Gurya (Doll) / Ehsas e Talluq...

Autorstwa Rohahatim

Not mature. Rated it to prevent it being posted on teen sites. Cringy unedited first draft that I, as the wri... Więcej

Character Aesthetics
Part-1
Part-2
Part-3
Part-4
Part-5
Part-6
Part-7
Part-8
Part-9
Part-10
Part-11
Part-12
Part-13
Part-14
Part-15
Part-16
Part-17
Part-18
Part-19
Part-20
Part-21
Part-22
Part-23
Part-24
Part-25
Part-26
Part-27
Part-28
Part-29
Part-30
Part-31
Part-32
Part-33
Sneak Peak
Part-34
Part-35
Part-36
Part 37
Part-38
Part-39
Part-40
Part 41
Part-42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Memes
Sneak Peak
Part-56
Memes - SneakPeak
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
I got tagged x Sneak Peak
Part 60
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65.1
Part 65.2
Part 66
Part 67
Why Am I not updating
Part 68
Part-69
Coco-1
Part-70
Part-71
Coco/Nazneen-2
Memes
Ep 72
Ep 73
Trigger Warnings for the story
Ep 74
Ep 75
EP 76
Help
Name change
Ep 77
EP 78
Ep 79
EP 80
EP 81
EP 82
EP 83
Announcement
EP-84
EP-85
EP-86
EP 87.1
EP 87.2
EP 87.3

Part 61

3.1K 208 408
Autorstwa Rohahatim

It was night time. She had come from Ali's house a few minutes ago. Hoor was sleeping in the bed and she was sitting on the study table. She had turned her study table's lamp on. She had not written her diary yesterday and she wanted to write it today. Her diary was the place where she wrote all her thoughts, ideas and feelings. She loved writing. She started writing a diary for yesterday and today.

(Text written below. Contains grammatical mistakes because she's 7.)

Feb 13:

Today is Feb 13 but i write diary of feb 12. I went to park. I play with Ali. He is my best friend. I race with him. I win the race. Meeru play in dirty water. I love meeru.

             At night when i wake up Hoor phupho were crying. i hug her and tell her i love her. She dont want to marry and leave us. When i grow up i will not marry.

End

Feb 13

Today i go to Ali's house with chachu. I say no first but then i go. Meeru cry when i say no. I do not like her cry. I had homework but baba tell me so i go. Ali help me but his answer was wrong so hasan mamu help me. Baba did not buy me cats. He forget me. i am not talking to him.

(Diary ends)

She put her pencil inside the pouch, closed her diary and went to sleep. She had school tomorrow.

—————————————

Momal was sitting on the dining table having her breakfast before school. She was eating toast with tea and was ready in her uniform. It was Friday, and she would be free early.

<On fridays schools close earlier than regular time in Pakistan due to Jumma Prayer.>

< I need toast and tea too.>

Ayaan entered the dining room and smiled seeing her sitting there. She was the dearest to him in the whole world. He pressed a kiss to her head and sat on a chair near her. He noticed that she had not done salam to him today. He decided to do it first. It was not a big deal.

"Assalam o Alaikum." There was no reply. Now this was a big deal.

"What happened Momi?" His concerned eyes were revolving around her face. She looked up at him and then averted her eyes back to breakfast. She was not talking to him.

"Momi?" Ayaan raised his eyebrows at her.

"I am not talking to you." She mumbled and did not look up at him this time. Ayaan was confused. He started thinking about the reasons she was not talking to him but wasn't sure about any.

"But why?" He found it best to ask her. She knew better.

"You do not bring me cats. You promise me but you did not fulfilled it. You only cared about her now." Momal's eyes brimmed with tears. She sniffed, wiped her eyes and ran away from the table before he could say anything. She opened the inside door, and sat on the stairs outside. She wrapped her arms around her knees, put her head on them and started crying.

Ayaan stayed there where he was. He had not forgotten about the cats. He had talked to someone about a special breed of cats and it was taking time. He should have let her know about it. His mind focused on that one word she used. Her. It was getting wrong. He married Wania for the kids, the same reason Wania married him. But Momal was not bonding with Wania. Instead she was thinking bad about her.

What Ayaan did not realize was that Momal needed her father. She wanted her father, and not a step mother.

Ayaan stood up and went to look for her. He had heard the sound of the inside door opening when she ran away, so he moved there. She must be in the lawn, he thought. He opened the door, and she was not in the lawn. She was sitting on the stairs. There were only 2 stairs to go down towards the lawn. His heart sank with every hiccup he heard. He always did something wrong and unintentionally hurt the one he loved the most. He sighed and sat beside her. He pulled her into his lap and hugged her tightly. He wiped her eyes and kissed her cheek.

"I did buy cats for you. It's just they're a special breed so they're taking some time to come. I didn't forget." He put her head on his chest and placed one hand on her cheek and other around her.

"I—I do—don't— want spe—special....I just—want—cat."

Ayaan had realized something at that moment. She was a kid, who wanted a cat. Just a cat. She had not divided them into breeds and classes. For her, all of them were just cats. Kids were innocent. They didn't care about the breeds etc. It was adults who had divided animals and humans into breeds, castes and races and treated them according to their colours and castes. She did not care about anything.

"Okay okay. Don't cry. Your cat will be here soon, Insha Allah. I promise." He patted her cheek. They Stayed there in silence as he passed his finger through her hair. It was morning. The birds were chirping. After about fifteen minutes, he looked down to see Momal sleeping in his lap. A small smile appeared on his lips along with the tears in his eyes. He kissed her forehead.

"Baba loves you. A lot."

He checked his watch. It was time for her to go school. He glanced at her sleeping form.

She goes to school everyday. But she does not sleep in his lap everyday.

It was okay if she didn't go to school. He didn't want her to go. He wanted to cherish this moment until she grew up and never sleeps in his arms again. She was already growing. It felt like yesterday when she held her for the first time in his arms. She was sleeping that time too. It had been 7 years, she was still sleeping in his arms. But a lot has changed today. He could not bring back the lost time, but he could make the most of what he had.

—-----------------------------------------

"Meeru breakfast cook krlia hai" She told him who was making tea for his and her breakfast while she was peeling bananas. She had peeled them and was informing him.

(Meeru has cooked breakfast.)

"Thank you so much mam." He picked up the plate and put it inside the fridge.

"Wecome." Her reply made him smile as he poured the tea into cups and put everything in the tray. They had woken up a few moments ago, and were in the kitchen.

Arsalan picked the tray and went to the lounge while she went behind him. He pulled a chair beside him close so she could sit. After a few minutes, they were done with breakfast. He kissed her cheeks and dropped her on the floor so she could go and play but he knew she would first go to Oor Phupho and Momi's room.

"Meeru momi ko see krna hai" She told him and ran towards the room. He just nodded with a smile.

