The 5th Magi

By PriscillaEP

Coming from a poor family, Jasmine at the age of 6 was abandoned by her family at Alma Thoran. Barely hanging... More

The 5th Magi
The Responsibility of a Magi
The War and the New World
New World and New Friends
Connections
Real Mission
Kou Empire
At the Palace
Judar
Aladdin
Magnoshuttat
Titus Alexius
Wizards Battle

Enrollment & New Faces

285 9 1
By PriscillaEP

Jasmine and Aladdin reach their sleeping quarters and find Alibaba and Morg already inside, getting ready for bed. 

The room is dim as Jasmine and Aladdin walk in. The room in the center is an oak table surrounded by bundles of blankets, sheets, and pillows. 

" Hey Aladdin, Jasmine; how was yall guys' day?" said Alibaba as he turned on an oil lamp and sat down, hugging a pillow. 

"Oh, it was amazing! Jasmine and I, get this, are going to Magnoshuttat together!" Aladdin says as he puts an arm around my waist and hugs Jasmine. 

" wait, you're leaving?" says Morgiana as she lies on the floor next to Alibaba. 

" Well...that's just it. I or I should say we as Magis need to see this matter in Magnoshuttat about dark magical tools. That and getting my magic to higher levels than I have now!" Aladdin says as he makes his way next to Alibaba. 

Jasmine leaves her staff against a wall and lies between Aladdin and Morgiana. 

" I've been talking with Morg, and it seems that she also wants to go on an adventure on her own to the dark continent." Jasmine gets under the covers, stomach up, and rests on her elbows looking at them. 

Alibaba straightens up quickly from his spot. 

" Hey, what's wrong, Alibaba?" says Aladdin. 

" Why? Why, after we finally are all together, now you all want to separate?" says Alibaba with an exasperated look. He clenches his fists and looks down. 

Aladdin and Morg look at each other and then look at Jasmine. 

I guess I need to soothe Alibaba if Morg and Aladdin are looking at me like that. 

" Alibaba, I thought you could also probably use this time to go to the Leam empire. They have gladiator fights there and could probably teach you magoi manipulation. Shar told me that you're having trouble forming full-body Djinn equipment." Jasmine starts to braid her hair to go to bed. 

"That sounds like a great idea Alibaba!" Aladdin says with a smile on his face. 

Alibaba ponders momentarily, plops back down on his spot, and lies down. 

"AHH," he lets out a big sigh with his hands in fists in the air, " I give...that sounds actually like a good idea; Sinbad said something about me having two different types of magoi and that I should've asked you about it, Jasmine. I guess he knew who I needed to ask." 

" Haha, really? I guess that's good for him. It shows that he should see that I'm a magi full of knowledge and show me the respect I deserve." Jasmine goes under the covers. 

Alibaba puts out the fire from the oil lamp, and everyone goes to bed. 

I hope everything goes well for everyone. Aladdin receives solomons wisdom hopefully very soon with my help, and Morgiana is going to the dark continent, which will have to contact Yunan. Still, he might know already that she's going there. Alibaba going to Leam and Shaherazade, hopefully being nice to him. And hopefully, we all meet together again. 

Morning came, and at the docks, everyone gathered around to say their goodbyes. 

" Goodbye, everyone! Jasmine and I are going to Magnoshuttat now!" Aladdin said. All geared up with his staff gets on the boat, Jasmine still running behind. 

I can't believe I had to pack light?! Why didn't I get the memo? We were going undercover. I've only been there once before Magnoshuttat was even a civilization of wizards. And running? I need to work out more dang.

Jasmine catches up, wearing her usual attire. Sinbad bought A new Syndria outfit for her and left it outside her room with a note reading: " Saw this from a shipment of supplies brought in recently and kept it aside to gift to you. I think it suits you. I'll be hoping to see you soon after you return. - Sinbad" 

Who knew Sin had taste in clothing, although it's a little too revealing, figures. It's a nice two-piece outfit; the top, leaving my whole torso bare, is embroidered with different jewels going around the top with pieces of fabric draping over my shoulder. The pants are your usual puffed-out pants with a trim of tule around draping to one side. All are accented with gold finishes; I love the color blue, which is just my taste. 

 " Sorry, everyone!" Jasmine gasps for air, drapes a shawl over her head, and wraps it around her right shoulder. "It took a little longer to get ready." 

Everyone looks to where Jasmine is, " Uhm, is something wrong? Do I have something on my face?" Jasmine wipes over her face. At the same time, Sinbad pushes himself out of the crowd and goes up to Jasmine. 

Before he gets to Jasmine, Hinahoho shoves him out of the way along with Sharrkan. 

*whistles* " Well, lookie here, Hinahoho, it seems Jasmine is looking even finer than usual today." Shar says as he puts a hand on Jasmine's shoulder and pulls her closer into a side hug. 

