He who defy Gods (Arifureta X...

By Sora_Flashing12

Sora Yatagami was a completely average human, and possessed a strong-willed, kind-hearted, humble and generou... More

Prologue Pt 1 Summoning
Prologue Pt2 Another World
Prologue Pt3 Pits of Hell
Chapter 1 The Vampire Queen
Chapter 2 Azure Plant
Chapter 3 The Final Guardian
Chapter 4 Spirit Awakening
Chapter 5 The Haulia's
Chapter 6 Vergeben
Chapter 7 Haulia's Training
Chapter 8 Pit Stop
Chapter 9 Raisen Great Labyrinth
Chapter 11 Request
Chapter 12 Reunion
Chapter 13 Dragon Slayer
Chapter 14 The Goddess's Sword
Chapter 15 The Enemy
Chapter 16 Myu
Chapter 17 A Looming Shadow
Chapter 18 Overwhelming Force
Chapter 19 The Best at being the Worst
Season 1 Finale Chapter 20 Departure
Sora's Girls
(Season 2) Prologue: To You, My Precious Person
(Season 2) He who defy Gods Op
(Season 2) Chapter 1 The Dukedom of Ankaji
(Season 2) Chapter 2 The Bottom of the Oasis
(Season 2) Chapter 3 The Grand Gruen Volcano
(Season 2) Chapter 4 Black and White
(Season 2) Chapter 5 Erisen
(Season 2) Chapter 6 Sunken Ruin of Melusine
(Season 2) Chapter 7 A Miraculous Meeting
(Season 2) Chapter 8 The Phantasmagorical Adventure
(Season 2) Chapter 9 A New Vow
(Season 2) Chapter 10 A Disturbing Darkness
(Season 2) Chapter 11 Invasion of The Capital
(Season 2) Chapter 12 God's Apostle
(Season 2) Chapter 13 Betrayal
(Season 2) Chapter 14 A Fierce Battle
(Season 2) Chapter 15 Trust in Me
(Season 2) Chapter 16 Aftermath
(Season 2) Chapter 17 The Events of a Single Day Pt 1
(Season 2 Finale) Chapter 18 The Events of a Single Day Pt 2
He who defy Gods Sora Bio
(Season 3) Prologue: Dreamland to Tomorrow

Chapter 10 Miledi Reisen

4.2K 107 57
By Sora_Flashing12

No one's POV

Sora and Hajime: Then die.

Hajime let loose a barrage of missiles. They left a trail of sparks as they slammed into the Miledi Golem and exploded. The explosion echoed loudly across the massive room. Smoke enveloped the space Miledi had been occupying.

Shea: Did you get her!?

Yue: Shea, anytime anyone says that the enemy's alive.

Shea was ready to start celebrating, but Yue shot her down. And in the end, Yue's warning proved correct. A burning fist punched its way through the smoke. Miledi swept her hand across, blowing away the smoke. As the smoke cleared, they saw that while Miledi's forearms were crumbling here and there, she hadn't taken any serious damage. She grabbed one of the nearby floating blocks and crushed it, using the particles to restore her own body.

Mieldi: Fufu, congratulations on landing the first strike. But I'm sure you can do better than that. Come on, I might have the spell you're looking for~ I'm pretty strong though, so try not to die.

Hajime: You don't seem so different than the trash from before though.

Miledi: You really are an impertinent one, white hair. I like the gray hair one more. Ok, I'll tell you.

Suddenly multiple golem started appearing behind Miledi. They were all floating in mid air just like the floating platform that Sora and the others were currently standing.

Miledi: This is my power. Have you ever since a flying golem? They will attack you all at once. So? You scared? If you apologize now—

Yue: Force Rupture!

Aishia: Take this!

Suddenly a huge blast of light appeared surprising Miledi as it blasted the golems away.

Miledi:...Eh?

Aishia: If they're floating that's just an easier target.

Yue: And you are annoying!

Miledi looked down and saw that it was Aishia that was the one that launched that blast.

Miledi: Oh, from the looks of it, you used the same ability that gray haired one uses as well. What was it called, oh yeah, Spirit Art.

Hajime: Well, looks at this, seems you do have a core.

Sora: Aishia, Yue, Shea, aim around where her heart should be.

Miledi: Wha...What's with you guys?! You shouldn't be able to use magic here?!

Miledi was clearly surprised. It hadn't even occurred to her that Hajime might have a demon eye that could see the flow of mana. Now that they knew the Miledi Golem's weak point, Yue and Shea's eyes glinted with a predatory light. There weren't even ten regular golems left to protect Miledi.

Sora(mind): As long as we coordinate our attacks, we should be able to take out her heart.

Sora and Shea leaped forwards, Sora clad his Murasame with [Wind Manipulation] Spirit Art and slammed it down along with Shea's Drucken towards Miledi, who blocked it with her golem arms.

Miledi: Bunny girl have incredible power. And you handsome have incredible flexibility.

Sora: Your stupid flattery won't work.

Miledi: But you are handsome.

Shea: You liiiiiittle!

Shea let out a bestial roar as she struggled to push through Miledi's fist. However, she was unable to match the golem's strength, so she was blown away.

Shea: Kyaaa!

Shea screamed loudly as she flew through the air. Her body had been temporarily stunned by Miledi's fist, and there were no floating platforms in the direction she was headed. At this rate she would fall, but Aishia suddenly jumped next to her, grabbed her mid-flight, and used [Wind Manipulation ] Spirit Art to correct their trajectory to a nearby platform.

Miledi: You've got quite the coordinated little team there.