(Meeru has to see momi)

There were some days when Momal did not go to school. Those days were saturday and sunday in grown up's language but for her it were some random days where momi surprised her. She checked the room everyday after breakfast to see if she was home or not. Sometimes she was, and sometimes she was not. There were days when Momi wasn't there but Oor phupho was, and if Oor phupho wasn't there, Momi was. The best days were the ones where both of them were there and she'd run and climb on the bed between them and wake them up. The worst days were when no one was there. She did not like those days. She was sad on those days.

She opened the door and Momi was not there, but Oor phupho was there. She went to her and held her nose.

"Oor phupho utho goodmorning time hai."

Hoor opened her eyes and squinted her eyes at her. Meerub squinted her eyes back and Hoor laughed out loud even while half asleep. She held her hand from her nose and kissed it.

(Oor phupho wake up it's good morning time.)

"Uth gayi, aur koi hukam mam?" Hoor sat up and pulled her into her lap, kissing her cheeks. Meerub did not say anything. Hoor put her down and went to the washroom while Meerub ran to the lounge to play and see off her tatu. Arsalan was getting ready in his room.

(I woke up, anything else mam?)

After a few minutes, he entered the lounge and she was playing with a doll. She looked up and he opened his arms. She left her doll and ran to him with a full blown smile.

"Meri jaaan." He picked her up and twirled her around, then kissed her on both cheeks and forehead. He hugged her tightly,then dropped to the floor after a few seconds.

(My World.)

"Allafiz tatu" She waved her small hand at him and he waved his hand back.

"Allah Hafiz meeru." He passed a flying kiss and left after receiving one back.

Arsalan stopped after opening the door as his eyes fell on his brother who was sitting on the stairs with Momal sleeping in his lap.

"Bhai?" Arsalan moved ahead and sat on the same stair beside him and kissed Momal's forehead.

"What happened?"

"Nothing. She just slept in my lap and I didn't want to wake her up." Ayaan smiled at his question and caressed her hair.

"Let me bring the little one. She'll be so happy to see that her sister did not go to school." Ayaan smiled at his excitement when he left. These were Arsalan's small moments of happiness where he could make Meerub happy.

Arsalan went back inside and picked her up from behind who giggled. "Meeru kaha jarai hai?" She asked when he picked her up. He didn't reply and took her outside. Her eyes lit up seeing her sister.

(Where's meeru going?)

"Momiii" She started wiggling in Arsalan's hold to go to her and he dropped her on the floor. She ran and stood beside Ayaan. Ayaan pulled her a little close and kissed her cheek.

"Momi not go school?" She asked Ayaan.

"No. Momi surprise Meeru." Meerub giggled and jumped in excitement. She was happy.

"But Momi is sleeping. Meeru will not disturb her. Ok?" Ayaan asked her and she nodded.

"Meeru good girl hai." Ayaan nodded at the important information and stood up to drop Momal into the bed. He had work in about an hour.

(Meeru is good girl)

Arsalan bid them bye and left for his office. The office was a formality. He was mostly on shoots as he was a photographer, or on press conferences. He only wrote articles at the office, those too he wrote at home mostly.

————————

He entered his house at around 3 p.m. with a cat and 4 kittens. It was just yesterday when Momal had complained to him about the cats, and he had brought some today. Momal was home since it was Saturday. He took the pack of cat food out, poured some into different bowls,opened the cages and let them free. They were in a cage to bring them in the car easily.

He went inside and saw meerub sleeping on the floor. He pulled the cover from the sofa and covered her with it, and also placed a sofa cushion under her head. He went inside, and opened Hoor's room. She was at work, he knew. Momal was looking through a comic book while sitting on the bed. She looked up when the door opened. She had not seen Ayaan after sleeping yesterday. He arrived late from work, and she was already asleep. Today morning he left early even before she woke up.

She put the book aside and sat up, looking down. She did not say anything. He sighed and moved ahead, sitting in front of her on the bed.

"I brought you a gift." He held her hand and asked her to come with him. She stood up and went behind him. He opened the door and let her out. Her eyes fell on the cat and they widened. She smiled widely and turned to him.

"She's mine?" She asked excitedly and he nodded.

"Yes, yours."

"Thank you." She smiled and was about to run to them when he held her.

"Noo. If you run to her suddenly she'll be scared. Go with ease, take this food bag from here and give her some." She picked it and went ahead while Ayaan walked behind her. She stopped when she saw 4 kittens. Her mouth hung open with shock as she turned back to Ayaan.

"I didn't want to separate the mother from the kids." Ayaan told her and the light in her eyes dimmed. Ayaan did not like it.

"I know how it feels." Momal's comment hurt like hell but he gave a small smile anyway.

"When Allah takes something, He gives you something back as well." He bent towards her and patted her head.

"What do Allah give me?" She asked innocently.

"You'll know soon. You have to find it." He kissed her head and left towards the gate as he had some important stuff to do. Ahil had to do a surgery so he was supposed to go instead of him to a meeting.

Momal diverted her attention back to the cat and kittens and gave them some cat food . There was no milk there so she went inside the house to bring some. She took out the milk packet and went out. She spent the next hour feeding them and playing with them.

——————

It was about an hour later when she decided to go inside. She had given the whole pack of milk to the cats because they were five and they needed more milk. She had placed a bowl of milk in the garage under the roof so they stay there in case it starts raining. She decided to build a small house for them soon so they're not cold even when it rains or there is strong wind.

She was moving towards the lounge when she bumped into Meerub who had just woken up and was running. Meerub placed a hand on her forehead and made a face.

"Momi see krke walk kro. Meeru ko hurt hua." Meerub frowned and complained. Momal rubbed her hand on her forehead and kissed it.

(Momi, walk while looking. Meeru is hurt.)

That was the moment when she realized what did Allah give her when He took her mother away. If there was a person for whom Momal Ayaan Khan could do anything, it was definitely Meerub Ayaan Khan. She was the most precious thing in Momal Ayaan Khan's life.

"Ok Ok sorry meeru. I love U." She hugged her.

"Meeru love u too not." The little one was now naraaz as she made a face. Momal pouted.

"Meeru cats k sth play krna hai?" Momal asked in her broken urdu. Whenever she tried to speak urdu in her school, others would laugh so she stopped trying but with meeru she did.

Her meeru never laughed at her like others.

(Meeru do you want to play with cats?)

"Mano my new friend. Mano pas cat hai." Meerub forgot she was angry. She only remembered Momal was talking about cats and Mano had cats.

(...Mano has cat.)

"Yes. Now meeru k pas b cat hai." Momal held her hand and took her with her, who immediately went with Momal. Momal brought her to the cats who giggled and jumped in excitement. She did not know how to show her excitement. She was too happy.

(Yes. Now meeru has cat too.)

"Ye meeru ki cats." She pointed at them with a smile and Momal nodded. She went ahead and kissed her. The little one was no longer angry with her.

(This Meeru's cats?)

"Tatuuuu." Meerub shouted and ran inside to tell Arsalan about the cats. It was a Saturday and he was home.

Arsalan could hear 'tatu, tatu' from his room all the way until she entered his room and ran to him.

