Other Half- N.B & D.D

Oleh myluvs_doah

"But Noah, we're just friends." She felt strongly about her statement, or at least she thought she did. "So y... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1: Jealousy
Chapter 2: Choose
Chapter 3: Agreeing
Chapter 4: A Date
Chapter 5: Details
Chapter 6: Talk
Chapter 7: Healing
Chapter 8: Tension
Chapter 9: Bad Timing
Chapter 10: Second Chance
Chapter 11: Back Together
Chapter 12: Never the Same
Chapter 13: Sneaking Around
Chapter 14: Party Time
Chapter 15: Birthday Surprise
Chapter 16: Side Piece
Chapter 17: Never Better
Chapter 18: Hard To Handle
Chapter 19: Long Conversations
Chapter 20: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 21: Mending Broken Relationships
Chapter 23: Working On It
Chapter 24: Strong
Chapter 25: Complicated
Chapter 26: Getaway
Chapter 27: Best Day Ever
Chapter 28: Building Memories
Epilouge

Chapter 22: Back To Life

413 10 1
Oleh myluvs_doah

Dixie's POV:

Being in love included a cycle of ups and downs. It included being completely shattered, as well as being put back together with the right person. What people don't tell you is that it's more of a rollercoaster than you would expect. I mean, I definitely didn't know that it took so long to be with the one person you knew you belonged with.

"Aren't you excited!? You're finally getting to go back home. No more hospital." On a better hand, I was clearly getting some exciting news. After almost a month and a half, I was finally getting discharged.

It feels weird though. I got used to the hospital food, and the 24 hour attention I was getting. "I am, trust me I am. It's just a lot to process. I've been here for a while, that's all." I smiled in reply to Noah.

Since he came back, he's been going in between work and the hospital. He's also been bringing me food, and clothes. In other words, he's been everything I could ever want him to be and more.

"That's understandable Ms.Damelio, but you are set to go." The doctor walked in, the discharge papers in her hands. "Of course, you have a check up in two weeks time, and you need to watch how active you are. You can't push herself too hard, so make sure to take things slow. Other than that, you can get back to your normal life. No more hospital."

She smiled as she handed me the papers along with the pen. I stared at them for a while before lifting the pen and writing. It felt surreal to finally be going back to my life. So much has changed since the last time I had complete freedom.

"Alrighty, I'll see you soon Dixie." She flashed me another cheeky smile before exiting the room, leaving Noah and I alone.

"Are you ready to go?" He questioned, grabbing my bags. He's been so good to me. It also felt surreal that we were finally getting a real chance at a life together. Of course we're still taking it slow. It just felt good knowing that no one or nothing was in our way. Well, mostly.

"Yeah I'm ready. You go pull the car around, I'll be out in a minute." He smiled, exiting the room with all of my belongings in his hands.

I examined the room. Or more so, the messy bed, and the black out curtains that I had requested. In a very messed up way, this hospital room became my home. And typically when a person gets discharged, they beam with joy, except I was just scared.

I was scared of going back to my life. Although, could you blame me? The last time I had complete control, I was driving, and I ended up here. Just the thought of being back in a car again made me shake with the anxiety of the 'what ifs'.

But no more, my life was finally restored. I had all the people I wanted, and I could now go to the store, and cook, and maybe even get a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed. Sure what happened to me was tragic, but clearly it's what it took to get me here today.

"Hey." I smiled, sitting in the car. It smelled fresh, like roses. The scenery outside was more beautiful than I remembered. "Hi." He almost whispered, grabbing my hand and joining it with his.

I looked down at our connected hands, smiling at how perfectly they fit together. I know it's cliche, but it's almost as if they were made for each other. A perfect fit.

"This is nice." I looked around, smiling at the free world. You never realize how much time stops when you're in a place such as a hospital. It's draining.

"What would you like to do on your first day out? Want some food?" He questioned as the car began to move. I would be lying if I said it didn't make me nervous. I'm pretty sure the only thing keeping me in the seat was Noah's hand making its mark on my thigh.

"Honestly, I think I just want to go home. Sleep." He shook his head. "Sounds good." I smiled in reply, already daydreaming about the comfort of my own home. "How about I drop you off at your place, and I go get us some while you rest."

I thought about what I wanted to say. I wanted to be selfish and tell him to stay and hold me. Another part of me, on the other hand, needed to be alone. I realize that I haven't gotten much independence. And I hate relying on others. 

