Royals of the South

By chapterbangtan

You were shock to know that you and your brother Sunoo was called from the palace. You were just sold as slav... More

Epilogue
Chapter 1: Freedom
Chapter 2: Royal Troublemaker
Chapter 3: Hide and Seek
Chapter 4: Lessons with His Majesty
Chapter 5: The Second Prince
Chapter 6: Trust
Chapter 7: Spy
Chapter 8: Enchanted
Chapter 9: Dinner
Chapter 10: Breakfast at the Courtyard
Chapter 11: Saved
Chapter 12: The Assassin
Chapter 13: The Art of Falling Inlove
Chapter 14: King of The North
Chapter 15: Visit
Chapter 16: Questions
Chapter 17: Final Answer
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 18: Marriage
Chapter 19: Sacrifice
Chapter 20: Absence
Chapter 21: Her
Chapter 22: Rumors
Chapter 23: Meeting Her
Chapter 25: Offer of Marriage
Chapter 26: Chance
Chapter 27: Confession After Confession
Chapter 28: Sacrifice for the Kingdom
Chapter 29: Decisions
Chapter 30: The Trip
Chapter 31: Resigned Hearts
Chapter 32: Welves
Chapter 33: Captive
Chapter 34: Acceptance
Chapter 35: Engagement
Chapter 36: I Know Everything
Chapter 37: All of You
Chapter 38: Defeat
Chapter 39: Unwanted News
Chapter 40: Engagement
Chapter 41: The Heart Speaks
Chapter 42: Wedding
Chapter 43: Consummate
Chapter 43: First Day Royal
Chapter 44: The Council and Rosa
Chapter 45: Luff Village
Chapter 46: The Queen
Chapter 47: The North Kingdom

Chapter 24: Nightmare

172 14 10
By chapterbangtan

~•×•~

You start to walk down the path in the woods. Yoongi is running after you with a flower in his hand he had picked from the side. He runs infront of you and halts.

"For you," his gummy smile showing.

You smile from ear to ear and got the flower from him.

"Thank you Yoongi," you giggle.

He pinch your nose gently and caress your face with his hand.

"So beautiful," he mutters under his breath.

You lean in more into his touch and close your eyes. What could you even ask for? Later this evening, your betrothal to Yoongi will be announced in the royal ball that's arranged for this specific reason. What could go wrong?

You'll be married to the love of your life, be the queen in a span of one year and possibly bear children for you, Yoongi and the kingdom.

You hug him and sigh in content.

"I will never get enough of this," you hug him tighter.

Yoongi caresses your hair while hugging you. This is your safe place, your safe haven. Scenarios are already playing in your head, children laughing in the throne room, people celebrating with you in every step of your journey.

"The people will love you as their queen," Yoongi says.

You let go and pinch his cheek.

"As will they with the king," you gently tap his nose.

He scrunchies his nose and goes in to kiss you. Before his lips could even touch yours,

"Your highness, my lady, it's time for your preparations for the ball," a servant has said.

Yoongi was about to still go in for a kiss but you stopped him by his shoulders.

"That can wait your highness," you say and starts to leave.

Yoongi watched your back. He knew, yestereve he heard his father's advisor and him speaking about the betrothal. He thought too that he was betrothed to you but it seems like it all got mixed up. Yoongi was still too young to be crowned and you were at the right age to marry since it was a custom to marry off daughters at a young age. Yoongi's father wanted your riches. Your dowry, courts and inns can afford hundreds of army to beseige more lands for him to conquer.

Plus the lecher wanted you for your young, untouched body. He couldn't wait no longer so he decided that he'll marry you himself instead. Yoongi was too stunned to even think straight. Yoongi wanted you safe, Yoongi loved you so much that he even thought of running away with you.

Yoongi followed you out the forest. You both said your good byes and he went straight to Hoseok who was already readying a carriage for you to leave.

You, on the other end was unaware. Everyone grovelled to prepare you as you are the diamond of the night. Everyone too thought you'd be married to the crowned prince. Little do you all know how the next things that'll happen will affect everyone's lives.

The corset you were made to wear was tightened too much. Making you unable to breath properly. But you went on since you could only do little at what you were wearing.

You arrived at the ball with your parents. People started gathering as the music starts to play. You look around to spot your groom-to-be but he was nowhere to be found. Even Hoseok who was supposed to be your escort as you walk up the stage.