"Tatu —-come —see meeru —ki cats an— play meeru k —sath." She  said between breaths. She was panting after running. Arsalan poured the juice and gave it to her to sit and drink. She drank it and then asked him to come again.

(Tatu—-come—-see meeru's—-cats and—play with meeru.)

"I am doing office work."  He told her and she frowned, stomping her foot.

"No. No office. Play meeru k sath an come see meeru k cats." He was already sure about her reaction when he said no but her cute little frown was something he loved to see.

(...Play with meeru and come see meeru's cats.)

"Ok." He put his laptop aside and stood up.

"Tatu good boy hai." Arsalan laughed and picked her up. If she was a good girl when she listened to him, then he was also a good boy when he listened to her.

(Tatu is a good boy.)

—----------------------------------------

She waited for the door to open after pressing the bell. It was  Wania and Ayaan's Nikkah announcement and she was there in the morning as she was not only the groom's only sister, but also the eldest daughter in law of the bride's family. Surprisingly, she did not have work today. She had a night shift after the ceremony, and she was supposed to get sleep during the day to function but she decided to see it later.

"Kon?"

(Who?)

"Hoor." The door opened and the person who opened the door looked here and there as if searching for someone or something.

"Kia dhund rhy hain?" She frowned and looked here and there.

(What are you looking for?)

"Nahi, kuch khas nai." He shook his head and Hoor nodded.

(No, nothing special.)

She had just taken a step to enter when-

"Wo abhi ksi ne bola tha bahir Hoor hai, wohi dhund rha tha. Mjhy to door door tk koi Hoor nazar nai ayi, han ek chudail zuroor nazar ayi hai.  Tumne dekhi koi Hoor?" His calm taunt made her burn and she glared at him. She thought of a good comeback but couldn't get any soon.

(Actually someone just said there is a Hoor outside, I was looking for it. I can't see any Hoor as far as my vision goes, but yes I can see a witch. Did you see any Hoor?)

<Hoor means a young pretty woman of paradise.)

"Ye udhaar raha mere pe, bht bura jawab doongi." She entered the house angrily while he shook his head.

(This one is a loan on me, I'll give a very bad reply)

"Pehle bhi bura karne ka irada kia tha, sas toh sas, sas ke bety ke samne bhi beizzati hogyi thi."

(You planned to do bad previously too, not just mother in law you got insulted in front of mother in law's son too.)

"SHUTUP." She did not turn and kept walking angrily.

"Gaari to andr krdo." He called her from behind and she stopped. She turned and threw the keys at him but he catched them.

(At least Park the car inside.)

"Main Nokar Nahi Hun Tumhara"
(I'm not your servant.)

"But main mehmaan hu, mehmaan Allah ki rehmat hoty hain"

(But I am a guest. Guests are a blessing from Allah.)

" Tumharay jaisy to zehmat hi hoskty hain jo roz mu utha ke ajayen bataye bagher."

(The ones like you can only be a test who comes every other day without telling.)

"Meri marzi. Main btaye bgher hi aungi. Mujhse fuzool na bola kren."

(My choice. I'll come without telling you. Don't talk nonsense with me.)

"Haan musibatain aur azmaishain bina btaye hi ati hain, ab miss call dene se to rahin."

( Yes problems and difficulties come without telling, of course they cannot make a missed call.)

Hoor fisted her hands but then angrily went inside. She was not going to forget this!!!

Ahil moved outside to park the car in the garage. The relief he felt after pissing her off couldn't be described in words. He also felt angry after meeting her since they argued every time they met. It was mixed feelings.

———————

He was sitting in the lounge, all ready to leave, but waiting for others to be ready. Dawat's time was two hours later. He was wearing a black shalwar Kameez.

"Chachu," He frowned. Only one person in the world called him chachu, this voice belonged to someone who called him tatu. He shook his head, he heard it wrong.

He turned his eyes to the right where she was running to him. He covered his face in his hands. He looked up and smiled seeing her wearing a black shalwar Kameez with a small dupatta. He opened his arms and picked her up who giggled. He kissed her cheeks.

"My baby is matching with me today." He hugged her. This was the first time he'd seen her in shalwar Kameez and he felt like his heart would burst with cuteness.

"Chachu." No. He heard it right. Did she learn to call him chachu?

"What? Phir se bolna?" He pulled her back and asked with wide eyes.

(...say it again?)

"Chachu"

"Say it again. Chachu's gonna cry now. My baby finally called me chachu after calling me tatu for long." He twirled her around with tears in his eyes and both of them laughed. She had finally learnt to call him chachu. He was the happiest. He had been waiting for this day since she was born.

He couldn't be happier. His brother was moving on with his life, his father was out of jail, and his sister had become a doctor and was getting married into a good family. His younger niece called him Chachu for the first time while the elder one had started school and was a bright student. After years of seeing everyone separated and suffering, everything was getting fine. He was a family man and nothing was more precious to him except his family. He loved them more than anything.

He took a few notes out and passed them over her head.

"Ye meeru ka." She forwarded her hand to take it. Everything was 'meeru ka'.

(This meeru's....Meeru's)

"Yes, ye meeru ka sadqa. I'll give you another one. You can't have this." He hugged her tightly.

(...This is meeru's sadaqah...)

< Sadqah is money given to poor and needy to get the evil eye off someone.>

He put them back and another note to give her.

"Ye chachu bolne ki khushi me" He kissed her again. He was over the moon . She took it and held it in her hand.

( This is a treat for calling me chachu)

Actually previously after a function Meerub had fallen ill and he did not want to risk it today so he was giving sadaqah before the function.

His eyes fell on Momal who just came into the lounge. He dropped Meerub on the floor and moved to her. She was wearing a shalwar Kameez too. He was seeing them in shalwar Kameez for the first time. He bent down and picked her up. She smiled and he kissed her cheek too. She was happy since Ayaan brought her cats 4 days ago. He passed some notes over her head too and put them back in his pocket. He would give them to someone in need on the way. He also took a note and gave it to her.

He did not know whom he loved more. If Meerab was like his own daughter then Momal was his first niece and the one he spent so much time with. He loved them both, alot.

—-------------------

"Ladies to the right because they're always right, gents to the left." He hugged the males in the guests and stood back at his place.

Wearing a white Shalwar Kameez, he was standing at the door to receive the guests for the dawat. He smiled at the next guests but it faded seeing her. It had been more than a week since their argument, he had gone to her office once but she had not tried to contact him even after he did. He decided not to contact and give her some space. Maybe that's what she wants. His eyes moved to her dress. It was the one he bought her to wear on Sunday for their date but the date never happened. He averted his eyes and shook hands with Eshal and Maryam.

"Ladies to–" He stopped. They were not any random guests, they were his in-laws. He directed with his hand and moved inside with them. His relationship with Raima was not supposed to be visible to the families.

About 15 minutes after coming back to the main gate, he felt someone stand beside him. He could see it was her in his peripheral vision.

"Ladies to the right." He was looking straight while he said it. He thought she didn't know the way to the female's section.

