Flame Breathing Tanjiro: Set...

By DepSep64042

Instead of Giyuu tomioka finding Tanjiro, kyojuro Rengoku, the flame hashira, does. Kyojuro see's potential i... More

Information
Prolouge
Training
Uzui Tengens Training
Final Selection
Butterfly Sisters
Nichirin blade
Swamp demon
The illusionist
Asakusa City
The house of drums
Bakemono
Some level of peace.....kinda
Mount Natagumo
News
Choose one
Next fanfic is chosen
Lower moon 5
You're...
The meeting
Tanjiro?
The butterfly estate
Rehabilitation training
The blooming lily of the valley
Unkempt flower
Departure

Surprise..?

3.7K 78 124
By DepSep64042

"Hey, sister, is someone else here?" Shinobu asked Kanae, looking around. Kanae, who was laying down on the floor, bored, perked her head up. "I don't think so. Why do you ask?" She asked.

Shinobu turned her head, looking around the room. "I smell something disgusting."

"HEY! DISGUSTING? I SHOWER EVERY DAY!"
"AH!"

Shinobu jumped as the white haired ape-I mean, Tengen appeared out of the shadows with tic marks all over his face. Kanae laughed while Shinobu grew an angry smile.

"Why the hell are you even here? Are you spying on us? What a fucking pervert~! How would your wives react?" She said in a strained calm voice. Tengen started to grow red in anger.
"I WASN'T FUCKING SPYING! I WAS MAKING SURE NO ONE ELSE WAS AROUND!"

Kanae looked at him curiously. "Why can't anyone be around?" She asked.
"That's because we want to make a request!!!" A loud booming voice said, making Shinobu jump once again. Kanae looked towards the door and saw the mighty flame owl at the door with his arms crossed and his usual smile.
"Ah, Rengoku-san, it's nice to see you!" Kanae greeted.

Shinobu was greatly annoyed.
'Why are these damn animals showing up out of no where?'

"It's nice to see you as well! But back to our request!" He greeted before walking next to Tengen, who was taking breaths to calm down.
"And what is this request?" She asked.

"You see! Today is a spectacular day! Todays the day one goes into adult hood!" He answered, leaving Kanae with more questions. She clearly showed her confusion with a head tilt, which made Uzui sigh at Rengoku. "He means that it's Tanjiro's birthday today."

At this, the kocho sisters perked up.
"Really?! How great!" Kanae shouted enthusiastically. "How come he hasn't told anyone? Or even acknowledge it?" Shinobu asked as she moved next to her sister.

"That's because the idiot forgot about it. He's been too busy and stuff. Either way he wouldn't make a big deal out of it. Which leads us to our request." He answered, before they both put down their head and did a 90 degree bow, which greatly confused Kanae and made Shinobu cringe.

"Can we please do his birthday at the butterfly estate?/MAY WE PLEASE CELEBRATE HIS BIRTHDAY HERE?" They asked, making Kanae shine. "Of course! What do you guys have planned?" This made Rengoku jump up and smile brightly. "You see, we're planning on..."

"Why the bow?" She asked Tengen while the other two were discussing everything.
"The butterfly estate is a hospital so there are patients who need to recover here. We can't take Tanjiro to our estates because you guys still need to take care of him. So we planned on doing it here." He answered, making Shinobu nod.

"Alright, but please never bow to me again. Please." She begged, making Tengen confused. "Uhm...ok...but...why..? I mean, considering who you are, I'm pretty sure you'd want people bowing to you..."

"I don't want an ape bowing down to me."
"You fucking insect!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Hey Tanjiro-kun~" Kanae greeted, making Tanjiro stop swing a fake sword and look her way. "Hey Kanae-San! Do you need me for something?" He asked, tapping his nose.
"Yes! May you please go to the village nearby and look for these supplies? We're currently running low on these." She explained, giving Tanjiro a small list.

Tanjiro quickly read the list and nodded.
"Yeah, alright. But can I take someone with me?" He asked, making Kanae nod. "Of course you can, but who do you want to take?" She asked.

Tanjiro quietly chuckled before putting his hand next to his mouth in a calling motion.
"Kanao~, can you please come here?" He gently called out, making Kanae raise an eyebrow in confusion.

After a couple of seconds they both heard the floor creak right around the corner. Tanjiro smile gently as Kanao peeked her head over the corner. Kanae grew surprised as she watched Kanao walk towards Tanjiro with an actual smile.

