Oriel Dune | Obi-Wan Kenobi

By BooksHaveFeelings2

Oriel Dune is a red headed Jedi who had fallen in love with the one and only Obi-Wan Kenobi ever since she la... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Part 2
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Part 3
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Part 4
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Epilouge

Chapter Four

1.8K 49 11
By BooksHaveFeelings2

"Someday, I will be the most powerful Jedi ever."
- Anakin Skywalker

❆ ❆ ❆

Oriel finally woke after being passed out from the overwhelming pain, but now, she felt better.

Feeling a little too confident in herself, she tried standing but fell, knocking over the glass of water that had been given to her.

"Shit." She mumbled, sitting up on the floor, leaning on the bed and looking at the mess she had made.

"I didn't know Jedi spoke that way." Obi-Wan said giving Oriel a fright as she did not sense his presence.

"Well I'm not a Jedi yet. And your not my master." She said while Obi-Wan helped her back onto the bed.

"I'm afraid your not going to be able to leave this room for a while." Obi-Wan said, picking up the glass pieces.

"I think your right." Oriel admitted sadly. "Are we on Coruscant already?" Oriel asked realising they were no longer moving.

"Unfortunately not, we had to stop on a nearby planet, I think we're on Tatooine. Our hyperdrive was damaged while we tried to get past the blockade, it's my job to fix it but Qui-Gon had to go to the nearest town to get some equipment." He said filling Oriel in on what had happened while she was out.

"Need any help?" Oriel tried but Obi-Wan saw right through her.

"Not a chance, you need rest." Obi-Wan gave her a warning look to stay where she was.

"I'll check on you in a bit." He said leaving the room.

"You need rest." Oriel mocked below her breath. "I heard that!" She heard Obi-Wan yell from down the hall.

The day consisted of her lying in bed trying to occupy her mind, and Obi-Wan coming to check on her and change her wet bandages every hour while Oriel insisted she was fine.

The next day she felt better and she was able to stand and walk with a limp.

"Young Dune." She heard her name as she entered the Queens chambers of the ship.

"I heard you were injured fighting for me, I greatly appreciate your service." The Queen begun.

"It's an honor serving you." Oriel replied, sensing Obi-Wan enter as well.

"Thankyou for joining us Young Kenobi." The Queen greeted as Obi-Wan took his place standing next to Oriel.

"Please sit, I need your opinion." She said motioning to the seats beside her.

The Padawans took a seat and a hologram of Sio Bibble popped up on the communicator.

"The death toll is catastrophic." He started, sounding urgent. "We must bow to their wishes. You must contact me." Bibble insisted and the hologram flickered away.

"It's a trick, send no reply." Obi-Wan said getting up from his seat immediately. "Send no transmissions of any kind." He finished before walking out to fill his master in, Oriel followed in pursuit.

When they got in contact, Qui-Gon agreed to it being bait, but Oriel had a funny feeling that something was off.

"What if its true." Oriel piped up. "What if the people are dying."

"Either way we are running out of time." With that, Qui-Gon turned his communicator off.

"Well that's reassuring." She mumbled. "I'm gonna go do what I do best." Oriel said, limping off.

"And what may that be?" Obi-Wan said catching up to her and tried to help her walk but she shooed him off.

"Sleep." Oriel replied and headed off for her room.

❆ ❆ ❆

The next day Oriel was filled in on what she missed again and apparently Qui-Gon has some super fool proof plan.

That was a joke of course.

There were a million things that could go wrong.

Qui-Gon had put all of his faith in this little boy he found during their stay, and he called it 'fait' that brought them together because he has the highest midi-chlorian count ever or something like that, and Qui-Gon seems to think he is the so called 'Chosen One.'

Oriel didn't believe it. Perhaps this is the danger I have been sensing? Ever since we got here the danger has felt stronger. Nearer. Maybe it's the boy.

Oriel had to warn Qui-Gon. To her surprise, Qui-Gon wasn't answering his coms so she did what she had too. She got out of her bed, grabbed her lightsaber from the table and headed for the exit ramp.

As the ramp lowered a huge gust of sandy wind blew in her face. This wasn't going to be easy, she didn't even know where Qui-Gon was. She would just have to trust her feelings and let the force guide her.

"Where do you think your going?" Obi-Wan said while she headed down the ramp.

"Busted." Whispered Oriel to herself as she slowly turned around.

"Yes you are." Obi-Wan said as he raised his eyebrows in an unamused manner.