It was a stupid thought but he still decided to think it. He did not want his heart to think of something good i.e she came to meet him. It all hurts a lot at the end when you realise it was not what you were thinking.

"I don't want to go to the ladies section." She mumbled.

"Ok. Gents to the left." Raima's ears turned red at the embarrassment.

"I want to go to my place." He frowned but did not turn. Does she want to go home? She'd just come.

"Go Then. But the dawat hasn't even started yet." He shrugged. He could not stop her.

"I am at my place." He frowned again but still did not dare to turn towards her.

"What do you mean?"

"My place is beside you. I want to stand with you."

Oh this woman, he thought. She always hurt him but he always melted at the way she'd make up. She was good at words, he thought.

Before he could reply, some guests arrived. He met them and then stood back. She was still standing beside him during all this and he had still not turned towards her.

A few seconds later he felt a little weight on his shoulder as she silently put her head on his shoulder.

He still did not turn towards her.

He just silently placed his head on hers, but did not turn.

They did not need any confession, any more argument to prove or any blame game. They knew they were looking for this peace that they found in each other. No more words were required. No explanations needed.

—---------------------------------------

"Hoor ab tum b change krlo, tayyari hogyi hai khana b bangya hai.''

( Hoor you change now too. Everything's ready and food is cooked too.)

Hoor's mother in law asked her to change and get ready for the event. She had helped her cook, and in other house chores since she didn't want Wania to be busy with these. It was her event, she was to get ready as well as take care of the kids.

Ayaan and Arsalan had not arrived yet. Ayaan was at work in the morning, Ahil would go in the evening since Ayaan was supposed to be there as he was the groom, and Hoor had a night shift with Ahil. Ahil
was supposed to go like 4 hours before her.

"Ok." Hoor nodded and took her dress to go and change.

"Ahil ke room ke washroom me badal lena, Wania ka busy hoga  Mano ko nehla rahi ha wo."

Her mother in law knew she would've gone to Wania's room. She could've directly asked her to go to Ahil's room since he's her husband but she didn't want to start a lecture. Moreover, Wania was actually busy with Mahnoor.

( Change in Ahil's room's washroom. Wania's one will be busy, she is giving Mano a bath.)

"Um- "

"Mujhse behes nai krni Hoor." Her mother in law said while cleaning the bed and Hoor nodded. She was a mother figure for Hoor, and she loved her mother in law.  She could not say no to her. It was a different case if it was mother in law's son instead of mother in law. She left towards his room.

(Don't argue with me, Hoor)

< Sasu Ma knows her :p >
(Sasu Ma = Mother in law)

There was no answer when she knocked so she decided to just enter. The room was empty. She took a breath of relief. She didn't want to see his face and ruin her mood. The room had a double bed, side tables on the sides and a sofa in front of the bed against the wall. The large windows were opened and covered with blue curtains. There was no carpet. She moved ahead and went to the washroom after scanning the room.

Ahil came back to his room after spending some time in the lounge with Ali, watching Tom and Jerry. He decided to change into shalwar Kameez for the event now. He tried to open the door of his washroom but it was locked . Who was there? He frowned but then turned back to the room and sat on the bed waiting for the door to open.

After about 6 minutes, the door opened. He looked up to see her coming out of the door, dressed in a green embroidered shalwar Kameez. He frowned and she made a face when she saw him in the room and moved ahead.

"Tum kia krrhi thi andr?" He glared at her. It was a stupid question that he realized after asking but the damage was done.

(What were you doing inside?)

"Apne Kaam se Kaam rakh rhi thi, aap bhi kabhi koshish krke dekhiyega." Hoor was already angry and here this stupid man was asking stupid questions.

(I was minding my own business, you try it too some time.)

"Shutup. Aur koi room nai tha?"  Shutup was now something he couldn't stay without using at least once in every argument with her.

(...Was there no room other than this?)

"Meri baat sunen, mujhay na koi shoq ha is kamre me ane ka aur na hi apke chehre ka deedar karne ka. Aunty ne bola tha toh mjhy ana para." 

(Listen to me, I have no interest in either coming to this room or seeing your face. Aunty asked me so I had to come.)

"Ab to saari zindagi hi isi kamre me rehna hai, aur isi chehre ka deedar bhi krna hai, kia krogi phr? Us waqt toh AUNTY ka sahara b nai hoga." Shots fired. Shots fired.

He shrugged and she clenched her fists. This man was testing her today.

(Now you have to stay your whole life in this room, and also see this face your whole life, what will you do then? There won't be an excuse of Aunty then either.)

"Aunty ke betay ka jeena haram krdugi takay na is kamre me aye na mjhy unke chehre ka deedar karna paray. Waise b is chehry p 24/7 phatkaar baras rahi hoti hai"

She did not give him a chance and immediately left the room. He was having good comebacks today and she decided to avoid it to not let him win. She had already been very embarrassed today.

(I'll make the life of the aunt's son hell so neither he comes to the room nor I have to see his face. Also this face has a curse raining over it.)

'Fazool admi'

(Useless Man.)

Ahil glared at the closed door and went to the washroom. He had changed when his eyes fell on a pair of earrings that she changed and left there. He glared at them as if it was her.

She was no longer just stubborn, ziddi, badtameez, bad lihz and moonh phat, but careless too. Though he had already given her this nick when she burnt her hand on the kids' birthday but now it was official.

(...stubborn, mannerless, ill mannered, big mouthed...)

He picked them up and went into the room. He opened a drawer and put them inside so they don't get lost. But he was not giving it to her since she should be more careful about her belongings and not leave anywhere.

—————

"Dada see meeru wear sawar kameez"

Meerub twirled around to show her paternal grandfather her new dress but the twirl didn't go well as she fell down on the floor. Her grandfather laughed, picked her up and wiped the little dust off her dress.

"Itni si to poti hai dada ki, khud ko sambhala ni jata aur ye dupatta b lelia." He kissed her cheek.

(Dada's granddaughter is so small, can't handle herself and took this dupatta too now.)

< Dupatta is a piece of cloth with dresses >

"Ye dupatta rkhdo. Gir jaogi."

(Leave this dupatta, you'll fall.)

"Nooo ye meeru ka dapta hai....an chachu say meeru strong girl hai...meeru ko dabta maz prhni hai '' Dilawar Khan just laughed. Arsalan had told everyone in the house that she called him chachu. He went outside with her to leave for Wania's house.  They didn't want to be late. (Maz = Namaz)

<She's talking about praying in dupatta>

(Noo this is Meeru's dapta...an chachu say meeru is strong girl...meeru has to pray in dapta.)

Arsalan entered the house with Meerub on his shoulder & Momal holding his hand. He was with his father and the girls since Ayaan was at work. Haleema and her daughters also came since Wania and Ayaan both had kids and throughout the function Haleema could help take care of the kids.

Ali was playing around in the small lawn with his cats and feeding them. Momal left Arsalan's hand and ran towards the lawn but—

"Momi meeru ko b jana" A whine made her stop as she turned back. Meeru had made a sad face because Momi had forgotten her and not taken meeru with her. How can Momi leave her?

