Love Behind Bars (COMPLETE)

Від Gnomegirl95

Poppy is a therapist working at a jailhouse and she never gives into the inmates but that all changes when sh... Більше

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 15

508 14 23
Від Gnomegirl95

Branch and Poppy work on the case a bit, Poppy deals with her cloud 9 feelings and learns more about Branch and his grandma while getting ready for the upcoming case.

Poppy wrote down all she could get and the name of all the trolls Branch had been in contact with which was a short list.

''Ok so I will go over this and will see what I can dig up.'' Poppy said.

''You're the best Poppy but you need to live your life as well.'' He placed his hand on her.

''I know but you come first.'' She said as she went to sit next to him.

''What about the whole not falling in love with a client?'' He asked.

''Well, when your out you won't be my client and you won't be a criminal so that doesn't break my rule.'' She said.

He smiled and hugged her and they were talking. 

There was a knock at the door, Poppy sat back in he seat. ''Come in.''

The door opened and in came Tresillo. ''Time for some sun outside.''

Branch stood up and held out his hands as he got cuffed and looked back at her.

''Take care Branch.'' She said.

Poppy was leaving for the day and saw the inmates outside in the yard and saw Branch lifting weights. She blushes looking at him, boy how she wanted to see his strong body. She shook her head as she left.

Her look got the inmates attention and Sunset saw her stare at Branch and knew something was up. He wanted her and he was gonna have her, he wanted to beat up Branch but knew that he had to play this smart.

Poppy had just walked in the door when she saw someone talking to Val.

''DAD!'' She ran over.

He turned and caught her in a hug. ''Poppy darling! How is my little girl?''

''Not so little dad, what are you doing here?'' She asked.

''I heard about what happened and well came to check on you.'' He said.

''Does everyone know about that?'' Poppy asked embarrassed.

''Well, Creek came to visit the other day and told me so I knew I had to get down here.'' He said.

Poppy was mad at Creek. ''But I also wanted to see you.'' He said.

''Sounds great dad.'' She smiled happy to see him.

''Lets go out.'' Peppy said as they left.

They got in Peppy's car and took off. ''So how's work going?'' He asked.

''It's fine, you know helping everyone get better.'' She said.

''Hmm so what happened to the guy who tried to hurt you?'' He asked worried.

They pulled to a restaurant and they sat in a booth and got there orders.

''The guy Sunset he was placed in an isolation room.'' She said.

''I'm so happy the guards were close by.'' He said taking her hand.

''Me too but it wasn't the guards who stopped him-- it was a troll who was next to come in, they brought him in as Sunset attacked me and he jumped in and pulled Sunset away and stood in front of me.'' She said feeling her cheeks heat up.

''Really? Who is he?'' Asked Peppy.

''His name is Branch Timber.'' She said.

Peppy froze. ''You mean the troll that supposedly killed his grandma?'' Asked Peppy.

''Yeah him, wait supposedly? Did you know about the case?'' She asked surprised.

''Of course who didn't. It was all over the news and too quick if you ask me.'' Peppy said.

''I agree I find something big is missing and I don't believe he did it.'' She said.

''I know he didn't.'' Peppy said.

''How?'' Asked Poppy.

''I knew Rosiepuff, sometime ago she and her husband were close friends with me and your mother and me and Rosiepuff were close friends and overtime we talked to each other. A couple months before her death may she rest in peace. Me and her ran into each other and had lunch together and she spoke very highly of her grandson Branch.'' Peppy said.

Flashback...

Peppy was out shopping and he was about to checkout when his cart bumped into someone and saw it was her.

''Rosiepuff!'' He shouted excitedly.

''My, my Peppy!'' She shouted.

They hugged each other and then held hands looking over each other.

''You look great for your age.'' She complimented.

''Why thank you and you look just as beautiful as the first time I saw you.'' He flirted kissing her hand.

''You big flirt, but thank you.'' She laughed as they hugged again.

''Say want to get lunch and catch up?'' Peppy asked.

''Sure.'' She smiled.

They paid for their groceries and went out for lunch catching up.

''So how are things going for you Peppy?'' She asked.

''Great! A bit lonely with Poppy in college but I see her on the weekends and holidays.'' He said.

''Oh that's right, do you still carry pictures?'' She asked.

He pulled out a picture of Poppy and she smiled. ''Oh she a beautiful young lady.'' Rosiepuff fawned.

''Yes, she is takes after her mom. But how are things for you?'' He asked looking at her.

''They are ok, I found out I'm sick so I have that nothing serious.'' She assured Peppy.

''Do you need any help?''

''No I got my wonderful grandson Branch for that, that boy I swear he looks just like his daddy and grandpa everyday.'' She smiled.

''I bet and do you have a picture of him?'' Peppy asked.

Rosiepuff pulled out a picture of a handsome smiling blue troll. ''Well well, he's not the cute little boy anymore huh a handsome lad.'' Peppy praised.

''Yep my little peachfuzz he's the best I do feel bad like I'm holding him back but he didn't want to go to college he stayed here and is taking care of me.'' She smiled at the picture.

''I bet our kids would get along great.'' Peppy said.

''Are you kidding I bet if they met they'd fall in love.'' She joked smiling.

''Maybe we'll have to have a get together and let them meet.'' They said together laughing.

Flashback over...

''Not a day goes by I don't miss her. I was actually at his trial for her and the look on his face, he looked so hurt and crying the whole time, I'm old Poppy but not stupid and I know he couldn't of done that and you said so yourself.'' He said.

Poppy felt bad but it made her more determined to free Branch but she felt herself falling harder for him.

''Woah you knew her.'' Poppy was surprised.

''Yes.'' He said.

''Dad I'm trying to free Branch I know he's innocent and I need proof all I know is that Creek is hiding something.'' She said.

''I will help you if I can. I want him free.'' Peppy said.

''If you do see him don't say anything to anyone, I feel his cellmate might do something if he found out.'' She begged.

''I won't.'' He smiled as they continued eating.

That evening she got a call from Laguna who was gonna be defending her.

Here we go next up, Poppy gets somewhere with the case, tentions rise in the jailhouse and Poppy and Branch share a moment. Heads up I got a new job so if I update this it will be evenings and weekends so thanks for your patience.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

13K 350 22
I had to admit, he was cute. His eyes sparkled nervously and his lips were a lovely shade of natural red. He had his arms crossed over his chest, a g...
56.1K 1K 29
Poppy is a normal girl with a normal life. Her cousin Charlie invites her to stay with him and Leondre for the summer. When Poppy and Leo first meet...
Pas De Deux Від Natasha

Підліткова література

2.2K 238 15
Poppy's a dancer, just turned sixteen and has dreams all of her own. But when she begins dating troublesome Tommy, her plans are positively destroyed...
3.6K 59 12
How Branch and Poppy End Up Getting Married (no nsfw, some suggestive stuff, broppy, other random ships, a lot is kissing, some bad writing) This ta...