Midnight Neighbor | 18+

By akawaiiisan

♤♤ MATURE CONTENT warning ♤♤ • • • He's charming. He's handsome, hot as f*ck, talented, charismatic. People h... More

|| summary ||
0|| Disclaimer
1|| You're like, ancient Soph
2|| Negligence
3|| Unaware
4|| Her ignorance
5|| Familiar
6|| A Shocker
7|| Disbelief
8|| It will end in tears
9|| Realization
10|| Game
11|| Olivia
12||Harrassment and Assault
13|| Fail Safe Plan
14|| Risky
15||For his Sanity
16|| Conflicted
17|| Overreaching
18|| Shameless
19|| Blessing
20|| Undercurrents
21|| A Memorable Night
22|| Only for you
23|| Drive you wild
24|| Behind The Scenes
25|| Starved
26|| Much too Impulsive
27|| Interrogation at its Finest
28|| Dangerous urges
29|| Insatiable
30|| Snake (part 1)
30|| Snake (part 2)
31|| Unease
32|| Honesty
33|| Assumptions
34|| Bad Memories
35|| Who is that Woman
36|| His Persistence
37|| Unforseen Changes
38|| Banter
39|| Burning Curiosity
41|| Undercurrents Flow Once Again
42|| Unbelievable
43|| Oversight
44|| A Small glimpse is Enough
45|| Recklessness
46|| Show me
47|| Accidents and Confrontations
48|| Say it
49|| Exposed
50|| First Impressions Last
51|| Two Truths and a Lie
52|| Always Two Steps Ahead
53|| Silent Wars
54|| Then comes the Fall
55|| A Gift
56|| Contempt
57|| Hurt people
58|| Importance
59|| Quite the Scare
60|| Making Plans
61|| Her Dominance -Shortlived
62|| Angst
63|| Theft of Joy
64|| Uncertainties
65|| Under Pressure
66||Miranda
67|| Motherly Woes
68|| Blame
69|| Bittersweet
70|| Priorities
71|| Art of Gathering Information
72||Cater to You
73|| Keep a Secret
74|| Love so Pure
||Content With You {MN extras 1/?}
||Content With You {MN extras 2/?}
|| Her neighbor {MN extra 1/?}

40|| Petrified

8K 399 512
By akawaiiisan

Unedited~
• • •

Olivia?

Seong and Sophia both were equally amused but helpless at the same time. Their new addition, Olivia, was friendly. She was almost too friendly and for reasons that were unknown to them.

Sophia always knew to trust her gut and her gut was only saying one thing. Competition?

That one word made many warning bells go off inside her head. She wanted to frown but kept her face moderately expressionless. Remembering how this woman confidently stood close to Elijah, almost as if she silently bragged with that clear smile on her face. It really rubbed Sophia in many ways, none of which were positive.

This new feeling felt very strange to Sophia who was experiencing it firsthand. It gave her a chance to imagine how Elijah probably felt a short while ago.

...Was this...possessiveness?

In only a second after meeting this new lady. Sophia trusted her gut's instinct and promptly decided that she didn't like her.

Sophia was very reluctant to follow and Seong moved in tune with her. The woman standing before them, Olivia, most likely guessed it. She didn't speak of that further and stood there with no intention to move. She then continued to prattle on in a sickly sweet voice about Sophia's necklace but her interest felt misguided...ingenuine even.

Not only that...it was getting annoying really really fast.

Sophia forced out a smile, nodding along to Olivia while discreetly signaling to Seong.

Maybe it was time they went back to their tables.

"Oh I'm-" Sophia cut the woman off midsentence, "really happy to hear about your collection, it sounds amazing."

Olivia looked surprised at the disruption at first then she smiled softly, "It was amazing but unfortunately, it's no longer in my hands."

"...Sorry to hear that," Sophia tried not to look at her too strangely.

Olivia immediately laughed, the longing look in her eyes vanishing as she came back to the present. "Really sorry to bore you like this," she waved her hand dismissively.

"-I actually have something else I wanted to ask but I'm not sure if this would be the right time or place.." Olivia thinly pursed her lips and looked around.

Sophia also took a short look around and the environment around them were no less populated than it was before.

Sophia was tempted to brush off whatever question that woman had for her. It wouldn't be polite so Sophia simply pursed her lips. Her feet were beginning to feel sore but she soldiered through it all, planting a small smile onto her face afterward, "Its fine, really."

Olivia still looked unsure, "I guess..." she turned to look over her shoulder before turning back and taking a step forward.