"Look I don't have time to explain but I have to speak with Qui-Gon and he's turned his comms off." Oriel said turning back around and heading off on her journey.

"Not in your condition your not." He replied matter-of-factly but she just kept walking.

"Come back here Oriel." He sighed catching up to her.

"You need to stay. Someone needs to protect the Queen." She said turning to him.

"Well then its gonna be you." He said grabbing her arm to pull her back to the ship.

"Let go of me." Oriel said angrily, trying to pry his hand away but he was stronger than she was and started to quite literally drag her back to the ship.

"Let go of me right now!" She said digging her feet into the sand to slow him down. But this only made him drag her with two arms.

"I mean it, or I'll . . . I'll-" Oriel didn't know how to finish her threat.

"Go on." He teased. "I can take it." He chuckled.

Obi-Wan finally dragged her all the way back to her bed and walked out the room warning her to stay where she is or he'll finish her threat for her.

Obviously she wasn't going to listen. The minute he left she did too. Well, more like tried to. To her disliking, she found that Obi-Wan had locked the door on her.

"Obi-Wan this isn't funny!" She yelled banging on the door. "Let me out now!" She continued banging, she knew he was there because she could feel his presence but he was ignoring her.

"Please." She begged and then she heard him chuckle.

"Urgh!" She exclaimed and laid back on the bed and he must have been satisfied with himself because she felt his presence leave.

There's more than one way off this ship. She thought, determined to talk to Qui-Gon. She grabbed her lightsaber and started cutting a whole in the door and when she finished, the cut out door fell to the ground, and she cringed at the loud sound it made, hoping Obi-Wan didn't hear it.

If he did then she had to move quickly. Instead of heading to the ramp where she would most definitely run into Obi-Wan, she headed for where the four droids used to be but now there was none.

Fortunately the hatch where the droids could get to the outer ship was still there which she used to climb out.

Each step she climbed hurt like a thousand knives in her stomach but she thought warning Qui-Gon was more important.

After what seemed like a lifetime, she made it out and started her journey to the town she could see in the very far distance.

❆ ❆ ❆

When she finally arrived at the town, she needed to find Qui-Gon and to her surprise the force led her to a pod racing game which Qui-Gon descried in his mastermind plan of his. It looked like someone had just won as the crowd was going wild and she prayed it was that boy.

That's when she spotted Qui-Gon, Jar-Jar, Padme and another women up in one of the birds nests. On her way there she got a lot of stares from the locals, probably because of the way she dressed.

Qui-Gon had disguised himself when he came there, but Oriel didn't have the time. Feeling exposed she threw her hood up and protectively wrapped her cloak around her.

"Your not supposed to be around these parts." A nasally voice said from behind her. When she turned around she saw a ugnuaght man.

"Excuse me?" Oriel asked confused.

"This planet is run by the Hutts, not the Senate." He said, Oriel noticed his hand hovering over his blaster on his belt.

"I'm sorry but I still don't understand." Oriel tried to play dumb.

"Then you're a fool." He said reaching for his blaster but Oriel was quicker and used the force to grab it away and pointed it back at him.

"Then you know what I'm capable of." She said sternly. "I think I'll keep this." Oriel smiled and spun the gun in her hand before fastening it to her belt.

The ugnuaght looked dumbfound as Oriel walked away hiding her laughs.

"Making trouble are we?" Oriel heard a familiar voice say.

"I don't think I'm the one making trouble." She replied seeing Qui-Gon behind her.

"I think you are, walking around on the Hutt's planet dressed like that." He said, his tone teaching her a lesson. "And what use would a Jedi have with a blaster?" He asked holding out his hand.

"Sorry master." Oriel apologised turning over the blaster. "I came here as soon as I could. It's about the boy." She whispered the last part, afraid if anyone would here.

"Come." He said leading her to a more privet space.

"Remember that feeling I told you I was having, a while back?" She begun and he nodded deep in thought.

"Well ever since we got here its been getting stronger and stronger and my gut tells me its got to do with this boy. He's a danger." Oriel finished sincerely.

"Danger? Nonsense." He concluded which made Oriel shocked and almost offended that he had shut her thoughts down so quickly.

"The boy is the chose one." He said explaining the method he used to get his conclusion.

"But what if your wrong. What if his high midi-chlorian count is too strong." She tried to persuade him.

"Young one, I believe strength and danger are two different things." He said patting her shoulder.

"Are they though? Are they really that different?" She asked desperately as the feeling was stronger than ever and she feared where it would lead.

