Royal

By OT7sandwich

It's time for Jimin to marry and he refuses to settle for any of the alphas his parents pick out, so they com... More

Status
Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
Ch. 37

Ch. 21

146 12 0
By OT7sandwich

"I have scheduled a dance lesson for us", Jimin tells Hoseok, "I noticed how much you enjoyed the activity so I figured we can learn some duo routines."

Hoseok smiles, excited that he gets to dance with Jimin again. Ever since the lessons were postponed and Jimin has been having exclusive one-on-one days with the other alphas, he felt he hasn't been able to spend enough time with the omega. How is he supposed to get close to Jimin if the omega is always preoccupied? He missed the time they spent together before Jimin's relatives showed up.

"Do we need to change for that", Hoseok asks and Jimin nods his head.

"Yes, the outfits have been placed in the dance room. By the time we change into them, the instructor should have arrived to teach us." When they get to the room Hoseok immediately opens the door for Jimin, letting the omega go in first.

Jimin goes to the clothes placed on two separate hooks, both are sports attire with different color palettes. Jimin knows the purple and black one is for him and the dark green and black is for Hoseok.

"We'll take turns changing over there." Jimin points to the all-black room divider that has sprinkles of gold along the border of it. Hoseok swallows when he sees it because that means Jimin will be getting undressed on the other side of it. Yet, he's also a little confused about why they aren't going back to their rooms to change.

"It'll save us time", Jimin tells Hoseok as he heads to the divider. He saw the confusion cross the alpha's face and he knew if he was in Hoseok's place, he would be questioning this situation too.

Jimin is cautious about changing in the same room as the alpha that held him and technically exchanged pheromones with, but he also trusts Hoseok to not do anything that would have him facing dire consequences.

Hoseok turns his back when Jimin goes behind the divider and even closes his eyes. Jimin doesn't know he's doing this and even if he stayed looking towards the divider, he wasn't able to see anything. This is purely out of respect.

Jimin doesn't take too long to get changed since he had put on a simple outfit this morning, rather than his usual wear that has a bunch of layers to it.

"I'm done", Jimin tells Hoseok as he comes from behind the divider and hangs up his clothes. Hoseok turns around to see Jimin is wearing deep dark purple shorts that stop just above his knee with a matching pair of leggings right underneath, and both are paired off with a basic black short sleeve shirt.

"You should change, the instructor will be here soon", Jimin tells Hoseok who has been staring at him for the past few seconds. Hoseok blinks and nods his head, before disappearing behind the divider. He finds it interesting to see Jimin in attire that makes him feel more like the common folk.

Jimin straightens out his outfit in the wide mirror on the wall, while Hoseok changes. He wished he could wear comfortable clothes like these more often but as the royal policy goes, you must always look your best for unexpected guests.

There's a knock on the door before it opens. One of Jimin's servants holds the door open as Jimin's dance instructor comes into the room. He thanks the beta before turning his attention to Jimin, who smiles.

"It's been a while", the instructor tells Jimin as he goes over to greet the omega. Hoseok has just finished changing and quickly places his clothes on the hook next to Jimin's, before greeting the instructor as well.

"I was just about to ask about your whereabouts", the instructor says as he goes to place his music box on one of the chairs in the corner of the room.

"The prince has ordered couples' dancing", the instructor speaks, and Jimin blushes and opens his mouth to correct the man, but is interrupted, "I was surprised, but I don't want to waste any time. Let's get started with our stretches. We haven't been apart long enough for you to forget those, I hope."

Jimin shakes his head as he begins the routine of stretches he would do every time he had dance and workout lessons. Hoseok falls in step with him. He hasn't forgotten either, in fact, he does a small routine of stretches before he heads to breakfast each morning.

"He meant duo", Jimin whispers over to Hoseok as they do their leg stretches with the instructor monitoring their movements. He wants to make sure the two are doing their stretches right so they won't risk injury later on.

Hoseok nods his head, letting Jimin know that he heard him but he keeps stealing glances at the omega's rosy cheeks from hearing the word "couple". It makes him curious as to how much Jimin knows about relationships and if words like "couple" are enough to get him flustered.

After their 10 minutes of stretching, the instructor gets right into their first dance routine.