Her actions surprised Sophia and she didn't even get the time to take a step backwards to put some comfortable space back in between them before Olivia continued, "-Do you know Elijah?"

Sophia froze and both of her eyebrows flew upwards before furrowing. "...What?"

Sophia was less surprised from the question though, she was more surprised by Olivia calling Elijah by his name.

So they were close!

She had that quick revelation as Olivia stared at her in silence, waiting for her response.

Olivia took another step forward, tilting her head to the side. "It was no ones imagination, what just happened," her voice dropped an octave, "and I've never seen him do that before...for anyone."

"-I know Elijah very well," She continued without a pause, using a hand to gesture his direction. Elijah was still busying himself with Joshua. To Sophia it was more like that poor guy was being interrogated. "Yet I've never seen him pause to look at anyone like that."

Sophia's eyebrows went higher, almost dissapearing into her hairline. She was even more taken aback by Olivia's tone, laced with skepticism and an underlining accusation, but for what? Sophia truly had no idea.

So this woman stayed here for a questioning session because of one look?

And I thought my gut instincts were amazing. Sophia laughed internally. She didn't know what to make of Olivia.

Was it delusional or just pure crazy?

"...Are you for real?" Sophia replied dimly? Not backing away an inch.

"Hmm?"

"She's asking if you're being serious," Seong was quick to clarify, a small frown on his lips.

Olivia stared at them both, mostly in expressionless silence before planting another sweet smile on her lips, "I...I must be getting ahead of myself, my apologies."

Sophia nodded slowly but Seong still looked as lost as ever. She couldn't blame him.

"But-" Olivia quickly recovered, "It'd be better for everyone if you don't think too much about what happened just now," she spoke with a sigh, "Elijah isn't short of women falling at his feet wherever he goes and we certainly do not need another with what's already there."

Sophia came to a conclusion. Olivia was both delusional and crazy. She wanted to laugh as she realized what Olivia was really doing here. She barely caught it and a giggle almost slipped through.

What a doll...nipping the 'competition' at the bud before it began sprouting baby leaves.

Sophia didn't know whether to pat herself on the back because this lady found her threatening enough to stay and question her or to laugh because apparently this lady was of the view that she had any upper hand in this situation.

It was ironic really.

The fact that Olivia truly had no idea...

Seong was the first one to laugh and then he opened his mouth to speak. Sophia immediately shushed him before Olivia noticed.

Quiet...Seong. Let her live in her delusion for just a bit longer...

"Dont make things harder for yourself in the longer run," Olivia was still going, "you'll only end up hurting yourself, especially since Elijah's engaged..."

Sophia was just about to nod and play along, simply to humour her. Hearing the latter part of Olivia's statement however, made her pause. "-What?"

The surprise she felt was shortlived, Sophia only wanted to curse after seeing a spark come alive inside Olivia's eyes. "So you do know him."

"I never said I didn't, You seemed to like talking so I left the floor to you." Sophia muttered, an eyebrow raised. It was finally her turn to be skeptical.

"Mr Osoro engaged?" It was Seong who whispered and it turned a few heads here and there. There was no surprise in his eyes or words though, only disbelief. He then looked around afterward, slowly shrinking from the eyes that began watching him.

Sophia waved him off and this time she laughed. If Olivia said Mr Osoro had a clown costume that he wore to surprise children on their birthdays, she would be more inclined to believe that.

Absolute bullshit. She turned to peek over at Elijah's direction (he was still looking elsewhere), before turning back to Olivia, "Oh really? You sure about that?"

"Give it time," Olivia smiled, albeit stiffly.

"So he's not engaged, thats what you're implying-" Seong murmured flatly.

"Not yet," Olivia sighed before fixing her eyes on Sophia, "I'm very curious though..."

Sophia laughed to herself and didn't reply, only waiting for her to continue. This was an absolute waste of time but God dammit, it was fun! Were there others like her? Sophia felt the urge to take a walk and find out.

"-Are you a new...friend of his? Only a blind person would miss how he looked at you just n-"

"Are you a cop?" Sophia replied, watching as Olivia's face began slowly heating up.

"...If you've been here long enough you'd hear about me. You look new...like new money, we can always tell."

Sophia shared a look with Seong, again. Her necklace was drawing far too much attention from the day began. Sophia was much inclined to blame Elijah. Not only that but her outfit...did she really look way upper class? Being like this?

"-Tell me," Olivia continued without waiting for any input, "I haven't gotten your name?"