Miledi looked down at Aishia, Yue and Shea, her voice smug. But just then, another voice rang out from right beside her.

Hajime: I know, right?

Sora: We've been through a lot together.

Miledi: Wha—!?

As Miledi turned around in surprise, she saw Sora and Hajime. Sora had flew back and grabbed Hajime and landed on a gap of her armor. In Hajime's hands was the railgun-accelerated anti-materiel rifle Schlagen, pointed directly at her heart. Sparks were flying down the length of Schlagen's barrel.

Miledi: Wh-When did you—

Miledi was interrupted by the sound of a bullet being fired. The point blank rifle shot sent Miledi flying backward, obliterating the armor around her chest. With his Lightning Field weakened, Schlagen was only as powerful as Donner normally was. Still, that was more than enough to destroy metal armor. Even in this dungeon Donner was powerful enough to blow away the normal golem knights' armor, and since Miledi seemed to be made of the same material, the most she could have done to her armor was make it thicker.

Smoke billowed from her chest as she flew backward, and the recoil sent Hajime flying in the opposite direction. But Sora flew and grabbed Hajime landing on a nearby platform. Then, they took a closer look at what had become of Miledi. Aishia, Yue and Shea jumped onto nearby blocks as well.

Yue:..Did you get her?

Hajime: I definitely felt it hit, but...

Shea: I really hope this is the end.

Aishia: Its too easy...

Sora: Yeah, don't let your guard down for even a second.

Suddenly, Miledi started drawing nearby platforms to her as if nothing had happened, and spoke to Hajime and Sora with a voice full of admiration.

Miledi: Maaan, that was close. I actually thought I was done for. If this dungeon didn't dissipate mana, and that artifact had been able to fire at full power, I really would have bit the dust. Yep, I'm a genius for spending so much time making my labyrinth like this!

All he heard from the Miledi Golem were words of admiration for herself, which neither Sora nor Hajime paid no heed to.

Miledi: Hmm. So you're interested in this, huh?

Miledi noticed where Sora's gaze was directed and pointed to her jet black armor as she spoke gleefully.

Miledi: Well...

She continued suggestively, but before she could continue, Sora spat out a curse and answered her question.

Sora: It's Azanthium.

Azanthium was the hardest metal in this world. Plenty of Sora's and Hajime's own equipment was forged out of it as well. Even a light coat of it would be tough enough to withstand a full power shot from Donner. No wonder Schlagen didn't do anything. Breaking through Azantium was next to impossible, which made them furrow their brows.

Miledi: Oh? You already knew about it? Well, I guess that makes sense. You beat O-chan's dungeon, after all. There's no way someone capable of using creation magic wouldn't know of it. Now, since you're finally starting to despair a little, how about we get started with round two!?

Miledi finished repairing her outer armor with materials stolen from the platforms and fired her flail while rushing forward at the same time.

Shea: Wh-What do we do now, Sora, Hajime!?

Sora: We're not out of options yet, but we have to seal her movements first somehow.

Shea: Okay, leave it to me.

Miledi: Not this time.

Everyone: !!

Suddenly the sky started to fall. The platforms started falling. Worse, because Miledi could control the trajectory to some extent, the platforms were heavily concentrated where Hajime and the others were standing.

Miledi: Now, show me how you'll overcome this situation.

Considering the fact that Miledi probably didn't intend to kill herself too, Sora guessed the space around her must have been safe. However, the falling rocks were nearly upon them, and they only had time to huddle near a wall. It was too late to try and make a break for her.

Sora: Aishia, Shea, grabbed on!

Aishia: Okay!

Shea: R-Right!

The moment they grabbed on, he clad his Murasame in Lightning and destroyed some of the falling platform.

He then activated one of his special magic skills, [Riftwalk]. The world suddenly slowed down around him, and Sora could make out each piece of death falling toward him. Using the minimum amount of movement possible, Sora nimbly weaved his way through the falling barrage. Hajime on the other hand did with his twin pistol, along with Yue who was grabbing him as well, shot aside the rocks he couldn't evade. He couldn't afford to make even a fraction of a mistake. Even the level of perception he'd had when he'd first learned Riftwalk in the fight against the Great Orcus Labyrinth's guardian wouldn't be enough.

With fluid motions, they dodged death by a hair's breadth time and time again. This was all the more impressive because Aishia and Shea were still clinging to Sora, while Yue was clinging to Hajime. They jumped from crumbling platform to crumbling platform with a godlike level of balance, sometimes even using the falling rocks as footholds.

Now that time was moving in slow motion, they were able to see the cracks in each stone as it fell past. Having long since surpassed the limits of any human, they continually found the one thread of life in a sea of death. To Miledi, who was watching from across the room near the far wall, it looked as if Sora and Hajime had been swallowed by the barrage of rocks.

Miledi(mind): They fought hard, but I guess they just couldn't handle that kind of barrage. I guess, the Dragon King reincarnated into the wrong host this time.

Slightly disappointed, Miledi released her hold on the rocks. The few platforms that hadn't been totally destroyed floated aimlessly among the remnants of the fallen sky.

Miledi: Well, I guess it was too much for them after all. But if they can't even survive this, they'd never have been able to take on those bastards.

Sighing, Miledi started searching for Sora's and Hajime's corpse. But at that moment—

Hajime: I thought we already told you that we don't care about fighting those bastards.

Sora: We just want to go home.

Miledi: Huh?

