Letting Go

By lunawritesatnight

A short story of betrayal, finding oneself, and letting go. More

Finding Out
She's Gone
Letting Go

Moving On

4.5K 119 10
By lunawritesatnight

It's been three years since you left him. Did you have regrets? Of course you did. You were terrified to be on your own, without his love and support. Your self doubt was so strong that you almost convinced yourself to maybe answer one of his many calls. You never did though. You had to put yourself first. If you had never done that, then you wouldn't have met the real love of your life.

An arm wrapped your waist, interrupting your thoughts, and rested his hand on your small bump. "How are my two favourite girls doing?"

Warmth filled you on the inside. You never truly thought you could be this happy again yet here you were with a family of your own. Sometimes you were haunted by the memories but as years passed, it all got easier.

That's the thing about love. Everyone always promises it will last forever. You thought that too as well. After you got in that taxi, you realized that the love between you two had been missing for quite sometime. It was a hard pill to swallow. Neither one of you wanted to see it or accept it. You'll never forget the pain you felt seeing him love someone else when he was supposed to be loving you though.

"We're good, love. We're really good." You finished plating the chocolate chip cookies and you passed it to him.

"Did I ever thank you for bumping into me and spilling coffee down my shirt?" He asked, teasing you about how you two first met.

"Everyday." You kissed him on his cheek and you both walked to the living room where you binged some tv until you fell asleep.

This was true happiness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.5K 2.2K 27
Steve did a terrible mistake not trusting his wife his life he told her to leave only to understand his mistake. She left away starting a new life af...
31.2K 587 10
sawyer nguyen: eden hall's one and only female varsity player. she had skipped the sixth grade, making her a sophomore at the age of a freshman. this...
3.2M 186K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
86 50 6
Love Direction: Silvanus Lianne Fernandez is a brave and fierce person. She will do anything for her family, especially for her mother and siblings. ...