"I'm..I'm here-what's happening?" She quietly asked, nodding at them both. Kanae just stood there in shock. 'She...she-she didn't use her coin!'

"I have to go to the village in order to buy some supplies. Do you want to come with me?" He asked her, making petals puff around her;her eyes lighting up.

"Uhm...y-yes...yes please..." She accepted, making Tanjiro smile. Kanae stepped forward and slowly walked towards Kanao, who was fidgeting. She slowly reached out her arms and put them on Kanao's shoulder before pulling her in for a hug.

Kanao was caught by surprise, not expecting this, but definitely wasn't complaining. She slowly hugged back and smiled, putting her chin on her shoulder. Tanjiro watched all of this with happy eyes, but his mouth was...well, it wasn't there.

Everything, except for his eyes, were blacked out as the image of the two sisters slowly shifted to the image of him and Nezuko hugging. Time seemed to slow down and almost stop as that was all he could see. He couldn't move, but he didn't want to move. He had no thought, no emotion, no need. The only thing he could hear was the snowy wind and breathing;them breathing. He felt like an object that could breathe, but couldn't live.

The image wouldn't move, but the laughter played out like an endless echo. He looked at the smiles that shined as bright as the snow. The playful laughs, dancing hair, jumpy movement stuck in place, and the red in Nezuko's teeth.

...red?

TANJIRO POV

She started to bleed. Slowly but surely, like slow rain down a gutter. It leaked and flowed, dripping. But the laughter remained. The smiles remained. The breathing remained.

She started to leak blood like a vehicle leaking oil. Her mouth was full of it. It leaked blood. And it wouldn't stop. Both breaths started to speed up; started to sound heavier.

A large deep gash appeared on her neck before everything went to hell.

The image moved. But only her. She started to twitch;she started to spasm uncontrollably but her body never left her place. Blood came from no where, even though there were no wounds. Her face started to disfigure as the world started to static. The breathing grew heavier and heavier, faster and faster, one more than the other, before one stopped. And only one was left.

And everything turned red

A black shadow with inhumane eyes took her place as the other, younger me started to shake. His eyes cried blood, his mouth was open as loud endless sobs filled this area.

"Tanjiro..."

A distorted voice called out to me, but I still didn't feel anything. I still didn't want to do anything. I wanted to do nothing but watch

"Tanjiro!"

The younger me bled and cried, the breathing growing heavier and heavier, faster and faster. The sobs increased, and sounded even more painful. His eyes were blacked out, the only color there being his blood that leaked like oil from his eyes.

"Tanjiro!"

And then, he foamed. The dark shadow simply looked. The younger me then shook, before something came out of him;out of his side. It looked like...like the upper body of a human. It was coming out of his body like a parasite. It grabbed into the shaking you get me and tried to separate themselves. The right arm of younger me was gone as that human parasite took its place.

"Tanjiro!"

The sound of flesh separating and bones breaking...well, more like forming, was heard like an echo. That parasite started to form distinct features like red hair, a red scar, checkered haori, hanafuda earrings...it looked like...like the present me.

Blood sprayed everywhere as the...clone..? Yeah, as the clone started to form legs and finally separated from the younger me. And with that, there was silence. The younger me dropped to his knees and slumped as the present me stood up straight with a smile...a smile that I wear oh so often...

The breathing slowed down and the sobs and screams stopped. It was all...all calm. Even though everything was red, even though there are two of me, even though there's a shadow Nezuko, it all felt at peace.

I couldn't hear nor feel the younger me breathing, but I knew he was alive. He would twitch every so often and his chest moved up and down, as if he was breathing.

But when that smile dropped, the younger me looked straight at me with eyes of pure red and fury, a shadow over his face.

Something started to form on their backs...something that shouldn't be on a human being. Their back shook and their flesh squirmed until something erupted out. It's...wings? One of an angel and one of a demon?

They seemed so different. One sad and furious while the other smiles ever so brightly. But one thing they did have in common were the tears.

Arms of a beautiful pale lady with a sun crown and long wavy black hair wrapped around me. Someone...was giving me a hug. It's the first time I felt my body here...

My body; my soul felt so warm in her touch. A sense of nostalgia crashed over me. She quietly cried as her tears touched my shoulders. Why was she crying? Was it because of me? What did I do? Did I hurt her?