"This has been really fun but, I don't believe I have to tell you anything," Sophia turned away, "-lets go Seong."

Seong nodded with a laugh and they left just a fast as they came. "You handled that so well," he spoke under his breath, "I almost got hard."

"You know broken penises are a thing right? I could let you experience it."

"Okay okay..." he immediately held up his hands in surrender. "Kayla already told me about it in great detail, with pictures too...you know, one time she even had this fling and she did reverse cowgirl and it actually-"

"Stop!" Sophia was horrified, "I don't even wanna know how you know that."

"-C'mon don't look at me like that, you know she isnt exactly hush hush on the topic of her nightlife-!"

Both of them walked off without sparing so much of a second glance at Olivia who was red in the face behind them. Watching them leave.

They walked the short distance until they were finally back to where they had been previously sitting before. Seong was the first one to break the ambiguity in the air around them after they settled in, "That was...weird."

"Very," Sophia muttered, reaching into her purse to apply more lip gloss.

"That man of yours is definitely not short of the crazies," Seong muttered, a sour look on his face as he downed the remainder of his drink.

Sophia nodded. Why did it feel like she would not be short of having interactions like those in the near future. What's worse, it felt more like she was being talked down to at first. Being questioned like that by a stranger really left a bad taste in her mouth.

But surely, Olivia wasn't making it a habit to do that to everyone Elijah made breif eye contact with...

That'd be crazy.

Seems like she had a new topic to grill Elijah about in the near future.

Sophia took up her non alcoholic drink and was about to take one more sip only to pause mid action.

...Right.

Her bladder was starting to scream. And it wasn't a gentle scream either.

With a small sigh, Sophia placed the drink down and got up. Seong's head immediately snapped to her. The question in his eyes.

"I wont be long," she answered his question before he spoke it, "I think I saw a restroom sign just right around that side." She spoke mostly to herself than him.

Seong immediately got up, "I'll come with-"

"No need," Sophia shook her head, not wanting to be babied, "If you see Kayla tell her I'll be back." She was off before she could hear his reply.

She walked in a straight line to her right, slipping through gaps and maneuvering herself expertly past waiters and other attendees.

Her eyes were fixated on her destination and minutes later, she disappeared into a wide open hallway.

♡♤

Meanwhile, at a certain table, a thick stifling silence surrounded everyone present.

"She left," One of the occupants around the table muttered, her head was following the figure of a woman who soon dissapeared into the crowd.

Olivia looked up seconds later, frowning. Her frown had been etched onto her face ever since she was disregarded like unimportant paper by a woman who's name was still unknown.

It did a number on her pride.

Regardless of their current family situation, with their family history alone, few would dare to brush them off this easily.

Olivia could only purse her lips in distaste. If this was a year or two ago, she'd already have someone deep diving into the identity of that woman. But now, unfortunately, to do that she'd need money to employ people with means to do so.

Right now...she could barely keep herself afloat while keeping up pretences at the same time. She couldn't even think of making that deciding call.

"Where?" She replied after a short while, fixing her gaze onto her friends. These two were both brunettes, both sparsely tanned and twins even though they didn't look the same. They were her main companions at events like these.

"I'm not sure," the one who just spoke answered. "I could go and try following her-?"

"No need," Olivia immediately shut her down, "just...forget her." Olivia grumbled, rolling her eyes. She still felt irritated about their interaction but because of her situation, she was much more obliged to leave it as it is. Plus...she wouldn't be seeing that woman after today nor could she do anything now.

As stressed as she was already, Olivia decided not to not bother herself about it.

Maybe sometime in the future, when their family issue got smoothed over, she'd think about bring up that old grudge.

Olivia turned her gaze off her friends and back towards Elijah, who was now joined by his siblings and Father. She had to sigh. He stuck out brilliantly, like a gem still rough around the edges. It was obvious that his younger brother remained in his shadow but somehow, he still shined in his own way.

The shortest one there looked like the most polished and dainty gem, even though Olivia knew she was anything but. Amelia's mouth alone would've gotten her in trouble with many if she didn't have such a strong background.

Behind them was a man that still stood strong, even though his hair was starting to show some gray strands. Unlike his son, he was completely polished and had a different air. With many years of experience under his belt.

The Osoro's were a beautiful family and that name alone could make all of Olivia's problems disappear. She wanted to walk back over there but didn't bother. Amelia was standing there and was her only deterrent. She still hadn't recovered from the headache she got last time, brought forth by Amelia's loose tongue.

Why on earth were kids allowed to speak that freely without consequences inside that family? Olivia began wondering.