"My Prince, if it is alright with you may I borrow one of your servants to help instruct you", the instructor asks and Jimin nods his head. The dance instructor smiles at the Prince before grabbing the nearest servants he can find in the hallway and dragging them back into the room. Of course, the beta struggled against the instructor's hold, but once he saw Jimin he stopped putting up a fight.

"Do you know how to dance", the instructor asks the servant beta, who nods uncertainly.

"As long as you know the basics", the instructor says as he goes to turn on the music, "Just follow my lead."

"You two, watch", the dance instructor tells Jimin and Hoseok as he pulls the beta servant into his arms and guides them through the song. As the instructor is dancing, he makes sure to give tips about the dance.

"Make sure you keep your partner close. The one who leads places their hands here and the one that is guided places their hands here", the instructor tells the attentive duo as he waltzes with the slightly inexperienced beta.

When the song ends the instructor allows the flustered beta to leave and turns his full attention to Jimin and Hoseok, who were clapping in awe when the dance ended.

"Pair up", the instructor says loudly and the two turn to each other but don't get any closer. Hoseok feels his stomach fill with butterflies as the omega stares at him. He is not sure if the omega is nervous or waiting for him to make the first move, but he doesn't have time to dwell on that as the instructor pushes them together and manually places their hands in the right spot.

Hoseok is the lead and Jimin will be guided, though neither is displeased with their placement. They are more cautious about how close they are. Almost touching chest to chest. They manage to look from each other to the dance instructor, who has restarted the song they'll be dancing to.

"We shall begin!"

__________________________________________________________________________________

Jimin and Hoseok pick up the dance routine pretty easily, both going into professional mode as they move about and Jimin is getting twirled and dipped. They have no problem with the steps, but every time Hoseok is supposed to pull Jimin back to him he hesitates. This causes both of them to go offbeat.

Hoseok doesn't want to make Jimin any more uncomfortable than he already seems. The omega keeps avoiding his eye contact, which he is supposed to maintain but his eyes always move to look anywhere else but at the alpha.

"No, No, No", the instructor says loudly, a little frustrated with the duo as he goes to shut off the music once again. He sighs as he makes his way back to the duo who instantly separated from each other once the music came to a halt.

"You two move very well individually and I believe you can move just as well together. You", the instructor looks over at Hoseok who straightens his slightly slouched posture.

"You must take control. When you move the Prince out, make sure you bring him back in with those strong arms. You mustn't hesitate because it throws you and your partner off. You need to work together."

Hoseok nods and the instructor turns to Jimin, who checks his own posture as well.

"Prince, you must look your partner in the eyes. Make them see you trust them. Avoidance is making your partner hesitate in his movements." Jimin nods his head and glances over at Hoseok.

"I shall give you a ten-minute break, but when I return you must be better than what you already showed me", the instructor walks out and two servants appear. One with towels to wipe the sweat off of Jimin and Hoseok's neck and face, while the other has prepared fresh cold water for the two.

"Is there anything I can do to make you more comfortable", Hoseok asks Jimin as the servants take their leave. He sits on the floor and takes a few sips of the water that cools him down from the 25 minutes of practice they just went through.

"It's not you", Jimin tells Hoseok as he sets his water down and takes a seat on the floor across from the alpha.

"Have you ever danced with a partner before", Hoseok asks Jimin. He would understand if Jimin is having a slightly tough time adjusting to this type of dancing, but he is curious as to why he set this activity up for them if it's making him uncomfortable. They could have easily done dance routines that didn't require being so close to one another.

"I have", Jimin answers and spreads out his little towel behind him before laying his head down on it. Hoseok copies him and lays parallel to Jimin.

"Then why is maintaining eye contact so hard", Hoseok asks and his eyes move from Jimin to the ceiling as he moves from his side to laying on his back.

Jimin is quiet as he looks from Hoseok to the ceiling and he softly exhales through his nose as he musters up the will to admit something.

"It's not that it's hard", Jimin says and he closes his eyes, "It's because it's you. You saw me at my lowest and now-"

Jimin opens his eyes. He said they shouldn't bring up last night and he feels tired and want to cry all over again, but he sits up and takes a deep breath before any of that can physically reveal itself.

