The Tattoo Artist - PAPERBACK...

By MaFIABooks

PAPERBACK ON AMAZON! ❝You're mine. Understand? And if I see you look at a guy the same way you look at me, I'... More

AUTHOR ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter One | 'Don't hate the player, hate the game'
Chapter Two | 'Barking Up The Wrong Tree'
Chapter Three | 'Between a Rock and a Hard Place'
Chapter Four | 'It takes one to know one'
Chapter Five | 'Kill two birds with one stone'
Chapter Six | 'Back to Square One'
Chapter Seven | 'Beating Around the Bush'
Chapter Eight | 'Curiosity Killed The Cat'
Chapter Nine | 'Cry Over Spilled Milk'
Chapter Ten | 'A Dime a Dozen'
Chapter Eleven | 'Back to Square One'
Chapter Twelve | 'Get something out of your system'
Chapter Thirteen | 'Give someone the benefit of the doubt'
Chapter Fourteen | ' Cut To The Chase'
Chapter Sixteen | 'A Fool and His Money Are Soon Parted'
Chapter Seventeen | 'Time flies when you're having fun'
Chapter Eighteen | 'We'll cross that bridge when we come to it'
Chapter Nineteen | 'Your guess is as good as mine'
Chapter Twenty | 'A blessing in disguise'
Chapter Twenty One | 'Kill two birds with one stone'
Chapter Twenty Two | 'Rain on someone's parade'
Chapter Twenty Three | 'The devil is in the details'
Chapter Twenty Four | 'He's not playing with a full deck'
Chapter Twenty Five | 'Play devil's advocate'
Chapter Twenty Six| 'Pull yourself together'
Chapter Twenty Seven | 'He who laughs last laughs loudest'
Chapter Twenty Eight | 'Calm before the storm'
Chapter Twenty Nine | 'Go back to the drawing board'
Chapter Thirty | 'Through thick and thin, till the end'
Extra Chapter
Epilogue
Book 2 - The Untold Truth
Book Three - The Little Lie
PAPERBACK OUT NOW ON AMAZON
SAMPLE CHAPTER OF PAPERBOOK!

Chapter Fifteen | 'Cup of Joe'

176K 5.1K 6.3K
By MaFIABooks

A L E X A N D R A | J O N E S

I shouldn't have, I really shouldn't have done what I am doing now. But i retraced Diávolos steps, every single one and it led up to certain dungeon or some steel door with a security guard standing outside of it. The moment I was about to step towards the bouncer, my phone rings. I groan and rush behind the wall, I glance down at the caller ID.

Cathy.

Just when I might have figured out who Diávolos is, she calls me.

"Ali....my bestie in the whole world. I n-hic-I..."

"Cathy? Cathy, are you drunk?" I look towards the bouncer, and my eyes widen once I see him. Diávolos!

"No! I am-Oh Cathy-"

"Where are you? Are you with anyone?" I ask, I figured out where he goes. I figured it out! I'm right!

"Can-Can you come and get me please...I-I don't know what to do." She begins crying, I sigh. "I'm at the club downtown."

This may be my chance after two years to see his face, to see who he might be or how he acts. But of course, my best friend always comes first. "Okay, I'm coming now. Stay next to security." I walk away from the weird looking place; I dash towards the club as quickly as I could. I couldn't let anything bad happen to her. Especially in light of what happened to me. I dialled her number again, but there was no answer.

I start to have hallucinations about what happened to me, and I jump over these ridiculous puddles from the night before. Before getting to the club, I pass by the tattoo parlour. When I show the bouncer my ID, he lets me in.

Sweaty body's begin touching me, I look around the club. Shouting her name, and then I see her half asleep on the exit door. Cathy. You are going to be the death of me. I make my way towards her, apologising and excusing myself. Reaching her, I crouch down. "Cathy?" I whisper her name. She does not wake up. I shake her. No response. But she's breathing.

I sigh and throw her arm over my neck, I push the exit door open, and we enter a tunnel. "Hey, wake up." Her eyes blast open, and she vomits, I shake my head and let her vomit on the floor. She grabs onto my neck, pulling onto the necklace.

"I like this necklace..." She yanks it of my neck before falling to the ground, I watch the necklace fall into the drain. My eyes widen in shock, she gasps. Her hands grabbing her mouth. "Ali! Oh-I feel sick." I rush to the drain, gagging at the smell. Oh Cathy, you absolute sugar packet.

"Cathy, seriously!" She giggles softly, I take my phone out and book an Uber for the two of us. "Come on, it's late."

When the Uber arrives, I shove her inside and return my gaze to the drain before looking down at my empty chest. I was annoyed on the lengthy ride home since I had his identification on the tip of my fingers and now the necklace had gone down the toilet. And I don't mean that in a figurative sense.

It's better, though, to know that my best friend is safe. Knowing that she is safe and that no one has injured or molested her is reassuring. It lifts my spirits.

When we get there, I put her in my room and open the bathtub for her to soak in. I go over to her and undress her; she limps in my arms and speaks in a slurred manner. "Come on, let's get you in the tub," I say.

I force her into the water and let her swallow her sorrows as she looks up at me and helps me lift her body by taking off the excess weight. "I'll get you some paracetamol and tea for your hangover, and please stay here for fifteen to twenty minutes, okay?"

She yanks onto my hands, "sorry-about the necklace."

"It's fine, i forgive you." She tightens her lips and closes her eyes, pulling me in for a hug. She wets my top and then lets me go.

I close the door behind me and allow the bathroom to steam up whilst I go to my wardrobe to take some medicine. I shuffle through my things, sliding my shirt over my head and once i turn around, I receive the fright of my life, I grab onto my chest as my eyes link with his.

