Get A Room!

By BrightSparksBL

Four BoyxBoy Couples ♡♡♡♡ When teens finally move away from home to live on campus, things are bound to get m... More

Author's Note
~:*:~ Character Map ~:*:~
~:*:~ One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eight ~:*:~
~:*:~ Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ten ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eleven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twelve ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fourteen ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifteen ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixteen ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventeen ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighteen ~:*:~
~:*:~ Nineteen ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-Eight ~:*:~
~:*:~ Twenty-Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-Eight ~:*:~
~:*:~ Thirty-Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-Eight ~:*:~
~:*:~ Forty-Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-Eight ~:*:~
~:*:~ Fifty-Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-Eight ~:*:~
~:*:~ Sixty-Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-Eight ~:*:~
~:*:~ Seventy-Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-Eight ~:*:~
~:*:~ Eighty-Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety-One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety-Two ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety-Three ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety-Four ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety-Five ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety-Six ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety-Seven ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety-Eight ~:*:~
~:*:~ Ninety-Nine ~:*:~
~:*:~ One Hundred ~:*:~
~:*:~ One Hundred and One ~:*:~
~:*:~ Bonus Epilogue ~:*:~
What's Next?!

~:*:~ Thirteen ~:*:~

1.5K 90 33
By BrightSparksBL

Jedson

Luck was on my side this morning.

I was just thinking about Bright's most adorable smile when I was suddenly blessed with the very sight itself. He was sitting at a table alone in the library reading a book to pass the time. I was just on my way to grab a coffee from a cart that Ian and Chace recommended, but it hardly seemed worth it now when such a better offer of warmth presented itself.

I immediately entered the library and made my way through the busy students and scattered chairs to Bright's table. He was so engrossed in his story that he hadn't noticed my arrival. I placed my palms on the surface before me and leaned forward. The words in the novel were upside down from my vantage point, but it wasn't hard to make out Sherlock's and Watson's names on the pages.

"It seems we have something in common."

Bright broke free from the pages to see who had interrupted him. He leans his head back and his eyes grow wide. Our faces are now mere inches apart; his nose almost brushed mine and I could feel his warm breath on my lips. If one of us just tilted our heads ever so slightly, we could kiss...

I had never had such a desire to kiss a guy before. But with Bright, it seems I just couldn't help myself.

He moved away, startled by whatever he was feeling. He then scowled at me. "I doubt we have anything in common..."

"I find Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's wit quite amusing too. Sherlock is such a clever character that it often comes off as comical when he explains how he solved the mysteries."

Bright closed the book abruptly, as if that would sever our mutual likeness for the work. It's like he was trying his damnedest to have nothing to do with me.

I pulled out a chair and took a seat across from him. He didn't like that much either.

I pressed on anyways, "So this is where you've been hiding from me these days."

"I'm not hiding from you..."

I raised an eyebrow with amused suspicion. "Aren't you, though?"

His cheeks reddened with embarrassment. "Doesn't seem to matter now... you've found me, right? So what do you want, Jedson?"

I was determined to tease him with my presence. "Can I buy you a coffee?"

"No. I'm fine."

"Can I take you to lunch?"

"I'm not hungry."

"Shall we head back to Massey to join in the next frosh activity?"

"I'm not in the mood to fake merriment..."

"How about we ditch campus to see a movie?"

His short fuse had finally fizzled out. "Enough, Jedson!"

A couple of people shushed in our direction before turning back to their books and studies.

Bright looked exasperated, but all I could do was smile. I liked knowing that I had an effect on him.

Before he could chastise me further, he became distracted by something over my shoulder. I turned to see what it was. There was a table of girls looking our way. They seemed to be gossiping and poking fun at Bright, but then they changed their tune the minute they noticed me staring back. They smiled and waved flirtatiously, hoping to capture my attention and perhaps my phone number.

"They don't seem to like me much." Bright muttered.

I turned back to him. I didn't respond to the girls' advances, both out of principle and because I just wasn't that interested in anyone aside from the boy sitting in front of me. "What's not to like?"

"The fact that I'm taking up all of your attention, for starters."

"That's my choice... you're not taking anything from them."

"And what about my choice?" He sounded a little angry now. "Why can't you just leave me alone, Jedson?"

I leaned in closer, dangerously bridging the distance between us once more. He didn't pull away, but I didn't dare try anything further. "Bright..." I began in a whisper, hoping my careful tone would make my words sound convincing. "Is that what you really want?"

He was silent for a moment as we just stared into each other's eyes. He then seemed to have no control over himself as he let slip, "You make it quite difficult for me to know what I want..."

