Get A Room!

By BrightSparksBL

Four BoyxBoy Couples ♡♡♡♡ When teens finally move away from home to live on campus, things are bound to get m... More

Author's Note
~:*:~ Character Map ~:*:~
~:*:~ One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eight ~:*:~
~:*:~ Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ten ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eleven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twelve ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirteen ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fourteen ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifteen ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixteen ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventeen ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighteen ~:*:~
~:*:~ Nineteen ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-Eight ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-Eight ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-Eight ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-Eight ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-Eight ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-Eight ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-Eight ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety-One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety-Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety-Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety-Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety-Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety-Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety-Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety-Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ One Hundred ~:*:~
~:*:~ One Hundred and One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Bonus Epilogue ~:*:~
What's Next?!

~:*:~ Ninety-Eight ~:*:~

1.2K 87 60
By BrightSparksBL

Bright

The group took Jedson out to celebrate his speedy recovery. Not only were his bruises gone on his hip and foot, but his casts were also removed during his last checkup. Jedson still had to wear a wrist brace on each hand for the next few weeks, but at least he was more independent and able to return to the soccer field to practice.

When Jedson invited me out to drink with the others, I politely declined and pretended like I had to meet up with some classmates for a group project. Jedson seemed skeptical at first, but Leona was already privy to my scheme so she was able to assist me with the lie.

"Oh, shit! Is that the project for Mr. Wheeler's class?! I haven't even started mine yet... and it's due Monday, right?! Damn! I should call my group members and see if they're available tomorrow afternoon. I'll meet you boys downstairs when the cab gets here, okay?" Leona frantically began pushing buttons on her phone as she slipped out of my room, winking to me playfully while Jedson's back was to her.

Leona and I were in the same class and we did have a major group project to do, but it wasn't due for another two weeks. Leona's acting was spot on, so Jedson's suspicions easily faded away.

"Okay, you go finish that project... but don't stay out too late working! If your group can't manage it in one night, don't push yourself; just make a plan to meet up again tomorrow or finish the details over skype. And I don't want you walking back to your room alone in the dark... so call me if there's no one else from your group from Massey."

"I'll be fine, Jedson." I assured him with a smile. "I'm not a helpless child anymore, and the bullying has already stopped so there's nothing to fear!"

"Even so, there are predators out there! Someone might try to take advantage of the fact that you're alone." He said in a very serious tone as he rested his hands on my shoulders, squeezing reassuringly.

It was so cute to see him fret over me. I had never met anyone who cared this much about my wellbeing. I instinctively wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him in for a hug. He obliged eagerly, burying his face in my hair as he enveloped me.

"I'll be careful. I promise." I then reluctantly pushed him away and directed him out of my room with a smile. "Now go have fun with your friends! You've earned it. But I better not find out that you've drunk yourself silly just because you're off your meds! Repeat after me: mo-der-ation."

"Moderation..." He said in reply before offering up a mischievous grin. "... I don't know the meaning of the word!" He teased as he made a swift exit, avoiding the pillow I playfully tossed in his direction.

As soon as I overheard the echoes of Chace, Nate and Ian loudly greeting him in the stairwell, I knew it was safe to begin phase two of my plan.

That's right... it was my turn to initiate a sweet confession to the boy I loved.

I had never been this sure of something in my entire life, or as excited for what was to follow when he said yes.

~*~*~*~

I wasn't magically cured of my social anxieties after a few short sessions. So no one should expect me to make some grand public gesture on a stage with balloons and music and flashing lights like Jedson did during the Freshie Contest. He probably wouldn't even want something so elaborate at this point, specifically because he was trying to distance himself from notoriety these days. We promised each other that we would find a nice middle ground, so the least I could do was confess to him in a public-but-not-really-public sort of way. I know, that sounds confusing. Basically I didn't want to just hide away in his room or mine and confess secretly, and I didn't have the courage to have a large audience of students gawking at us. So the middle ground I found comfortable was to confess in front of his friends, who had sort of become my friends too by association.