"Hi, oh my legs hurt-!"

One of the chairs at their table was pulled back and someone sat down heavily before Olivia could properly see who it was.

As Olivia saw, she only frowned a bit, "You're here?"

"Oh yes...my legs were beginning to hurt, I do not know how those men are able to stand for such long periods without pain."

"...Right, Seinna."

The woman, after hearing her name, smiled, "You know...I've heard quite a lot about you from your brother and you're a lot prettier and nicer in person."

Olivia nodded but didn't even crack a tiny smile, "So I've been told. I only heard you were partnering with my brother, I hope all is well so far."

Seinna still smiled although it seemed a bit stiff now, "He's a real darling to work with, he meets all our expectations without problems."

Olivia nodded slowly, "Good to hear."

"But," Seinna quickly spoke up, "It's you I want to know more about."

Hearing her, Olivia couldn't help but smile wryly. For the longest of times she grew up knowing to be weary of people who spoke with sugary sweet tongues and smiled more than the average person would.

Right now the weary feeling was multiplied because Seinna was all that and more. "I wonder why...?" Olivia replied in turn.

"Well, for one, you're really elegant. I wouldn't be surprised if you had twenty men falling at your feet daily-"

"What do you mean?" Olivia raised a brow, "You think I must be promiscuous or something?"

Seinna immediately gasped, "Nothing of that sort, plus...even a blind man can see, you obviously only have the hots for one man attending this event," she giggled, bringing her hand up to cover her mouth.

Olivia didn't reply at first, only smiling a small smile as her fingers began to trail around the tip of the glass cup. "I guess you could say so."

"Its unfortunate though..." Seinna's smile slowly faded away, "It doesn't seem as if he carries similar feelings."

Olivia, and everyone else at the table, froze. "...What?"

Seinna immediately planted an innocent look on her face and her smile immediately came back. Olivia thought that smile was more fake than plastic. Why? Because Olivia also smiled like that most of the time.

"-I don't mean to cause trouble," Seinna spoke after her sudden intake of breath, "but observation is one of my strongest points and...after observing for quite a while...I never saw your 'man' look over here, not even once."

Olivia blinked, then her eyebrows were furrowed tight, "What are you playing at?"

"Just...observation," Seinna covered her mouth with another (very annoying) giggle, "very few things can slip my notice and that's simply one of them."

"Oh yeah? Then what's your reason? Being here right now...telling me this?" Olivia tried to gauge the woman before her but got nothing. The innocent look plus the unphased smile were an unmatched combo. Olivia could not tell what Seinna was thinking.

"I just think you should start observing more," Seinna laughed with a shake of her head. "Maybe only then you'll realize that his eyes have only been glued to one specific table ever since he got here," Seinna got up from her chair soundlessly.

"Wait, what table-?" Olivia got up to ask but Sienna was already gone.

Olivia sat back down, dejectedly as Seinnas form dissapeared into the masses. Her dejected persona only lasted for some seconds though, because she immediately squared her shoulders, turning her head to stare at Elijah with a frown.

She'd get to the bottom of this tonight.

♤♡

Seinna only walked a few paces after dissapearing into the crowd and her smile fell completely after she felt she was no longer being watched.

Her eyes were cold and calculating and she walked to stand right next to a man that looked equally cold and unapproachable.

"I did it," She spoke after some time passed, interlocking her arm into his outstretched one.

"Good," Isaac muttered in return, his voice almost inaudible over the sounds of people busily speaking around them.

Sienna could only frown, "I don't get it."

"What?"

"This plan you're cooking up in that head of yours."

Isaac's eyes slid to her then he looked away, "You don't need to 'get it', just do what I ask."

"You can't keep having me in the dark Isaac," Seinna huffed, "Do I seem that incapable to you?"

"You're not," he quipped back, but made no effort to placate her further.

"...Well?"

"I just noticed something that's all."

"I'm listening."

Isaac turned towards her and after seeing that she had no intention to drop it, he sighed. "I just think that this event itself is unimportant...in retrospect, it seems as if the night is revolving around one person."

"Wonder how you came to that conclusion," Seinna muttered with a roll of her eyes. She wasn't of that same opinion. While she was busy walking around and trying to find something they could use, this man simply stood in an empty space, observing in brooding silence after they departed from Marcelo's side.

"If you were paying attention for as long as I have, you'd start noticing too."

"Just get to the point, old man."

Isacc head snapped to the side and he glared at her for that remark, he soon looked away with a tiny huff, "It's not everyday we get a chance like what we have now so dont tell me you haven't noticed how distracted that man is tonight."

