The Death Squad

By Angel_7174

Ashlynn Pierce/ Dobrev - Was sent away by her father and eldest brother at the age of 5 to an organization wh... More

Characters~~~
A/N
Chapter 1 - YOU WHAT
Chapter 2 Give'em Hell
Chapter 3 God how dramatic are these people
Chapter 4 Hatred and Betrayal
Chapter 5 What's up?
Chapter 6 One hell' of a reunion.
Chapter 7 Big mistake dude. Big mistake
Chapter 8 ~ School
Chapter 9 The dinner
Chapter 10 ~ Half truth
Chapter 11 - Fucking biologicals pissed me off
Chapter 12 Sure
Chapter 13 The skill tests.
Chapter 14 Black Don
Chapter 15 Fun
Chapter 16 Are you ok?
Chapter 17 Papa?
Chapter 18 Try me
Chapter 19 Just like a dad
Chapter 20 Aunts, Unlces and Cousins
Chapter 21 Protect yourself
Chapter 22 Always and Forever
Chapter 23 Little Weapon
Chapter 24 Eyes, Emotions, Pain and Guilt
Chapter 25 "Thankyou"
Chapter 26 Not your fault
Chapter 27 Rio
Chapter 28 ~ No shit Sherlock
Chapter 29 The shitshow~
Chapter 30 History repeating itself
Chapter 32 Video games
Chapter 33 The ceremony
Chapter 34 ~ Merry Christmas
Chapter 35- The ball
Chapter 36 Driving and yelling.
Chapter 37 Long Story
Chapter- 38 Happy New Year Ace
Chapter 39 "Cupcake?"
Chapter 40- The Plan
Chapter 41 Survive
Chapter 42 Next stop, Italy

Chapter 31 Everly

15.6K 367 69
By Angel_7174

Ashlynn's Pov~

It's been about a week since the whole thing with Charlotte happened. She's actually been steering clear of me the whole time and not bothering me with her unneeded annoying presence.

I did catch her a few times glaring at me deadly, but she immediately looked away the moment I made eye contact with her.

I refuse to believe that she's just given up on her sworn agenda of making my life as miserable as possible. So I'm sure she's just planning her next little act or something.

The other's still acted weird and distant whenever I walk into the same room as them. Their behaviour hasn't changed since the day they found out about me being the Black Flower.

Even though I'm pretty sure they all hate me because of how I broke Charlotte's arm in front of them, (I was so proud of myself) they still couldn't do anything to me because as much as they hate to admit it, they are terrified of me.

Well ofcourse they are. I'm pretty terrifying when I want to be.

Alfie didn't care a single bit that I hurt that little beast and is still trying to mend things.

And when I tell you he's trying, I mean he's trying.

But then again, I was never the easiest fella to forgive and forget.

These days I'm mostly over at the safe house to make sure Chris is holding on fine, even though he's almost fully recovered.

In the past couple of months, Viola and Felix have also gotten really close to him. Ace sees him as a father just as much as I do and even Rio has started to accept him.

Which is a really big thing.

Anyways, the death squad has been receiving numerous threats from anonymous resources but I have a pretty good idea that it's from the Spanish.

Back in Italy, our bases have been attacked quite a few times now by them but they were never able to do any real damage because of the high security we have.

The leader and commander of each attack is the same blonde-haired-silver-eyed girl that attacked me and Alfie the other day when we were getting back.

I know that the hair must be a wig and those silver eyes of hers are just contacts, because nobody will be stupid enough to actually reveal these features in a fight. But, I still can't do anything about it.

My second in command, Devin, has been trying to figure out her identity and has been contacting the undercover spy's we have planted in their bases.

But even they have no idea about who this mystery new girl is, who always wears a robber-like mask.

They claim they've never seen her before, but there have been rumours among the guards there that she's a well kept secret of the Spanish territory.

It's said that she's a great shot, flawless with the way she handles her knives, can kill you before you blink and can vanish from before your eyes even before that.

I've also hacked into the Spanish's security system and the secured files several times, but never found a thing about her.

It's like she doesn't exist.

After hearing all these things about her, I really wanna see face to face what all the craze is about.

I know I've fought her before, but that really wasn't a fair fight. I was exhausted and I'm pretty sure my brain was half asleep or something. Besides, like ninety percent of my body was broken. Literally.

