Rise of Kings and Queens

By lobo1989

The year is 0026 in the United World Century. Esme Cyr and her squad are the new world military leaders. Thei... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 16

21 6 17
By lobo1989

REFUGEE SHELTER UNDER THE PROTECTION OF THE WORLD MILITARY ATTACKED BY DEPENDENCY.

By L.M.Taurus

4/5/0027 UWC

24 hours before headline

Fyn arrived in Ottawa, Canada from an airship where he was greeted by Esme and Luan.

"Welcome to Ottawa, Canada," said Luan with a hug.

"Thank you," said Fyn. "How did the meeting with Brodie Noble go?"

"Too early to tell," answered Esme as she gave Fyn a kiss on the cheek.

"We still have no idea if he's going to ease up on the refugees, but I don't think he's part of Dependency," said Luan.

"Shame," said Fyn. "It would have been nice to arrest that asshole."

"I don't think he's that bad," said Luan. "I think he's going about things all wrong, but I do think he cares about his people."

"Don't tell me you bonded with that bigot."

"I definitely did not," said Luan. "But I understand him. Man is getting rich off a cause he believes in. I can't blame him."

"Okay cuz," said Fyn, turning to Esme. "Why am I here if you don't think Brodie Noble is part of Dependency?"

"We got a tip that Dependency is in the area," answered Esme. "If they are here, three world military leaders are better than two."

"Alright, now where are we heading?"

"Let's start at downtown's refugee shelter," said Luan. "I would like to introduce you to the leader of their operation. She's quite impressive."

Two men came off of the airship carrying a large crate. "Sir, where do you want us to put this?"

Fyn looked at Luan and Esme. "My armor," he told them. "Where should they put it?"

"Everyone follow me," said Luan, leading them to his vehicle.

****

Fyn, Esme and Luan arrived at the shelter where they were greeted by Esterline. Luan greeted her with a hug.

"Everyone, meet Esterline," said Luan. "Esterline, these are my squadmates, Esme and Fyn."

"I know very well who they are," said Esterline. "It's an honour to meet you both."

"Esterline has been running the operation here," said Luan. "And does a great job. She's helped out a lot of people here which you can imagine is extremely hard considering this is also Brodie Noble's hometown."

Esme walked up to Esterline and offered her hand. "Thank you very much for what you've been doing here. I know it couldn't be easy."

"It's the least I could do," said Esterline, shaking her hand.

"Show us around. I would like to see how things have been running here."

"Follow me," said Esterline, leading them inside.

Luan and Fyn stayed behind. "Something up?"

"Just want to get my armor out of the vehicle," answered Fyn as he opened the trunk and pulled out the crate.

"Leave that there. We can take it to the hotel later or are you planning to get into a fight soon."

"Not at all," said Fyn as he held the crate. "I'm planning to stay the night at the shelter."

"Excuse me?"

"Like Esme said, this is Brodie Noble's hometown. If Dependency is going to try to get his attention, what better way than to attack the refugee shelter in his hometown."

"I see what you're saying."

Fyn carried the crate inside as Luan led the way. They made it into a room with a cot in it. "I guess you can stay here," said Luan. "It's no hotel, but you can see that."

"This works. Mind if I have some privacy."

"You're planning to change into your armor? Why?"

"I want my presence to be felt. I want these people to know we are here to protect them."

"You can do that without having your armor on."

"The armor sends a bigger statement."

"Whatever you say, golden boy. I'll be outside." Luan left the room.

Piece by piece, Fyn put his armor on. When he finished, he looked down at himself, admiring the armor. He left the room and entered the main hall where there were many refugees who all stopped what they were doing to stare at him.

"Why is he wearing his armor?" Esme asked Luan.

"He wanted his presence felt," answered Luan.

"I think it's working," said Eesterline. "He is quite the man," she said, admiring him from afar.

"You are not the only one to think so," said Esme. "Fyn is our golden boy after all."

The refugees came up to Fyn, offering him anything they could find so he could sign it for them. Fyn obliged them all. He did this for the next hour as the other world military leaders worked around the facility with Esterline.

When Fyn was done, he took a seat. Esterline came over with a tray of food and offered it to him. "Thank you," said Fyn.

"No, thank you," said Esterline. "What you did there really lightened up everyone's mood. I've never seen these people so happy."

"It's the least I could do. I know you guys were working while I entertained everyone. What I did is nothing compared to what you do everyday."

"I wouldn't be too sure of that," said Esterline. "There's a reason why you're a world military leader."

"Me being a world military leader was a group effort. I wouldn't be here without my squadmates." Fyn and Esterline looked up to see Esme and Luan as they finished cleaning up.

"Hey Esterline," Luan called out. "I think we're done here. See you tomorrow."

"Yeah, that's fine," said Esterline. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye, Fyn," said Luan. "Try to get some rest." Esme waved goodbye to them as she left with Luan.