"Who? Mr Osoro?" Seinna whispered.

"Who else, Seinna?" He sighed, "Plus...Considering all the events before this one, last year even...Mr Osoro should've left almost half an hour ago...yet he's still here."

Seinna frowned, "..Eh?"

"Dont look at me like that, we have data and the only reason the event dimmed in comparison to the afterparty charity event was because that man always dissapeared shortly after giving his opening speech. Just take a look yourself, He hasn't left yet has he."

"That could mean anything...what if it's 'cause his Father is here."

"Any irregularities could be a sign for something deeper..."

"Or maybe you're just a little too obsessed," Seinna murmured under her breath. Isaac ignored it.

"You could be right, I could be wrong," he laughed. His gravelly voice sounded as if it weren't made for laughing, "-let's just wait and see."

Seinna sucked on her teeth, but didn't reply.

♤ ♡

Sophia later came from the hallway feeling lighter than air, her bladder was no longer screaming. It was kinda unfortunate that she had to wait in a short line to relieve herself but all was well now that she was through with that hell.

Sophia thought little of it, and began making her way back. The event had been going on for quite a while now and it seemed as if the crowd was thicker as people from the outside streamed in in droves.

Sophia hit her shoulder with others more than twice as she tried to walk the same way back. She gave up completely after almost having her toe crushed.

She turned and walked towards the sidelines, taking a breath. Conveniently, a table was nearby so Sophia stopped and got herself small servings of chocolate and a glass with a little wine out of all the sweets and desserts they offered.

She eyed the wine for quite a while, debating on whether or not to put alcohol in her system but then gave up. She wasn't an extreme lightweight who'd get tipsy from this little amount of wine anyway.

She took small bites of the chocolate and ate it with the wine. It was good and not only was it good, it tugged on her heartstrings as it reminded her of her first date with Elijah.

Sophia smiled to herself and her face slowly started heating up as her mind went to other places, remembering the kiss that came after.

The first kiss wasn't it...Her body felt tense just thinking of it.

Sophia looked around, unable to mask the longing in her eyes as she tried to spot Elijah. She had no luck, she was already too far from where she originally sat.

She cursed. Where did this many people come from?

Sophia chose to take a good breather, finishing the chocolate and wine then discarding the glass on a passing waiter's tray before steeling herself and walking back.

It was a arduous journey... and Sophia wanted to sneeze from the stench of perfumes she was exposed to. Moments later, Sophia started feeling wry of the gazes that began following her. It started with one person but soon few more also took notice of her.

She realized a step too late that it was a terrible decision to go this way and immediately took steps backwards. It was futile. The damage was already done and she had already been noticed by some people who came from her floor.

It wasn't a good sign.

Because of a wrong step, Sophia was pushed forward by a woman who was distractedly hurrying towards some other direction. Sophia gasped and barely caught herself before nearly face planting into someone's back. It was close.. too close! Sophia held her breath and righted herself quickly, thanking the heavens that she hadn't fell into that person before immediately moving away to make her escape.

A hand on her wrist stopped her from going further.

Sophia had a bad gut feeling. The hand on her wrist prevented her from moving and the grip was firm. Looking towards the owner of said hand only confirmed he worst fears.

Fucking hell!

Ethan stood, a drink in his other hand and he looked just as shocked to see her, if not more. His eyes then got bright as he smiled, "Sop- I mean, Miss Smith! You finally came looking for me?"

Sophia smiled stiffly, harshly tugging her hand out of his, "No," she shot him down cold. Snipping the misunderstanding from the bud.

"-Actually, I was making my way back..."

"Back?" Ethan looked confused and turned, "All the way over there? Why not stay here with your department?"

"I uh...the seating arrangements were already made so..." Sophia tried her best to look apologetic as she dodged him and made her escape.

Muttering her sorrys and excuse mes, Sophia made her way around the groups and bundles of people that stood around, speaking heatedly amongst themselves. They were certainly not the brightest bulbs, not even one of them realized that standing about like this quite literally made it hell for waiters and other people trying to get to other places.

Sophia quickly got into a similar situation like the last. The taller male did not see her coming and moved. Sophia quickly backed away to not walk into him which only made her collide into the person standing behind her instead.

"Ah..." the man behind her coughed. His cough was laced with underlying humor. "-This can't keep happening."

Sophia's blood ran cold as she felt a hand on her waist, helping her to stand and straighten herself. She immediately tore out if his grip and turned to face him with wide eyes, "Why are you following me?"