I wasn't about to let him take back such a statement. Before he could object, I wrapped my hand around his wrist and pulled him up. He was startled, but he didn't fight it. I began walking with his wrist still firmly in my possession. We left the library and those tittering, gossiping girls behind without a second glance.

We walked the length of the campus without hesitation. At some point, and I'm not sure when, my hand slipped from his wrist to find a more comfortable place in his hand. Again, he didn't pull away from the gesture; I think he was too enthralled by the moment to overthink it. I, on the other hand, did notice how other students and faculty on campus stared and chattered about us as we passed by.

There goes the sweetest pairing this campus has ever seen!

Jedson is lucky to land such a beauty as Bright!

I hope they one day become an official couple!

Could this be the start of a great romance?!

Their love is enviable!

They said nothing of the kind, but I preferred thinking kinder sentiments over the real statements that they were making. People tend to be cruel when they choose to be ignorant.

I pulled Bright along faster in hopes that we would reach our destination before he broke out of his stupor. I refused to let these strangers influence our budding relationship.

I finally found the building I was looking for. It belonged to the arts and entertainment department. On the third floor there was a dance studio that was rented out for the afternoon by the committee running the Freshie King and Queen Event. Music was pouring out of the doorway and into the hall as I directed Bright towards the room. He finally fell out of his daze as I let go of his hand. He looked into the studio to find the nominees for King and Queen stretching in preparation for the coming ordeal.

"What's this all about?"

I chuckled at his confusion. "Did you completely ignore everything that was said during the Freshie meeting the other morning?"

"I was still half asleep! It was too early for all that information..." He shot back defensively.

"Well, if you had paid attention, you would have noticed that we have our first dance rehearsal today. I was hoping to find you here, but then it turned out that you were hiding away in the fantastical pages of a book on the other side of campus!"

"Dance rehearsal?! Whatever for?!" He looked genuinely terrified by the idea.

"For the group performance... I think it's the show opener? Or perhaps it's a closing number? I admit that I didn't pay attention to everything in the meeting, either."

"I never agreed to join this ridiculous event! All I promised was that I'd attend the first meeting, which I did! I don't want to be King. I don't have the time-"

"If you have the time to read mystery novels for pleasure, then surely you can play along with this event. Everyone is counting on you, Bright!"

"It's still early; it's not too late to pick a new candidate for Massey residence..." He offered feebly.

"Your name has already been announced online, so please just play along! For my sake, if nothing more! I don't think I'd have nearly as much fun doing this without you by my side."

"I don't think-"

"Dance with me."

This startled him, and I must admit that I startled myself with the request.

He stumbled over his words, "Wh-... what do-... why would... you...?"

"Dance with me, Bright." I repeated firmly with my hand held out for him to take.

He took a weary step away from me. His eyes were wide in fear.

I messed up big time; I shouldn't have asked. Dancing together was a frightening notion for him, especially with all these people watching. He looked like he was about to run for the hills, and I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to convince him to return for the Freshie contest after this.

But Leona seemed to glide into the room at precisely the right moment. She must have overheard my dance request and now saw how Bright was reacting to it. To stop him from leaving entirely, she slipped her arm around Bright's and held on to him tightly.

She smiled beautifully as she said, "There you are, Bright! I believe the two of us have been paired up for the group dance, so why don't we start practising together now. Come along!"

She gently led him towards the other dancers. When Bright wasn't looking, she looked over her shoulder to give me a quick wink of reassurance. I mouthed the words thank you before heaving a huge sigh of relief.

I'd have to be more careful in the future if I wanted to keep Bright by my side.

Hello lovelies!!!

Anyone read the Sherlock mysteries? It's one of my favourites 😍 also the show with Cumberbatch and Freeman is brilliant! 🧐

Is Jedson coming on too strong? Should he pull back as per Bright's verbal request, or keep going forward given Bright's positive physical reactions? (If Bright truly hated getting Jedson's attention, would he have let him drag him across campus hand in hand? 😏)

I LOVE LEONA ❤️
Honestly she's one of my fav characters that I've written for this book. I know you guys haven't seen much of her yet, but even just these little moments she's had so far show how loyal and friendly she is. She's the type of girl that you want in your life!

Are we excited to see Bright open up to Jedson's advances?! Or will he continue to shut him down?

Thanks for the chat!
Please follow, comment and vote 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70K 2.4K 43
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...
95.1K 4.9K 29
Jamie is excited to finally be on campus. It's time to find his kind of people - gay, that is. Instead, he finds a blindingly handsome straight guy w...
33.9K 2.2K 51
Phillip is awkward at best. His hair's a mess, his style more than dated, and when it comes to picking up women, he fails every time. Phillip thinks...
61.4K 4.4K 44
Going into his second year of college, Tee is flying high. His studies are getting harder, but he can handle it. He has managed to get almost every...