(Momi meeru has to come too.)

Momal went to Arsalan who shook his head and dropped Meerub on the floor. Momal held her hand and took her with herself to the lawn. Ali's eyes twinkled seeing them. He was waiting for them especially his best friend.

"Sit." He patted on the grass beside him. Momal sat on the grass beside him and Meerub sat in Momal's lap. Momal frowned a little but she could never push her away so she placed her arms around her.

"Baba buy cats for me. It is one big cat and she has 4 babies. They are very cute." Momal told him happily.

"Mjhy b dekhna hai usy." Ali was also excited to see the cats.

(I want to see it too.)

"Ali meeru k pas cats hai" Ali pinched her cheeks.

(Ali meeru has cats.)

"Mano andar hai ja kr khel lo." Meerub's eyes twinkled at Mano's name. She immediately stood up and ran inside chanting 'mano'.

(Mano is inside. You can play)

"Mama meeru k pas cats hai" Meerub was playing on the floor with Mahnoor and Umair when she realized she had not told her mama about the cats. Wania smiled and nodded.

(Mama meeru has cats.)

"Wow. That's good."

Meerub smiled and then got busy with playing again. They had arrived half an hour ago and the kids were in Wania's room except for Momal and Ali. They were in the lawn playing, talking and drinking juices.

"Zaviyar Beta" Ali turned his head around swiftly at the voice. He stood up and ran towards the owner of the voice.

(Beta = Son)

"Dado" He hugged her as she was in her wheelchair. The death of her only son had led her to this point. She could walk with sticks but not much.

(Paternal Grandmother)

"Dado ka beta" She cupped his face in her frail hands and kissed his cheeks as her eyes brimmed with tears. Even after all these months of his death, she could not stop herself from crying whenever she thought of him. Afterall, she was the mother. His father's sister who was standing beside her mother picked him up and kissed him hard and then wiped her face while turning her face away. It was not easy but they were here because Wania had invited them and she wanted them to be there. Her husband placed a hand on her shoulder to tell her he's there. She sniffed and nodded.

(Dado's son.)

Momal had also come to them by that time. His grandmother and aunt knew her by now. She also met them and then they went inside.

"Why she call you zavar? Your name is Ali." Momal asked him when they had left inside but Momal and Ali were in the lawn.

"My name is Zaviyar Ali Ahmed. Baba ko zaviyar acha laga and mama ko ali toh dono name hogye." He told her and went back to the cats. Momal also went behind him and took a cat in her hands. She started caressing her while talking to him about random stuff.

(...baba liked zaviyar and mama liked Ali so both names.)

Since Ahmad was no more and Wania had a habit of calling him Ali, everyone in the house called him Ali but his father's family still called him Zaviyar.

———————————

"Ammi." Wania called her mother in law as she saw her entering and bent in front of her who put her hand on Wania's head and gave her prayers.

"Ammi ko mery Kamre me le ao, and tum b ajao." Wania hugged her ex sister in law and told her. She took them towards her room. Her sister in law, Rabia, sat on the floor with the little ones while Wania made her ex mother in law sit on the bed so she does not feel tired and laid beside her.

(Bring Ammi to my room and you come too.)

"Tum tayyar nhi hui?" Wania had no answer to this question. She just did not want to change or dress up or be a part of this event. Her mother had asked her twice but then left her on her own since she could not force her to change. She was not a kid.

(You didn't get ready?)

"Kuch poocha hai?" She asked again and Rabia decided to take the toddlers out to give them space to talk.

(I asked you something.)

"Bas dil nahi kr rha tha." Wania mumbled.
(I just didn't want to.)

"Kiun"
(Why?)

"It's not easy, Ammi. Mujhse ni horha. I don't feel like getting ready and going in front of everyone." Wania pressed her face into the cushion.

(... I can't do it...)

"I miss him. I miss him alot. I can't bring myself to move on. I had thought I'd move on and  I made the decision for the kids but it's becoming difficult. It's not easy. I married only for the kids then why do I have to go in front of everyone as a bride? I am not Ayaan's wife. I am only the mother of the kids. I don't want to be anything except being a mother." Wania was hiccuping and her mother in law patted her head.

"Kia mere lye asaan tha tumhy ksii aur ki dulhan ban k dekhna jabke tum mery betay ki biwi thee? Likin main ayi hun, tumhary lye aur bachon ke lye. Isi tarah tumne b ye qadam apne bachon ke liye lia hai....Mushkil lagyga zuroor lagyga...Kabhi mushkil kabi asaan kabi acha kabhi bura...zindagi ek si nai rehti na hi hamesha sb acha rehta na hamesha sab bura rehta hai..." She passed a hand through her hairs as she said those words softly. Wania was feeling a little calm from the words.

(Was it easy for me to see you as someone's bride when you were my son's wife? But I came for you and the kids. Same way you have to do it for the kids....it will seem difficult it definitely will...sometimes difficult sometimes easy sometimes good other times bad...life doesn't remain the same...neither everything remains good always nor everything remains bad forever)

"Meri Jagah tumhy koi aur ye sb kehta toh tmhy lagta koi tumhy samajhta nahi hai ya tumhari takleef ka andaza nahi kar sakta...Kia ab bhi yahi samjhogi? Main ye nahi kehti fazool na socho kiunke uspe ikhtyar nahi tumhara...likin koshish kro...zyada nai thori hi sahi...Bacho k lye tayyar hojao wo kitne khush hain apne doston ke saath...chalo shabbash." Wania removed her face from the pillow and sat up. She wiped her face.

(If someone else instead of me had told all this to you, you would have thought no one understands you or your pain...Will you think the same now too? I am not saying to not think anything wrong...you don't have control over the thoughts..but try...if not much then a little bit...Go get ready for the kids they're so happy with their friend....very good now go.)

"Aur khud se aik waada kro...ke jo rishta bacho ke lye banaya hai...usy usse agay barhaogi." Wania looked at her confused.

(Promise yourself one thing...that the relationship you made for the kids...you'll take it forward.)

"Kia matlab?"
(What do you mean?)

"Matlab ye ke Ayaan ko sirf apne bachon ke lye ek baap ke allawa bhi dekhogi...Usy apne shohar ki tarah dekhogi." Wania stared at her for a few seconds and then shook her head in no.

(Means that you'll see Ayaan as someone other than the kids' father too...you'll see him as your husband.)

"Nahi ammi, ye main nahi krsakti. We're in this for the kids. We don't want to have any expectations from each other."

(No mom, I can't do this....)

"Chalo, ye na kro. Ye krlo ke ek din is baaray me sochogi. Wo din kabhi bhi asakta hai. Main janti hu tmhy waqt chahye hoga wo waqt lo zuroor lo wo lena zuroori ha kiuke waqt chahye hota hai. Ye waqt kuch hafton, mahino se le kr saal ka arsa b hoskta ha likin kabhi na kabhi zuroor ayega. Bas ye soch kr is rishte ko agay barhao...Khud se ek waada kro k agar Kabhi Ayaan ko bachon ke baba se barh kr ek shohar ki tarah dekha...toh apne sochon ko jhatakne ki koshish nai krogi...balke unpe ghor krogi..."