But after seeing all the camera footages of her fighting, I've got to say she's good.

Her smooth moves, reflexes, quick thinking, Not bad.

Also the way she's been able to hide her identity for as long as she has, proves that the Spanish have actually gotten smarter and are actually trying to attack somebody.

I personally want to take a trip back to Italy and keep a check on things myself, but the four of us have got meetings here and some other business we need to take care of.

Besides, last time I met this girl, she was here in NYC, so we never know when she decides to visit us again.

But I really do need to take care of this, because if she knows my real identity, I can't exactly have her roaming the streets freely.

Coming back to me, earlier me and the biologicals were sitting in the living room.

I was going through some emails on my phone while Lucian and Alexander were discussing something.

Alfie was watching a basketball game on the TV and Charlotte was also on her phone.

"Umm...I'm gonna introduce y'all to my girlfriend tonight at dinner" Jeremy announced after clearing his throat awkwardly.

When I tell you I CHOKED-

HIM?! GIRLFRIEND?!

I coughed loudly and patted my chest dramatically, trying not burst out laughing.

"What." He narrowed his eyes at me, obviously annoyed.

"Nothing. Just thinking about who could be blind and dumb enough to date ...... well you." I shrugged, looking at my phone again, not even bothering to hide my amused expression anymore.

"Seriously dude, are you sure you're not paying this girl to go out with you? " Added Alfie from besides me.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Lucian wanted to crack a joke as well, but he didn't for the sake of his brother.

His loss. Insulting Jeremy is the best and the most entertaining thing one can do around this household.

Jeremy just rolled his eyes and huffed out "whatever, you'll see."

At dinner:~

We were all seated at the dining table waiting for this "girl" that Jeremy said he wanted to introduce.

I'm honestly still about a ninety nine percent sure she is a part of his dull imagination or something.

Well, you can't exactly blame me now, can you?

Towards my right was Lucian and Alfie towards the left. The chair right in front of me was reserved for the special imaginary girl that was about 10 minutes late already. 

See, that just further proves my point about how she is probably just a hallucination of Mralwayspissedoff and the fact he can not get an actual person to like him is just further proven to be true. 

Everybody was waiting for her patiently but Jeremy seemed pretty anxious. I was just sitting there, without a care in the world, scrolling through dog memes. 

Yes, just because I'm an assassin and shit doesn't automatically mean that I don't like childish memes. 

Imagine my surprise when the doorbell actually rang and Jeremy practically screamed "I'll get it". 

She was about 15 minutes late, but I guess she was actually real. 

Wow. Did not see that one coming. 

I heard the clicking of her heels while the both of them walked back into the room. Everybody got up to greet her, but me on the other hand didn't even move an inch and kept my eyes glued to my phone. 

Well first, I was too tired to actually get up and do all the formalities and stuff. Besides, I have no interest in interacting with these people as it is, let alone their significant others. 

Judging be her voice, she seemed pretty sweet and kind, considering I hadn't seen her face yet.

But oh, don't let that fool you. I can sound pretty sweet and caring too when I want to. 

Am I saying she's probably a killer and wants to murder everyone? No.

Am I saying that I'm a paranoid piece of shit and anything can happen so we should always assume the worst? Yes. 

After greeting everybody, she sat down in the empty chair, right in front of me. I could feel her eyes glued to my head, as I still hadn't looked at her. 

But Damn what happened when I finally tilted my head up to look at who I thought was an imaginary person up until 10 minutes ago. 

What.The.Fuck.

Both of our eyes widened, and it was as if the world had stopped revolving for a minute there. 

My mind was filled with confusion, sadness , happiness and memories from the past all at once, and I could see that she was having a really hard time believing her eyes as well. 

This, sitting right in front of me, was my best friend. Well, ex-bestfriend I suppose. 

She was the first friend I'd ever made.

She was like an elder sister. 

Here, lemme tell you what happened. 

It had been about one month since I'd gotten into the "hostel" of William. It had been a month of pain, suffering, crying and pure torture. 

That is when I met her. Everly. She was about two and  a half years older than me, making her eight while I was five. 

She'd been there a couple a weeks too and I was put into the same cell as her. At first, we didn't talk at all as we were both terrified of everything that had been happening. 

But after a few weeks, we started talking and soon became inseparable. 