She heard a familiar voice. It was the voice of that arrogant white-haired boy that wore an eyepatch, along with the calming sharp face, gray-haired boy and used artifacts she'd never seen before. It was the voice of Sora and Hajime. Miledi turned around, her voice a mixture of surprise and joy. Hajime looked down at Miledi from his perch on one of the few intact platforms. While Sora was floating on the other side to where Hajime was currently standing. They were bleeding from his eye and nose, but otherwise looked unharmed.

Miledi: H-How did you...

She was sure she'd seen them get swallowed up by the barrage of rocks, yet here they were, standing before her. Sora smiled victoriously.

Hajime: We don't mind telling you... but don't you think you should be worrying about something else?

Miledi: Huh?

Her confusion vanished an instant later when a magical attack slammed into her.

Yue: Rupture!

Yue's cool voice rang out through the crumbling chamber, and multiple jets of water cut through Miledi's back, legs, head, and shoulders. Entire chunks of her armor were cut off.

Miledi: No matter how many times you try, the result won't change~ I'll just fix it all up when I fix my arms~

Sora: You won't get the chance to.

Sora and Aishia appeared next to her within a blink of an eye. Sora with Murasame along with Aishia who was holding her spear, Schneewalzer.

Sora wrapped Murasame with [Fire Manipulation] Spirit Art, while Aishia wrapped Schneewalzer with [Water Manipulation] Spirit Art that turned into ice and slammed into Miledi's body. Like before, Miledi was blown away by the force of it.

She was sent flying even further back, and crashed into one of the floating platforms behind her.

Miledi: N-No matter what you do, you still...

Sora: We know...

Hajime: Yue! Aishia!

Hajime ignored Miledi's words and shouted out to Aishia and Yue. The two of them jumped up and fired another spell.

Aishia: Freeze!

Yue: Crystal Coffin!

Yue chanted the name of a spell meant to encase its target in a tomb of ice, but it was an advanced level water spell. In this labyrinth, Yue shouldn't have been able to use anything stronger than an intermediate spell. However, with the help of Aishia's Spirit Art, Yue's mana has risen to the point she could used her advance spell without exhausting her mana. The part of Miledi's back that was resting on the floating blocks froze, keeping her stuck to the platform.

Miledi: Wha—!? How can you use advanced level spells!?

Miledi shouted out in surprise.

Yue: Because I already used water in my attack, I only needed to freeze it. And thanks to Big Sister shared mana, I still have plenty to spare.

Hajime: Nice job, both of you!

Hajime stood on top of Miledi's chest and pulled his trump card out of his Treasure Trove. The object he pulled out was a two and a half meter long cannon. The outside was covered in all manner of odd knobs and switches, while the inside was loaded with a twenty centimeter wide jet black spike. There were four sturdy stands attached to the lower part of the cannon, while the middle part connected to his prosthetic arm, allowing him to operate it.

Hajime used the arms to hold it in place over Miledi, who couldn't move, and fired two anchors for good measure. All told, there were six stands firmly holding the cannon in place. Then, Hajime started pouring mana into it. Red sparks started flying off the cannon, and the jet black spike inside it started to rotate.

*Whiiiiiiiir!*

The spinning spike let out a high pitched whirring noise. Hajime's smile was so ghastly that had Miledi not been a golem, she surely would have stiffened in fear. This was one of the auxiliary weapons for his left arm, a pile bunker. With his compression synthesis, he had managed to fit a four-ton mass into a spike twenty centimeters wide and one meter long. The entire thing was coated in a thick layer of Azantium, making it the densest, hardest object on the planet. He ignited the massive amount of compressed blastrock inside the pile bunker and accelerated it with Lightning Field for good measure.

Hajime: Eat this. [Pile Bunker].

He drove the spike straight through Miledi's heart, as if he were staking a vampire. With a resounding crash, his pile bunker pierced through Miledi's Azantium armor. Cracks spread around the point of impact, the damage spreading throughout the plating. The platform Miledi was stuck to had nearly shattered, the force of the impact pushed it down a good distance, and the friction of the spinning pile bunker created enough heat to make plumes of smoke rise from her chest...However, the light in Miledi's eyes was still burning bright.

Miledi: Ha...haha. Looks like even that wasn't enough. But well, props to you guys. You pierced through a good three-fourths of my armor, you know?

Her voice was shaky, but she tried to feign confidence. Internally, she was panicking. The pile bunker she'd just experienced had been one not fully accelerated by Hajime's max power Lightning Field. That was the only reason it hadn't penetrated all the way to her core. And yet, despair still didn't color Hajime's eyes. It was almost as if he'd expected it to not be enough.

Sora:Now, Shea! Finish it!

That surprises Miledi when she heard Sora's voice. Hajime put everything but the spike back into his Treasure Trove and leaped out of the way. From above came Shea, falling from a great height. Her rabbit ears were flopping in the wind as she held Drucken high over her head.

Miledi: Wha—!?

Miledi instantly guessed what was about to happen. There was real panic in her eyes now, and she desperately tried to break free. Realizing that wouldn't work, she tried to move the platform she was stuck to instead, but she quickly realized it was too late. At the last moment she stopped struggling, accepting her inevitable fate.

Shea fired off multiple shotgun blasts to accelerate her even further, then slammed down her war hammer with all the power of gravity behind it.
With a thunderous roar, the spike sank deeper into Miledi. But even then, it didn't pierce all the way through. Shea squeezed Drucken's trigger relentlessly, blowing all of her ammunition.

