The Wingless Scandal / Shichi...

By Iwriteyoureadk

! Discontinued A demon with an abnormality starts attending school and comes across two teachers who stand ou... More

Misery Likes Company
Fear Magic
The Gargoyle
Soft and Firm
Rises and Falls
Teachers' Favourite
Fireworks
Orientation and Friends
Mission Accomplished and a Physical Exam
Teacher Trip Part 1
Teacher Trip Part 2
Signature Of A Hoarding Demon
Sabotage
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Tending to a Beast
Warmth of Flesh
Crushes
A Way To His Heart
An Immoral God
Discontinuation Notice

The Oracle and the Martyr

2.5K 61 4
By Iwriteyoureadk

Trigger Warning: This book contains some body horror that could be upsetting to younger readers or those faint of heart. Do not read if you are weak towards this type of topic. You have been warned.

Skipping this chapter will leave you clueless and you will miss out the beggining, I recommend you do not skip it.

3rd POV:

The air is dry in the netherworld, the air whistling as it goes through the tiny canyons worn by time. A demon couple with a young son is settled at one of the larger landings, the father a tall male with [H/C] hair, large ram horns and a gentle smile as he inspects the soil as his job, looking for mana concentrations. His wife relaxes in a portable picnic chair nearby, reading a book about pregnancy as she is expecting their second child. The first child is [Y/N], a young boy with a curious side and just learned to fly not long ago. He has ram horns just like his father, and [E/C] eyes just like his mother. The mother notices as he wanders off but doesn't worry as this place is very safe and only demon birds live around these places.

You fly around the place, looking for gaps in the stone that could hold something fun or fun rocks to show your dad. As you do so, you notice something black far away on the ground, still as a statue. You spread your small wings and fly over, finding a person with short fluffy black hair, two thick strands in front of the person's ears long enough to reach their waist. They are dressed in a large black coat and white undershirt, which is however stained. Thick red liquid is pooling under them, still wet. They are passed out and on their stomach, sprawled out like a ran over frog. You take the person's left arm and with all your effort, you turn them over. Looking at the person, you find an androgynous person with a pale complexion, their ears hidden by the hair. . A small detail catches your eye, a thin vertical slit on the person's forehead. "Are you okay?" You softly ask the person on the ground, and both their eyes open to reveal dark pupils that are like roughly scribbled circles. "We are not." They reply, their voice soft and a fine balance between balance between male and female. Still, they are very composed and not panicking at all despite bleeding hard. They have an aura of authority and show no fear as they sit up into a kneeling position in front of you. "Don't move! I'll get my dad, we'll help you!" You say, and the stranger's eyes seem to focus at you on this notion. "You want to help us?" They ask. "Of course!" You reply, and they smile. "Very well then, if you offer to help... We shall take it." They say, and suddenly the slit on their forehead opens to reveal a third eye before their back splits open and large mass of muscular flesh split into large tentacles emerges, covered in countless eyes like the person's except colored a vibrant yellow. All of it goes for you, and you scream as they engulf you. As you feel your back rip and your wings shred, you pass out.

That was years ago. Today you stand in front of a mirror shirtless, standing sideways and your head turned so you can see your back. Where your wings used to be is heavy scarring, and your wing base is missing completely. Instead, a long, shut slit is where it used to be. "Are you mulling over your wings again, [Y/N]? They are gone, but that doesn't mean you're any less of a demon." An androgynous voice says, and you notice the person in the mirror, standing besides your reflection and staring right at you. "Kind words, despite them coming out of the mouth of the one who ate them." You say bitterly, not looking at them directly. "I had to take them, they were in the way of me getting your aid." They reply, smiling sweetly. "I know, but I'm still bitter about it, Oracle." You say, calling them by their nickname. "Don't be. You are under my protection, and I will guide you through the changes, no matter how scary they are." They say, and you whip around angrily only to be met with empty air. They have a habit of showing in random places and disappearing, but only ever visible to your eye. Afterall, others cannot see what's in your head. This brings you back to when they introduced themself.

It all blurred together from anesthesia as your father visited as often as he possibly could, but you remember the exact evening. You were in the hospital room, cranky from being prodded for hours. Then the person manifested in front of you, making you jolt. "Good evening, [Y/N]. I hope you're not too uncomfortable with the adjustments I made to make myself at home, the pain should stop soon." They say, baffling you. "Wh.. Who are you? What's your name?" You say, and they smile "We have no name, however we used to be called the Oracle, since my presence meant good future. I am now a part of you and will be your companion until we die and beyond.". That was the Oracle's promise, to stay by your side. And they do so dutifully. Still, their presence has side effects that your body cannot handle so easily. You're not very strong and don't eat as much as you should, but the greatest hurdle are the irregular Evil Cycles. Evil Cycles are several days when demons have heightened strength, but also the urges to do things that are rude or straight up endangering or 'evil'. The Oracle's presence in your system prevents the hormones from working properly, and instead of regular cycles they come in irregular bursts and make you act out.

You put a shirt on and walk to the living room, where you see your mom with your six year old sister in her arms. "[Y/N], honey, how are you doing today? Are you excited for school?" She says. That's right, tomorrow you will be enrolled in Babyls Demon School. You are anxious about it for obvious reasons, and smile weakly, shaking your head instead of lying to please her. She sighs but smiles back at you. "Is Oracle bothering you, honey?" She asks you. "No, they are not. I'm just scared about acting out in class or having to fly." You admit. "Don't worry son, I will speak to the teachers about it." A new voice says, and you turn around to see your dad. A little comforted by this, you nod to him. "See? All will be okay. I will be there to help you if anything goes wrong." You hear and see the Oracle standing beside you. You frown and look away from them, but still feel grateful to the being. You go to bed that evening, tired and anxious about the day ahead. You shut your eyes and feel the Oracle's hands on your side, gently caressing you until you eventually fall asleep.