"Well, ill say Shar, you're right; I think you look splendid, Jasmine" Hinahoho look over to Shar with mischievous grins on their faces. 

Shar and Hinahoho both coddle Jasmine, with her being sandwiched in the middle. Shar puts a hand at her chin and pulls her gaze to meet his. " That color suits you-" Shar says in a small whisper. 

Sinbad finally gets to the trio and looks irritated. 

" Oh, Sin! There you are. I guess Jas is finally leaving for who knows how long this time, you know~" Shar says with a mischievous grin pulling Jasmine in closer to his side. 

Shar kisses Jamsines's cheek and bows in front of her. " I hope your voyage goes well, Jasmine, and hey, we can get a few drinks to celebrate your return." he winks at her as he goes to where Alibaba is to bid him goodbye. He passes Sinbad to his left with a grin on his face. 

Hinahoho looks over to Sinbad. He is so jealous, and maybe this will make him act more seriously and not the dubious man he always is; Jasmine doesn't deserve that.

Hinahoho bids Jasmine farewell and joins Ja'far and the others. 

What is going on... I've never seen Sin so serious and irritated. 

Sinbad looks Jasmine up and down and sighs. " I wanted to be the first to say how beautiful you looked... but those bastards beat me to it." He scratches the back of his head. 

"Oh, t-thank you, Sinbad, although I feel like these clothes don't suit me... I've never worn anything this fancy before... but I thought id relish you with me putting it on for today." Jasmine says with a bashful look on her face. 

"Don't say things like that; you deserve this and more...you're very dear to Jasmine." Sinbad gets closer, grabbing her hand and kissing the top of her hand. 

"I'll be patiently waiting until you return." 

Sinbad leaves Jasmine and joins the rest. 

I've never seen him so...proper, and I thought he would've remarked, "Oh, you wore it just for me?" but... this is new. Wildly enough, when Shar kissed my cheek, I thought he'd say something also...guess not, and I guess I'm overthinking it. 

Jasmine and Aladdin are on the boat that will take them close to where Magnoshuttat is, but it is still a ways off, almost four days on foot. Everyone waves them goodbye, along with Mor and Alibaba in the same boat but will depart on another boat to get where they need to go. 

After a few days, Mor and Alibaba head their separate ways, and Aladdin and Jasmine walk toward Magnoshuttat. 

" Well, looks like we'll be two magis in a school for magic users, huh, I hope everything goes well and no one finds out about us," says Aladdin with a happy yet worried expression. 

"Don't worry, Aladdin; I'm pretty sure we'll be fine." Jasmine smiles back. 

" So, Jasmine, how old are you exactly? What's your story?" Aladdin asks. 

" Woah woah slow down, haha I guess I haven't told you much about me, huh," Jasmine looks over to Aladdin shaking his head in disagreement. 

" Well, I can tell you for sure I am "18" body-wise, but I'm probably around 300+ wisdom and spiritually wise, and I come from the same place you come from, Aladdin, not from this world," Jasmine says, while Aladdin looks at her with a surprised expression. 

" Wait, that's why you felt familiar when you came to me and used Solomon's wisdom.." Aladin trails off. 

" Oh well, yes we were both at the sacred palace for long periods. We felt each other's rukh when we were there but never personally met." Jasmine says. 

As Aladdin and Jasmine chat, a carriage comes by, and Aladdin yells. 

"Wait!" The carriage stops near the river's edge, and Aladdin and Jasmine run up to it. The conductor steps out and leads the horses at the front towards the river of water for a drink. 

" Could you please give us a ride, mister? We're heading to Magnoshuttat, but it's so very far away on foot!" Aladdin says. 

Wait, this carriage... it's from the Kou Empire? Why would a Kou carriage be out here for?  I look over to Aladdin and whisper in his ear. 

" hey Aladdin I don't think that would be such a good idea-" 

"Who is that?" A voice coming from inside the carriage. 

"Apologies, your majesty, it's some pedestrians; heed them no mind, your highness...Now get on with you two." 

The carriage door opens to show a boy with long, magenta, red-toned hair. He looks over to Aladdin and then to Jasmine; his gaze stays on her for a while. 

"She can board him, no." 

" Wait, why not me?" says Aladdin, interrupted by Jasmine. 

He's the prince of the Kou empire...I hadn't met him in person when I was in Kou...

"you see, your Highness, he's my little...brother, hehe, so I can't just leave him behind." I nudge Aladdin. 

"Oh-Ohh yes, I am her brother, sir." smooth real smooth Aladdin. 

"Well, alright, we're also heading to Magnoshuttat, so climb aboard." The prince climbs back aboard, followed by Jasmine and Aladdin. There was so much space in the carriage that there was a dividend of a white, almost see-through but not quite tool right down the middle of the carriage. 

The prince opened the tool to the side to show a small throne he sat on and three other maidens sitting on the ground around him. 