Shea: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Shea's scream echoed across the room. She poured every last ounce of her strength into her war hammer. Every. Last. Ounce. The platform fell even further from the force of her blow. It crashed into the floor below at breakneck speed. Finally, the spike pierced through Miledi's last layer of Azantium armor. There was a satisfying crack as her core broke.

The moment the platform hit the ground, Shea somersaulted over Drucken and leaped into the air. Then, with her body strengthening focused on her legs, she kicked Drucken's handle, making doubly sure that Miledi was done for. The spike drove even further into Miledi's chest, breaking the core apart, shattering it completely. The light faded from Miledi's eyes. Shea let out a sigh of relief, then let the tension drain from her body.

She heard 4 objects land behind her and turned around. As she expected, it was Sora, Aishia, Hajime and Yue. Shea broke out into an ecstatic grin and gave them a thumbs-up. Both of them smiled back and returned her gesture. They were certain of it now. They'd cleared the final trial Reisen's labyrinth had to offer.

Sora: Nice one, Shea. That last smash of yours was perfect.

Hajime: I might even respect you a little now.

Yue:...Yeah, you did good.

Aishia: It was amazing...

Dust as thick as smoke swirled about them as they talked. A spiderweb of cracks radiated out from the crater that had formed when the Miledi Golem had crashed into the ground. Shea was exhausted enough that she had to lean on Drucken just to stay on her feet. She would have gladly just slumped to the ground, but she wanted to look cool in front of Hajime and Yue. And as a reward for her efforts, the two of them gave her looks of admiration.

Shea: Ehehe, thanks guys. But Sora, shouldn't you be saying you might have fallen in love with me a little instead?

Sora: Not happening. Not even a little.

Though his words seemed curt, his expression was nowhere near as stern as it usually was when it came to Shea's pathetic jokes.

Shea: Fweh? I-Is it just me... or are you actually being nice to me for once, Sora...? I-Is this a dream?

Sora: Now look here...I guess it makes sense that you'd think that considering how I've been treating you...

Shea pinched her cheeks to make sure she really wasn't dreaming. Sora wanted to protest, but he realized that he really didn't have any right to say anything.
Aishia and Yue walked up to Shea, who was still busy pinching her cheeks. She grabbed Shea's arm, pulled her down into a crouch, and gently patted her head. Then, she started to straighten out Shea's disheveled hair.

Shea: U-Umm, Yue, Aishia?

Aishia: It's a shame we can't get Sora to pat your head.

Yue: You'll just have to make do with us for now.

Shea: A-Aishiaaaaaa, Y-Yueeeeeee. Huh? Why am I crying? Fweeeeeeeh.

Aishia:...There there.

Shea waffled about in confusion for a moment, but burst into tears and hugged Aishia and Yue tight when she realized she was being praised.

Sora(mind): Taking on one of the Seven Great Labyrinths for her first trip outside the forest must have been pretty tough.

Only the resolve to stay together with Sora, Aishia, Yue and Hajime had kept her going. Finally being accepted as someone capable of fighting together with them after overcoming such a difficult trial was more than enough to move her to tears. Sora just smile at the scene, until a voice called out to the 5 of them.

Miledi: Ummm... Sorry to interrupt your little party, but things aren't looking so hot for me, so I'd like to get this out of the way before it's too late.

They knew that voice. The three of them all turned back in surprise. The light from Miledi's eyes, which had gone out moments ago, had returned. Instantly, they all jumped back. They all eyed Miledi warily, as they were certain they'd destroyed her core.

Miledi: Hey, hey, no need to be so tense. You did it! You won! I'm just using what little power's left in my core to talk to you guys for a bit! I'll be gone for good in a few minutes.

The fact that the light in her eyes was flickering and fainter than before, combined with the fact that she didn't move, seemed to support her statement. She was on the verge of disappearing for good.

Sora(mind): Really does look like she's gonna die in a few minutes...

Relaxing slightly, Hajime cautiously responded to her.

Hajime: So? What'd you want to talk to us about, you half-dead golem? Seeing as you're about to die and still can't read the mood... I guess I'll posthumously award you the title of most insensitive Liberator.

Miledi: Heeey, there's no need to be so mean. I was just starting to like you, too. Especially you, gray hair...

Yue and Shea then looked at Sora deadpan.

Yue and Shea: -_- What are you, a chick magnet?

Sora just responded by hitting them in the heads.

Yue: Meanie...

Shea: Hiiiii!!!

Sora: Whatever. Anyway, I thought we told you we have no interest in fighting your world's gods.

It almost felt like Miledi sighed before she responded.

Miledi: Don't worry, that's not what I wanted to talk about. There's no need to. I'm just... here to give you a piece of advice. Even if the spell you're looking for isn't in the labyrinths you explore, you'll need to acquire all of the ancient magic the Liberators left behind... in order to achieve your goal...

It certainly did seem like Miledi was on the verge of disappearing. Her voice was growing fainter and there were long pauses between sentences. Unconcerned, Hajime continued pressing her for answers.

Hajime: All of it, huh... Well, why don't you tell us where all the other labyrinths are, then. The records have been lost and no one knows where most of them are anymore.

Miledi: Ah, I see... So it's already been so long... that people have forgotten where the labyrinths are... Okay, well... they're...

Miledi's voice grew weaker and weaker. It looked like she was reminiscing about the past. Yue and Shea looked down at her silently. They respected her determination. For the sake of her goal, for the sake of her dream, she'd abandoned human form and transferred her spirit into this inanimate object. Miledi mumbled out the location of the remaining Great Labyrinths. Among them was one that came as a surprise to everyone.