"Following you?" Ethan raised an eyebrow, "no no, we just happened to be going in the same direction."

Sophia stared at him dimly, "Cut the bullshit."

Both of his eyebrows flew upwards, "You're using that language with me? Sophia? With your supervisor?"

Sophia blinked, then her eyes immediately narrowed into a glare. Ethan was really beginning to get on her last nerve. "I...You know what, I dont care if you're the fucking president, don't follow me."

Ethan looked surprised at her tone and quite literally everything else about her demeanor. After a while, his expression went dark, smile completely vanishing from his lips, "Oh I see...so spending some time being the Chief Executive's whore really put a bit of confidence in you."

What..did he say?

Sophia literally froze and her heart did a weird flip in her chest that made her breath hitch at her throat for a single second. Before she could even process the bit of shock from his sudden words, the hand on her wrist tugged her forward and she practically collapsed into Ethan's open embrace.

Sophia was still frozen stiff as his hands came around her waist, landing on the small of her back and holding her still against him. Sophia dumbfoundment lasted only for a few seconds, she quickly recovered and twisted in his grip with a gasp.

"Shh, Sophia, don't make a scene," she heard him chuckle right at her ear.

"You-"

"I said shut up Sophia," his hand around her was tight almost to the point that it hurt. Sophia could only gasp as her heart began thudding in her chest.

"You see..." he murmered over the hush of voices around them, "I know a lot of things, you fucking the CEO just so happens to be one of them." Ethan leaned away, smiling as Sophia stared up at him, her eyes were wide and even her tongue was absent of words.

She was shocked into silence.

Ethan seemed pleased by this, only leaning forward to murmer, "You weren't always this mouthy...really makes me miss those old days."

"So perfect," he tsked, "Did everything I asked without complaints...no matter how irritating and stressful it became, didn't talk back, never questioned the work I gave...you charmed me back then Sophia." He stared at her with a look in his eyes, one that made Sophia feel sick. She instinctively took a step back but his hand on the small of her back kept her stationary.

Sophia tongue was still unable to move. She didn't even know how to react to this. Her 'small' dilemma with Ethan was so much worse than she thought...truly. All of this happening so suddenly when she was slighted by the people around her nearly left her disoriented.

"-I always liked a woman that knew when and how to stay silent and right now," He continued without pause, "-I only wonder what else that man stuffed inside you for you to think it's okay to speak to me like this."

"Let go," were the only words Sophia managed to force out, her mind was still reeling. To others around them, they probably looked normal but in reality, Sophia was glaring up at him the the heat of a thousand suns and Ethan, with that small irritating smile on his face, only looked satisfied.

"I'm not finished but I guess...we could pick this up at a later date. Allow me the pleasure of escorting you to your seat." Before Sophia could tear herself away and run far, Ethan dragged her to his side, walking with her.

Sophia's hand were shaking and they unfurled curled up tight into fists more than once. Sophia glared at him then tried tugging herself from his grip but his hand around her waist were like steel.

This fucking bastard...!

Sophia couldn't believe her luck right now.

Ethan walked with her as if he was walking on clouds, nodding to whoever passed by with a easy going smile. It seemed as if he knew a lot of people...Sophia could never imagined that his network was running that deep.

"You chose wrong, Sophia." He spoke again after a while. It made Sophia suck in a harsh breath. It was really hard to not give into the urge to punch or elbow him. It was the fall back that ldft her more terrified. Sophia didn't want a million eyes on her nor did she want to cause a horrid scene with Elijah's family present.

What if he said something out loud without giving them any chance to come out with this at their own preferred pace?

It would not be pretty...at least mot for him. Sophia didn't want to imagine what Elijah would do if it entered his sights and she didn't want to disrupt the entire event because of it.

Elijah sure as hell seemed like a man that held enough weight to turn the entire place upside down if he willed it. Sophia had to bite the bullet, even though she secretly had a small fantasy...

More pressing questions were there for her to pester herself with during this small window of time. How did Ethan even know? Sophia was sure they kept this 'secret' well under wraps.

"-You really chose wrong," he continued, "And when he gets tired of what you have to offer and discards you...only then will you understand," he tsked, as if it was truly unfortunate, "If you had chosen me instead...I'd never do that to you. The opportunities I would've provided....you'd move up Sophia, I'd give you a lot more benefits than some meager days off from work-"

"You have no idea what you're talking about," Sophia kept her head down as she spoke, mostly to hide the horrid expression on her face.