The next morning you get up and dress yourself in the school male uniform as the Oracle watches, nitpicking on how you do it. With their advice, you get dressed neatly and follow your father outside. "Come on." He smiles, picking you up and flying sky high. "Thanks for taking me, dad. I'm just so worried..." You say, but dad smiles. "It will be okay, trust me." He reassures once more. You decide not to speak up anymore and soon the grand school shows up in the distance. Many demons crowd the sky as they also gather at the gates, coming in from all sides of the netherworld. You feel embarrassed as you are set down at the gate, people staring. "Um... See you later, dad." You quickly say and wave bye to him before turning away from him, flustered. "Keep your head high and follow me." The Oracle says as they manifest on your left, before walking in and guiding you to the hall where you are supposed to go. You wonder how they know the way, but don't say anything, grateful. You take your spot at one of the benches among the demons as the Oracle fades into nothing, and wait for the ceremony to begin.

Several teachers gather on the stage and wait as the demons around talk among themselves, and you notice a tall male teacher demon with purple hair that has two points resembling horns, but it's his serious and focused eyes that scare you a little. Then after several minutes he speaks up. "Silence." He says, and everyone instantly shuts up. The ceremony begins with the school song, which you don't really know so you mindlessly sing along. When it ends, the chairdemon called Sullivan starts off his speech by boasting about his grandson Iruma and showing off his picture to the crowd. You can see the picture from where you are, it's a boy with blue hair and the aura of an innocent five year old. Then, he is called up to the stage to deliver the welcoming speech in place of someone called Asmodeus. He gets on the stage and starts chanting a dangerous spell, making you freeze along the entire audience. He pulls it off successfully, and you sigh in relief. You expected school to be stressful, but not so much. When the other students gather outside to watch a showdown between Iruma and Asmodeus, you feel a hand on your shoulder and look up to see the scary teacher from the stage. "Y-Yes?" You ask, surprised and intimidated. "[Y/N] [L/N], right? Come with me, I have been assigned to meet with you and your father." He says and you nod, following him along.

You both arrive at a large cabinet for the teachers where two other teachers are in the back, sorting documents. You then spot your father at a table with two couch seats and smile subconsciously, and he smiles back. "Please take a seat." The teacher says, motioning to your father. You join him, and the stern teacher sits across from you two. "My name is Naberius Kalego, but you may refer to me as Kalego-sensei. I was asked by the chairdemon to hear you out on his behalf, as you wish to discuss something. Please, go ahead." He says, and your father nods. "My name is Guretoramu [L/N], and this is my son [Y/N] [L/N]." Your father starts, briefly glancing at you before looking back at Kalego-sensei. "Due to a medical condition, my son is unable to fly and has issues with his behavior, specifically his Evil Cycle as it is greatly irregular and can start or end at any time. I was hoping we could get him placed in a class with a teacher that is able to handle him and his quirks rather than a demon who would cave under the pressure. He is well behaved and hardworking, so you don't have to worry about him acting up without a cause he cannot control." He starts explaining, patting your head when he mentions your good behavior. "Please look after my son." He says after, politely bowing as a sign of respect to which you join in on instinct. "Hmm... I see. Please, stop bowing." Kalego-sensei says and the two of you do so. He then sighs and looks at you for a while as you sweat under his gaze, he's intimidating. Behind him, the Oracle manifests and waves at you. "Don't worry [Y/N], he looks tough but still has a heart. You and us, can feel what's in their minds thanks to our gifts. Try." They say, looking at Kalego. You try to do what they ask, but nothing happens. Kalego sighs, but then nods.

"I understand... I will make it so [Y/N] is in my class. The other demons are too lax on their students." Kalego announces, and your father bows once more which you imitate quickly. "Thank you, Kalego-sensei. I entrust him to you." Your father says, before getting upright again. You do the same, looking at the demon before you... He will be your teacher, then. You get a thumbs up from the Oracle behind him, then they vanish into nothingness. "Thank you, Kalego-sensei. I will make sure to cause as little trouble for you as I can." You say gratefully, standing up and bowing to him for the third time today. "Hmpf. I'll hold you to that." He says, and you leave the office with your father. "He seems strict, but definitely has a good head on his shoulders if the chairdemon trusts him with his responsibilities." Your father smiles reassuringly, petting your head. You nod and smile lightly. You are cautious about what waits for you, but at the same time you feel a bit better knowing that your teacher knows your condition and shouldn't pressure you into something you can't do unlike the others.

And so you head home to rest up for the next day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 101 21
⚠️Some scenes will contain graphic images⚠️ "Pale skin and mismatched eyes is the first thing you notice. Dark green hair sticking on top of brown lo...
310 1 7
(gender fluid reader!!!) what happens when two high ranking demons with completely different personalities find someone who makes their hearts flutte...
126K 2.6K 15
◤ ──┅┅┄┄*ೃ:.✧✲゚*。⋆─── ⋆✩⋆ (Y/N) (L/N) is a student at PK Academy who doesn't like to interact with others, but obviously that changes. Everything go...
2.4K 111 102
Six high school students looks like anyone else acts like anyone else but are capable of things no one else is. They learnt from a young age no one t...