Book of Dragons

By AngrySnekBoi

Ima try to remake the book of dragons from httyd! Don't expect much tho. More

welcome
Fireworm
Monstrous Nightmare
Typhoomerangs
Terrible Terrors
Red Death
Gronckle
Screaming Death
Speed Stinger
Timberjack
Scauldron

Whispering Death

10 0 0
By AngrySnekBoi

Class: Boulder

Physical AppearanceEgg

In the series and in School of Dragons, these eggs are smooth and oval, and of a dark turquoise color with even darker spots. The ones in the series have smaller spots. In Dragons: Rise of Berk, they looked as if encrusted in a translucent crystal. They have jagged edges and a dark swirl in its middle. This dark swirl could possibly be the curled-up embryo of the baby Whispering Death.

Hatchling to Adult

Whispering Deaths are able to fly as soon as they hatch. Whispering Death hatchlings are also known to come back to their place of birth. Whispering Deaths more resemble a giant gulper eel than a Screaming Death, with bulging eyes, spiny face and six rows of rotating teeth in their mouths. They also greatly resemble a serpentine Deadly Nadder, but with no legs and only spikes decorating their undersides.

Rarely, some varieties that live in deep, lightless caverns have developed a protuberance from their snouts instead of a horn. At the end of this is a luminescent bulb to aid with the Whispering Death's sight.

Titan Wing

Titan Wing

Titan Wing Whispering Deaths are bigger and armed with many more rows of larger, sharper teeth, making them even more dangerous. They have bigger eyes that do not show their pupils, their eyes are encircled by a small white ring. Titan Wing Whispering Deaths are covered with more, sometimes larger, dark blue spikes. These spikes can be found on their chin, behind their eyes, their neck and on their tail. They have pairs of purple wings with glossy blue edges. Their body is sand brown and the bottom of their chin is faint purple in color.

In School of Dragons, Titan Wing Whispering Deaths also appear to have a crown of large, twisting horns around their head. Their eyes remain white while the area around them turns red and they grow larger. Their spines grow thicker and appear more across their body while getting shorter near the tail. Their wings also gain a blue stripe while becoming spikier along the edges.

AbilitiesBabies

Baby Whispering Deaths are able to fly as soon as they hatch. Young Whispering Deaths are more dangerous than adults, as they have less control of their jaws or their spines.

Jaw Strength

A Whispering Death has the ability to use its jaw to travel quickly through solid rock via drilling. But despite their powerful jaws, they can't drill through metal, specifically cast iron.

Rotating Teeth

Whispering Deaths have six inner rings of sharp teeth that can be rotated in opposite directions which helps the dragon to make tunnels. As these rows of teeth move backward, it literally sucks in everything in its path. This is called the vacuum effect.

Firepower

Whispering Deaths can breathe expanding rings of fire with a steady stream of fire in the middle. An immature Whispering Death's fire is considerably weaker than an adult's.

Strength and Combat

Whispering Deaths are very strong physically according to Fishlegs, as shown by Toothless' Nemesis being able to throw Toothless a great distance by using its tail. They are also able to carry the weight of Alvin and Mildew by the tail.

As proven by Toothless' Nemesis, the Whispering Death is one of the few dragons able to fight against a Night Fury.

Speed and Agility

The Whispering Death's body is long and extremely flexible, and it can simply spin its body in a circular motion at a high rate in order to fly faster. With its long, thin body, the tail often makes a whip-crack noise.

Spine Shot

Whispering Deaths are able to shoot their spines just like a Deadly Nadder, which grows on the head and along the length of his body. According to Fishlegs, they can shoot spines from any part of their body.

Tunneling

When the teeth move, they make an eerie noise that sounds like whispering. Hearing "The Whisper", together with the ground rumbling, are often the only two warning signs that a Whispering Death is coming from underground tunnels if it is not near the surface, throwing earth and rock. Toothless could detect the presence of one from Hiccup's bedroom, which is above ground level.

Endurance and Stamina

Whispering Deaths have high defense, being a Boulder Class dragon. They can take many attacks from their enemies as demonstrated quite profoundly by Toothless' Nemesis, who was able to fight against Toothless, and even survive getting slammed by two very large boulders in the face. Toothless Nemesis also withstood a Thunderdrum's sonic roar leading Gobber to remark that it doesn't seem to have 'its listening ears on'. However it is shown by one of the Whispering Death hatchlings that the Thunderdrum's sonic blast can only affect them in close range.