"Oh...but I do, Sophia. When you're in the game as long as me, it becomes second nature. It's a real shame you chose to be the cooperate's toy though...imagine how people would react, hearing about such an illicit office affair." Ethan chuckled with a shake of his head, "His reputation is crystal clear, you're like a dark stain on it Sophia-"

"-Hell, I wouldn't even be surprise if you were just beibg used as a fetish-"

Sophia's nose flared as she took a deep breath. The more he continued the less she could hold back the urge to hit him. And his hand on her body only intensified it. Sophia looked up, the expression on her face was one of complication. Being forced to walk like all was well while this horrid male went off on a tirade.

Sophia didn't care about his words but damn it if it didn't sting someplace deep inside. She wasn't dumb enough to believe the words from someone like Ethan. Especially since he was so fucking ignorant but God fucking damn it.

Sophia was angry. So angry she could cry. On the inside she was probably already steaming from her blood boiling so hotly.

It truly felt as if she was being taken advantage of, and with so many eyes around, broad daylight too. When she didn't think something like this was possible... maybe it really was wrong to leave without her friends.

Right now, if Ethan dared to speak a little bit louder, some people around them might hear. Sophia bit down hard on her cheek, and still, Ethan continued, mistaking her stiffness for shame.

"I only had the best intentions, Sophia, you made it this way, gave me no choice in the matter," he sighed heavily, "If only you weren't such a...female. Getting excited at the thought of fucking someone way out if your league, but it'll end soon," he leaned down to murmer, "-these office affairs always do and believe me, I know."

Sophia sucked in a breath, she held is gaze for what felt like forever but was only a few measly seconds, "You..." she began, he voice sounded foreign to her own ears as she made the revelation, "-are so fucking delusional," she couldn't help hissing under her breath. Ethan must've not liked whatever expression he glimpsed from her face because his own crumpled into something horrifying, he stopped and so did she as he grabbd her wrist tighter than before.

Just as she feared. A scene, Ethan wsnt above causing a scene. Sophia looked around and almost missed the sight of Elijah on the other side of the room, being hounded by a circle of important people, too preoccupied to glance where she stood.

Sophia harshly tugged her hand away from Ethan as if she'd been burnt and looked elsewhere in a hurry, she was relieved to see both Kayla and Seong. Both slowly turned in their chairs, with wide eyes. Seong's expression immediately got dark and he got up so fast, his chair made a loud noise, almost falling. It managed to grab the attention of a few executives that stood around.

Kayla also got up her eyes were in disbelief, eyebrows furrowed tightly.

Their eyes met Sophia's and the questions in them were loud and clear. What in the absolute fuck?

Ethan stared then smiled humourlessly at both of them. Sophia stepped away, out of his range as if he was toxic. She glared at him, her face was even dimmer than before.

Seong didn't look any different as he came forward. Kayla also immediately walked over and got infront of Sophia, getting close, up in Ethan's face and staring him down. Unlike Sophia who showed restraint, she looked just about ready to fight if he breathed wrong.

Ethan stood for a short while longer then chuckled to himself with a shake of his head. He left to go stand somewhere else.

Seong and Kayla watched him go before taking Sophia back to their seats, trying not to hound her but at the same time, they didn't hold back the barrage of questions.

"What did he do? That fucker-"

"Did he say anything to you?"

"You look upset Sophia, I'll fucking murder him."

Sophia, although it took everything in her, mustered a reassuring smile onto her face, "-Get in line," she sighed. "-plus it's okay, I just need some water."

That was enough for both of them to end their questions. Both Seong and Kayla shared a look then thankfully dropped it, for now.

Sophia didn't know what to do, honestly.

The thought that Ethan knew this entire time... hit her harder than a truck of bricks.

Just what was his reason for doing everything he did before now?

Plus...what else was he hiding?

♤♡♤

"I guess you were right..." Seinna murmured in fascination.

"Aren't I always," Isaac smiled. His satisfaction was almost tangible. He was glad he chose to come here tonight, even though the others in their little group decided to be someplace else.

"You see...Seinna, there's a lot of things you can find out by only sitting back and observing."

"I really prefer a more direct approach most times but..." she sounded resigned.

"Hmm."

"Do you know who that woman is?" Sienna asked after a while.

Isaac shook his head, "No, but my intelligence have already picked it up and are getting a file as we speak."

"That's good, but will it be enough?"

"Not really," Isaac spoke pensively, thinking it was really unfortunate. "-But there'll be a way to remedy that."

