His Dove

By WYLD_ROSE

Book 5 of the Jackson Series! Marcella is struggling to break free from all she has ever known. Brought up in... More

AN: IMPORTANT!
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31

20

3.2K 160 9
By WYLD_ROSE

Chapter Twenty - Soothe

Marcella Quintana's P.O.V.

"Hey." I croak out and try to smile but wince when the cut on my lip aches in protest.

Everyone's jaws drop and they stare at me with wide horrified eyes. Judah heaves in a shuddering breath as he steps closer before dropping to his knees before me. His eyes fill with tears as they roam over my battered body.

His mouth opens and closes a few times before he's finally able to get a word out. "What –"

"I'm okay. It's not as bad as it looks...honest." I rush to reassure him but sigh when his eyes light up in fury.

"Not as bad – he fucking beat you within an inch of your life Macy!" He roars as Parker races through the door with a medical kit. "You're covered in blood and dirt, there's bruises and cuts all over you! What happened?!"

I'm ready to explain but Cole cuts me off by walking over to check my hair in confusion. "Where's the hair clip?"

"Guys...hold on a second. These look like they were treated but some cuts have opened again and are bleeding. I need to do a check-up." Parker murmurs to himself as he tilts my face gently before meeting my tired gaze. "Anything serious I should know about?"

"I was shot on the back of my left thigh but Rodrigo cleaned it up. There's some knife wounds that have been stitched up too but I'm feeling a lot of pain still." I explain quietly but Parker narrows his eyes at me in suspicion.

"What else Marcella?" Griffin asks softly but I can still see the fury in his eyes.

"I was whipped and my back is really sore. I think it started to bleed again when I landed but I haven't had the chance to check." I whisper as tears brim my eyes over the stinging pain.

"Can you try and lean forward Mar?" Reece asks gently and helps to push me forward before she inhales sharply. "Oh my god! Parker!"

Everyone crowds around behind me and I bite my lip when they swear simultaneously. I had felt blood drip down my back when I was in the car but I kept going in and out of sleep to take care of it. Plus, it feels like my ribs are bruised too so just moving my body in any way hurts like a bitch.

I watch Parker rush to pull out supplies and dressings while instructing Judah to carefully cut my sweatshirt. A pained whimper escapes me when he tries to pull the material away from my skin but it's stuck to the dressings that Rodrigo had applied which are now soaked with blood.

"Someone get me a rag and lukewarm water quick!" Parker instructs and Reece hurries away to grab it.

Griffin hands me painkillers and a glass of water before taking a seat on the coffee table. "What happened Marcella? Why was the hair clip's audio off?"

I explain everything and tell them how I left it off under the impression that my father was only calling me in for another briefing. Harsh breaths, distressed cries and tears escape me as Cameron and Judah work on removing the material stuck to my back. I recall everything that happened over the past few hours only to watch Griffin's expression become even more appalled. Before he can say anything though he gets a call.

"Cameron?" He breathes in surprise and my head whips up. "Yes, she's here. She's safe."

"Is he okay?!"

"He's fine and doesn't want you to worry. Your dad doesn't suspect him." Griffin repeats what my brother tells him before standing and walking off. "Yes, I have time."

"Bloody hell! What the fuck has he done to you?!" Judah breathes in shock once they take off the dressings.

"H-How bad is it?"

"Heavy bruising with a few lacerations that have started to bleed again." Parker murmurs from behind me. "These seem to have been cleaned in a rush –"

"We didn't have much time so Rodrigo and Cameron cleaned me up as quick as they could in the basement." I explain as I hold the front part of my sweatshirt to prevent it from dropping.

"I need to get you in the bath and we'll clean everything up properly. I can still see some dirt in there." He walks around to me just as Judah kneels by my side again. "Can you walk? I don't want to hurt your back if we carry you."

"I can carry her." Judah bends down and hoists me up onto his waist eagerly yet gently. "Good Macy?"

"Good." I murmur back sleepily as I wrap my legs and arms around him.

"Get her clothes off Judah and put her down in the tub. Don't fill it up with water. You can leave the underwear on." Parker instructs as we make our way into the nearest bathroom. "Cole! Can you get me a bucket of warm water? Are your ribs bruised Marcella? Any part of your torso?"

"My left ribs are yes and my abdomen too." I nod with my back turned to him as Judah removes the sweatshirt completely.

"Reece! Get the bed ready for Mar please. I don't want her sleeping on her left side." Parker orders as he walks out to get his medical supplies.

Judah helps me take off my sweatpants next only to clench his jaw at the damage underneath. He meets my gaze and for a moment we just stare at each other. I'm sure my eyes are probably red and teary whereas his are burning with a dark rage. They roam over every inch of my body and I didn't think it was possible but he only becomes angrier and heartbroken. I notice tears gathering and one traitorous one falls which he swipes away quickly before looking at me again.

I smile weakly before whispering. "Hi."

That makes his lips quirk into a fleeting smile before he kisses the corner of my cheek. "Hi my strong angel."

"Don't make me cry." I lightly swat his chest as more tears fall over the pain returning once he picks me up again before lowering us into the tub.

