His Reason to Live - Hwang In...

Galing kay SolidInspirit0809

He's done with life. He planned to end it. He's decided and no one can stop him. Not until she appeared with... Higit pa

Prologue
Chapter 1: Am I ready?
Chapter 2: Start of something different
Chapter 3: Under the universe
Chapter 4: Her Presence
Chapter 5: Her Story
Chapter 6: It's Time
Chapter 7: The truth
Chapter 8: Our Story
Chapter 9: Way Back into Love
Chapter 10: One fine day
Chapter 12: Forgiveness
Chapter 13: Hello, Love, Goodbye

Chapter 11: A Perfect day... Until

167 8 0
Galing kay SolidInspirit0809

I stopped with what I am doing and sighed as I stood by the kitchen counter, preparing our lunch. We woke up late because of watching her favorite K-drama series that we lost track of time. I am not fond of watching those kinds of shows but I found myself immersed with every scene last night.

I sighed as I tried to walk to the fridge to get some eggs but Sandy had been hugging me from behind while I am trying to hurry to make us something to eat. I need to make this quick because she still has her medicine to drink but it seems to be a challenge with her not intending to let go.

"Dindy," I looked at her over my shoulder.

"Mmm?" She looked up at me, placing her chin on my back, her arms still wrapped around me.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting my dose of vitamins. I'm feeling tired and I need to be recharged," she reasoned then leaned her cheek on my back.

"Let go. I need to finish cooking," I said as I cracked the egg on a bowl and beat it with a fork.

I heard her whined but eventually removed her hands around my torso. She then leaned on the sink with her arms crossed over her chest, pouting her lips like a kid not given what she likes. I smiled and focused with beating the eggs again.

"Are you upset?" I asked and looked at her again but she did not answer. She is still sulking and just stared at her feet. I smiled more at how cute she is.

I placed the beaten eggs on the heated pan and sidestep to place the bowl in the sink and wash my hands, but she stood still in the middle of the sink preventing me to do what I am supposed to do. I stared at her but she doesn't look at me. Since she does not want to move, I moved closer which made our bodies and faces so close as I placed the bowl in the sink and wash my hands, making my arms trap her in between.

She was startled with what I did and looked up until our eyes met. After wiping my hands on the cloth hanging near the sink, I rested my hands on the edge of the counter, trapping her. 

"What's the problem, hmm?" I cooed as I peered down at her. 

She looked down and started playing with the hem of my shirt. "You're not giving me attention," she whispered. I chuckled.

"Look at me," I commanded but she remained looking down. I held her chin and gently tipped it up so our gazes meet. "I am in a hurry so that you can eat something because you still need to drink your medicine," I explained. 

She did not respond and still has that sulking face. Her eyebrows lightly mush with what I said and it dawned on me that maybe she doesn't want to be treated as someone who is sick. 

"I'm sorry," she whispered and bit her lower lip.

"For what?"

"That you have to take care of me. I'm a burden, ain't I?"

I was right. She thinks that she is a burden with the way I take care of her. I stood straight and cup her cheeks with both of my hands, making her look at me. "Taking care of you is my way of showing you my attention. You will never be a burden, Dindy. You are worth all the time in the world."

I rub my thumb on her cheeks, loving how soft they are. "I know how to make that lips smile again," I said and squinted my eyes. She titled her head like a curious cat as she stares at me. I dipped down, giving her a quick peck on her lips. "There."

She squinted her eyes as well, not contented with what I did. I dipped down again and kissed her, making a smooch sound. She still doesn't smile so I continuously peck her lips and showered her face with kisses. That made her giggle.

"That's enough," she laughs as she placed her hands on my chest. 

My hands slid down and rested on her waist. "You're so beautiful," I said out of breath, my heart pounding so fast as I stare at her face. "I promise I will always do whatever I can to bring that smile to your face."

She entwined her arms around my nape and tiptoed to reach for my lips. My lips immediately responded and gave her soft, audible kisses, the smooch sound entering my ears. Feeling the growing jitters in the pit of my stomach, I captured her lips fully. I heard her quiet moan in contentment as I sunk deeper in her mouth, my hand pulling her closer as if it is still possible.

I drew back slowly and gently leaned my forehead on hers. She pulled back and sniffed continuously as her eyebrows mush. "Something's burning."

"Oh, shit!" I took one long stride towards the stove and quickly turn it off. I look at Sandy and both of us laugh at what just happened.

"Kimchi and rice?" She asked as she went to the fridge to get the bottle of kimchi they bought when they went grocery shopping last week.

"I'll get the sesame oil."

--------------------------------------------

"Where are we going?" She asked for many times now as we are on a bus going somewhere. I planned to surprise her with something and I asked for help from the people close to her.

"You'll see," I answered the same thing every time she asks and grinned. She crinkled her nose and linked her arms with me, resting her head on my shoulder. Both of us watch as the sun starts to set in the horizon when we passed by the sea.

We arrived at our destination and she placed her hands on her waist, giving me a suspicious stare. "Why are we here? What are you planning to do huh?"

"It's a surprise," I whispered as I leaned closer and laced my fingers with hers and pulled her inside the orphanage. 

As planned, one kid from the orphanage approached us as we opened the gate of the place. She smiled at Sandy and ask her to bend down to level his height. The kid wrapped a cloth around her eyes, covering them.

"What's happening?" She giggled when the kid finished tying the cloth behind her head.

I squeezed her hand that I am holding, kissing it after. "Follow my lead."

