(Sonic Boom) Shadow x Reader...

By Austere_Anxiety

You were supposed to be dead. He'd held you in his arms as you drew your last breath, and yet, there you were... More

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch.3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6 (WARNING)
Ch. 7
Ch.9 (NSFW)
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15

Ch. 8

3.4K 84 68
By Austere_Anxiety

👀
I'm not saying what'll happen next chapter.
I think you can tell for yourselves.
Spicy, spicy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were sat in Amy's house, quietly reading a book about how to talk again, your confidence having gone through the roof ever since he was declared dead.

You still felt a bit bad, but according to Shadow, he deserved what came to him, so you tried to push it out of your mind.

It was actually pretty easy.

He could never hurt you again.

And you were overjoyed at that fact.

"Y/N?" Amy asked, urging you to glance up.

She seemed excited about something, yet hesitant.

You tilted your head to the side, as if asking what was going on.

"Well you see, there's a fuzzy puppy convention going on soon! I'd love to go, but will you be alright?" She mused, though you quickly closed your book and held her hands, as if urging her to go.

With stars almost sparkling in your eyes, she seemed to catch the hint.

"Alright, alright. I'll go." She'd done so much for you already.

Assuring her everything would be fine while she was gone was the least you could do!

You'd gotten pretty good at taking care of the house.

Cooking, cleaning, making sure everything was in the right spot... the works.

"It starts in a week, and will last three days. I'll be gone during that time. But I promise to keep in contact!" You nodded eagerly, happy for her, before tightly embracing her.

You wanted her to have fun!

"Oh, and before you ask... yes, Shadow can stay over. I implore you to ask him." Your cheeks went a slight tinge of red, and you tried to wave it off, though Amy had already seen it.

"You really love him, huh?" To this, you shyly nodded, your blush still very much present.

"He's still kind of a grump, but I do hope he can become part of our team." If you all were friends... that'd be nice.

You continued to go to therapy, Shadow escorting you there each time, your mood always high once you came out of the building.

He adored seeing you like this.

Sure, he wanted to be the reason you were smiling, but you smiling in general made him happy as well.

Amy was out buying a few supplies before her trip, as she was worried about you and wanted you to have everything you would possibly need, though also to buy some things for herself for her trip.

Shadow had decided to stay over for the day, the black hedgehog currently sat on your bed with you as you read, though you seemed... jittery.

It worried him.

Was something bothering you?

He figured you'd tell him, but after a few minutes of you not even acknowledging it, he asked.

"Y/N. Is something bothering you?" He was prepared to kill again.

Of course, only if things were truly serious. He wouldn't just kill to kill.

You were silent, fumbling with the pages of your book, and he debated getting your board, before he heard it.

It was quiet, meek, but there.

"Sh-... Shadow..." It took him a minute to process it.

Your voice.

He stared at you with wide eyes, unable to believe what he'd just heard.

A few seconds of silence, before he moved, kneeling before you.

He kissed your hands ever so gently, and smiled to you, urging you to do the same.

You'd worked hard in order to be able to speak again. Getting over tall hurdles, though you had lots of support, so you knew you'd get there one day.

And now, you were there.

Well, your voice was still quiet, but you'd spoken! That was huge in it of itself.

"I've missed your voice..." He spoke softly, his heart melting at the mere sound of you.

You held him close, stroking his quills, a soft smile on your lips.

You had wanted him to be the first to hear. That was your biggest wish.

And you'd just gotten it granted.

Amy returned home later.

She'd bought three bags of groceries and other supplies, and you wondered how she'd carried it home.

Then remembered she wielded a giant hammer, your question answered.

You seemed excited about something as you helped her unpack, biting your lip, and smiling more than usual, something Amy was quick to pick up on.

She initially figured it was something to do with Shadow, which wasn't far from the truth, but she soon had her answer.

Once done with the unpacking, you lightly tugged on her dress.

"What is it, Y/N?" She asked, watching as you opened your mouth.

"Amy." She was quicker to respond than Shadow'd been, quickly wrapping her arms around you, giving you a tight hug.

"You can talk!!" She cheered, almost seeming more excited than you were. But you were happy she shared your joy.

You couldn't quite make the longest sentences, but your efforts were celebrated nonetheless.

Two days before she left, Amy threw a party.

Naturally, only your shared friends were invited, including Shadow.

He didn't seem too keen on partying, but went nonetheless, if it meant he'd get to see you smile.

There were snacks, drinks, games and, of course, silly party hats.

You got the red one, which you happily wore, and the others tried forcing a hat on Shadow, but ultimately failed as he dodging them, and if they did manage to put it on, he just instantly took it off.