"You're okay, I've got you Mace." He coos soothingly as he pulls my hair into a bun.

"It really hurts!" I mutter through gritted teeth as I squeeze my eyes shut.

"I know darlin but you're so strong. Just a little bit more and I'll get you in bed right after okay?" He murmurs before kissing the outer shell of my ear which makes me shiver. "We can't have these becoming infected."

Right on cue my stomach growls loudly and I feel my cheeks heat while Judah chuckles. "Can I get something to eat before bed?"

"Whatever you want dove." He chuckles as Parker walks in with his kit.

Cole is right behind him with a bucket of water and some cloth. He sets it down by the tub before whispering, "good luck," which makes me smile gratefully. Griffin enters next with a bath board and McDonald's which I assume they got before coming to the safehouse. He sets it up for me with a stern yet worried look while Parker shows Judah how to clean my back before bending down to look at my knife wounds.

"I want that finished Marcella." Griffin orders and I thank him before digging in eagerly.

"Is Cameron okay?"

"He's fine and wanted to check in to see if you reached safely. We'll be getting another call from him in a while to discuss the next steps." He explains and I nod in understanding before he leaves.

I eat silently as both Judah and Parker work on cleaning me up. Parker mutters things to himself throughout this and I listen attentively, wincing over the number of injuries I've racked up. There's a few times where they stop to let me breathe through the pain before continuing.

Jude whispers apologies with soft kisses to my skin every time I whimper or cry out. "I know love...I'm so sorry. Almost done."

I've dealt with much worse before but I wouldn't dare tell Judah that. He's already angry as it is and swearing like a sailor with venom lacing his tone. But then he comes back down to earth with sweetness in his voice. His whispers of encouragement and praise make me smile in appreciation as he applies the dressing to my back.

"Are we good?" Reece asks as she steps in with my pajamas that I assume she took out of my bag.

"Yeah, all good. We'll keep these wrapped and I'll check on them regularly." Parker stands before fixating me with a stern look. "There's a lot of damage so I need you on complete bed rest Marcella. Don't overexert yourself and I'm sure Judah will help me keep you in check."

"I sure will." Judah grunts as he picks me up from the tub.

"I'll put some painkillers and your other medicine on the bedside table. Get some rest please." Parker murmurs before he kisses the top of my head.

"Thank you Parker." I reply before he walks out.

"Here, get changed." Reece smiles comfortingly as she hands Judah the clothes before taking the plate. "Sleep well Mar."

"Bye Reece and thank you!" I mumble sleepily before turning to Judah once the door closes. "Jude?"

"What do you need dove? Does something hurt? Do you need more painkillers? I can –"

"No!" I chuckle but hiss when the cut on my lip screams in protest.

"What do you need then?"

"Can you be mad tomorrow?" I yawn as he takes my underwear off before I step into the bottoms. "I want cuddles and I don't want to hear more curse words while you hold me."

"Whatever you want Macy." He smiles sadly as he cups my face in his hands gently.

"Don't be sad." I whisper with a frown.

"When I said come back to me I meant in one piece baby. Look at you! God I'm such an idiot for letting you go back in the first place!" He murmurs brokenly as he presses the softest kisses to my bruised cheekbone. "I'm so sorry this happened Mace. I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you."

"It's not your fault Judah and it's not your job to protect –"

"Yes it fucking is!" He interrupts me with a hard glare. "You are mine Macy. Mine to love and mine to protect. Don't ever fucking think otherwise. Is that understood?"

"Understood." I nod eagerly to calm him down.

"Good girl." He huffs as he unclips my bra before putting the tank top over my head. "This shit ends now. I am never going to let anyone hurt you again and that's a fucking promise I intend to keep."

I push up on my tip toes to press a lingering kiss to his cheek. "I love you Judah."

He blinks down at me before I watch him melt and his azure eyes soften with adoration. "I love you too my little dove. There aren't enough words to describe how much."

I smile at him as he softly pecks my lips and pout when he doesn't go further than that. He narrows his eyes at me before patting my hip twice to signal me to move. I limp my way out of the bathroom slowly with Judah hot on my heels. He frowns down at the bed lined with pillows to support my back before looking at me.

"You're facing that way and I'll be behind you so you don't end up sleeping on your back." He instructs and I nod while rummaging around in my bag. I see him walk around to me from the corner of my eye. "What are you looking for love?"

"Your souvenir." I whisper with a smile as I hand him a fridge magnet of Salto Angel. "I love visiting this waterfall and went while I was back in Venezuela. There's no road access so you go by boat and I always camp overnight. It's like a piece of heaven to me."

"Yeah?" He asks as he rubs his thumb across the print. "I love it. Thank you Mace."

"I also got you..." I rummage in my backpack before pulling out the material and placing them against his chest. "More lingerie of mine as requested."

"Fuck! I think I've died and gone to heaven a happy man!" He groans lustfully as he picks up the lacy pieces.

That makes me giggle and he smiles cheekily before putting them back in the bag. He sets it down before helping me into bed and whispering words of comfort when I voice my distress. I sigh contently once I'm comfortable and expect him to get into bed next but am surprised when he doesn't. Instead, he kneels beside me and stares at me like I'll break any second.