She put her chin on my shoulder and nuzzled up to me, putting her mouth next to my ear. She was so gentle...so kind...

"Tanjiro..." She whispered, her voice so sweet and kind. A quite sob left her mouth as she hugged me tighter. "My child...please... please...

Please wake up

"TANJIRO"

And as everything disappeared, I was brought back to reality.

3RD PERSON POV

"TANJIRO!" Kanae yelled, shaking the red head boy out of his...thoughts? World? Image?
He snapped out of his mind and stared at her shocked. "H-huh..?"

"Tanjiro! What happened?! I've been calling you for minutes but you wouldn't respond! And why is your nose bleeding?!" She said frantically, holding him by his shoulders. He quickly wiped his nose with his thumb and saw blood on it.
Kanao peeked over Kanae's shoulder, her concern could be clearly seen in her eyes.

"I...I-I'm sorry...I just...I just thought of something when you guys hugged...guess my mind wandered off..." He briefly explained, putting on a big yet tired smile. Kanae's eyes softened while Kanao didn't seem convinced in the slightest.

Kanae put her hand on his cheek, caressing it gently. "Why is your nose bleeding?" She asked quietly but just enough for both of them to hear.
"Maybe it's a side effect of the medicine? I have a sensitive nose, so maybe the medicine affected it?" He lied. Lied with a straight smile. Lied as if it was second nature...

Maybe it was?

Kanae still hesitated;she wasn't fully convinced.
And with the smile of an angel, he gently took the hand on his cheek and held it with his two hands.
"Don't worry, I'm fine." He reassured her...but, his tone...started to lose emotions...his face wasn't bright, wasn't happy like it just was...it started to grow serious. 

"I'm perfectly fine."

The face of no emotion, the voice deprived of feelings, and the dead eyes were so unlike him.
Kanae felt a shiver up her spine at the emotionless angel.

"Oh yeah! The supplies!" He suddenly shouted, his emotions back out of no where, making Kanae slightly jump. "Come on Kanao!" He shouted, making Kanao nod. And to her shock, he grabbed hold of her hand and started to run to the village. "We'll be back soon Kanae!"

Kanae simply stared at the retreating figures, a hand over her heart. '...I need to talk to Rengoku soon.' She thought, before turning around and heading to the training center where everyone was preparing for the party.

'He needs help...something is wrong with him...'

Too bad it'll be too late

2 HOURS LATER

Tanjiro and Kanao were walking back to the butterfly estate with bags in their hands.

"Really?! They did?!" Kanao shouted in shock.
"Yep! Yep! I was shocked too. Rengoku barely had to do anything. He was already getting punished by his wives." He said, the memory fresh in his mind.

"At least he got in trouble."
"But...it was an accident..."
"An accident that could've killed you."
"I mean, yeah, but..."

Yeah, they're talking about the time Tanjiro almost died in Tengens training.

Kanao let out a small laugh, making Tanjiro stare at her for a couple of seconds. She noticed and started to fidget, getting nervous.
"T-Tanjiro..? What's wrong...?" She asked quietly.

Tanjiro smiled at her, head tilted.
"Nothing really. You just look stunningly beautiful." He said so casually. It took a moment, but after registering the words, Kanao poofed and blushed a deep red.

"Tanjiro?!" She screamed in shock, almost dropping the bags in her hands. He couldn't help but laugh. 'She's changed so much.' He thought proudly. "It's true...hmm?" He trailed off as he looked at the estate in confusion. Kanao noticed this and stared curiously at him.

'Why are they using that perfume that blocks my smell?' He asked to himself. All the curtains were closed and, due to the sun setting, it was pretty hard to look through the windows. However, Kanao didn't have this problem due to her superior eyesight. 'Ohhhhh...so that's why they sent him...'

Tanjiro got more cautious as they entered the building. One reason being that someone might've done something and could be waiting for him. Another reason being that someone might be up to some bullshitery.

The moment he heard and felt someone carefully land next to him was the moment hands were given.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!/SURPRI-BLAHK"
That little "surprise" was interrupted when Tanjiro swung a right hook straight at its jaw, then hit them with fast but direct punches all over their chest and sides, giving them some 10 piece combos with no biscuits. He then palm strike them square in the chest and twisted his hand, making the person spill saliva. He jumped up with the force of his hand, spun around, and kicked them right in the jaw, making them fly and crash somewhere.