"Little boy, you sit behind this curtain, but..." he glances over in Jasmine's direction, " your sister is more than welcome to ride on this side with me. A lady needs better commodities.". 

"hey, that's not fair, mister, your already sitting with pretty ladies!" Aladdin crosses his arms, looks over to Jasmine, and wraps his arms around her. " I get to sit with at least another pretty lady, and she's way prettier than those ladies, not even worth three." 

I'm taken aback by the sudden outburst of Aladdin and giggle. 

"Well very well then, how about we just trade places." the prince crosses his arms and looks at Aladdin. 

"No way." he sticks out his tongue. 

The prince laughs loudly and wipes a tear from his eye. 

"Oh my, haha, I've never met someone as brave and callous as you. What's your name?" 

" Aladdin. And you, mister?"

"I'm Prince Ren Kouha. make yourselves comfortable we will get to Magnoshuttat in about two days." He looks over to Jasmine and walks up to her. 

"And you?" 

" Oh, I'm Jasmine, your majesty." 

" Jasmine? Wait... I feel like I've heard of that name before..." he puts a hand under his chin, thinking. 

"I've gone to the palace; I'm very good friends with Judar." 

"OH! Yes! Judar has talked about you...and I can see why." He smirks, heads to the entrance of the other end of the carriage, and pulls the curtain down. " Very nice to meet you two." 

The rest of the carriage ride for the next two days until Magnoshuttat was pretty uneventful, talking to Kouha about the Kou empire and my time there, and why he was heading to Magnoshuttat. 

On the last day, the carriage stops a little behind the main entrance to Magnoshuttat and drops Aladdin and Jasmine off. 

" Woah! Magnoshuttat is a big country! Let's go to do the test Yamraiha was talking about! Hurry, we're gonna be late!" Aladdin says as he clasps my hand, and I run with him. 

We both make our way to the academy entrance, see a line, and get in line with the other people waiting. We see a person with a clipboard on the main entrance and people performing a borg to get in. 

As it was our turn, we both performed well enough, and they let us in. As soon as we walked in, magic tools were used everywhere in the town square. Waterfalls cascaded in both upward and downward directions, people riding on brooms and carpets as modes of transportation and people bustling around. 

We made our way to the academy entrance and were brought up to a high island floating several feet above the town by bubbles. 

The academy was bustling with students from all over the continent. 

" Look, Aladdin; it says that new students need to go this way to room 207 to take the magic sorting test into what level of the wizard you get to be." I pull in Aladdin's sleeve. 

"Oh, your right.. let's go then!" Aladdin and I head to room 207, where many students perform magic. 

The levels of wizard go from level 1 to level 7. the magic produced places you in between those levels. 

"Next, please!" an old wizard says on a podium with a clipboard. 

"Woah, I guess that's me; wish me luck, Jasmine!" Aladdin says as he steps up and produces flame magic. A little spurt of fire comes out. 

"Hmph. Level 7 for you, squirt." the old guy tosses a medal with the number 7 to Aladdin. 

"Aw, man!" Aladdin goes off to the side and puts on his medal. 

"Next!" 

I go up next. 

Okay, the red stone that Yamraiha placed on our forearms must be limiting our magic usage by like a lot...I know Aladdin can produce flames bigger than those but I guess that just for precaution so people won't know we're magis. 

I perform wind magic, and a good amount of wind whirls around, producing a medium tornado. 

" hmm, level 5 for you, sweetie." The old magician hands me the medal, and I put it around my neck. That took a lot out of me. 

"Woah! you made it to level 5 on the first try Jasmine!" Aladdin says as we make our way out of the examination room. 

" You did well, Aladdin! Considering you have, you know what on your arm..." I point to his forearm. 

"Oh yeah haha, thanks." 

We received a scroll with our classes, and each gave us a room key and our roommates' names. 

"Well, Ill see you tomorrow bright and early for breakfast, Aladdin! And lets both do our best!" I say to him with a determined expression. 

"Yeah!" Aladdin smiles warmly. 

We both head our separate ways and rest up; Magnoshuttat doesn't seem like the place Yamraiha described, and it looks like such a nice place to live and study magic in. But who knows what dark secrets this place is hiding? Who knows, we might have gone in over our heads trying to uncover Magnoshuttat's dark secrets...if there are any. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 250 15
You're a traveling musician, just looking for the finer things in life while doing enjoying the ride and doing something you love: creating music. Of...
2.7K 53 10
Samantha never thought that in one fateful night her life would change drastically, in a way that is exotic and, at same time, very pleasant. Sinbadx...
95.7K 2.4K 25
(Y/n) was exiled from her country. For what reason you might be asking? Well a gang of thugs that called themselves 'The Jaded Dagger' kidnaped her a...
2.6K 391 42
A little blue haired boy who had no name just escaped from the orphanage in which he was raised for 7 long years. As he travelled around, he discover...