King of the Empire ✓| #2 |

By venusorionv

Read "Queen of the Empire" first!!!! This is the second book of the Rossi mafia series. ~~~~~ Liam One month... More

Author's note
Character aesthetics
The families
Prologue
1 - One month
2 - A girl from the past
3 - Tesoro
4 - Not anymore
5 - I promise
6 - The Mob
7 - Rage
8 - Ghost
9 - The killer
10 - The woman
11 - One Mistake
12 - Alliance
13 - Truth
14 - Invitation
15 - Videotape
16 - Crystal blue
17 - A fucking dream
18 - Can't be real
19 - Broken promise
20 - The Ball
21 - One day
22 - Me out of all people
23 - Surprise
24 - Take her time
25 - Comparison
26 - I fucked up
27 - Deal
28 - The Night
29 - One week
30 - Two weeks
31 - Three weeks
32 - One month
33 - One month and two days I
34 - One month and two days II
35 - One month and one week I
36 - One month and one week II
37 - Two months
38 - Power
39 - Just the beginning
40 - Decision
41 - Lost in thought
42 - Resurfaced
43 - Betrayal
44 - Final Blow
45 - The letter
Extended epilogue

Epilogue

233 4 0
By venusorionv

Three years later

I never saw myself getting married at the age of twenty-four.

But here I was. Standing at the very end of the aisle in the museum of Louvre.

Celeste was the one to suggest the venue and I complied with anything because I would've married her next to a fucking trash can. I was that desperate to have her.

I proposed to her almost a year ago when we were on our yearly vacation. We made a deal that we'd go on a vacation for at least a week every few months to get away from the estate and the families.

We were visiting Norway and one night while we were out on a northern lights sightseeing. I waited for the moment she was too mesmerised by the view in the sky to care about me and got down on one knee.

The last time I saw a smile that big was when I asked her to be my girlfriend.

As much as I wanted to marry her right then and there, we got to enjoy the fancy titles for a year until today. And she got to wear a beautiful diamond ring specifically designed for her.

But the year was busy for us as a family. I took over my father's title, becoming the don of the De Niro famiglia. Alex became my underboss and Audrey was my second in command.

Beatrice was still not finished with school but next year, she said she was prepared to start her training.

Egon was doing more than well managing the Martinelli businesses. I looked after him for the first few years but he's gotten the hang of it. And besides, he's a father now. Laura gave birth to a baby girl that she named Luciana, after her late mother. Egon was more than happy to comply. Lu was just one year and safe to say, fatherhood truly suited Egon. After all, he was the stepfather to Laura's two older kids which he adopted shortly after Lu was born. The kids loved him and since they lost their father at a very young age, they were quick to call Egon their dad.

Lorenzo and Marcus would soon become parents since their surrogate was seven months pregnant with a little boy.

Riella finished her law school and now worked at a private firm with ties to the underworld. And she even introduced us to her boyfriend Mathew a few months ago. Is it completely serious? I doubt it. But at least she's happy.

Aldo was now happily dating my sister and even though I approved their relationship, as well as Gabriele did, I kept my eyes out for anything going on.

Giorgio was in an on and off relationship with Margo's sister Margherita while Margo herself was going strong with Alex.

Without a doubt, these past three years since I met my love, were definitely adventurous. But as much as some things hurt, I wouldn't change it for a thing.

Aldo patted my back just as the doors opened and everyone started to stand. The place was nicely decorated with dark roses, gold accents and many lights and candles around the place.

My heart started racing once I got a glimpse of my girl.

She wore a tight-fitting lace gown with a medium-sized train. She held a dark rose bouquet in her hands as she started walking and I don't think I've ever been happier to see her.

She wore that beautiful smile as my eyes started to blur. Dante and Giorgia both escorted her towards me and once they handed her off to me, I wiped my cheeks clean from the tears.

"Hi," she whispered to me, making me grin even more.

"You look stunning," she handed the bouquet to Margo and then turned back to me as I grabbed her hands in mine.

Everything else went as well as it could get but nothing of it mattered. We skipped the vows because we'd already said them to one another when we eloped a few months ago.

Yeah, don't you dare tell Dante or Gabriele that. I'd be dead by sunrise. Even if we were both drunk and she may or may not have initiated it. But I remembered it well. So well, I knew I'd dream of that moment for years to come.

Once both of our hands had rings on them, we kissed. Maybe too much considering the fact that people were watching. But they made me wait twenty minutes just so I could kiss my wife after seeing her, so I wasn't at fault.

We spent the entire night on a ship we reserved for the wedding with everyone we loved and cared about. We danced, we ate, we drank and may have sneaked into some closet room to fuck a few times. But since we were both equally as big of freaks, we had to get it out.

And besides, fucking her as my wife just felt different and so much better.