That's where Leona came into the scheme. She knew that I wanted to surprise Jedson at the bar with my confession, so it was her job to verify my excuse for bailing on the night, to monitor Jedson's drinking to ensure his sobriety during my confession, and to generally control the other guys at the table so they don't accidentally mess up my surprise with an ill-timed belch or call to the waitress. I was originally planning on telling them so we could avoid these types of accidents, but Leona was quite certain that they'd spill the beans simply by staring at the front door too often or demanding updates from her as to my ETA. She knew the boys better than I did, so I trusted her judgement.

So while they were enjoying their first round, I raced to the flower market to pick up my order of tulips. When the second round began, I was back in my room changing into the suit I wore at my high school graduation. I remember buying it because I thought it made me look more handsome instead of pretty. But looking at myself in the mirror now, I realized that it didn't really change anything about me. I just looked like me... and if that meant people saw me as pretty, then so be it! I'd be the prettiest boy they would ever see in their lifetime, making them all jealous and envious of anyone who gets to stand near me.

Progress. I like this self-confidence.

I left my room shortly after that and took a cab to the bar. I texted Leona just before going in to make sure Jedson was still sitting at the table, and not in the bathroom or stumbling out the side door into the alleyway to vomit. When she messaged me an emoji thumbs up, along with about a dozen hearts and a squeal of good luck, I pushed open the front door and boldly marched over to their table in the back corner.

Again, I didn't want an insane audience of strangers witnessing my confession because I wasn't ready for that. So Leona specifically chose a bar that would be fairly empty for a Friday night. She did her homework and found out that two bars down the street were having promotions and parties, so it was more likely that most of the students from campus would be at one of those locations tonight instead of here. I also asked her to pick a booth at the back so I could avoid eye contact with any lingering strangers while I confessed, for they would all be sitting at the bar and at tables behind me.

I could do this. I could do this. I could do this.

Just tell him how you feel, and everything will be alright.

Leona smiled in my direction and spoke loudly to be heard over boys, who were still chatting and oblivious to my approach. "Hey... isn't that Bright?!"

"What?" Jedson caught my name as it left her lips, suddenly becoming hyper aware as he abandoned the conversation and searched the room for me. When his eyes found me, they went wide in wonder and nervous energy. "Holy shit... he looks fucking amazing!" He let slip out, unashamedly.

The rest of the guys fell silent as I stopped in front of their table. All eyes were on me now.

I held the bouquet tightly in one hand as I reached for Jedson with the other. I guided him to stand in front of me, and then took a deep breath to calm my nerves.

"Jedson... I know I've made a lot of mistakes in our friendship, and even more on the road to becoming more than friends. I was scared of everything you had to offer because I was so stuck in my old ways, unable to change until it was too late. I lost your affection, and I lost you as a friend. Even after all the things those bullies and gossipers put me through, I still felt like losing you was the most painful part of the whole ordeal. I don't want to feel like that again, and I don't want to play around with your feelings anymore. I'm quite certain of my affection for you, and I'm willing to change my less than desirable behaviours to become brave enough to stand by your side. Now I know I should probably be playing your favourite song on the piano and singing along to show how much you mean to me, or I should recite a famous quote about the heart's desires from your favourite book... but we both know that my piano playing is that of a child, my singing voice is far from desirable, and I'm honestly afraid that I'll pass out if I have to keep this speech up for much longer with famous words that don't belong to me." I go off script to make a joke, hoping to lighten the mood, "Plus your favourite books are murder mysteries that tend to lack romance anyways, so that one could also be your fault!" I wave off the silly comment and continue hastily, "So I know that my confession lacks all the bells and whistles you certainly deserve, but you seem to like me just the way I am... including my simplicity. So here I am, taking a chance to be brave and honest with you! I care about you so much, and I want to explore what we have because-... well..." I took a deep breath and gulped down the last of my doubts before stating proudly, "... because I'm in love with you, Jedson."