Inhale

The corset is making it hard for you to inhale.

Exhale

You think you're getting light headed.

I need to loosen this if I want to survive the night. You tell yourself so you walk to the nearest room to loosen the corset a bit. You were on the process of doing it when you heard the door open and close. Boots starts tapping on the floor so you look back to see Yoongi's father, the reigning king. You immediately stop what you were doing to greet the king.

"I am so sorry for that unwanted scene your majesty," you bow and realized that you entered his office by accident.

"No dear, it's quite alright. Anything I could help you with?" He asked.

You look undecided so you shake your head no.

"I insist, are you trying to loosen up your corset. I know they're hard to breath in," he offers.

Before you could even answer, he circles your body and starts loosening your corset. You were able to breath but the king never really does favors like these to anyone below him. Even though you were betrothed to his son. You felt uncomfortable from his touch so you distance yourself.

"Thank you your majesty. I think that was enough space for me to breath in," you say and starts to leave.

"Don't be in such a rush lady Y/n," he catches you hand and pulls you harshly against his body. His grip tight that it hurts.

He starts caressing your arm, up to your neck, and to your face.

"I wonder what it—" you cut the king off.

"Prince Yoongi won't be thrilled to know that you're inappropriately touching his betrothed," you warned.

Yoongi's father started laughing.

"Betrothed to Yoongi? You are betrothed to me wench,"

His tone sharp. Eyes hungry.

He pins you down his desk and starts to smell you. His hand almost touched your bossom but you got ahold of his fountain pen and drove it into his eye. The king started screaming in pain. Blood trickeling down his face.

You stand and run to the doors and out into the ballroom. The king runs after you shouting.

"Guards! Arrest her! She tried to kill me!"

With that single order, you were thrown to the floor and brought to the dungeon. You were shaking, scared for your life and your family's life. You wonder where Yoongi is. It's dark and cold here in the dungeon. Rats everywhere and the smell is rotten.

You could only cry in fear.

Yoongi's father found a better solution to what he really wanted in the first place, your riches. He flipped the story saying you wanted to marry the king instead of Yoongi. Announced it to the crowd and said you and your family committed treason. He proclaimed you wanted power .

The people started hating and shunning you. Even your family got involved in something that the king has orchestrated.

One question.

Where was Yoongi?

The following morning, you were brought up to the place where criminals are beheaded. You start to cry as you spot all your family members except Sunoo. Your parents and the entire household were lined up leading to the platform where they will be beheaded. Crowds were cheering as they watch you and your family being pushed around.

You run to your parents who were cuffed. Dignity still written on their faces.

"Don't fret my darling for tis' the most honorable way to die. We are innocent, especially you. God is still watching," you father comforts you.

"I am so sorry father, mother," you speak as you cry.

Yoi were readying yourself. You know you'll die by the next hour but was surprised when the guard halted infront of the platform while your entire household, together with you maids were continuing to walk up.

Then you realize, the king wants you to suffer by making you watch them be decapitated.

Your eyes widen when you saw Yoongi sitting beside him, face unreadable.

"Your highness," you pleaded. His eyes were on you but were cold, blank stare. Does he not see me?

Your blood runs cold when your father steps up the guillotine. Without warnings, the blade was released and in a matter of seconds, he was decapitated, dead. Then your mother, then the rest. You sat there unable to move nor talk. You watched with blank stare. No tears, no crying, to screaming, no begging.

In your head, you could only think of Sunoo whom you don't even know if he's alive or not. By the last personnel being beheaded, you look up at Yoongi who still has the same expression as before, blank.

He watched your family die and didn't even do anything.

You were about to walk when you feel your world spin. You landed on the ground unconscious.

When you woke up, you were already at the market being sold off as slaves, Sunoo beside you.

That nightmare was the death of you.

•••

Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327K 15.3K 51
[COMPLETED] With the death of his mother, with the abuse by his father, the vulnerable boy decided to end his pain. Life wasn't easy for Jungkook. Li...
999 78 12
"welcome to jjong's twilight coffee shop ,what would you like to have?" - Park Jongseong "Well is the cutie taking the...
628K 41.1K 44
A modern royal love story... What happens when Jungkook not only gets kicked out of the orphanage but also fired from his only job? Where will he go...
36K 2.2K 28
{BOOK THREE}...When unworldly literature student Jeon Jungkook first encountered the driven and dazzling young entrepreneur Kim Taehyung it sparked a...