Soulmates (RaYa OS/TS Collect...

Door DazzlingLight2022

A collection of stories based on Ram and Priya from Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 2 - inspired by the tracks on the s... Meer

Tum Zidd Karke Toh Dekho
Hot & Sweet
When the universe conspired to bring us together - Part 2
Sparks Fly 🔥
No more secrets
Swept off his feet!
New OS (Link Updated)
Yeh Milan ho Dobara, Pyaar ka Dard Hai...

When the universe conspired to bring us together - Part 1

2.2K 75 16
Door DazzlingLight2022

This TS, which originally started as an OS is a callback to one my most favorite episodes of the show - Episode 3. My story starts on the day after RaYa's beautiful bedroom conversation (Episode 178). When I started writing this story, I knew how I wanted to end it, but this time I found it really hard to keep it short. So please bear with me, and I promise you a lovely end to the story. 

Do let me know in your comments what I'm doing right or where I'm going wrong. 

Happy reading!

*************************************

Ram was back home early today; he was looking forward to the evening. He had but one mission - to spend some quality time with his biwi. His confidence was soaring after he eavesdropped on her kitchen conversation with Shivi. All his doubts about her not wanting to go with him alone to Alibaug were washed away. His wife wanted to spend time with him..and he will make it happen, come hell or high water. And if the evening went well, who knew, maybe she would open up a little more to him, maybe she would even confess her feelings, he chirped away happily to himself.

Everyone was away that evening, busy with one engagement or another. It was the perfect day for his plan, and it definitely helped that there was no explaining to be done to the family - not that he didn't want to, but he was sure Priya would get embarrassed by the questions, especially from Shivi! After their first romantic night of intimacy, they hadn't had the chance to spend a lot of alone time with each other except for some stolen moments. After the lovely conversation they had last night, where they all but confessed their feelings to each other, he definitely wanted more. Also, he accepted selfishly, finally he would have her all to himself!

Still lost in thought, he didn't realize that he'd reached their bedroom and was standing at the doorway, oblivious to the fact that Priya was looking at him quizzically. She walked over to him and gently tapped him on the shoulder to break his trance. Mr. Kapoor, Mr. Kapoor..kahan kho gaye? He snapped backed to reality, getting all flustered. Woh..Priya..main..woh..mujhe toilet jaana hai! and he made a run for the washroom before she could even react! She giggled looking at her husband behaving like the goofball that he was.

Arre..you're not ready yet? he asked her teasing her. She looked at him, confused. Ready, for what? she asked. You don't remember, I told you to be ready. That's why I've come early too! he continued, still teasing her, knowing fully well she had no clue what he was talking about. Mr. Kapoor, she exclaimed, hands on hips with a hint of annoyance, you didn't tell me anything! How could you forget to tell me? What if I had a prior engagement? By the way, where are we supposed to be going to? Ram interrupted her, afraid of angering her anymore lest she refuses to go with him. Okay, sorry, I'm sorry..main mazaak kar raha tha. Please don't get angry. Woh, since everybody is coming along with us to Alibaug, I wanted us to spend some time alone, so I thought we could go for a dinner date, he continued. Since it is only the two of us for dinner tonight, I thought we could go out together and I can also give the staff a break. Afterall, they should also be able to spend quality time with their families, hai naa? he added with a smug smile. He knew he had clinched the deal! There was no way Priya would turn down the dinner date now, he smirked! Theek hai, we can go, she declared, just as he had anticipated.

He went downstairs and waited whilst she got ready. He saw her coming down the stairs and was completely bewitched looking at her. He couldn't bring himself to peel his eyes from her as she walked down the stairs. She was a picture of beauty and elegance, dressed in a simple off white salwar suit with small pink embroidery work on the kurti, pink salwar and a beautiful pink dupatta with a golden border. Her mangalsutra adorned her neck, a simple stud matching her clothes, sindoor on her forehead, his maa's kangans on her wrists and a touch of lip gloss finished her look. He was so spellbound looking at her, he failed to notice that he'd been staring at her unblinkingly. Mr.Kapoor, he heard a voice calling out. Chalein? He nodded and they stepped out together.

As they were driving to the restaurant, she asked him, Mr. Kapoor, will you tell me at least now where we're going or are you still keeping it a suspense? He laughed, and replied, no, this mystery you don't have to solve. We're going to The Vintage Restaurant in Worli Sea Face. It's one of my favorite restaunts, and the chef is personally known to me and the food he prepares is just exquisite, and he went on non stop for the next 5 minutes describing all his favorite dishes from that restaurant. Priya smiled to herself listening to him..food is definitely Mr. Kapoor's only true love! Mr. Kapoor, aaj aap ki order kijiye, mujhe bhi dekhna hai aap kitna accha order karte hai! she challenged him.