(Ok don't do this. Do this that you'll think about it one day...That day can come anytime. I know you need time. Take that time because it is important to take time. This time can be of few weeks, months or years but it will come day. Just move ahead in this relationship with these thoughts...Promise yourself that if you ever start seeing him more than just a father of kids', you won't try to shake the thoughts away...instead you'll focus on them.)

"Ammi" Wania sighed and closed her eyes.

"Bas ab bht hogya. Jao ja kr change krke ache se tayyar ho."

(It's enough now. Go change and get ready.)

"Main bs dress pehnugi simple sa...zyada tayyar ni hongi." Samina, her ex mother in law, nodded. At least she was doing something instead of laying on the bed.

(I will only wear a simple dress...I won't do much.)

"Wania it's been—" Wania's mother stopped talking as she saw Samina there and Wania wasn't there. She looked at her with grateful eyes. She knew Wania never denied her.

Meanwhile Wania came out of the washroom, wearing a simple white long frock with red flowers at the sleeves and the ends of the dress. Her face looked spoiled as she glanced at the ladies who were smiling.

"Bht khush hain na ap dono ab." Wania went ahead and started brushing her hair.

(You guys are very happy now, right?)

"Humne Tumhy Kabhi Doosri shadi ke lye force nai kia tha. Ye Tumhara decision tha Ayaan se shadi ka....Ab ye bachon ka khel nai ke nikkah krke tum peechy hat jao." Her mother tried to make her understand. Wania just nodded. She did not want to think or talk about it anymore.

(We never forced you for second marriage. It was your decision to marry Ayaan. Now it's not child's game that you  ignore  everything after Nikkah)

—————————

Hoor glared at her phone. She'd been calling Yumna for the past 10 minutes but there was no response. Since Ayaan had spent the previous years abroad, he did not have many friends here and the function was supposed to be at Wania's house & between her relatives so he didn't like inviting any friends.

Hoor had invited Yumna from her friends only since it was not her own function, and everyone was aware of Yumna Hadeed. Ahil had invited Hadeed as well, with wife.

The couple ( Yumna and Hadeed) were confused as to why Hoor and Ahil had invited them separately instead of just sending one card from both together. They did not know that the doctors didn't even bother to ask each other if the other had already invited them.

Yumna made a face at the 14 missed calls as she parked the car outside Hadeed's house. She was driving so she couldn't see the calls.

Hadeed was much less used to driving a car but he knew how to. His father and elder brother had promised him that if he worked hard and did a job along with his university years and study, they'd buy him a car when he graduates. They didn't want to give it to him unless he'd worked hard and earned it. They wanted him to work hard for it the way they did. Hadeed had worked a few jobs but the longest lasting and the last one was at the hospital. During those university times, he used his bike or his father's car. Even if the car was gifted, he knew he could say he earned it. 6 years of work with studies was not that easy.

Yumna was staring at his house's gate while waiting for him to come. She had pressed the horn and texted him as well. Her eyes lit up when she saw him exiting the door wearing a dark blue Kurta. It was a simple event at home and that's why everyone was wearing kurta/ Kameez Shalwar.

Yumna was wearing a green coloured short shirt and trousers, with the same coloured earrings. Her hair was open and she had placed a dupatta over her head and shades over the window so passersby could not see her hair.

Hadeed opened the door and sat in the car. He had just closed the door when-

"Hadeed I look Hot, right?"  Yumna asked excitedly, making Hadeed stop where he was.

About most of the times they met, it was him who was shy and it was him who's ears turned red. He always believed it was women who did this but in his case it was the opposite. But not always. Sometimes he also took steps but she was the more expressive one in their relationship.

Not that he had a problem with this.

"Ahm..." He coughed fakely.

"Pehle salaam karte hain." He nodded his head a little to bring her attention to the salam.

(First we should do salaam.)

"Assalamualaikum." Yumna said, not feeling embarrassed or bad.

"Walaikum Assalam,"

"Do I look hot?" There it was. She asked again without any delay making him glare at her.

"Dr Sahiba, insan ye puchta ha do I look pretty or do I look beautiful. Ye Hot kia hota hai?" Hadeed frowned.

He liked his wife pretty, cute, and beautiful. He didn't like the word hot. She wasn't a cup of coffee. He just didn't like the word. He had No reasons or explanations for it but if he didn't, then he didn't. Topic closed. He had no interest in using it for his wife!

(Ms Dr, one asks do I look petty or do I look beautiful. What is this Hot?)

"But everyone uses it. Isme kia—" Yumna did not understand why he refused.

(...What's–)

"I don't care if everyone uses it. Even if the whole world uses it, you won't use it for yourself in front of me." Hadeed cut her off. He didn't want an argument at this time.

Do I not look good? Yumna turned away from him and started the car while also glancing at herself in the mirror. She turned the car on but did not start driving.

Hadeed was not wearing the seatbelt at the moment and she was not going to tell him to, but she would also not drive until he did.

Hadeed glanced once at her face and he felt that she was sad and hurt by his comment. He didn't want to hurt her.

"You look pretty, biwi" There Yumna's heart, which was more his now, fluttered at the biwi. But she did not like that he complimented her for the sake of formality or to just end the argument when he didn't find her pretty.

(wife)

"You don't need to lie." She said with a spoiled face and Hadeed smiled a little at her angry face. Cute, he thought.

Hadeed forwarded his hand and took the car key out. It was off now. Yumna did not try to say or do anything. She was wearing a seatbelt but he was not.

Hadeed turned towards her and held her hand. He brought it to his lips and bit lightly on her finger. There was no response.

He bit a little harder. Still no response.

He added some more force and Yumna angrily tried to pull her hand away but he didn't let her.

"Hath Choren." Her mood was still spoiled.

(Leave my hand.)

"I love you too." He left her hand. Yumna turned her eyes away. She had melted, completely, at her blue eyed man's confession.

Hadeed went ahead and placed a kiss on her forehead. She tried to move but the seatbelt had already restricted her, and when she tried to remove it Hadeed placed a hand on the seatbelt's buckle.

"Believe me you look beautiful. I just didn't like the word hot. Don't you dare use it for my wife ever again. I love my pretty, beautiful and not so shy wife." He cupped her cheeks as he said those words staring into her eyes. Yumna bit her lips to stop the smile that was threatening to form on her lips but she couldn't. She smiled and then burst into laughter as she placed her head on the headrest.

"You're so cute, Hadeed. I am falling for you more with every day." She pulled both his cheeks and shook them. Hadeed stared at her face. He loved it when she took the step or confessed. His confessions were now limited to whenever he had to make it up to her or when she was angry. But he did not hesitate to do so at those moments.

Yumna started the car then turned her face to stare at him. Light Blue eyes and dark blue kurta were murdering her poor heart.