And that's when the curtains opened, revealing the butterfly inhabitants, Mitsuri, Rengoku, Hinatsuru, Makio, and Suma around huge tables with large amounts of food, and a groaning Tengen kneeling on the ground.

"OW! WHAT THE FUCK!" He screamed as he wiped some blood from his nose. Tanjiro just stared at them, baffled, while Kanao just stood frozen, the animal abuse still fresh in her mind.

"Uhm...I'm sorry!" He quickly apologized, bowing. Everyone just stood there awkwardly, not really sure what to do.

"So...uhm...thanks?" He said awkwardly, bowing while carefully putting the bags on the floor.
"Why would you attack me?!" Tengen yelled furiously as he stood up, putting paper in his nose for the blood. "I smelled the perfume that hides the scent of people so I was on guard..." he answered, scratching his head.

"You can smell that?" Shinobu asked, shocked.
"Well...yeah. They used it before so my nose adapted to it. It still somewhat works though I guess. It still hides the scent of the specific thing, but covers them in its own scent." He explained, making Kanae stare at him suspiciously.

'If he can adapt to that then how come his nose is affected by a medicine he took for days?' She questioned, eyeing him. "Well! Getting that out of the way! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAMADO-SHONEN!" Rengoku shouted excitedly, making Tanjiro lighten up like the sun.

"KYOJURO-NII!" He shouted as he practically teleported to him, giving him a humongous hug which was reciprocated with a laugh. He then proceeded to shout the names of Mitsuri, Hinatsuru, Makio, and Suma before hugging them. He apologized profusely to Tengen before hugging him as well.

The rest of the day was full of joy as they had all kinds of fun. They handed out gifts and food as they talked and played. They had contests of all sorts. Some of them were tag, the cup game, who would stand on their toes while carrying 4 logs the longest, who could accurately throw the tail on a cow, and more. They even had a eating competition, which depleted them of their food by 70%.

Tanjiro spent time with Inosuke and Zenitsu in the patient room for a while. He brought them food and different games to try out. Inosuke took some time but after a while he was completely competitive and even dragged Aoi into it.

And after they put the three caterpillars to bed, Tengen pulled out the drinks. As you could guess, Kanae, Tanjiro, Rengoku, Aoi, and Kanao were against the idea but after some convincing from Shinobu, they caved in.

Now who got drunk first? Shinobu.
Who got drunk next? Kanao. She only drank because she saw how well Tanjiro handled it and thought it wasn't that bad. Three cups later and now she's slurring her words and acting like a small child.

Surprisingly, Tanjiro was one of the last to get drunk. But that's mostly because he made sure to drink after everyone else to watch over them. But he still surprised the fuck out of Tengen with his tolerance to these drinks.

To no one's surprise, Tengen was the last to get drunk. By now everyone's just doing random shit. Arm wrestling, crying, laughing for no reason, going on a red head, dealing with the three women on him, ugly eating, and some other shit.

And at the end of the day, they could all be seen being drag to a futon or bed by the least drunk ones;those being Tanjiro and Tengen. Once they were done with that, they both face planted on their bed/futon. Every slept happy that night. Tengen with his wives

And Tanjiro with his nightmares

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Tanjiro quickly awoke, clutching his head as the blood vessels in his eyes were as red as could be. Blood poured from his mouth and nose as he hyperventilated.

'Breathe Tanjiro. Just breath!' He instructed himself, trying to take deep breaths. Some of the blood got unto the sheets, but he didn't notice that as he quickly and quietly got up and walked out, clutching his head.

And because of that, he didn't notice the blue spider lily blooming from the blood on his bed.

TBC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 1.2K 19
Rengoku is sent out on a mission to take down a demon north of the demon slayers corps building. The Master tells Rengoku to take Tanjiro with him, f...
43.3K 1.4K 77
Rika Fuji, a user of Ice Breathing. She joined the Corps to slay demons. But with a cold heart, she had a frozen spirit. Nobody could break through h...
1.7K 45 14
━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━ An Uppermoon and a Hashira, about as unlikely as you'd think. Yet, the demon, Akaza, was ready to give all of it up for Kyojuro... ━...
14.3K 283 23
Following the death of Kyojuro Rengoku, (Y/n), a new nurse at the butterfly manor, was recently tasked to care for Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Innosuke aft...