They were welcomed at the entrance and led to their table, which was in a separate area away from the other diners offering them some much needed privacy. Priya looked around and she had a sudden sense of déjà vu. Why did it feel like she had been here before? Why did this place look familiar? While she was busy trying to jog her memory for a clue, Ram went ahead and placed the order for dinner. It included all his favorites; butter naan, dal makhni, chicken tandoori, paneer tikkas, boondi raita and more. And how could he forget the chef's specialty; butter crabs. He also remembered to order some ghee upma. What if Priya didn't like anything he ordered? For dessert, he ordered some gulab jamuns, tiramisu and some rabdi. Once done, he turned his attention to Priya who seemed lost in thought. Priya, kahan kho gayi? he inquired. She shook her head and said, nothing really, I don't know why but I feel like I've been here before. But I'm not able to recollect when or why. Anyway, that's not important, she said with a smile.

The chef personally came to greet them. Ram got up, shook his hand and took him in a bear hug. Priya was watching all this with interest, they looked like long lost friends. The chef looked at Priya and said, congratulations on your wedding. I know it's a little late, but I do want to tell you how lucky you are to have this gem of a person as your life partner. Ram was looking visibly embarrassed with the adulation, but the man was in no mood to stop. Today, I am standing in front of you because of this man, he continued looking at Priya. Many years ago, he helped save this restaurant from being shut down. All he demanded in return was that I prepare him his favorite dishes whenever he came. He not only rescued the restaurant, but also gave me the controlling stake so it would still remain mine. Thanks to him, the restaurant is where it is today and doing so well. When I asked him what made him help me, he just smiled and said - I'll do anything for good food! Anyway, I'll take your leave now and let you enjoy your dinner. He wished them both well one more time, and left.

Mr. Kapoor, she said looking at him adoringly, you know you're like the sun. You brighten the lives of people whose lives you enter, just like you brightened mine. She cupped her mouth with her hand, just realizing what she had said. Priya, she chided herself, what have you done? Ab Mr. Kapoor tumhe nahin chodenge! Ram couldn't believe his ears! Did she just admit that he was her sun? The evening had just started and his plan was already working, he enthusiastically thought to himself. So, I'm like the sun, huh, he asked with a cheeky grin. But the other day, didn't you say I was like Pluto? he teased her. Mr. Kapoor, don't make a mountain of a molehill..woh toh maine aise hi...she stuttered. The server came with the food just then and all was forgotten! She heaved a sign of relief and thanked the server in her mind for showing up at the perfect moment. For the next few minutes, the only sound on their table was the sound of Ram exclaiming in delight as he checked each dish, followed by him attacking the food with gusto. Priya was enjoying just looking at the happiness radiating from his face. This man never ceases to amaze me, how pure is his happiness for the simplest pleasures that life gives him! she thought to herself. Priya, ghoorna band kar unhe, she reminded herself, lest he realizes she was staring at him, or in his words tadofying him.

You know Priya, I remember something that happened when I was here the last time, Ram said. Adi and Bri had set me up on a blind date with a friend of Bri's. As I entered the restaurant, there was a girl in the restaurant who caught my eye. She was sitting by herself, probably waiting for someone. She had her head buried in one hand and was looking at her phone in the other hand, she had probably just got some bad news. I never got to see her face, but something about her made me want to go up to her and ask her what was bothering her. As I was thinking about approaching her, I spotted Adi and Bri waving out to me and went towards them abandoning my plan. As for my date, it was a disaster, in the first five minutes itself I knew that it was going to crash and burn, he laughed. Luckily for me, not for them, Adi & Bri had a small tiff and Bri left in a huff. I took the chance, apologized to my date and left with Adi to find and pacify Bri.

All this while, Priya was listening intently to every word he spoke. Suddenly, it all came flooding back to her. Her date, sir's cruel taunts and the stranger who reassured her from behind the door and left as suddenly as he had appeared. Could it have been Mr. Kapoor? she wondered. Her heart seemed to be convinced it was him. But he never mentioned anything like that, she thought. Come on Priya! such coincidences happen only in cheesy bollywood movies, not in real life. Let it be, don't say anything else Mr. Kapoor will think you're crazy!

To be continued

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

12.1K 596 12
One shots, random story ideas, and musings centered around Ram Kapoor and Priya Sood❤️
29.7K 1.4K 30
Ram and Priya were seperated because of a sword hanging above their heads which they weren't aware of. But surprises and ego takes them back to squa...
7.1K 346 8
Emotional Love Story
6.5K 283 6
random one shots based on BALH2 this one shots were written because of how poorly the show handled everything since number plate revelation, through...