"Agay dekh ke gaari chalayen" Hadeed directed her to drive the car.

(Look ahead while driving.)

"Koshish Kar rahi hun."
(I am trying.)

"Nazar lagani hai?" Hadeed couldn't stop himself from asking this question at the way she was gawking at him.

(Do you want to give me evil eye?)

"Nahi, MashAllah MashAllah bilkul bhi nai."  She smiled and took the keys out. Hadeed frowned but glared when he saw the keys in his lap. It was a clear indication for him to leave the passenger seat and drive while she stares at him from the passenger seat. He did not say anything and opened the door. Yumna did the same.

(No, MashAllah MashAllah not at all.)

—————-

"What's going on here?" Momal and Ali both turned their faces at the voice. It was Ayaan. He had just entered and saw them doing something near the plants in the lawn. Ayaan sat down on the grass and hugged Ali who had stood by now. He kissed his cheek and then hugged Momal who was sitting on the grass.

"We are playing." Momal replied and Ayaan nodded.

"Which game?"

"Hide and Seek."

"Who was hiding in the bushes?" Ayaan was interested in their game by now.

"No one. We are on 15 minute break." Ayaan nodded, patted their heads, and then left inside.

Inside, he met his father in law, Ahil and the men sitting there. He sat for about 10 minutes then opened his phone.

"I have to change." Ayaan was still in the clothes that he was wearing in the hospital. Ahil's mobile beeped and he took it out.

"Han please chalo merey wale me krlena main sath hi chalta hu. I can't sit between these uncles anymore. Pata nai kitne ghanton se betha hua hun. Itna toh tumhari behen bhi mujhay ni tang krti jitna inke sawal krrhy hain. Ab main kaisy bataun inke loose motion wale kuttay ko konsi medicine deni ha? Main insanon ka doctor hun ajeeb." Ayaan coughed after reading his text to stop himself bursting into laughter. He looked up at Ahil and he could tell from his face that the angry doctor was pissed off. Ahil didn't like dramas and chaos. Moreover, it was a family event so he was tolerating nonsense.

(Yes please come. I'll go with you, and you can change in my washroom. I can't sit between these uncles anymore. I've been sitting here since I don't know how many hours. Even your sister doesn't irritate me as much as these uncles' questions are doing. Now how do I tell what medicine to give to his dog with diarrhoea? I am a doctor of humans.)

Ayaan stood up to leave and Ahil did not waste a second in moving behind him.

"Waise meri billi b thori si beemar hai, Dr Ahil. Kya khyal hai konsi medicine dun?" Ayaan hid his smile and asked as they entered Ahil's room. Ahil glared at him and did not say anything. Ayaan just smiled and went to change, his clothes were in the shopping bag in his hand.

(Well my cat is also a little ill, Dr Ahil. What do you think which medicine should I give?)

Ahil took a deep breath to calm himself down and laid on his back on the bed but feet were on the floor. He closed his eyes.

The door opened and the person didn't bother to knock. He looked up with a frown and it only deepened seeing the mannerless woman.

"Niklo bahir. Mera dimagh pehle hi ghooma hua ha, mazeed ghumane ki zuroorat nai hai. Kam az kam Tumhari shakal nahi dekhna chahta is waqt" He directed with his hand to leave while glaring at her.

(Get out. My mind is already not at its place, don't piss me off anymore. I don't want to see your face atleast right now.)

"Wo toh hamesha hi ghooma hota hai, konsi nayi baat hai?" She shrugged.

(It's never at its place, what's new?)

"Mujhay ghussa na dilao"
(Don't make me angry.)

"But wo to already aaya hua hai apko." She shrugged again. Ahil fisted his hands and did not bother to reply. He laid again and closed his eyes.

(But you're already angry.)

"Uthen aur Meri baat sunen." Hoor scowled when he laid down. She was here to say something and he was not listening attentively.

(Sit up and listen to me.)

"Main insaan hu aur insaan kanon se sunty hain. Han churailon ka nai pata. Likin chal jayega pata ab sari zindagi unki sbse badtameez member k sath guzarni hai.'' It was Hoor who clenched her fists.

(I am a human and humans listen with ears. I don't know about witches though. But I will know soon when I have to spend my whole life with their most ill mannered member.)

'Churail ka male version'
(Male version of a witch.)

She did not call him Jinn because she believed there were some good jinns out there in the world too and witches were more dangerous and scary in the movies so she preferred its male version. If there was a male version of churails, that would be him. This was her thought as she gave this endearment to him.
(Churail = Witch, Jinn = Ghost)

<I literally recited Ayat Ul Kursi while reading this so no churail sees it and mery pichy na parjaye....I am too scared of these things.>

(...doesn't come after me....)

"Aunty bula rahi hain apko, koi kam ha unhy shayad." Hoor came to the point.

Enough embarrassment for today.

(Aunty is calling you, she has some work I guess.)

"Kiun? Unki ladli bahu ne jo pichle 6-7 ghantay se ghar sir pe uthaya hua hai, ye kaam nhi kr skti?" He sat up with his hand under his chin and elbow on the bed.

(Why? Her favourite daughter in law who has made the house a circus since the past 6-7 hours, can't do this work?)

"Main kar skti hun but she doesn't want me to do it."

How dare this man think she can't do it?

(I can do but...)

"Han jab insan kr na skta ho to aise bahane toh karne party hain" He taunted.

(Yeah when a person can't do it then one has to make these excuses.)

"Agar apse shadi krskti hu na, toh main kch b krskti hu." Ouch. That was personal.

(If I can marry you then I can do anything else.)

"Shutup."

"Han jab kch smj na aye to shutup."

(Yes when you don't understand anything then say shutup.)

"Shutup again."

"You shutup."

"Niklo yahan se, I'll come in a minute."

(Get out from here,...)

"Kiun jaun? Meri marzi."

(Why should I go? My choice.)

"Mera kamra hai ye." He gritted his teeth.

Why can't this woman stay without arguing?

(It is my room.)

"Koi nai kch din me mera bhi hojayega. Waise technically nikkah ke bad mera ho hi chuka hai."

(Doesn't matter it will be mine too in a few days. Well technically it's already mine after Nikkah.)

"Ni tumne koi kasam kha rkhi ha har baat ke jawab me larne ki." He was genuinely curious.

(No like you've taken any oath to fight in response to anything?)

"Shutup."

"Han jawab ni aya to shut up." He was right. She couldn't find an answer so opted for 'shut up'.

(Yes, when you don't get an answer, say shut up.)

"Mujhse fuzool na bola kren."

(Don't talk anything stupid with me.)

"Kam ki bat krne wali toh shakal hi nai ha tmhri, fuzool hi bol skta hun." Hoor glared at him furiously.

(You don't have that face on which I'll talk something useful, I can only say useless/ stupid stuff.)

"I hate you."

"I hate you more." He was calm now. He did not accept it though but as much as she made him furious, he always took his anger out during the fight with her and it made him calm. Also whenever he had a good comeback, that also made him calm.