"Fools." You laughed at this, finding it rather funny. He was a grump, but you never minded that.

You were eager to take part in the various games that were being played, such as board games and video games (which you frankly sucked at, but hey, you tried), both of which you thoroughly enjoyed.

You even won a game of monopoly!

Overall, a successful evening, even if Shadow was being his usual killjoy self.

You went to bed tired, yet happy, a beaming smile on your lips as you nuzzled against Shadow's chest, always finding yourself feeling safe with him.

"Thank you..." You quietly said, quickly beginning to drift off.

"What are you thanking me for?" He asked, a protective arm around you.

"Just... being there. For me." You replied, yawning and snuggling with him.

He was silent, until he believed you were sleeping, before whispering to you, though you were so close to falling asleep, you barely registered it.

"I did it because I love you." Unbeknownst to him, Amy had heard it, and was quietly fangirling in her bed.

"Well, it's about time I left." Amy said, with a rolling suitcase by her side.

She needed to go to another village for the convention, leaving you to take charge of the house.

Tails would be flying her there, given it was the fastest method of travel, and would pick her back up, once it was time to return home.

"Take care, okay Y/N?" She said, hands on your shoulders.

You nodded and sent her a smile, assuring her everything would be alright.

"Will do. You too." With that, Amy was off, and you waved to her as the plane took off, watching as it gradually became smaller and smaller.

You felt a hand on your shoulder, causing you to turn.

"As planned, I'm staying with you." He said, and you nodded before tightly hugging you.

Shadow couldn't help but laugh slightly.

You'd basically burst out of your shell since he got rid of that pest.

And he'd do it all again, for your sake.

You spent the day with Shadow, the two of you unable to let go of each other.

You took long trips down the beach, and occasionally you wanted to stop to look at seashells, though you quickly found yourself back with Shadow.

Talking about everything and nothing, your time spent with him was more than enjoyable, though as the sun began to set, you found yourself wanting to go home.

You disliked being outside during the dark, and you were starting to get a bit tired in the legs, taking more convenient breaks to look at shells you saw.

Some you'd even come across before.

Shadow was quick to pick up on this, especially noting how you sat down for longer periods of time, and he acted on it.

Taking you into his arms, he carried you home.

"You don't have to-..." You wanted to protest, but you were cut off.

"I do. It's my responsibility to make sure you're safe and happy. Even if it means carrying you over the entirety of this island, I'll do it." You went silent, your cheeks scarlet red.

W-well, if he put it that way...

You ran your fingers through his chest fluff, always having been fascinated by it, and was quiet for the rest of the trip home.

When you arrived back, it was largely dark.

How long had you been out?

You didn't bring any sort of clock with you, so you'd no way of telling.

You turned on the TV, surprised to see it wasn't as late as you'd expected.

9:49 PM.

Still kind of late to be out, but you were safe with Shadow, so you'd nothing to worry about.

You got yourself ready for bed, before seating yourself on the couch, Shadow beside you.

At first, you just cuddled a bit, with you still focused on the TV.

A documentary about butterflies.

It was kind of fascinating, actually.

Then, you moved into his lap.

Still, your eyes remained on the TV.

Even as Shadow began to let his hand... wander a bit, you kept your eyes glued to the TV.

It was when he gingerly ran his fingers over your thigh that you shivered, finally giving him the response he'd wanted.

He kept going, softly kissing your cheek as he did, as well as gently stroking your lap, handling you like you were thin, fragile glass.

You said nothing, your face red as a strawberry, and your eyes were finally forced off the TV, when he cupped your chin, moving your head to look at him.

He was silent and simply kissed you, one arm around you, the other's hand still feeling you up.

This lasted for a minute or so, when Shadow broke the kiss, with you a blushing, panting mess.

"It's time for you to sleep." As if you could sleep now!

You quietly grumbled as he carried you off to bed, tucked you in, and joined you shortly after turning the TV off.

This was going to be a long night, huh...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.9K 751 21
Teeny bit of smut and fluff but just something I wanted to do other than x readers :3 besides i ship it a bit :)) Also yes,I made the cover (I draw...
2.2K 71 8
They/them perspective! The time fast approaches as the attack on Eggman will begin soon. Are you ready though? And is Tails ready to face the consequ...
16.9K 732 10
You're the daughter of a demon. He's always been a good father to you, though has always sheltered you from the world, leaving you curious about what...
4.4K 153 26
This is a Sonadow AU where Shadow is an alien from a different universe. He finds Mobius and tries to become the most powerful... but without anyone...