"Now I'm feeling a little embarrassed about how I acted. I know you said it was okay and I know I shouldn't feel ashamed about it, but I do. It's not royal behavior."

Hoseok set up before Jimin did and moved to sit in front of Jimin and takes his hand. Jimin had closed his eyes again as he speaks, struggling to admit all this. Struggling to admit his true emotions when he could easily bury everything under the rug and just falsely admits he's fine. He's always just fine.

"It is royal behavior", Hoseok says and Jimin looks at him, this time his eyes meet with Hoseok's as the alpha speaks.

"It's normal to feel a bit embarrassed after being so vulnerable. There are going to be other times under different circumstances where you feel like this", Hoseok tells Jimin and Jimin quietly says something along the lines of not liking this feeling.

"It's a fleeting emotion but at least you don't have to face it alone. I'm here for you", Hoseok says and he smiles comfortingly at Jimin and pulls him into a hug. Jimin is tense at first but as he hugs Hoseok back he becomes more at ease and relaxes in the alpha's strong arms.

"You didn't hesitate", Jimin says out loud as he pulls away from Hoseok.

Hoseok looks at Jimin with slightly wide eyes and he smiles at Jimin warmly as he realizes something himself.

"And you didn't break eye contact", Hoseok says. In the short amount of time the two boys were given as a break, they solved their problems when it came to their dance routine, and in a shorter amount of time, they move away from each other as their instructor reenters the room.

The instructor claps his hands loudly after making it through the door, gaining the boys' attention and startling them a bit. Jimin and Hoseok instinctively get up, place their towel and water out of the way, then pair up with each other before the instructor could tell them to do so.

"I hope the break gave you enough time to resolve your issues. Let's start from the top", The instructor says loudly as he makes his way to the music box. He rewinds the music before playing it.

Hoseok smiles reassuringly at Jimin and Jimin gives him a small thankful smile back as they adjust their hand placement on each other just as the music starts. They move more in sync this time.

2 hours of dancing and four 10-minute breaks have Jimin and Hoseok laying side by side in opposite positions as they catch their breaths. Sweat trickles off of both of the boys' faces as they stare up at the ceiling while listening to the dance instructor collect his things and praise the duo for their skills.

"I've had the pleasure of teaching, you boys. I do hope we continue dance lessons again one day", the instructor says and Jimin manages to stand up and gives his thank you to the instructor.

Two servants come in and start lightly cleaning the sweat off of the boys' faces and necks with fresh rags while supplying them with cold beverages. Hoseok sits up so the staff member can tend to him more easily and he watches Jimin close his eyes and tilt his head to the side to allow the beta more access to his neck. The sight makes him jealous and wanting and he lets some of his pheromones slip. Jimin's eyes open and he glances at Hoseok who looks away quickly but doesn't say anything as the betas finish up their job and head out.

"We should get washed up for lunch", Jimin tells Hoseok as he grabs his clothes from the wall. He grabs Hoseok's things as well and hands them to the alpha as he gets onto his feet.

"Thank you." Hoseok grabs his belongings from Jimin and smiles at him.

"You dance really well", Jimin tells Hoseok as they start their journey to their rooms.

"Did you have prior teaching?"

Hoseok debates whether he should answer yes or no, but decides to shake his head no.

"I use to watch street performers dance and copied off them, but I didn't have anyone teach me", Hoseok says and Jimin nods, impressed at what he's hearing.

"You're self-taught", Jimin states, and Hoseok nods, even though he wasn't being asked.

"You should teach me some of your dances or show them off during the field day", Jimin suggests and Hoseok nods his head enthusiastically. He already has a routine in mind. It's a short routine but it gets across the gist of the dances he specializes in.

"Earlier you said you danced with a partner before but have you ever had a previous romantic interest", Hoseok asks out of the blue. He didn't want the conversation to go dry and Jimin is an open book. If you ask, he'll most likely tell you.

"I've had people show interest in me, but it never felt right to reciprocate their feelings", Jimin says. He find people interesting in the past but he always ended up seeing their true colors and it turned him off from them.