We walked closer at the orphanage and I waved my hand when I saw the nuns and old gramps. They waved back and their faces show how excited they are to what I prepared for Sandy. I led her all the way to the back of the orphanage where the surprise is. I looked up at the sky and it's giving orange and purple color indicating that the sun has set but it's light is still a little visible. I looked at the surprise and nodded in contentment. I glanced at where the kids are hiding and gave them a thumbs up for setting all these up.

"What's going on? You're making me nervous, In-yeop," she reached her hand out trying to feel something. I reached for that hand and laced them with mine. Now I am holding both of her hands and she is facing me.

"You can take your blindfold off now," I said. She squinted her eyes to adjust her eyes from removing the blindfold. When she has adjusted, I held her shoulders and spun her around so she faces the surprise.

"Dinner date with me?" I whispered as she looks at the set up in awe. 

A wide cloth is placed under the huge tree where they always hang out before when they were still teenagers. There are candles around the cloth and a basket full of snacks and fruits. The kids did a great job swirling fairy lights and hanged bulbs on the trunk of the tree as the finishing touch. It was perfect!

She looks at me with her eyes starting to be misty, trying to hold her tears back. "You're spoiling me," she commented and chuckled. 

I wrapped her in my arms and distanced myself to take a look at her beautiful face. "You're worth spoiling."

We are looking at each other lovingly when we heard soft music being played in the whole orphanage through the speakers. The nuns are the best for helping him set the mood.

"It's funny to think that the words I usually hear from those speakers are reminders from the nuns," Sandy laughed as she recalled their past.

I pulled away from her and dramatically outstretch my hand at her while my other hand is behind me, like a true gentleman. "May I have this dance?"

She chuckled at my actions. "Hmm. Let's me think," she squinted her eyes and pretended that she's not interested. She then accepted my hand with a smile. "Yes, you may."

I smiled so wide and kissed her hand before bringing both of them behind my neck. My hands landed on her waist and we both slowly swayed to the relaxing rhythm of the music. Staring at her this close makes my heart beat so fast I feel like it will malfunction anytime. I can't believe a person will have so much effect to another person with just by staring.

"Do you remember hanging out under this tree?" She asked as she turned her head at the huge tree beside us. "We spent a lot of days here, trying to avoid our responsibilities," she giggled.

"The nuns will scold us for doing nothing. We were never afraid of their scolding because we knew old gramps will always be there to side us," I added. It's the first time that remembering my past brings smile to my lips.

"Old gramps," she repeated.

"I always thought of professing my love for you under this tree before but I never did because I was scared. I was scared that I won't be able to give you the life you wanted because at that time I still don't know what I wanted in life," I looked at her after confessing my feelings and saw that she's staring at me.

"Screw life! I may not have all the wealth in the world, Dindy, but this I promise you," I tucked strands of hair behind her ear and cupped her neck after, rubbing my thumb along her jawline. "I promise to be there when you need me. I promise to hug you tight when you're lonely or even if you just want to cuddle. I'll wipe your tears when they fall and I promise to keep you, not for the rest of my life but for the rest of yours because you are my life."

A tear fell from her eye and slowly flowed down her cheek. I gently wiped it with the back of my finger and cupped her neck again. "I love you, Dindy."

More tears fell from her eyes with that last sentence I said. I smiled and tried to wipe them but they are flowing nonstop. She took the hand I am using to wipe her tears and leaned her cheek on it with her eyes not leaving mine.

"I never knew you're such a sweet talker," she said and chuckled. "I'm thirsty."

"I think they placed some drink in the basket. Let me check," I pulled away from her and went to the basket, rummaging it to look for a drink. I smiled when I saw one, stood up and turned around.

My smile immediately faded when I saw her clutching her chest as she started breathing heavily and fell on the ground. My whole body went numb and the bottle of soda slipped through my grip. I run towards her and panic consumed my whole body.

"Dindy, what's happening?" I asked shaking, almost in the verge of losing sanity. The nuns and the kids start to run near us when they saw what happened.

"I... I can't breathe," she said weakly as she struggled with her breathing. I quickly grabbed my bag I placed on the wide cloth and poured everything out, not caring if all my things scatter on the ground, as I search for her medicine. I can hear the loud thump of my heart and my mind start to be hazy from having disturbing thoughts. Thoughts of losing her if I won't find the damn pouch of her medicine.

After grabbing the pouch, I ran as fast as I could back to her and knelt down beside her. I felt my brain completely shut down when I saw her eyes closed.

"Dindy?" I called out her name and shake her shoulders lightly. My breathe shakes and tears start to roll down my eyes. 

"Call an ambulance," I heard one of the nuns instructed.

"Fuck, Sandy, don't scare me like this! Open your eyes, please!"

Still no response.

Sandy's bucket list:
1. Learn how to bike from In-yeop 
2. Ride on a bike with In-yeop
3. Morning kisses from In-yeop 
4. Dinner date with In-yeop 
5. Tell In-yeop how much I love him

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

237 28 19
This story is about Hyejin, a 21 year old girl. It's her last year of universiry at the populair Raiven University in England. The night before schoo...
85.3K 1.7K 81
Counts Total words: 120,757 Average words per chapter: 1,589 Amount of chapters: 76 ~~~ Y/N is a girl from America who recently moved to South Korea...
3.4K 1.2K 29
"It's hard to just watch you being taken away from me and not being able to do a thing," . . . . "What if there is no end to this case? What if I ju...
90K 4.1K 48
"Won't you join the bath with me?" I tilt my head feigning innocence. He raises a brow coming closer leaning into me. "And why should I?" "Because...