"My brave, strong Macy." His whispers as he caresses my cheek with the lightest touch.

"I-I was so scared. I didn't think I'd ever see you again. I thought I was going to die." I confess but instantly regret it when his eyes flood with guilt.

"I'd follow you right out of this wicked place."

"Judah! Don't say such things!" I snap angrily only for him to narrow his eyes at me.

"What do you expect me to do?!"

"Um...move on and live duh!" I shake my head at him and if he wasn't holding both my hands I would've face palmed myself.

"So, you would be okay if I moved on with another woman?" He asks with disgust marring his features. I watch his eyes widen when I nod. "Fuck that! You're the only woman I've ever fallen in love with. I would never give my heart to someone else!"

"Judah, you're being –"

"Honest and completely right."

I open my mouth to protest but he hushes me loudly. My eyes narrow as this happens a few more times before I huff and mutter, "Asshole!"

"Stubborn bitch!"

"Brainless dickhead!" I stick my tongue out at him childishly.

He gasps with a hand to his heart. "I'm not brainless Macy! You don't become the CEO of one of the most successful tech companies in the world by being brainless!"

"Aw is my little baby hurt?" I tease with a playful roll of my eyes.

"As a matter of fact, yes! I believe a dozen kisses will suffice to make it up to me." He sulks and the pout on his lips makes me burst into a fit of giggles.

He chuckles deeply as he stares at me before his eyes flicker with sadness. I frown in confusion as they roam over my face before he pushes forward to press a lingering kiss to my forehead. He strokes my hair as he pulls away and I reach out to him but before I can touch his face he catches my hand and kisses the inside of my wrist tenderly. The action makes my heart race wildly, a feeling I've grown to adore when caused by Judah.

"This happened to you because of me and I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you Macy. In fact, I don't think that would even be long enough." He croaks hoarsely as tears brim his eyes.

"No Judah." I frown in disagreement. "I knew he was going to find out about us eventually. I just didn't expect it to be so soon."

"Sometimes I wonder why we had to fall for each other. If you weren't with me you wouldn't get hurt." He breathes shakily and I feel my heart ache as tears stream down his cheeks. "I don't deserve you but I'm so fucking selfish and it caused you to get hurt. I'm so sorry Mace."

"Well, if it weren't for my dad you wouldn't be in danger. Judah..." I trail off helplessly as I wipe away his tears. "Don't cry please. You're breaking my heart."

"And mine shattered to pieces the second I saw you today. You deserve the world Macy...anything but this." He squeezes my hand tighter and kisses it repeatedly.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me Jude. I deserve you. I only want you and I truly feel alive when I'm with you. Life feels good by your side and I wouldn't trade this for anything." I whisper as I run my fingers through his silky dark hair.

"So...I mean more to you than your brother huh?"

"Judah!" I whine and he laughs loudly before kissing my pouting lips. "Must you ruin everything?"

"I adore you."

"I adore you too." I sigh happily before my smile falters. "Jude? I'm scared for Cameron. I don't want him to get hurt."

"We'll make sure that he won't dove. I promise."

"W-What if he –"

"Nothing will happen to him my love so don't worry. I'll make sure he's by your side in the end." He murmurs with determination.

"Alright." I nod at him before a yawn escapes me.

"Let's go to bed yeah?" He quickly turns off the light leaving only the warm glow of the lamps before getting in behind me.

"Okay dove?" His warm breath fans across my neck as he rests his hand on my hip while the other arm slips underneath my head.

"Okay." I nod as my eyelids flutter shut before I feel him press a kiss to my temple.

"Wake me up whenever you need me yeah?"

"I promise." I mumble as I intertwine my hand with his. "Love you."

"I love you so much more." He whispers as I slip away into dreamland. "You're safe now baby. Safe with me. Always."

How I wish I could run away with him to a place where nobody could find us. I believe in my heart that someday soon that day will come where we don't have to look over our shoulders anymore. Where my brother and friends are safe from harm and happy. But until then I'll settle with the feeling of safety my lover provides with his protective embrace.

"Sweet dreams my love."

"I'm sure they will be now that I'm with you." I mumble through my barely aware state.

His rich yet husky laughter wraps around me like a warm hug and I find myself smiling. His laugh is one of my favorite sounds. I hold onto his hand tightly as he peppers feather-light kisses to my cheek and shoulder. And that's how I finally give in to sleep, with the feeling of his affection nudging me into dreamland.

Update schedule is: once a week whenever I find time!

Vote if you are enjoying this story!

Chapter 21 is already up on Inkitt! Click the link in my bio or announcement post to read my book faster!

1. Download the app

2. Follow my profile

3. Put my book in your reading list!

- R.W. ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 31.8K 31
"Zachary." I snickered. He growled playfully as I laughed, dodging his attempt to grab me and took off running in a random direction. I ran with Zac...
47K 2.1K 102
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED] What happens when you fall in love with your enemy? Well you do know what happens, your family abandons you and all...
298K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
1M 27.4K 79
[A SWEET MAFIA ROMANCE] Nicole thought that her life would be easy now after she left behind all the memories of an awful night, which led to an unex...