Sora: You sure are acting nice now. What happened to all the harassment and traps you sprang on us?

Like Sora had said, the annoying cutesy speech and insulting tone was nowhere to be found. Instead, she was speaking with sincerity he could hardly believe from her. She had shown hints of this personality before their fight, so Hajime was beginning to suspect this really was her true nature. And now that she was moments from death, she had no need to keep up the facade.

Miledi: Ahaha, sorry about that, really. But you know... those fucking bastards... are real scum... They do these kinds of underhanded annoying things all the time... So I just... wanted to help you get used to it before...

Hajime: Hey... How many times do we have to say it? We have no interest in fighting your mad gods. Quit assuming we will.

The reply that came back had such a level of earnest tone to it that neither Sora nor Hajime couldn't doubt her words.

Miledi: You will. As long as you stay the same... you'll... definitely kill them.

Sora:...I don't get what you're trying to say. I mean, sure, I guess I'll blow them to kingdom come if they get in our way, but...

Sora replied hesitatingly. Miledi only laughed cryptically in reply.

Miledi: Fufu... That's fine... live your life however you wish... I know... your choices... will definitely... help this world...

Glowing blue light enveloped the Miledi Golem. It flickered faintly, like the pale light of a firefly as it floated up to heaven like a soul finally being freed. It was a wondrous, mystical sight. Aishia and Yue suddenly walked up to Miledi. There was almost no light left in her eyes.

Miledi: What is it?

Miledi's voice was barely a whisper. Aishia and Yue replied in the same hushed whisper, giving their last parting words to the great Liberator.

Yue: You did well.

Aishia: You can rest now.

Miledi:......

Words of praise. It was all one of the living could give to her, an almost legendary hero that had waited all alone in the darkness for centuries, never giving up hope that her dream would one day be realized. It might have been odd hearing those words from someone far younger than her. Still, they could think of nothing else to say. Miledi hadn't been expecting that either. She just stared in surprise for a while. Finally, she spoke. Her muttered words were far gentler than anything they'd heard her say thus far.

Miledi: Thank you.

Sora(mind): Just get on with it already!

Behind them, Sora and Hajime was nearing the end of their patience. The way Miledi had sounded so sure about what she was going to do had pissed him off. And yet, Shea pinned his arms behind his back and covered his mouth with her hand before he could do anything.

Shea: Who's the one who can't read the mood now, huh!? Just stay quiet until they're done!

Shea whispered furiously into Sora's ear. Fortunately, neither Aishia nor Yue nor Miledi noticed them, so the solemn atmosphere between the three of them remained.

Miledi: Now then... it's finally time... I pray that... the blessings of the gods... never reach you...

Sora(mind): Hold on, those were the same words Oscar told us back in his house...

With that parting remark, Miledi Reisen, one of this world's Liberators, vanished. Entranced, Aishia, Yue and Shea watched as the light of her soul rose up to the sky.

Yue: At first I thought she was just a rotten, twisted little woman, but she really gave it her all, didn't she?

Aishia: Yeah...

Their words were somber. However, two member of their party didn't seem to care about Miledi's passing at all, and hurried three two of them up.

Sora: Alright, done yet? Let's get out of here. Also, I know for a fact that that annoying part of her personality wasn't faked.

Hajime: I agree. There's no actor that good, she had to have been a bitch from the start.

Shea: Come on, Sora, Hajime. There's no need to speak ill of the dead. That's just cruel. See, I knew you were the one who was worst at reading the mood.

Yue: Hajime, Big Brother, are you dense?

Aishia: They just can't be honest with their feelings.

Sora: Not you too, Aishia... Bah, whatever. Also, it's not that I can't read the mood, I'm just choosing not to.

In the midst of their conversation, they noticed a section of the wall had begun to glow. Cutting their discussion short, they started heading toward it. It was relatively high up, so they'd have to hop across a few floating blocks to reach it. But the moment they jumped onto the first one, it started moving and took them right to it.

Everyone:.....

Shea: Wawawa, it just started moving on its own. Well, at least it saved us some trouble.

Yue: Is this a reward for winning?

Shea yelled out in surprise, while Yue tilted her head. Sora and Hajime were the only ones who looked unhappy. After ten seconds of travel, it stopped about five meters before the glowing part of the wall. At the same time, the light began to fade and the part of the wall that had been glowing fell away. Behind it was a passageway made of polished white stone that shone with a brilliant radiance. The floating block they were standing on began taking them through the passage.

Sora(mind): I guess this is what's going to take us to Miledi's house?

A short while later, they found themselves staring at a wall engraved with the seven Liberators' crests. It was the same wall that had led to Oscar's house in his labyrinth. As they approached, the wall slid to the side. The block didn't slow at all and took them through that opening as well. On the other side, they found...

Miledi: Hey there! Not-so-long time no see! It's me, Miledi-chan!

A miniature version of the Miledi Golem.

Everyone:......

Hajime: Knew it...

Sora: What'd I tell you? I knew she'd pull something like this.

Aishia, Shea and Yue were stunned speechless. Sora and Hajime just looked annoyed. Sora had been hoping his guess was incorrect.He'd already guessed that both the serious Miledi and the prankster Miledi were just two facets of the person that was Miledi Reisen. The intricacy and annoyance factor of her traps was too great to have come from someone who was just putting on a facade. Furthermore, she'd purposely chosen to leave her spirit behind to judge potential challengers. In which case, it didn't make sense for her to set things up so that she'd just vanish once she was defeated. After all, that would mean subsequent challengers would no longer have any trials to overcome.