"Great fear I sense in you. You should be cautious young padawan. For fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate leads to suffering." He said and Oriel sighed remembering all the times her master had told her that.

"I know. Just please be careful. Just trust me, something is not right." She pleaded.

"Okay." He said finally. "Now we must get you back to the ship before that gets infected." He said nodding towards her wound which had opened up in her travels.

She was so focused on her feelings that she didn't even feel it hurting.

After Qui-Gon claimed his winnings, Padme and Jar-Jar left back for the ship but no matter how much the handmaiden wanted her to come with them, so she could help heal her, Oriel stayed with Qui-Gon as she wanted to see the boy for herself.

She watched as the boy ran back and hugged his mother one last time and it brought back the memory of when Master Yoda had come to take her to start her training and she subconsciously started twisting her beads in her hair.

When the boy, Anakin, finished hugging his mother they left for the ship and the dangerous feeling was getting stronger and stronger but Oriel didn't see the dangerousness floating around the boy at all. Maybe I was wrong.­ She sighed to herself.

"You're a Jedi too?" Anakin asked in an excited voice. "Indeed I am." She smiled back down at him.

Oriel had always enjoyed the company of kids, but her own were far, far away from what her future looked like as the Jedi Order strictly forbid it.

"Did you do that in battle?" The boy innocently asked looking at the blood stain.

"I did. I got shot by a battle droid." She said excitingly to not burden the boy. He looked at her in awe.

During her recap or their battle to Anakin, she didn't noticed the small speeder that was heading straight for them.

"Anakin duck!" She heard Qui-Gon yell and the sound of a lightsaber being drawn. Two lightsabers being drawn.

The attacker had one too, except his was a dark red colour, the same as his skin.

"Oriel drew her lightsaber as well and started fighting the attacker and Oriel could feel the hate radiating off him. This could mean only one thing. He's a Sith.

After a short time of fighting, the pain of her abdomen was getting almost unbearable. She turned to see their ship taking off.

"Let's go, we don't have time for this." She heard Qui-Gon say so they both ran for their lives and jumped onto the hovering ship ramp.

Qui-Gon had made it up there with ease but because of the soaring pain that Oriel was experiencing, she underestimated the jump and missed.

She squealed a bit, preparing herself for impact but it never came. Instead she felt the familiar iron grip that was dragging her back to her room not too long ago.

She was pulled up and she laid down catching her breath. She pressed her hand to her wound trying to ease the pain.

"I told you to stay." Obi-Wan said appearing to be upside down as he looked over her with a concerned look.

"Like I said, your not my master." She retaliated. She felt the ramp close beneath her but she didn't have the strength to lift herself just yet.

"A little help." She asked Obi-Wan who moved her hand from her stomach so he could asses the damage himself and he could see the blood seeping through her robes.

"After the way you treated me. I don't think so." He said crossing his arms making it sound like she betrayed him by joining the separatists.

Oriel knew what he was waiting for. An apology. She knew he didn't really want one, he just wanted to hear her say it.

"I'm terribly sorry Obi-Wan." She sighed with an annoyed look on her face. This made Obi-Wan smirk.

"You are forgiven." He said in a cocky voice which Oriel hated. He lifted her up bridal style, once again making Oriel's cheeks heat up.

Once she was all patched up again, Obi-Wan pulled up a chair next to Oriel's bed and said he would sit there until she was asleep to make sure she doesn't run off again, even though they were in the middle of space.

Once again, with the presence of Obi-Wan, her mind was completely clear all night, no nightmares came.

(Authors Notes)

I'm enjoying writing this story so much! A please if you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know because I would love to include your ideas!

(Glossary)

Ugnuaght are little people from across the Galaxy with pink skin and white hair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.4K 1.8K 26
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑-π‚π‘πŽπ’π’π„πƒ | ❝WE ARE CURSED TO BE STAR-CROSSED LOVERS, FOR OUR LOVE WAS FORBIDDEN AND FATED TO END TRAGICALLY. A LOVE STORY THAT LASTS A...
944K 27.8K 106
| The Wattys 2022 Shortlist | 𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒆𝒔 π’…π’Šπ’† π’Šπ’ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅? Taken from an early age from her family in Scarif in the Outer...
81.2K 1.7K 34
"I love you.." ---- "I love you too, more than a...
1M 30.7K 69
"Always remember that hatred and love are equally consuming passions, and that in the affairs of the heart there is a fine line between the two." -Ka...