The others at the table all squealed and cheered in delight. I could even vaguely hear the other bar patrons cooing delightfully behind me.

"Will you go out with me, Jedson? Will you do me the great honour of becoming my boyfriend?"

I know I sounded overly formal, but at this point I was just too afraid to drift away from the script I prepared ahead of time. Plus, I think the formality of my question was cute considering my attire.

Jedson just stared at me, never changing his expression as his eyes continued to bug out of his skull. I held out the bouquet of tulips for him to take, but he still stood frozen on the spot.

"Jedson!" Leona whispered in an irritated tone as she looked between the two of us, "Give the boy an answer, will you?! The silence is deafening!"

But still, he said nothing. Instead, he suddenly turned away from me and began to walk towards the side door.

Oh my God... did I just get rejected?! I thought Jedson still loved me?! Did I misread everything that had happened between us recently?! Did he just want to be friends?! What was I supposed to do about my broken heart?!

I'm going to cry. I could feel the tears rising up as my lower lip began to tremble. My feet would certainly give out any moment, and then I would be in the fettle position on the floor. I would probably have trouble breathing as I sobbed, and then Leona and the guys would have to carry me away before I embarrassed myself any further. I couldn't handle this-

"I'm sorry... I'm just messing with you." Jedson called out as he raced back towards me with a dazzling smile on his face. "Consider it payback for leaving me on the stage that day."

Before I could chastise him for playing such a cruel, yet somewhat deserved, prank on me, I was scooped up into his arms and his lips were on mine. I dropped the bouquet of tulips on the floor so I could wrap my hands around his neck and comb my fingers through his hair, pulling him closer to deepen the kiss. We were both letting out weeks of pent up emotion in that moment, kissing passionately despite the cheering crowd around us.

And I did cry; only it wasn't because I was rejected and heartbroken. I cried because I was so incandescently happy. I loved this boy so much and he loved me, so there was no use fighting it any longer.

When we finally broke apart after a couple of cat-calls, whistles, and a lively exclamation from a bar patron to 'GET A ROOM!', Jedson and I laughed and blushed in delayed, sweet embarrassment from our display. He bent down to pick up the flowers, and then smelled them carefully as he watched my reaction to his response, "Yes Bright, I will be your boyfriend. And I love you too..."

"Well, isn't that fucking obvious after that insane make-out session?!" Nate calls out jokingly as the rest of the table laughs in agreement.

Jedson and I pull up two chairs to the edge of the booth so we can sit side by side, and then we enjoy the rest of the night celebrating with our friends.

We both keep our pinky fingers entangled as we rest our hands on Jedson's thigh. I don't think I'll ever be able to let go of him. His pinky finger tightens around mine, assuring me that he won't be able to either.

Hello lovelies!!!

😭💗 GAHHHH!!! This confession is so cute, it makes me wanna cry!!! 🤧😍

What do you all think about Bright and Jedson's happily ever after?!
It may not be as extravagant as some of the other couples, but it's cute and fitting for them. We can't expect them to be like Tanner and Jesse, having animalistic sex in a shower stall 🤣

Anyone have any predictions about the future of their relationship beyond this book? They've got four years of university to get through, after all...
Will they last that long? Will they stay together after university? Is this a forever kind of love?

Thanks for the chat!
Please follow, vote and comment 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

783K 26.6K 67
Zach is your typical nerd. loves to read, loves to draw, loves to bake, and decorate cakes in his family bakery. and of course, gay. Brian is your ty...
270K 11.3K 49
" But the dare is so easy, all you gotta do is pass the chocolate." " Through a kiss! " College life is already hard but Cale's friends had decided t...
7.2M 261K 42
Nathen Dawson is so in love with his girlfriend, Tracy. The two of them are as happy as any couple can be, and there is literally nothing that can ge...
69.8K 2.4K 43
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...