Hajime: We knew it turn out like this. If you disappeared, who would be our guid.

Miledi: Oh, you both saw through me! No wonder you managed to clear my trial!!

That was why Sora had predicted that even if they destroyed her golem, Miledi herself wouldn't vanish. His assumption was confirmed when the block they jumped on started guiding them on its own. Only Miledi could freely control those blocks. In stark contrast to Aishia, Shea and Yue's glum expressions, Miledi seemed sickeningly cheerful.

Miledi: Huh? What's this? Why's everyone all quiet? Come on, shouldn't you be more surprised? Or are you just so surprised you don't know what to say? I guess my surprise was a huge hit!

The miniature Miledi Golem looked a lot more human than her giant counterpart. She had a white mask over her face and her slender body was clad in a white robe. Though it was rather off- putting that her mask was in the shape of a smiley face... Speaking in the same cutesy manner she had when they'd first met, Mini Miledi walked up to them. Aishia, Yue and Shea's bangs were covering their faces, hiding their expressions. Sora and Hajime could see where this was headed and quickly took a step back.

Aishia, Yue and Shea whispered quietly.

Aishia, Yue, and Shea: Then what was that back there?

Miledi: Hm? Back there? Oh, did you think I died? Nah, no way! I'd never leave!

Yue: But we saw light leaving your body.

Miledi: Fufufu, pretty good performance, right? I'm such a good actor! I really am a genius at everything I do!

Miledi got louder and louder as she spoke. She became proportionally more annoying as well. Yue stuck her hand out while Aishia and Shea pulled out Schneewalzer and Drucken.

Miledi: Uh oh, did I go too far?

Miledi muttered worriedly.

Miledi: U-Umm....

She looked apprehensively from Aishia to Yue to Shea, momentarily at a loss for words, but then she seemed to resign herself to her fate as she spoke.

Miledi: Ehehe, just kidding~ Sowwie!

Yue: You've done it now.

Aishia: Die.

Shea: I'm going to kill you!

Miledi: W-Wait! Please wait! This body's really weak! I really will die if you smash it! Calm down, please! I'll apologize, I promise!

That marked the start of a scuffle in which a great deal of the surrounding area was destroyed, but neither Sora nor Hajime paid it all no mind and explored the room they were in instead. The floors and walls were all white, and aside from the magic circle engraved into its center, the room was empty. There was a single door set into the far wall, which they assumed led to Miledi's house.

Sora and Hajime walked over to the magic circle and started examining it. Miledi hurried over to them when she saw what they were doing. A bloodthirsty vampire, a divine spirit and a murderous rabbit chased after her.

Miledi: Heeey, don't touch that. Also, they're your comrades, right!? Don't just ignore me, do something about them!

Miledi jumped onto Sora as she cowered behind Sora's back, hoping he would provide some protection against the three demonic girls chasing her.

Aishia: Sora, move.

Yue: We have to kill her.

Shea: Please move, Sora. We need to kill her. Soon, preferably.

Hajime: Didn't think I'd be hearing that from you guys.

Sora Anyway, quit playing around, we've got work to do.

Sora and Hajime reprimanded Aishia, Yue and Shea in a tired voice. Behind him, the Mini Miledi jeered.

Miledi: Yeah that's right, take this seriously!

But then she was cut short by Hajime's metal arm grabbing her face. He tightened his hold on her until her smiley face mask was twisted in a grotesque expression of pain. There was an ominous creaking noise coming out of her head.

Hajime: If you don't want to end up like your bigger self, hand over the ancient magic.

Miledi: Heeey, you do know you sound totally like a villain! Gray hair boy, saved me— Creaak! Okay, okay, fine, I'll give it to you! I promise, so please stop! I'm really going to break if you keep going!

Seeing Miledi finally humbled, Aishia, Yue and Shea calmed down a little as well. Realizing any more fooling around might really get her destroyed, Miledi quickly started up the magic circle. The 5 of them stepped inside it. Since Miledi herself had been the one to test them here, there was no spell that searched their memories like the one in Orcus' home. Instead, the knowledge of how to use the ancient magic she protected was transferred directly to their brain.

Sora, Aishia, Hajime and Yue had gone through this once before, so they didn't show any reaction, but Shea jumped in surprise when it happened. In just a few seconds, all 5 of them had the knowledge of how to use Miledi's ancient spell.

Sora: This is... I knew it, a spell that lets you manipulate gravity.

Miledi: That's right~ My specialty was gravity magic. Make sure you use it well... Or so I'd like to say, but it looks like you, white hair and that bunny girl over there don't have any affinity for it. Like none at all, holy cow!

Hajime: Oh shut up. I figured that would happen anyway.

Just as Miledi had said, though Sora, Hajime and Shea now had the knowledge of how to manipulate gravity, they wouldn't easily be able to use it. It was like how Aishia and Yue didn't have any aptitude for the creation magic Sora and Hajime used.

Miledi: Well, that bunny girl over there can at least use it well enough to make herself heavier. And you two... you've got your creation magic, so think of something. At least Pinky and Blondie over here is fit to use it. Train hard until you master it, okay?

Hajime shrugged his shoulders, Sora was unfazed that he isn't inept, Aishia and Yue nodded seriously, and Shea looked stricken. She'd finally gotten her hands on god-level magic only to be told the most she'd be able to do with it was make herself heavier. The shock must have been pretty great. Obviously, she had no intention of making herself heavier, but even learning how to make herself lighter wouldn't be of much help. Becoming lighter could mess up her body proportions just as badly. Either way, it was of no use to her... Shea sunk to the ground, clearly depressed. Hajime ignored her and continued mercilessly making more demands.