"To add on to my answer, I've never been involved with anyone romantically. You 6 would be the only ones", Jimin says and Hoseok stumbles a bit, making Jimin worry.

Hoseok looks at Jimin with wide eyes. He knows this is a courtship. He knows he trying to woo Jimin and that he likes the omega a lot. So romantic emotions are at play here, yet hearing Jimin admits he does hold romantic feelings for him, and the others, makes his face feel warm.

"Hoseok, are you okay", Jimin asks as he peers at the other, who has been standing still in the hall after he regained his balance.

"Yeah- Yes, I'm alright. Just lost my footing for a bit", Hoseok says, his mouth wanting to turn up into a wide happy grin but he forces himself to remain in a neutral expression. Jimin just blinks at him but the alpha resumes walking and Jimin goes to keep up with him.

"Have you had any past romantic interests", Jimin asks next before the silence could get too comfortable between them.

"Yes, I have", Hoseok answers and Jimin looks at him with a mixture of emotions, curiosity being the main one present.

"It lasted a couple months. Although, it never got too serious", Hoseok tells Jimin and he looks at the omega who has many thoughts running through his mind.

"What do you mean it never got serious? Does that imply you didn't do anything intimate or that it was just a brief relationship?"

"Both", Hoseok answers, "We were only together because our friends and family wanted us to be, but once in the relationship it never felt right to do anything past holding hands. After we graduated high school we decided it is best to just be friends."

"It was a pressured relationship", Jimin asks, and Hoseok nods. Yes, Hoseok did like his ex but not in a romantic way. The relationship was merely a way to shut those who wanted them to be together up. Hoseok is just really glad that after they graduated they stopped faking feelings for one another for their friends and family. If they continued he would have never met Jimin.

"That sounds tiring and a little like an arranged marriage", Jimin says and Hoseok laughs a little while nodding his head.

"It's very similar to one." Jimin smiles at Hoseok, liking the sound of his laughter.

They make it to Hoseok's room.

"Head straight to the dining area for lunch after you wash up", Jimin tells Hoseok who nods. He watches the omega walk off, still keeping up a good posture with his clothes folded over his arms as he walks. He waits till the omega disappears around the corner to his room before going into his living quarters to wash up.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Jimin and Hoseok arrive at the dining area together since the omega had spotted the alpha on his way to the same place in the hall. Plus, Hoseok heard his footsteps and immediately fell in step with the omega with his usual warm smile. Hoseok opens the door for Jimin instead of the servant beta standing by it, and Jimin gives him a thankful smile as he walks into the room full of quiet staring eyes.

"I would like to formally apologize for my absence this morning", Jimin tells the group after he makes his way to his chair.

"Did you and Hoseok have breakfast together", Taehyung asks and he's nudged by SeokJin for his question.

Jimin's brows furrowed briefly as he takes his seat, "No, I had breakfast served to my room."

Jimin looks at Hoseok who takes his seat close to Jimin and he mentally asks the alpha why he wasn't present for breakfast, but remembers last night. Of course, the alpha was probably drained a little from yesterday so he probably slept as late as he could this morning.

"I didn't know Hoseok was absent for breakfast", Jimin says, his eyes moving back over to Taehyung's.

"I should be present for every meal starting tomorrow, which is also our grand field day together", Jimin says to the group, reminding them of his and NamJoon's big idea to spend a whole day together playing outside.

"All the preparation has been met and I was told tomorrow should be clear skies", Jimin smiles as food is done being placed and the alphas start using the utensils provided to scoop or place food on their plates.

"The clothes we'll be wearing during the mini-event have all been prepared and should be in your rooms by dinner time. You do not have to wear them to breakfast", Jimin lets the group know and Jungkook and Hoseok nod their heads.

Jimin looks over at each alpha as food is placed on his plate by a servant and he gets a mixture of excitement and blank expressions on their faces.

"I would like to remind you all that your parents will be arriving 2 days from now in the morning and will be escorted out after lunchtime", Jimin says, once again eyeing the group for their reactions and he gets more nervousness than excitement this time.

To show the end of his announcements Jimin takes a few sips of his beverage and some small bites of the mini sandwiches placed on his decorated plate.