"Bas? Hogyi larai khtm? Nahi agr aur lrna ha to larlo main bilkul interfere nai krrha tabse khamoshi se sun rha hun ''

Ayaan was as calm as he always was as he came out of the washroom. He just had to change into a shalwar Kameez and it didn't take him any time. He had just opened the door when he heard them arguing so he didn't come out and let the door remain open so he could hear everything before taking their class.

(Done? Did the fight end? No, if you want to fight more you can. I am not interfering. I have been listening in silence since then.)

"Oh..hi..assalamoalaikum bhai aap? Ap kab aye?" Hoor had not expected him there.

(....Bhai you? When did you come?)

"Jab tum isay keh rhi thi ke agr tum isse shadi krskti ho to kch b krskti ho." He calmly said and started brushing his hair in front of the dressing table but he could feel both of them glaring at him.

(When you were telling him that you can do anything if you can marry him.)

"Tum dono ko sharminda hona chahye likin besharmo ki tarah mjhy ghoor rhy ho." He put the comb on the table, turned towards them, folded his hands on his chest and glanced to and fro between them.

(You guys should be ashamed but you guys are glaring at me shamelessly.)

Ahil did not say anything. He's had enough of these siblings.

"Bhai maine to—"

(Bhai I just–)

"Han tumne kuch nahi kiya. Jaisy main to tumhe janta nahi hu." Ayaan nodded. She was his sister and he knew her very well. Hoor did not say anything. He was right.

(Yes you didn't do anything. As if I don't know you.)

"He was also fighting." Hoor could not lie to Ayaan but she could shift his attention.

"Laro laro, aur laro. Kal ko apne bachon ke samne b yun hi larna." Ayaan sighed and left the room. He was yet to meet Wania and the little ones. He had left but he had not realised the destruction he'd caused behind. Being a father of 2 and guardian of a total of 5, it was easy for him to talk about the kids but the doctors were now left in an awkward silence.

(Fight, fight, fight more. In future, fight like this in front of your kids too.)

'I won't forgive you bhai. Ap ne acha nai kia'

(....You didn't do good.)

'Ghatya Insan. Jesi moo phat behen waisa moo phat bhai.'

(Lowlife Man. Like big mouthed/blunt sister, like big mouthed/blunt brother.)

Hoor immediately turned to leave the room to escape the scene but–

"Ruko." She stopped but did not turn.

(Stop)

"Wo—ammi kia keh rahi theen? Kia kam tha?" Ahil changed the topic of the conversation. Hoor turned around, much relieved.

(That–what was Ammi saying? What work did she have for me?)

"She was calling you to send some food to the neighbours." Ahil nodded and stood up to go.

"I can give them." She was referring to the previous conversation where he said he can't do the task that his mother gave.

"Don't you dare ever go to the neighbours house without me." He raised his finger and told her in a serious tone and she frowned. Why can't she go?

"Main to–"

(I wil–)

"Shut Up." Even before she completed her sentence, he knew she was going to argue.

"Main mana krrha hun to kisi waja se krrha hun. Har baat me behes mat kia kro. Maine kaha Tum wahan nahi jaogi toh nahi jaogi. Baat khatam." With that he was out while she glared at his back.

(If I am stopping you, I am doing it for a reason. Don't argue about everything. If I said you won't go, it means you won't go. Topic closed.)

'Jaugi. Kia krlengy ye? Huh'

(I'll go. What will he do? Huh.)

<I LITERALLY FEEL IRRITATED BY THIS LADY SOMETIMES BUT I HAVE TO MAKE SURE SHE HAS FLAWS.>

—----------------------------

The knock on the door made Wania open it. It was Ayaan.

"Assalamualaikum." Wania mumbled. The little ones were on the floor playing with their blocks and toys.

"Wassalam." He nodded his head and one of the three little ones turned her head. She recognized this voice. It was her baba. She stood up and run to the door. Wania was holding the door with an arm. She went between the door and arm and stood between them facing her baba. Ayaan's mouth hung open when he saw the little one in a shalwar Kameez.

"Baba see meeru wear sawar Kameez." She twirled around but fell again. Ayaan laughed and picked her up. He kissed her cheeks.

"MashAllah my princess is looking so good and this little dupatta." He tickled her and she laughed out loud. He stopped tickling but didn't drop her on the floor.

"Ayaan beta come inside. Sit." Samina's voice made Ayaan look towards her, and made Wania embarrassed. She forgot to ask him to come inside or sit. She got aside and he went into the room. First he went towards Samina and bent in front of her, who passed her hand in his hair and prayed for him. He knew her since his Nikkah with Wania and he was aware Wania had a good relationship with her ex in-laws. He also had a good relationship with his in-laws, but they lived in another city so couldn't come. After meeting her, he sat on the floor beside Mahnoor and Umair and kissed them too.

Wania just sat quietly on the sofa and watched him interact with the kids. Samina also noticed the way he gave attention to the kids, and she was sure he'll play a good role as a father for her grandchildren.

"Wania Ayaan se khane Ka toh puch lo, he's coming from work." Wania bit her lips and looked towards Ayaan. Even if their relationship was not a close one, this was a very basic thing according to Samina for her to ask him especially when he was a guest at her house.

(Wania, Ask Ayaan for lunch...)

"Ap khana khayengy?"
(Will you eat?)

"No Thankyou. I'll eat with everyone." Ayaan was hungry but he didn't want to eat separately. Wania nodded and then turned to look at Samina as if to say 'Look. I asked because of you'. Samina nodded her head as an appreciation for doing this.

It had been an hour since Ayaan was talking to the kids and Samina. He knew she had one son, and she had lost him. If sitting there and talking to her for sometime and making her believe that he's also like a son to her if Wania is her daughter, could make the old woman a little happy then it was not a bad idea to just sit there and talk. Wania had just been listening but Samina made sure to include her every 10 minutes into whatever they were talking about.

Wania may not have talked much but she was noticing the way he was talking to Samina. It made her respect him alot that he was valuing Samina because she valued her. Even though she wasn't his real mother in law, and was his wife's ex mother-in-law, he was so respectful. He was respecting them more because they were related to her even though he felt nothing for her. She'd also always respect him and the people close to him too.

The door knocked and revealed Hoor.

"It's time that the couple should be outside for some time." Hoor told them. She had been with her mother in law mostly so had not seen Arsalan or anyone.

"Oor phupho see meeru wear sawar kameez." Hoor opened her arms with a smile and Meerub hugged her legs. She picked her up and smooched her face with kisses. Hoor had bought this shalwar Kameez for both the sisters and the little one looked so cute in it. She had not seen Momal yet.

"After 30 minutes, Hoor." Wania told her and Hoor nodded. She took Meerub out in the lawn with her to look for Momal when-

"BATMEEEZ"
(Ill mannered/ Mannerless)

—————-
11.3k + words✨🥰
Thank you for the love to this story ❤️
Your favourite scene in this episode?

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
43.6M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
4.7M 253K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...