Hajime: Hey, Miledi. Hand over the proof that we conquered this dungeon. Oh, and give us all the useful artifacts you have hidden here and all the high- quality spirit stone you've got stored up.

Sora: You do realize that you sound like a mugger right now, right?

It felt to Hajime that the eyes behind the now warped smiley face mask were glaring at him angrily, but he ignored them. Mini Miledi ruffled through her pockets before pulling out a ring and throwing it to Hajime. He caught it in midair. Reisen's crest was two ellipses connected by a single stake piercing through both of them.

She then brought out a large quantity of ore from seemingly nowhere, then rifled through it, picking out the same ore the dungeon was made from. She must have had a Treasure Trove of her own.

Sora(mind): Considering how easily she agreed, maybe she planned on giving all this to us anyway.

For whatever reason, Miledi seemed convinced that Sora would indeed end up fighting the gods, so it made sense for her to offer all this assistance. Though, leave it to Hajime to not be satisfied with all that. He started packing the ore into his own Treasure Trove while he looked coldly at Miledi.

Hajime: That's a Treasure Trove, isn't it? Hand it over. You've got some good artifacts in there too, right?

Miledi: N-Now look here, that's everything I have to give you. I need the Treasure Trove and all the other artifacts I have left to repair and maintain this labyrinth.

Hajime: Like I care. Hand it over.

Miledi: Hey, I said no!

Miledi hurriedly stepped back, away from Hajime's grabbing hands. Besides, these things wouldn't be of any use to them anyway. She explained as much to Hajime, but it seemed to be of no use.

Hajime: Hmm, I see... Alright, hand it over.

At this point, he really was acting like a villain.

Miledi: I told you already, I can't! Now go home!

Miledi fled from Hajime's groping clutches and jumped up onto the block that had led them here. She manipulated it so that she was floating somewhere near the ceiling.

Hajime: Don't run. I just want everything you own as part of my reward for clearing your dungeon. I'd say that's a fair thing to ask.

Miledi: There's something wrong with you if you think that counts as fair! Ugh, can't believe I ended up saying the same line O-chan always used to give me...

Hajime: Just so you know, it's O-chan who taught us this is fair.

Miledi: O-chaaaaaaan!

Hajime eventually managed to corner Miledi with the help of Aishia, Yue and Shea, who still held a grudge toward her for all the teasing she'd done and wanted payback. She called out for Sora to protect her, but all he did was just wave his hand, telling her that he wants no part in this drama. She knew half of this was her own fault, but the part that really stung was that half of it was the fault of the guy who'd made the other labyrinth.

Miledi: Haaah, to think the first people to conquer my dungeon would be this crazy... Whatever, I give up. I'm sending you five out of here! You better not come back!

Just before Hajime could leap at her, a rope suddenly appeared from the ceiling, which Miledi promptly pulled.

Sora: Huh?

Sora looked up in confusion, but then he heard that same terrible noise he'd grown to hate.

*Clunk!*

Sora: Wha—!?

She'd activated another trap. A second later, water started rushing into the room from all four walls. Because of the angle it came out at, the room they were in was soon a raging whirlpool of water. At the same time, the magic circle in the center of the room sunk, creating a neat little hole in the floor. The whirlpool started draining into it.

Sora: Hey! You little! Even when I haven't done anything to you!

Sora stiffened as he realized the humiliation they were about to be subjected to. A circular white room, a hole in its center, and water whirlpooling its way down said hole... Miledi had led them to a massive toilet.

Miledi: How about we let this water wash away our animosity too?

Mini Miledi's mask winked at them. Annoyed, Yue quickly tried to cast her usual flight spell. Mana in this room didn't get dispersed, possibly because the magic circle was in this room, which was why Yue could easily have lifted them all up despite her depleted mana reserves.

Yue: Up—

Miledi: Nope~

Before she could finish, however, Miledi stuck out her hand and Hajime and the others felt an enormous weight press down on them. It felt like there was an invisible object trying to crush them. Miledi had increased the weight of the air pressing down on them.

Miledi: Bye bye~ Good luck with the other labyrinths! Especially you, Dragon King!

Sora: Ugh... Damn you! We're not shit to be flushed down! I swear I'll come back and destroy you! And tell me who is this Dragon King!!

Hajime: Fuck you! I'll remember this!

Yue: Urgh... I'll never forgive you.

Aishia: When I get my hands on you.

Shea: You're dead, you hear me!? Dead! Fugwaah!

With those parting remarks, Hajime and the others were sucked down the massive toilet bowl. Just before he vanished from sight, Hajime chucked something at Miledi in a last desperate act of revenge. Once Hajime and the others had disappeared, the water drained away as fast as it came, leaving the room looking the same as it had before.

Miledi: Haah, what a bunch. Still, to think they'd be a Synergist like O-chan... Fufu, it almost feels like fate. Keep struggling for the sake of your dream... and Dragon King, I hope you'll be able to change your fate... Now then, looks like I'll be busy fixing the golems for quite some time...

(Timeskip)

The 5 of them who had been flushed out of the room was currently being carried down a long tunnel by a powerful current. There was no breaks for them to take a breath, so they just got swept along. It took all of their concentration just to stay conscious and avoid crashing into the walls.

Sora: AAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Hajime: DOWAAAAAAAA!!!

Yue: WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Aishia: Gyaaaaaaa~

Shea:......

