Dejected | R. Suna

By M3IKO0O

โ—ค ๐——๐—ฒ๐—ท๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ | pวjวkส‡วp | ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ซ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐š‚๐šŠ๐š ๐š˜๐š› ๐š๐šŽ๐š™๐š›๐šŽ๐šœ๐šœ๐šŽ๐š, ๐š๐š’๐šœ๐š™๐š’๐š›๐š’... More

โ•ฐโ–บprologue
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044

034

25.3K 1.3K 3.4K
By M3IKO0O

The ride back home was eerily silent. Even the twins who were passed out in the backseat from an overload of sugar, barely made a peep, except for their adorable little snores as they rest up against each other.

Rin seemed incredibly focused as he drove home— his hands gripped the wheel a bit tighter than normal, so much so that you could hear the leather crunch underneath his fingertips. The day had been tense enough as it is, but something else clearly went on after you had left the café.

"Are you alright?" you ask hesitantly, well aware of the way his face contorts into a doleful expression as he continues to drive home— no words being exchanged between the two of you until after you step foot in the house; the two of you take the kids up the stairs and into their rooms, with Reiko slumped over in your arms while she slept, and Reiki laid similarly in Rin's.

You're quick to meet him in his room where he sat quietly on the bed, his head hung low with his palms flat against his knees— deep in commiserating thought. How could he be so selfish? He hardly paid attention to the things that troubled you, especially your family affairs... he should have been more supportive, just as you've been to him.

"Rin, I need to know what's troubling you. We can talk about it."

There you go again— so sweet, and thoughtful... always thinking of him and the kids first before anything else.

"Your family... tell me about them."

It's the first thing out of his mouth, and it honestly wasn't anything of what you expected him to say.

"Oh, um— I don't think that's really important right now."

"Please... I wanna be there for you too."

The look in his eyes is pained, as if this has been something that's been bothering him for a while. You aren't sure what spurred such a thought, but you can tell that he needs this— as if he'd crumble before you if you didn't oblige.

You make your way over, sitting beside him as you reach out a palm to cover his hand; as if you'd even be able to envelope his much larger grasp. His eyes zero in on the way your fingers intertwine with his, so effortlessly as if they were made specifically to fit within each other— like two pieces of a very intricate puzzle.

"My family... they aren't good people." You start, bracing yourself as you get ready to unload everything to him. "My father is a lawyer, running his own firm that he wanted me to take over. Growing up, he wasn't much of a father— I just found out that he really didn't even love me or my sister. Not in the way that a parent should, at least. I guess I've always known it, but hearing him confirm it really...

My family isn't happy with my career choice— maybe they'd love me more if I was like them, but I—"

You stopped yourself once you feel Rin's strong arms wrap you up into a tight squeeze. He's held you many times before, but this time felt different— almost desperate in the way that he clings to you as if you'd simply float away. Desperate in the way that it may be the very last time he gets to feel your body pressed up against his own...

"The man at the café, who is he?"

You knew this question was coming, and although Rin still holds you tightly, you can feel his arms droop a little lower in defeat.

"His name is Daisuke. I had only met him twice, but my father wants—"

Should you even say it?

"Wants what?"

"He wants me to marry him. So his company can merge with their's... it's just a business contract of sorts— I told him I want no part of it..."

Suna releases his hold from you almost immediately, so fast that your body releases a chilling shudder from the sudden change in temperature, no longer feeling his tepid embrace wrapped tightly around you.

"Marry?" He chokes out the words as if it's the most disgusting thing he's ever tasted.

His head spins— his heart pounds as the word echoes in his mind. The thought of you being with anyone else sent an excruciating ache through his heart, one he hasn't felt in a very long time, yet it's so familiar in the way that tears threaten to spill from his sullen eyes.

It wasn't fair, the way he wanted to keep you all to himself... but then again you clearly had a habit of choosing the wrong men— just look at your ex-boyfriend. Was he one of those men? A 'wrong choice?'

He couldn't give you the life you deserved... he ruined his first marriage; maybe everything Mei had said to him was right. Maybe it was his fault for not paying enough attention to her— always thinking about himself and his needs... he had already started things off this way with you, clearly he was headed in the same direction even now.

Maybe you would be better off...

"Yes, marry... but I—"

"You should do it."