Throughout those few years since I found out about my real father, I had a chance together with Audrey to get to know our family better. We spent a lot of time with Gabriele and Giana in their estate in Rome just hanging out and talking. As well as spending time with our half-brother Enzo. I might have gotten to see him a lot more after he asked Beatrice out on a date and ever since then, they've been almost inseparable. I even asked Ce if I should give her the bird's and the bee's talk since I doubt Francesco did that.

"Mr De Niro," I smiled as I sipped my champagne and looked at the Eiffel Tower in the far. Its lights sparkled in the night sky as we slowly moved closer to it. I slowly turned around to see the woman I had the privilege of calling my wife. She wore a white satin dress that reached just below her knees and was looser, for obvious reasons.

"Mrs Rossi-De Niro," she smiled as she wrapped her arms around my waist and pressed her head to my chest. I wrapped one arm around her, holding the champagne glass in the other hand. I placed a kiss on her head as we turned to the side.

She looked up at me with a big smile on her face, making me smile.

"Happy?" I asked just like I did every night before we went to bed before I told her I loved her. She nodded with a smile before tilting her head to the side and looking out at the monument. I held her tight against me before she rested her head on my chest again, her eyes set on the tower.

I placed another kiss on her head before following the path her eyes were taking. We stared at the sparkling tower as "Overdrive" by Conan Gray played in the background.

This was the beginning to our end. It was what I'd been waiting for since I could remember. All I wanted was to be happy among the troubles that were in the life of a mafia don.

And I didn't think that it would take one simple meeting, one glance at a girl to know she would become my happiness.

My leg bounced as I waited for someone Dante had insisted on waiting for. I glanced at my father for a brief second to see that he shot daggers with his eyes at Dante as the man spoke to Lorenzo, or whatever his name was.

Once the door opened, my eyes shot toward it. My heart skipped a beat. A woman, probably just as young as I was, stepped inside with another woman behind her. Although I realised that only after the beauty that was in front of me sat down.

"Ciao a tutti," she said as everyone started to stand up. I stayed seated, seeing that her eyes were on Dante rather than me. "Sedersi," she said before everyone sat down but she stilled once her eyes caught mine.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that this woman is the definition of beauty. Her dirty blond hair in a low bun with two strands in front of her face. Her face was lightly touched with make-up but she didn't need it. She looked like a goddamn angel.

My dick felt the damn tension, making me feel like I was in damn high school. I've never gotten hard this fast. Her goddamn suit made her look bossy and sexy at the same time. It was clear she knew what she was doing from the way she walked in but still, I had zero clue as to who this angel was.

Her friend managed to kick her under the table to snap out of the stare. I smiled lightly inside, thinking I had a similar effect on her just like she had on me.

"Alright, qual è l'accordo?" She spoke fluently in Italian. I looked at her facial features, trying to figure out where I'd seen some.

"I Martinelli verrebbero discutere un caso," Dante spoke and that was when I had realised it.

She was his fucking daughter.

Talk about misfortunes.

I just fell for a girl that was my family's rival. But the heart wants what it wants and something told me she was going to be either the death of me or the biggest chance in happiness I could get.

"Miss Rossi, we came here with a request," my father said.

"Parli Italiano?" He shook his head no. "Chiunque altro?"

"Sì," I answered, catching her slightly by surprise.

"Bene, what do you dingbats want?" I was amused by her feistiness. And it took a lot of willpower to speak.

"We would like to ask you for help, we ran into a problem with ten Russians," she shook her head, her eyes fixated on me.

"Stop, no. We're not going to get involved with the Russians," I smiled, looking at the table for a second.

"And they won't know that," I said, making her chuckle.

"How?"

"We only ask for a place to stay. They are pressuring us and with you by our side, we could get rid of them once and for all," I explained before a smile touched her face.

Fuck, I wanted to see that every damn second of the day.

"And what do we get from that? Please, Mr Martinelli, tell me how the hell will this be beneficial towards us?" I smiled, her voice bringing me butterflies.

"Non sei stupido." She raised her brows, surprised by the comment.

"Mi scusi?" That cocky voice. Fucking hell, she'll be the death of me.

"Just saying, darling. You're smarter than I thought."

"Why? Just because I'm a girl? Just because I'm a girl I can't be smart? A leader? An alpha in a room full of men?"

"Never said that." She chuckled.

"Of course, you didn't."

Much of the further conversation went like a blur as I was so fascinated with the most perfect woman in the world right within my reach.

"I'll give you my word. Trust me, I keep my promises." I said, assuring her that everything would be done within the lines of our agreement.

"That's what they all say." Now I was becoming irritated. From those words, I could see the pain of past memories on her and I wanted to take each and every one of those dipshit's lives for touching her.

"I'm not like every man."