Yoongi had almost forgotten about all that because of the event that took place yesterday but based on the still atmosphere he knows he is not the only one feeling some dread about his parents showing up. He'll get an ear full about what he can do to make Jimin his, an earful about what will happen if he fails, and then an ear full about anything else his mom can think to talk about. He's not ready for that. He needs some time to prepare himself and he'll go straight to his favorite place in this castle. The library. The others don't bother him there and it's the quietest place in the castle.

"I will be greeting your parents when they arrive and talk amongst them a bit, but I will not stay too long. This is time for you and your parents to reunite."

"Will you be able to excuse yourself so easily", NamJoon asks and Jimin looks at him a little confused, "My parents would like to meet you."

"So would mine", Jungkook chimes in, and SeokJin and Yoongi nod their heads, agreeing that their parents too would like to meet Jimin. Not just meet, but get to know him and have an excuse to use the title "son-in-law" on the prince.

"I don't want to encroach on your time together", Jimin says, "I'll just have to make an excuse."

Jimin does want to meet the group's parents, to see the origin of where they come from. He believes knowing the parents and things the parents are more open to sharing than the alphas themselves would deepen his understanding of them and further their bond.

"They wouldn't mind", NamJoon says. After all, only one will remain out of this courtship and they'll be able to do a lot of catching up if they aren't chosen.

"Wouldn't your parents be more interested in their child", Jimin asks curiously. He gets he's the Prince and it's a rumor he lives an extraordinary life, so he figures that's what their parents will want to talk about. Yet the only thing Jimin finds extraordinary about himself is his proper etiquette.

"They are, but as royalty, they would like to know about you", NamJoon admits.

"They might even try to persuade you about us", SeokJin jokes and he laughs a little from his comment. Jungkook does as well. He can only imagine his mother listing off his best traits while talking to Jimin, trying her best to get her "sweet boy" on the top of Jimin's list.

"So all parents do that", Jimin asks Jin, his face showing slight shock as he goes to take a sip of his water to wash down the two sandwiches he just ate.

"It's a shared experience", Hoseok says, thinking back on his one relationship. He remembers his parents basically bragging to his ex's parents about how good of a son he is, and his ex's parents doing the same about how good of a child they have. It was a little weird hearing his parents praise him so much since they usually have the parental humor to joke about how he doesn't do what he's told or is being too lazy to his relatives.

"My parents used to tell people they felt were my type about how good I help them maintain the farm", Taehyung speaks, smiling back on the day he overheard them hyping him up to a local village girl who came with her grandpa to purchase fresh fruit from their farm. He was so embarrassed he put one of the empty apple baskets on his head and ran all the way back to the house, of course, he leaves that little tidbit out.

"My mother came to my school dance and talked to all the girls that were waiting on the other side to be asked to dance about me", Yoongi says, shaking his head a little. He is still a little embarrassed about that moment.

The boys go back and forward about their parents trying to advertise them to other people till it gets to Jimin who has been enjoying what he's hearing and trying his best not to laugh out loud.

"At most of the parties we host, my parents always make an announcement about how I'm still single and list some of my best traits to the crowd", Jimin tells the group, "I had alphas come up to me afterward and I turned them all down."

"How come", Jungkook asks.

"I don't want a partner that only cares about what I'm able to do, I want someone who likes me for me", Jimin says, looking at each alpha individually as he speaks.

"I'm more than what I can provide or be viewed as."

"I agree with that", NamJoon says and he holds his glass up and beckons the others to do the same.

"Let's cheer on that statement", NamJoon says and Jimin goes along with it, finding this to be amusing. They all raise their glasses high before pointing them out carefully while saying a group "cheers" together, then taking a sip in unison.

Although, Jimin can barely drink as he starts to laugh and small amounts of his sweet pheromones seep out. All eyes are on him, some more in shock that the Prince can actually laugh, others in a bit of a daze from his scent, and the rest smiling or laughing along with him till the omega recomposes himself.

To not break the light-hearted atmosphere that has been created, NamJoon continues with the conversation.

"I have a feeling my mother is going to bring a collection of photos to show you all."

When lunch ends, Jimin is still smiling as he leads Hoseok to their second activity. He decided to reuse the room he and Jin used for lunch since he feels bad it's not used so often.