Five people were spat out of the fountain... four of which screamed as they flew out. They flew a good ten feet through the air before crashing spectacularly to the ground on the opposite shore.

Sora: Ack... Ugh... God, that was terrible. I'm gonna crush that little bitch into pieces, mark my words. Hajime, Aishia, Yue, Shea, you alright?

Hajime: Ack, urgh...

Aishia: Yeah...

Yue: Somehow.

Sora spat out a string of curses while making sure his friends were fine. However, only Hajime, Aishia and Yue responded to him.

Sora: Shea? Hey, Shea! Where are you?

Hajime: Shea... where'd you go?

There was no response. Sora quickly jumped back into the water and started looking for her. As he'd expected, Shea was laying at the bottom of the spring. She'd lost consciousness and didn't float because of Drucken's weight. Sora pulled a really dense ore out of his Time Space Cache, making him quickly sink to the bottom. Once he'd grabbed Shea, he kicked off the ground and leaped back out.

He dragged her with him to the shore. Then, he laid her on her back and took a closer look at her. She was pale-faced, her eyes had rolled back into her head, and her heart wasn't beating. She must have seen something quite terrifying as her expression was still frozen in one of disgust.

Sora: Aishia, Yue, you've got to give her CPR!

Aishia: CPwhat?

Sora: Gah, I mean you need to clear her airway of water and...

Yue: Huh?

He tried to get Aishia or Yue to give Shea CPR, but they just looked at Sora blankly.

Sora(mind): Does the concept of CPR not exist in this world?

She wasn't exactly injured, and feeding her more liquid when she was already drowning seemed like a bad idea, so the Ambrosia probably wouldn't be of any help. Yue wasn't very well versed in healing magic, so he doubted she could cast something specific enough to make Shea spit out all the water and get her heart pumping again.

He didn't know when it was she'd lost consciousness, but at this point time was of the essence. Sora steeled his resolve and started performing CPR. Naturally, that meant he would have to do mouth-to-mouth as well... Aishia watched on unhappily. But she realized Sora was doing this because it would somehow save Shea, so she kept quiet. Instead she just stared.

Sora tried to ignore that cold stare as best he could while he worked to get Shea's heart pumping again.

Sora: Unbelievable. I'd just started to think you might not be that worthless after all, but then you go and nearly kill yourself after we've already won... You really are just a worthless rabbit.

Sora grimaced, and after a few rounds of CPR, Shea finally started coughing up water. He turned her head to the side so she wouldn't choke on it again. From an outside perspective it looked like he was kissing her passionately.

Shea: Hic, ack... Sora?

Sora: Yep, that's me. Unbelievable, I can't believe you almost got yourself killed— Mmf!?

Despite his harsh words, Sora looked thoroughly relieved. Suddenly, Shea interrupted him by throwing her arms around him and giving him a deep kiss. It was so unexpected that Sora didn't have any time to move out of the way.

Sora: Mmmf!? Mmmmm!!!

Shea: Mmmpch... Mmm... Sora... You can take me anytime!

Shea wrapped her arms and legs around Sora, locking him in place while she mercilessly ravaged his mouth with her tongue. Her inhuman strength and the leverage her position gave her made it impossible for Sora to break away. Somehow, Shea had been aware of all the "kisses" Sora had given her while he was performing CPR. Perhaps it was a special condition brought on by the fact that Shea had activated her body strengthening right before she'd lost consciousness.

Regardless, Sora's repeated kisses had flung her into full overdrive mode. She kept Sora firmly pinned in place while she returned his kisses a hundredfold. Off to the side Aishia looked... very unhappy, to say the least. Still, she did nothing to stop them.

Aishia: As a reward, just this once...

In a small voice, she muttered. It appeared she was willing to forgive this transgression. Though it was obvious from her expression and the dangerous look in her eyes that she was quite conflicted. Tonight, she was going to make sure Sora spent the whole night with her... She wouldn't let him rest for even a second.

Sora: You litlle... Take another drip you goddamn rabbit in heat!!

Sora finally got so fed up that he lifted himself to his feet, taking Shea with him. He then grabbed Shea's plump butt, giving it a firm squeeze. And threw her back towards the fountain.

Hajime: Didn't think she'd go for tongue right after she got revived.

(Timeskip)

The 5 of them went back to Brooke and return to the Masaka Inn. Sona Masaka the young maid who got mesmerized by the recent event recognized them right away.

Sona: You're the people from before?! Whatever happened to you?!

She was clearly shocked since all 5 of them were drenched.

Sora: Just like the last time, 2 rooms. One a two person and the other a three person. And a bath please.

Sona Masaka who heard this started blushing once again.

Sona: Oh my! Are you gonna do a threesome again?!

Sora: 💢

Sona: I'm so sorry!

Sora's glare was enough to silent her as the 5 of them went to their rooms. Together with their newfound comrade, Sora and his party had cleared their second labyrinth. Sora let the feeling of victory settle in as he laid down on his bed. Warmed by the sun, he smiled faintly as he thought of all the travels that still yet awaited them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 4.3K 96
Sora Yatagami was a young boy who lost everything. His parents were framed by a mistake they never commit. After that none of his friends and other f...
18.9K 318 12
Izuku is a transfer student who came to school late he refused to stay at the dorms he adopted eri she stays with him they are in there 3rd year izuk...
61.5K 805 22
Izuku had the easiest life until one day it went south and he never trust his classmates again after they ruined their second chance with him
143K 4.3K 42
Mana Mayoi is a transfer student from America, her goal is to defeat the Generation of Miracles, and later become their acquintance, what she not pre...