"And I'm not sure this deal will happen," She said, smiling and perfectly hiding the fact that something had clouded her mind a second before. She was more vulnerable than she let everyone believe. But that wasn't a bad thing. She was hurt. That was clear as day. But to what extent? The girl by her giggled, making me leave my mind and come back to the present.

"You're one son of a gun," Francesco said under his breath.

"Can't say I'll disagree," I said, smiling just enough that she'd see it.

"What more do you want?" Francesco asked.

"You're businesses in Canada and the UK," my eyes widened. She was crazy. Actually crazy.

"Just Canada."

"Just get the fuck out." I wanted to laugh. She knew what she was doing and for our plan to work, she would have to get everything.

But why do I feel like this plan was going to end up in shambles?

"Half from the UK," I breathed in a frustrated breath before complying with her terms.

"Fine."

"Dante," Francesco's rough voice spoke, "we'd be very grateful," her father held up his hand to shut my father up.

"Celeste is the boss. Not me. It's impossible to change her mind when she knows what she's doing. I'm not in the mood to fight with her." I guess I should've suspected it from how the conversation went but it did surprise me to hear it in the open.

I wasn't just attracted to my rival's daughter. I was attracted to the don of the most powerful famiglia.

I was completely and utterly fucked.

"How long has she been the boss?" I asked out of pure curiosity.

"Why is that important?"

"Just asked a question, Cel," the woman beside Celeste was hardly holding back her laugh.

"It's Celeste. Not whatever you called me." I held my hands out in defence.

"Mi scusi, love," she just rolled her eyes and looked over to Francesco.

"If you agree to sign off what I asked for, you have yourselves a deal," he nodded. "I'll get the paperwork ready for tomorrow. But if you get us involved in something bigger, every single one of you will be dead."

"Buona fortuna, love." I said a little too loud, enough for her to head.

"Posso assicurarti, ucciderti sarebbe un gioco da ragazzi." I smirked. "Sei un uomo, è facile conoscere le tue debolezze." She stood up, looking me dead in the eyes. "L'incontro è finito." She walked out of the room and as Francesco turned to Dante, I stood up from my chair and walked out to find her.

I wanted her. I wanted just a bit of her for now. My fingers actually itched to touch her. And maybe my cock would calm down once I've had a touch of her. As she opened the bathroom door, I pushed her inside the room. I quickly grabbed her hands by her wrists in one hand, pushing her front against the wall.

I had to close my eyes once her scent touched my nose. I mentally cursed myself because I will have to take a cold shower after this. As she fought hard against me, still not enough to push me away, I leaned close to her ear.

"Cel, if you threaten me again, you'll regret it when I put a knife to your throat," I whispered harshly to her ear, inhaling her scent once more, making sure I'd remember it for a lifetime.

"You're insane if you think that will happen. I mean I'm sure I'll threaten you but the second part good luck, idiota." I turned her around to face me and with my other hand, I lifted her chin to get a better look at her eyes. Green. So green that I actually got a little dazed from staring.

"I love that you're so feisty. We're both powerful people, love. Fighting with you, I'm sure would end in the end of the world." She smiled.

"You're not wrong about that." I leaned slightly down, my lips almost touching hers. She tried to get out of my grip, but my hold was too strong for her astounding abilities. "I can't lie, love, your attitude turns me on. But be careful, I can't promise you I'll keep my mouth shut around you," I looked at her lips once more before releasing her and leaving the room without another glance.

I smiled, holding her close to me. I had her. The girl that I thought could never be mine.

"I can't believe this is happening," she said as people sang along to the song. I placed the glass on the small table behind me and then cupped her face, looking deeply into her eyes.

"You're all I've ever wanted, Celeste. That and more." I kissed her lips as her hands wrapped around the back of my neck. I pulled away for a second, smiling as I looked at her.

"Ti amo," I pecked her lips again.

"I love you, my love," I whispered against her lips before kissing her again.

She flinched in my arms as fireworks started to go off. I smiled, pulling her close to me. She looked to the side where the colourful fires illuminated the night sky. I looked away from her, looking at the beautiful sky. She pressed the side of her face against my chest, making my heart beat faster.

"You're safe with me, angel. At least from now on," she chuckled, tightening her hold around my body.

Now, she was bound to me forever and nothing would ever make me leave her.

I finally had everything I wanted and I planned to hold onto it as hard as I could.

Forever and always.

————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 3.3K 52
The mafia princess has gone, and the Queen has returned. Born to the most dangerous family in the world, Elle was a beautiful, innocent girl who has...
1.7M 40.9K 50
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
183K 6.7K 24
Quintessential Dynasty Series|| Book 2|| Lorenzo Santini|| 18+ Please note that you must read book 1, Deception before you read this book. ••• Weddin...
2.4M 85.3K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...