"Oh...?"

"Yes indeed."

Their eyes never left the scene playing out like a movie infront of them. And who could blame them, it was such a beautiful sight for someone who truly knew what was going on under the scenes. They couldn't bare too look away. Afraid they'd miss a pinch of information.

With Isaac's well thought out guesses, plus what they were presented with, something exciting was born. At first, after arriving here, their only target was to watch Mr Osoro and Olivia to see if there was anything moderately interesting that could've been cooked up.

It was all for naught though and they almost settled with the crumbs of whatever the hell that was and called it a night. After some time though...their objective got updated and with that, came another who had caught their eyes. They only caught sight of her because Mr Osoro wasn't exactly being too discreet about where he stared.

She was a woman that they noticed Mr Osoro kept a steely eye on, even while focusing on the people around him and that was no easy feat.

Isaac really didn't want to think too much of it though because that could've meant anything. He was only 100% sure that the woman was a person of great interest after Mr Osoro acted out of the ordinary, leaving his company to approach her.

Isaac could spot a jealous man when he saw one, even if that jealousy was moderately hidden, he could call it out from a mile away.

Was Elijah Osoro even trying to hide his involvement with this woman? Surely he must of known he would be under constant scrutiny. Isaac wasn't even bold enough to say he was the only one who had drawn up this conclusion.

Right then an there, it felt as if that woman was their salvation. Who knew the stuff they could come up with and how popular and downright distracting it'd become. That bit of 'drama' was what they really needed and that was why Isaac had Seinna approach Olivia.

After all...when creating trouble, why wait? An instigator was always needed to stir the pot.

Just now, however, the scene that they witnessed and were watching play out right now infront of them was even better than any small 'catfight' over one man.

It all began when a new unexpected variable appeared out of nowhere, escorting their women of interest back to her table.

Like clockwork, Isaac managed to catch the look on Mr Osoro's face as he saw and that alone was enough for him to modify the plan into something else entirely. Sienna was tasked with watching Olivia's reaction and that doll seemed to finally pick up on the hints Seinna left her earlier.

Isaac wanted to laugh as he looked at each of them. Where he and Sienna stood was no doubt the best place to be tonight. The ones they 'observed' were blissfully unaware that they were being watched.

Olivia was stealing glimpses of the woman who's name they didn't know yet. Marcelo, the useless one had found his way back to their table.

Mr Osoro on the other hand, had ceased talking entirely and stood to the side, his expression was very unsightly, dangerous even. So much so that few dared to approach him save for his Father who seemed to be questioning him but with no success. Mr Osoro's gaze however was fixed in that man's direction, at the mystery man that had escorted the woman.

The mystery man (who Isaac suddenly had the urge to meet), spoke freely with the few around him but his eyes never left the woman seated at the table. He remained blissfully unaware of the hardened and downright seething eyes fixated on him, living in his own world per se.

The namelesss woman, the main character in all of this, kept her head down throughout it all, speaking with the two beside her in hushed tones.

It was truly a beautiful scene. Isaac never yet saw anything quite like it. "...Very interesting."

"I agree," Seinna muttered lightly, "so...should I get ready to 'meet' her?"

Isaac shook his head, "No, at least not yet."

"Okay...then what?" She asked again, pursing her lips.

"I think we'll be needing him instead, i have a feeling he'll be a lot more useful."

Isaac smiled and Sienna looked towards the direction he gestured to and her mouth fell open in a small 'o'.

"Ah okay...you better be right about this."

"Seinna," Isaac murmured, "when am I ever wrong?"

"Sometimes, I kept count."

• • •

Finally posted! And I think I hear the birds starting to chirp outside so good morning everyone♡

There was a lotta POV changes in this one (and there will be more like this for the next one or two chapters) I just hope no ones thrown off or confused by it cuz I'm trying my best here♡♡

Remember to vote comment and share if and whenever you can.

See yall next chapter

Nessa~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 731 77
I had a one night stand with the self-proclaimed businessman of Manhattan, New York. I have told myself it can't happen again, it just can't. I get t...
4.8M 218K 43
[COMPLETED] "One night." I whisper breathlessly as he begins to unbutton my blouse. "That's not going to be enough for me, baby. I need you longer t...
187K 3.1K 13
"We've both had too much to drink, David." She whispered into his ear, like a siren with a little flick of her tongue. "And on a weekday too. Boy, we...
189K 7.8K 43
I looked down at my freshly painted acrylic nails. My heart was racing and my palms were sweating. Although I was having a good time. It was time for...