King of the Empire ✓| #2 |

By venusorionv

Read "Queen of the Empire" first!!!! This is the second book of the Rossi mafia series. ~~~~~ Liam One month... More

Author's note
Character aesthetics
The families
Prologue
1 - One month
2 - A girl from the past
3 - Tesoro
4 - Not anymore
5 - I promise
6 - The Mob
7 - Rage
8 - Ghost
9 - The killer
10 - The woman
11 - One Mistake
12 - Alliance
13 - Truth
14 - Invitation
15 - Videotape
16 - Crystal blue
17 - A fucking dream
18 - Can't be real
19 - Broken promise
20 - The Ball
21 - One day
22 - Me out of all people
23 - Surprise
24 - Take her time
25 - Comparison
26 - I fucked up
27 - Deal
28 - The Night
29 - One week
30 - Two weeks
31 - Three weeks
32 - One month
33 - One month and two days I
34 - One month and two days II
35 - One month and one week I
36 - One month and one week II
37 - Two months
38 - Power
40 - Decision
41 - Lost in thought
42 - Resurfaced
43 - Betrayal
44 - Final Blow
45 - The letter
Epilogue
Extended epilogue

39 - Just the beginning

88 1 0
By venusorionv

I was pacing back and forth in my bedroom as Liam lay in the bed, one arm behind his head, wearing nothing but his boxers which were covered by the comforter.

"Love, you shouldn't be freaking out over this," I turned to him before crossing my arms over my chest. His jaw clenched before he inhaled deeply. "Don't do that whilst wearing nothing but a bra on your chest. Makes me want to do unspeakable things to you," I smiled faintly before turning to the side and facing the balcony doors. "Baby, talk to me," I stared through the glass.

"What if she'll suspect me?" I heard Liam groan. I turned to face him. "But seriously, what if she started to wonder why in the hell I leave every night."

"She's not even with you."

"She has senses, Liam," he smiled as he stared at me.

"I imagine her almost exactly like this but with Luca instead of me. I think she has her suspicions too," I stared way too long at his perfectly sculpted abs as I thought of how bad it actually would be if she started helping Luca.

This made me think that every mission I did was helped by him. He knew where I went, he knew who was my target. But it was just a very assumption.

"By the looks of you, you seem to know what you want," I looked up at his face and met his eyes.

"Find her before we get to Luca," he was about to say something but closed his mouth.

"I was about to say you wanted me but I guess that works too," I rolled my eyes as my lips curled into a smile.

"You're impossible to have a conversation with," he chuckled. "But if I get to her first, I'd get to find out if she wants and plans to go against me."

"And then kill him?" I nodded. "Alright, enough of this shit. Come here because I'm getting cold," I smiled as I frowned and looked over at him. "Seriously, I'm freezing." I smiled as I walked over to the opposite side of the bed and climbed in. I didn't have enough time to cover myself with the comforter before one of his strong arms wrapped around me and pulled me to him.

His face was buried in the crook of my neck as he placed kisses and then inhaled my scent deeply. I turned around in his hold and placed my hand on his chest. His eyes followed the hand and then a smile appeared on his face once he realised he wasn't dreaming.

"You know," I looked at my hand as I placed my head right beside him and drew circles with the tip of my finger on his chest, "we lost two months..."

"You don't even have to ask," he moved from under my hand and it took him less than a few seconds to capture my mouth with his own.

I smiled as his hand moved fast, unclasping my black bra with barely any effort. He sucked the breath out of me as his tongue dived inside me and marked my mouth as his. His hand slid down to my pussy before he brushed the pad of his thumb along my clit, letting a small gasp leave my mouth.

His eyes, the brightest shade of blue, were barely visible from the largely dilated pupils. He stared at me as he applied the smallest amount of pressure on my nerves. I stared at his lips: slightly parted, swollen from how much he kissed me and the small breaths leaving behind a light sound.

He watched me as his fingers entered my pussy and then moved in and out. He watched as I bit my lower lip and closed my eyes for a brief moment before he reached my spot and rubbed it, making my eyes shoot open.

"Liam," I moaned out, feeling his lips on my chest and then on my nipple. Just as my release came close, my chest was covered in light pink spots from Liam's lips. He took his fingers out of me and after sucking them clean, he grabbed a condom out of the drawer of the bedside table before rolling it on his cock, and trusted deep inside me.

I placed my hands on his shoulders as he fucked me. His lips collided with mine again before he pulled away from me and looked into my eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?" His pace slowed, leaving slow and pleasurable thrusts. I frowned as I looked at him. "You were pregnant." I was hoping I could leave this conversation and just forget about it. But that wasn't how relationships worked, unfortunately.

"Either way, I wasn't going to keep it," he nodded once.

"But you could've told me. I know I would've had no say in your decision but what hurt me the most was the fact that you thought I'd be mad. It was as if you didn't know me or trust me abundantly to be brave enough to tell me," what was worse, was the fact that he saw right through it. "And I didn't find out today," he said. "I overheard Margo and Laura's relationship." He smiled lightly. "It's a shame I know Italian. You can't talk in secret in front of me," I smiled before I cupped his face and pulled his face down. I kissed him as his pace increased and drove us both to our releases.

"Ti amo," he smiled before he pecked my lips.

Once I was laying on top of him as we tried to catch our breaths, he stared through the window as I looked at him. I missed him so damn much, these moments felt surreal.