"You're not going with them?" Esterline asked Fyn.

"No," answered Fyn. "I'm staying here for tonight and probably the rest of the week. I want the city to know this shelter is under the protection of the world military."

"You don't have to do that."

"I want to."

There was a blast at the entrance that caused Fyn and Esterline to suddenly stand. Fyn spilled his food on the floor. "What was that?" asked Esterline.

"That sounded like a cannon shot," said Fyn as he stood in front of her.

Esme and Luan returned inside. Esme was holding Luan up by the shoulder as they limped inside. Fyn ran up to them and helped with Luan. Esterline joined them.

"Dependency is here," said Esme.

"How do you know it's them?" asked Fyn.

Agent of Dependency entered the building with a modified armor, his followers behind him. "Now what do we have here," said the Agent. "Three world military leaders in a rat's nest."

"Oh," said Fyn as he helped carry Luan away.

Agent of Dependency new armor had an arm-cannon which he used to aim towards the world military leaders.

"Watch out!" yelled Esme as she pushed Esterline out of the way.

Agent of Dependency fired his arm-cannon. Fyn got in everyone's way and put up his shield to block the attack. The blast connected with his shield, but the impact still blasted the three world leaders away.

Fyn and Esme landed next to each other while Luan landed closer to where Esterline was. Agent of Dependency's men were all congratulating him on his attack. Esterline used this moment to pull Luan to safety.

"I see why they wanted Lin Crespo," said Fyn as he and Esme still laid on the floor.

"Oh you can see that," mocked Esme. "Look, I don't have my armor nearby, you're going to have to take Agent of Dependency down yourself."

Fyn and Esme pulled themselves up as the Agent of Dependency's men destroyed the shelter.

"I'll try to handle the lackeys," said Esme.

"What happened to Luan?" asked Fyn.

"I saw Esterline pull him away. Just worry about the Agent of Dependency. We need to take him down now. He's way too dangerous to let escape."

Fyn pulled out his club from his armor and handed it to Esme. "Don't show them any mercy, cuz," he said as he pulled out his sword.

"You neither," she said, going after the nearest thug.

Fyn went to the Agent of Dependency who just waited for him. Fyn tried to read him but couldn't with that golden mask he wore. Agent of Dependency pulled out a sword.

"Ready for round two," said Agent of Dependency. "I don't think it's going to go for you like it did back then.

"Who are you?" asked Fyn.

"You already know the answer to that. I'm the Agent of Dependency."

"What's your real name?"

"Not important," said Agent of Dependency as he took a swing at Fyn.

Fyn moved to the side as the sword came down. Fyn slashed at the Agent who blocked the attack with the cannon. The two went all out at it while Esme took down the lackeys around them. Some of the lackeys were burning down the facility. There were too many of them for Esme to take down while the place around them began to burn.

"Fyn," she called out. "We have to retreat." She coughed, the smoke getting into her lungs.

Fyn ignored her as he was getting the upper hand on Agent of Dependency. Fyn brought down his sword three times on top of Agent of Dependency who blocked it with his own sword. Agent of Dependency's sword broke in half on the third impact. Fyn thought he won. Agent of Dependency was on the floor beneath him. Fyn let his guard down as Agent of Dependency aimed his arm-cannon point blank at Fyn's chest. Fyn brought up his shield just as Agent of Dependency fired.

Fyn was sent flying across the room. Agent of Dependency had to pull his mask off as it got burned by the blast. He was coughing excessively. His men helped him up to his feet and carried him out. No one was able to see his face over the smoke.

Esme grabbed Fyn by his armor and pulled him outside through the back. When they got out of the building, Esterline came to their aid and finished pulling Fyn to safety. Esme pulled Fyn's helmet off and found him unconscious.

"Wake up," said Esme as she slapped him. Fyn woke up and she hugged him. "Thank God you're alive."

"What happened?" asked Fyn as he looked around and saw the shelter burning. "Where's the Agent?"

"He got away," answered Esme.

Fyn looked down at himself. His shield was destroyed and so was some of his chest armor. "That arm-cannon is no joke. He could have killed me if I hadn't shielded myself." Fyn got up on his feet.

Fyn, Esme and Esterline stood in defeat as they watched the shelter burn down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

943 128 18
Bru, a child created by the Womb of the Daughter of the Generations colony ship, is the first of her kind in 200 years, and the ship's natural-born i...
70 13 13
It was 2050, the year of the misery.The world War 3 happened, a nuclear war which ended up making the earth inhabited. But luckily there were survivo...
741 167 45
In the near future, humans have colonized Mars, joined pirates in space, and divided Earth into two vastly different nations: The United Empires and...
42 0 8
Humanity's desire to develop teleportation has gone horribly wrong... An experiment in Eurasia has ripped a hole in-between two plains of existence;...