Senses and Immunity

Despite their poor eyesight, Whispering Deaths have acute hearing and smell as Toothless' Nemesis had heard a sheep in its tunnels before hearing Fishlegs' voice. It is also shown by the Screaming Death's Siblings that they can navigate in the dark with little light.

Apparently, it has immunity to the effects of conventional dragon nip. When Hiccup tried to use a dragon nip to stop an attacking Whispering Death, sniffing it just made the dragon sneeze.

Intelligence

Whispering Deaths are shown to have great intelligence as the babies were able to work together as a team to to pick up the Screaming Death, and Toothless' Nemesis was able to understand that Toothless was unable to fly.

Whispering Deaths are said to have a great memory, fact proven by Toothless' Nemesis, who remembered the grudge with the Night Fury for years and came back to finish it. Groundsplitter also recognized Hiccup as the one who helped her reunite with her son.

Hunting and Fishing

Whispering Deaths are shown to hunt from underground. It is quite possible they use tunnels to trap their prey so they can hunt much easier. It is also implied that the Whispering Death can swim, as the hatchling Whispering Deaths were shown to bring fish to their wounded Screaming Death sibling.

Stealth

Whispering Deaths are able to ambush their victims from the ground without being noticed.

Jaw Dislocation

Some Whispering Death individuals, such as Viperswish, are able to dislocate their jaws, enabling them to swallow larger victims completely whole.

WeaknessesLight Sensitivity

Being essentially underground cave dwellers, Whispering Deaths are sensitive to bright light and can be deterred by it. They can tolerate overcast conditions however, as long as the sun is not out or hidden behind cloud cover. Individuals with better vision, such as Wrylite, tend to be even more sensitive to bright light than typical members of the species. It is shown in "The Iron Gronckle" that, as babies, Whispering Deaths can be driven off by light from torches, but they seem to grow out of it by "Tunnel Vision".

Bite Limitations

Although Whispering Deaths can efficiently chew through rock and most other material, they are unable to break through metal plating, specifically cast iron.

Poor Eyesight

According to the School of Dragons Website, Whispering Deaths have poor eyesight. This might be connected to the lack of a visible pupil, or living in a dark environment.

Behavior and Personality

Whispering Deaths are extremely dangerous, like most other dragons, and are able to chew their victims after their ingestion, using their six rows of rotating teeth. They usually live in underground tunnels they burrow themselves, using a burrowing attack against oncoming enemy/prey.

The Dragon Manual once said that they were extremely dangerous and must be killed on the spot. Nevertheless, despite their fearsome reputation, they want their teeth to be brushed. In "What Flies Beneath", Fishlegs noticed that a Whispering Death's eyes were sensitive against direct sunlight, which is why it spends most of its time underground.

When Whispering Deaths find intruders in their tunnels, they will forcibly eject them from the nearest pit. This was done to Bucket, but later, when he did the same to Hiccup, he also tried to kill him, pursuing him even above the ground; this may be because although Bucket had simply fallen in, Hiccup was caught running along its tunnel system. Perhaps the dragon believed he was deeply invading his territory or he smelled Toothless' scent on Hiccup thinking they are allies.

Whispering Deaths are known to be more dangerous in their infant stages, in contrast to their adult forms. They say that they have less control over their rotating teeth and spines, and are described to be "out of control saw blades". Young Whispering Deaths are known to be extremely territorial of their homeland, "claiming it as their own".

Though most varieties of Whispering Deaths spend most or part of their time underground, Rushing Deaths spend a considerable amount of time above ground in well-shaded woods. They hunt fish by opening their maws downstream and wait for fish to swim in their mouths.

Training

Whispering Deaths are almost untrainable. They are very destructive and aggressive in nature, attacking anything in their way and are generally feared by other dragons and humans in general. The only way to train a Whispering Death would be to capture it and take your time until you eventually gain its trust (as shown with Alvin and his Whispering Death) or by raising one as a hatchling (as shown with Hiccup and his Whispering Death). You can earn a Whispering Death's respect if you help reunite it with a family member or save its life (as shown with Hiccup and Groundsplitter). Whispering Deaths love to be brushed, especially their teeth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 50 16
... all three books will be under editing until I know I didn't make any mistakes other wise they are completed!
937K 29.1K 118
All rights reserved. Your a lonely girl. Your family died along time ago on a forgotten island far away. You was always bullied as a child. Some...
9.8K 269 10
|| Book 1 of 2 || Dragons intrigue Marish and there is only one person who loves them as much as she does. The question is whether she can help defen...
403K 10.7K 27
This is during dragons race to the edge. Where Hiccup and Toothless are in for more danger by an unexpected culture Okay it's not the BEST descriptio...