The words cut through you like a knife, all the air escapes from your lungs as the reality of what he's said to you sinks in.

"What do you mean? Rin..."

"You should marry him. He's rich, handsome... I'm sure you could have a nice life with him."

You're absolutely flabbergasted at this point, your mouth hangs open languidly as you're rendered speechless. This certainly wasn't the way you expected this to go. You figured he may get a little jealous, but you'd hoped it would end up the way it did when you went out with Atsumu... this was a very, very unwarranted reaction.

"Where is this coming from? I thought we— I mean, we were moving in the right direction, I thought."

"Think about it realistically, y/n. Was this ever really going to work out? I'm a emotionally fucked up, single father with two kids who have a shitty mother— which is my fault, by the way... I can't give you what you need. You deserve some one who can."

There's so many emotions running rampant throughout your mind at this point— it stings, the way he spouts out such nonsensical words that contradicts everything you've been saying to him. How dense could he really be? You feel it all bubble to the surface; anger, heartbreak... it consumes you, adrenaline coursing through your veins as you stand up and give him a piece of your mind.

"You were the one who came on to me! This is why I never wanted to get involved with you— there was so much at stake here and on behalf of my better judgment, I gave in... but you know what? I don't regret it, Rin. I don't regret it because I got to know you, I got to see the person you really are, and that's why I fell in—"

"Don't say it."

His tone is sharp commanding; it sends a painstakingly chilling shiver through your soul as you crumble at his harsh words. Tears prick at the corners of your eyelids, unable to stop them from falling down your puffy cheeks.

"I need you to leave, y/n. As of now, your services are no longer needed."

It all happens so fast, he's ushering you out of his room and down the stairs— until soon enough you're at the front door, just moments away from leaving his residence for presumably the last time...

"Please, Rin— don't do this." You cling to him like a vice, sobbing into his chest unrelentingly as you feel his heart beat wildly within. You don't care how pathetic you look right now, you can't let go; you can't leave him. "Don't push me away, please."

"Y/n."

"I know you feel it too— I won't let you lie to me." You choke out through strained sobs; the words burn as they get stuck in your throat as your breathing becomes more shallow with every inhale of his alluring scent.

"I just wanted to fuck you— I got what I wanted, now you can go."

You know he's lying— you can see it in the way his own eyes start to mist with how painful it is for him to say such hurtful words to you. Whatever the reason it was that he's practically forcing you away, it just wasn't one you were willing to accept— but you had to, if this was really what he wanted.

Maybe you really were unloveable; this curse you were left to burden seemed so apparent in this instance— no matter how hard you tried, you were never in control of your own life.

"I'll have Atsumu bring you your things."

The crisp air stings your dampened cheeks as you walk out the door; you turn around to plead with him one more time, except you're met with a harsh gust of wind as the door slams in your face.

You're about to turn away, until you hear tiny hands banging loudly at the window. Reiki looks out at you from inside the house with tears of his own, palms pressed against the foggy glass separating the two of you— screaming as he watches you walk further from the doorway and into your car.

"You promised, y/n!

You promised me you wouldn't leave!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 1.3K 37
-status: ongoing but all the chapters are written! x reader ...
36.6K 580 27
Suna rintaro x reader Started: June 8, 2022 Finished: March 6, 2023 #7 suna - June 17,2022 #8 rintaro - September 9,2022 #19 sunarin- January 12,2023
104K 3.8K 26
โช ๐’๐”๐๐€ ๐‘๐ˆ๐๐“๐€๐‘๐Ž๐” โซ ๐ŸŽง ๐–ฅ๐–ซ๐–ด๐–ฅ๐–ฅ, ๐–ฒ๐–ซ๐–ฎ๐–ถ-๐–ก๐–ด๐–ฑ๐–ญ , ๐–ค๐–ณ๐–ข. ๏ฟฃ๏ฟฃ๏ฟฃ๏ฟฃ๏ฟฃ๏ฟฃ๏ฟฃ๏ฟฃ๏ฟฃ๏ฟฃ๏ฟฃ๏ฟฃ๏ฟฃ แฐ ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐—Œ๐—Ž๐—‡๐–บ ๐–บ๏ฟฝ...
57.7K 1.5K 29
โ†ฃโ†ฃ"๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ; ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—น๐—น ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ฒ๐˜€."โ†ขโ†ข โ™ก๐—œ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...