Diávolos.

"W-What are you doing here?" I whisper, he analyses my half naked body. I yank a shirt from my wardrobe and slip it over my clothes. He pushes his feet from my wall and makes his way over to me, towering over my small frame. His fingers graze my neck, and I knew exactly what he wanted to know, where is my necklace?

He didn't need to ask, he just looked at me. "Cathy ripped it of by accident, it went down the drain. I'm sorry." He shakes his head.

"Mántepse óti tha prépei na sou dóso éna kainoúrgio..."

[Guess I'll have to give you a new one]

He pulls the mask over his mouth and clutches the back of my neck, and I raise an eyebrow, not understanding a word. He presses his mouth against my neck and tilts my jaw with his hands as he pushes me against him.

I gently gasp as I feel his mouth pressing down on my skin like a vampire, and I softly groan.

My fingers were itching to run through his hair, but they couldn't. He slams me against the wall next to my cupboard and sucks me in even tighter.

My tummy flutters, "Diávolos..." I murmur, completely forgetting that Cathy is directly across the room.

But this feels too good to be true; I've never had anything like this done to me before. He kisses my jaw and then reaches for my mouth, only slightly leaning in.

Green is supposed to be the most powerful colour since it ushers in the new season after the passing of winter days, and his eyes were born with a green tone that reminded us of sunshine and flower blooms, and I saw him staring at me.

"Can-Can i feel your hair?" A stupid question to ask, but I wanted to touch him, feel him against my skin. He looks away, gently lifting my hands with his. Tingles flutter.

He lifts the back of his mask and allows my hands to rest onto his hair, I don't take any chances to brush my hands through his locks. Thick locks.

"A-A-Ali...hello!" I slip my hand away from his hair and turn towards the bathroom. I rush and open the door, to see Cathy up and changed into the pyjamas I leant her. She pushes past me, and my heart quickens.

She's going to see Diávolos, I sprint after her and see her face planted on my bed, snoring. I turn to see Diávolos sitting on my desk chair, his legs spread out. She didn't notice him; she took up my entire single bed. I think she forgets that I don't own a double bed. I make my way towards Diávolos, only to notice his fist. Bruised.

"Do you like killing people?" I ask him, grazing my thumb over the bruises.

"Yes." He replies honestly.

"Why?" He shrugs his shoulders.

"Wear your shoes." 

He demands, standing up from the small chair. I didn't even ask another question; I grab my  boots and slip them on before following him down my balcony. He helps me on the last step, and I see a beautiful motorcycle against the wall of my house, he grabs the helmet and turns to me.

"Where are we going?" He doesn't respond. Instead, he lowers the helmet and elevates my head to assist me in securing it. He snatches the jacket off the back of the seat and puts it on me. As I see him push the helmet over his face, he puts his leg over and settles himself on it, I zip it up. I creep up behind him, clutching the hook in the back.

"You should hold onto me," what? Before I could even think, we zoom out. I scream in shock and grab onto his waist. Tightening my grip around him, I shut my eyes tightly. "Open." The wind was pushing my hair back, I did not open my eyes. Because I was scared. "Open your eyes Angelos,"

I take a deep breath and decide to open them. And I'm glad he pushed me to do it because the city lights come into view as the wind clashes on my hands and bare legs. I sit up straight and take a glance around, my hands resting on his stomach before gliding up to his neck as I raise myself. I couldn't stop laughing; this was fantastic! Beautiful! The city, with its busy streets and traffic. The metropolis.

Diávolos raises his eyes to me as we come to a halt at a red light, and he motions for me to take a seat in front of him. He removes my helmet and hangs it, along with his, on the back hook. My chest was plastered against his, and my legs were draped across his thighs.

"Diávolos..." I murmur, my arms tightening around his neck. My eyes widen as he starts driving. What is going on!

He is watching me, not the road.

My heart is racing with fear, but something inside me tells me to believe in him. When we come to another red light, he removes his mask and places his lips on mine.

It felt like a dream, his kiss. I press my hands against his cheeks as people in the back begin cheering and clinking their glasses, I laugh against his lips. He releases and stares into my eyes, his forehead resting on mine. "Thymísou me tou Ángelos..."

I placed my head on his shoulders the entire time he turned back to my house. I pretend to fall asleep because I don't want him to leave me. He gets off his bike and nudges me to wake up, but I don't.

I tightly lock my legs around his waist as he sighs and stands up before carrying me in his arms. He walks into my room and gently settles me down beside Cathy on the bed, sliding my boots off; I feel his lips on my mouth before they are no longer there.

I lift myself up from the bed and notice the closed balcony doors, I sigh. Upset. I-Am-Am I falling in love? What does love even to feel like?

Thymísou me tou Ángelos

What does that mean?

Who are you Diávolos...?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

468K 18K 53
Daniela O'Brien. Dani is the girl you would say has absolutely no luck going for her at all. Two dead parents, an estranged sister and an abusive, c...
298K 3.4K 39
Enemies don't look at each other the way you do. !!THE BOOK IS GOING TO BE EDITED SOON!! After the problem she went through and escaping her abusive...
3.4K 286 48
Alexandra Queen, she has never had a normal childhood. Her and her mother were abused by her father and his friend, John. Day in and day out. Their j...
360K 12K 60
𝖡𝖤𝖳𝖱𝖠𝖸𝖠𝖫 𝖲𝖤𝖱𝖨𝖤𝖲 #1 She pressed the knife deeper to my throat. I could feel the sting and blood beginning to trickle down my neck. "I ga...