She was like an elder sister to me and became the family I never had. My days at the facility became so much easier with her support and I actually started to look forward to spending time with an actual human. Her. 

That was, until two years later, when we both got separated.

Well, separated is not exactly the word I'd use. 

Basically, the both of were sent on a mission to eliminate some targets but one of them ran away and we couldn't catch him on time. 

The mission was rather important to William. He said that strict punishment will be given to the both of us.

But what I didn't know was, that he'd kill my best friend right in front of me. 

He stabbed her several times before she finally passed out in front of the seven year old me. 

After that day, I never saw Everly again and everybody, including all the guards there said she died from all the blood loss. After that, I never talked to anybody again. I didn't wanna get close to anyone and then have them be killed. Well that was until Ace.

So now that, leads me here to the confusion about how in the fuckity fuck is she sitting right here, right in front of me, staring right into my eyes. 

"Y-you are al-alive" she whispered, but loud enough for me to hear it. 

"Last time I checked, Yes." I swallowed. 

Alright, I admit it wasn't the best thing to have said but I'm not very good at these kind of things. I don't think anyone can be good at these kinda things. 

I mean, seeing your dead bestfriend, who is actually not very dead... after like 9 years....... yeah, I don't think that's something you see everyday. 

I was bought back into the present time when Jeremy cleared his throat. Everybody was seated and were looking between me and Everly, trying to comprehend what was going on. 

It was so awkward though. 

I still didn't understand how she could be alive? Like where was she all this time? How come no one knew that she was still alive? When did she get out of the facility? HOW did she get out?

Most importantly, what the hell is she doing here, dating JEREMY. 

"You guys know eachother?" Alexander broke the silence. 

"Yeah" She replied right away while I was sort of unsure and awkward. So I Just mumbled a "kind of" 

 "How do you guys know eachother?" Jeremy questioned, seeming very interested in this. 

"We um.... went to the same boarding school for a few years" I replied, before she could speak something that I wouldn't want the biologicals to know. 

I mean yeah, sure they know I'm the black flower and stuff, but they don't exactly need to know my whole life story. 

After that, Alfie changed the topic by asking her some questions about her and stuff, obviously noticing how awkward I was. 

Yes, I know I'm supposed to be a badass and cold hearted bitch, but I can also be awkward and uncomfortable. I am a teenager after all.

I know what Alfie did in the past was wrong, but I also know he's trying to make up for it. 

And ofcourse I'm not gonna show it, but I'm actually quite thankful for some of things he's done. Like look at this, he was just saving me from what could have been a very uncomfortable dinner. 

I know its small, but I appreciate it though. 

Throughout the dinner, though we didn't say anything to eachother,  but it was like a silent agreement between me and Everly that we HAD to talk about this. 

Most people would want to cry or be super happy if they were in my place. But I don't think I was either of these things. 

I already grieved for her. I already accepted the fact that she's gone and moved on. 

It took a lot of time, but I already did.

For me, she already died all those years ago. 

And now after this......

We obviously need some explanation.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEYYYYY GUYSSS

Sooooo..... Am I dead yet? Nope. 

Do I have any excuse for not updating in like forever? Also nope. 

I was just reallyyyy busyyyy with school and classes and stuff. 

But on the bright side, now that summer break is coming soon, I'd have a plenty of time to write and I'll probably try to finish the book over the summer.

Also, I promise the coming chapters will be way more exciting!

And as usual, if you guys have any suggestions or reviews, don't be shy! I'll take whatever I can get. 

And how did you guys like this chapter? I know it was a bit cliché, but it was the best I could come up with. Sorry about that....hehe....

So, I guess that's it for now, bye bye and have a great day!

And also, maybe give your eyes a rest, considering how much times y'all spend on your electronics (especially wattpad lmao) 

Anyways,

-Vote and comment!

~Angel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.1K 833 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
3M 79.2K 50
Sloan. 17 years old. Billionaire. Mafia Queen. At the age of 2 Sloan was kidnapped from her family by her father's second in command and taken to S...
Double Trouble By FinLuGrafie

Mystery / Thriller

34.8K 737 70
Read at your own risk. Unrealistic actions! --- Blood makes relatives, loyalty makes family. A triplet in the past - twins now. A fucked up past wi...
192K 5.9K 72
"He says tragedy flows through your veins, all of yours." "She's the youngest Black, nothing will touch her, not even the tragedy in our bloo...