"Did you lose it or did you get an abortion?" He asked, his eyes slowly drifting onto me.

"I never got one. But I do think I lost it." Although I haven't gotten my period yet. "But I'm still late. And I don't know if it's still there or if it's just a side effect of a miscarriage." Liam frowned as his hands played with my hair.

"Maybe you should get tested then." I pressed the side of my face to his chest. "What?"

"I'm scared your father might find out," Liam chuckled as he caressed my head.

"He has nothing to do with this. Besides, he'll be dead by next week so you have nothing to worry about," I smiled as I trailed my fingertip across his bicep.

"For good now?"

"I hope so. He'll go down with his own father who did unspeakable things to that woman."

"What did he say?"

"Nothing that could concern me. But I did hear the fact that Val was scared of his own son." I frowned as I lifted my head up and then rested my chin on the hand that was on his chest. "Francesco has an affair with Nora and leaves the estate at night to see her," my eyes slightly widened. "He thought that his son was one to be trusted. But he was soon proved wrong."

"At least now you know that," he nodded once as his eyes roamed around my face.

"But I do still have questions."

"Like?" He smiled at me before he gently tugged my hair.

"Like who was responsible for impregnating my aunt," that got dark pretty quickly. "As much as I don't give two shits about her father, I want to know if that bastard is still alive so I could kill him." He sighed. "I think that even Francesco would want to know that. Because regardless of how much he hates us, he loved his sister and cared for her like a brother should've."

"At least he had some empathy," I said.

"I wonder why he lost it."

————

I walked through the rose garden with Laura and Margo just as the sun started to rise. Liam was probably going to hate me since I left him sleeping in my bed and left but the girls and I made a plan to hang out this morning when everyone was still sound asleep.

"I can't believe you're actually alive," Laura admitted as she rested her head on my shoulder. Margo walked to my other side and hand her arm linked with mine.

"I myself can't believe I was able to hide for that long."

"And you would've gone even longer if it wasn't for Liam," I smiled as my eyes looked at the beautiful dark red roses.

"Anything else that I should know about all of you?" I asked as we slowly walked the gravel road.

"Well, Laura's with Egon now, he loves the kids and I do think there will be a massive wedding one day," Margo said, making Laura laugh.

"We're not planning to throw a gigantic wedding. Only a small one," I looked at her with a smile on my face.

"So you are thinking about it," she smiled as she looked to the side.

"We did talk about it but nothing is confirmed."

"Aldo's getting along with Audrey pretty well, Margherita is quite comfortable with Giorgio and that's pretty much all from the Rossi."

"What about you?" I asked, looking at her.

"Alex and I are pretty comfortable, so I guess you could say that we're going strong." I smiled as I looked back at the rose bushes. "But I'm glad that Liam's back in order. He's a terrible liar." I chuckled at that.

"I knew that would happen."

"He's too in love with you," Laura caressed my arm. "And you have no idea how much happiness that brings me," she admitted, making me smile. I turned to her before I placed a kiss on her temple.

We spent a good hour walking around and enjoying the morning air. We eventually stopped by one of the small stone benches right across from my rose bush.

I bent down to pick one of the roses and just as I stood back up, a hand covered my eyes. Another hand touched my waist but I knew it was him. No one was bold enough to approach me this unexpectedly.

"It's not nice to leave your boyfriend without a warning," he whispered in my ear before he placed a kiss on my cheek.

"I sincerely apologise, my love," I turned around and wrapped my hands around his neck before I kissed him. His arms wrapped around my waist before he pulled me off the ground. "Liam!" I squealed before he put me down and placed a kiss on my head. I looked past him to see Margo and Laura conversing about something. I looked back at my boy.

"I missed you," I smiled before I threaded my fingers in his hair. He wore a white sweatshirt with black pants and white sneakers, looking absolutely handsome.

"What are you up to today?"

"I was going to leave until lunch to meet with one of my head security people. I have some things to arrange and talk about sending some people to Sicily," I loved that he cared for me and was willing to help me out in any way. That's what I adored almost most about him.

"Thank you," he smiled before placing a kiss on my forehead.

"And I have to leave Rome in a few days. Apparently, Francesco has done some damage to the estate and I have to check it out." I nodded.

"Do you wish for me to accompany you?" He smiled but shook his head.

"I don't want any more danger for you. I'll be fine and I should be back in a few days after I leave." He pressed his lips to my forehead. "And I hope that after I'm back, we can go to Sicily and figure everything out." I smiled before pulling his face down to kiss him.

"Ti amo," he placed another kiss on my lips just as his phone began to ring. He took it out of his pocket and checked the caller. He rolled his eyes before he looked up at me.

"I have to leave but I promise I'll be back by lunch," I smiled before nodding. "I love you," he placed a kiss before turning to leave. "See you soon, girls," Laura and Margo waved at him before looking at me.

"He is whipped," I smiled before returning to the rose bush.

My heart was absolutely full.

But the devil wasn't so generous to let me live happily.

————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1M 390K 48
✥ The Mob Boss & His Therapist ✥ [part one/ unedited] BEING EDITED FOR FURTHER PUBLISHING Rafael Rossi, a glass like fragile Italian mob boss, who h...
181K 4.2K 34
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...
2.3M 83.5K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
1.4M 34.7K 47
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...