When they get inside there is a cart that has multiple smaller open containers on it. Hoseok immediately goes to peer inside the container, not able to sustain his curiosity as Jimin tells him about their next activity.

"I thought it would be fun to create jewelry", Jimin tells Hoseok.

"Fake jewelry", Hoseok asks as he filters his hands through some beads and pulls out the letters SEOK.

"Yes, creating real jewelry is very tedious and a little dangerous. This is the next best option for us", Jimin stands next to Hoseok as he looks through the containers, finding the one filled with different sized strings. He brings it to the table they are sitting at.

"It also gives us time to talk", Jimin adds. He did the same with Taehyung when they were playing games, and now he is doing it with Hoseok. They didn't get to have much of a conversation when they were dancing, so this is the perfect time to do just that.

Hoseok brings over the container full of colored beads and the one with the letters on it and places them on the table where it isn't in the way and isn't close to the edge.

"Who are we making bracelets for", Hoseok asks as Jimin looks through the strings, trying each one out on his wrist to see what looks better.

"We are making bracelets for ourselves and/or for the other alphas", Jimin answers as he decides on the one he wants.

"So, if I make you one will you wear it", Hoseok asks curiously as he grabs a random string from the container to start decorating. But he pauses to scoot the cart of containers over, so they don't have to get out of their seats to get something from the other boxes that are too big to fit on the table they are using.

"Yes, I would wear it", Jimin answers and he glances at Hoseok, who has started to concentrate on his craft. He smiles at the sight before getting serious himself.

"Hoseok, what are your parents like", Jimin asks after a few seconds of silence go by. If Hoseok isn't going to say anything he might as well do it, plus he's been curious about the guys' parents since lunch.

Hoseok's heads move up before his eyes do. He looks at Jimin who sneaks a glance at him in between beading the string he chose for his first bracelet.

"They are nice people", Hoseok says, not really sure how to describe his parents to Jimin.

"What makes them nice people", Jimin asks, trying to draw more of an answer out of Hoseok.

"My mom use to make muffins for all my teachers on special holidays or teacher appreciation days", Hoseok brings up, thinking about all the nice things his mother has done that make her a nice person in his eyes.

"My dad always helps out his neighbors since they are much older. He helps keep their plants healthy and walks their dog when their son isn't around to do it", Hoseok continues and Jimin remains quiet as he listens. Without even meeting Hoseok's parents, he can see where he gets his warm energy from.

Hoseok goes on a bit of tangent as he practically lists off the nice things his parents have done. It is not till he finishes the first bracelet that he stops talking from the fear he's been talking for too long.

"Your parents sound like saints", Jimin says as he tries to tie his finished bracelet around his wrist.

Hoseok wordlessly takes the bracelet from Jimin and gently fits the bracelet around the omega's wrist. His eyes look at the omega who's staring back at him.

"Is it too tight", Hoseok asks and Jimin shakes his head. Hoseok looks back down at what he's doing as he makes sure he's tying the bracelet properly, he wouldn't want it to fall off.

"Thank you", Jimin says softly as he lifts his arm and looks at the bracelet in the lighting. His bracelet is decorated with two white letter beads that have the letters JM on it with a pattern of the castle's royal colors making up the rest of the bracelet.

"Do you have any siblings", Jimin asks after admiring his work. Hoseok blinks back to reality from his staring at Jimin to answer. This time he goes on a small tangent about his older sister and her not-so-nice antics, though a smile adorns his face every now and then to show his fondness for her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.7K 2K 13
jimin was rejected by his mate 6 years ago. He left the pack and no one has seen him since. what if he is back after 6 years with his son. "P-please...
1.8K 206 16
A tale of how Omega Jimin drove Alpha Taehyung mad before finally accepting the younger's plea for a courtship.
166K 6K 17
Bangtan has 4 alphas and 3 omegas which means at least one alpha has to mate someone outside the group. When yoongi gets a proposal he decides to tak...
27.7K 1.7K 45
*Sequel to That One Popular Kid* After a few years of being apart, Yoongi finally gets to go to Seoul in hopes of finding Jimin, who left him hanging...