"That sounds good." I mumbled in reply, already relaxing at the calming sensation of being home and free. I forgot how good it felt to breathe the outside air.

"Okay, what would you like for me to get you?" I barely heard his words, as I was already in my own world. "Ch- chipotle sounds good. You know my order." The last thing I remember was hearing him laugh, and being brought into the house, set down on my bed.
———

"So, how does it feel to be back?" We sat on my couch, devouring our food as we watched Keeping Up With The Kardashians. I know, weird, but hearing about other families drama's, made me feel amazing about the lack of mine. Also, Kim crying is definitely a sight for sore eyes.

"It feels good. A bit strange definitely, but it feels good to not have people in and out constantly." I answered honestly. I got used to the lifestyle of being checked up on, and now that I don't have that anymore, I don't miss it. Like at all.

"How are you? Do you feel okay?" I nodded my head, digging into my food before finally replying. "Yeah I'm good. I'm just really tired. I guess I really underestimated how uncomfortable hospital beds were." My back hurt at simply just the thought of it.

"It's also going to take a bit of time for me to get back to a hundred, so I'm not too excited about that. I'm just not used to the thought of knowing I needed to be checked up on by others."

I've been a super independent person. Growing up, my parents were always working, and although they spent time with me the best that they could, it made me really independent at only the age of 5. I cooked for myself. Sometimes I would even cook for my parents after knowing they were coming home late from a work trip.

These same work trips are the reason why they weren't with me in the hospital, and why I don't talk about them much. There's not much to talk about.

My parents loved me, and I knew that. They were there for almost every choir event, and every ballet class. They were there for every softball and soccer game. I knew where they stood in my life, but things such as growing up and becoming an adult, I had to do all myself.

Of course, I had Noah in my life, but even he at that time, was figuring out life. His dad passed away at the age of 10. This took a really big toll on him. So for his dad, he got more involved in soccer. Practicing, besides me, was the only thing he had time for.

We, just like other teenagers, began to get involved with other people, which is probably another reason why we're so mature with how we handle things now. We knew when to let go. We never got attached, knowing it would only cause problems. 

I think this is why we're so independent now. It's why I have problems with other people helping me. I'm just not used to it. I'm used to going to the bathroom without help, and cooking food on my own.

"Yeah I know how you feel, but soon it'll be over. You'll be back to your life, and you won't need to worry about anyone else except yourself." I hummed in reply. "Yeah I know, I just don't know how patient I'm going to be before I lose my mind."

He laughed, his smile lighting up the whole room. I always admire his smile so much now, because when his dad passed I barely saw it. Actually, I remember the first night I saw him smile.

It was our eight grade graduation, and I had put on a black dress. It reached my knees, and was covered with white and gray flowers. I was walking down the stairs, and he beamed the brightest smile I had seen in a while. I remember the thousands of times that night he reassured me of how beautiful I was.

It honestly, made me wonder why we never thought of being more at a younger age. We acted the same. Even in stores, we would have people coming up to us and telling what a pretty couple we were. Our parents also never failed to remind us how good we would look together.

"You'll do great. If it comes down to it, I can fight someone if they're being annoying, just tell me when and where." I laughed.

For the first time in what seemed like forever, things were natural between us. There was no tension. No need to be perfect. There wasn't this big void I felt like I needed to fill. The conversation comes smoothly. It reminds me of when things weren't difficult between us.

"You would do that for me?" He smiled, resting his head on my shoulder gently. "I would do anything and everything for you." I smiled in response, resting my head on his. For the first time in months, I finally felt at peace. And clearly, very much, because after only a few seconds, my eyes began to close, and sleep took over me.

———

HIII MY LOVESS!! I really enjoyed writing this chapter because I feel like it's the first time that I've really gotten into their lives, so I hope you guys enjoyed. This chapter, just like the last one is definitely more of a filler, so I'm sorry for how short it is, but I still hope you guys liked it. I hope you all have an amazing night/day. XOXO<3

*also there will be a lot of POV changes, so please just bare with me*

Word Count: 1757

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

Worlds Apart Oleh M

Fiksi Remaja

58.9K 998 60
Dixie is in a committed relationship with who she thinks is the love of her life. Everyone loves their relationship her best friend, parents, sister...
420K 15.6K 70
Coming out must be hard but only doing so because you can no longer hide your feelings for your bestfriend is unimaginable. A story about falling in...
56.8K 630 25
dixie and noah (doah ) ship book ,fanfiction
2.4M 61.5K 32
Jezzabelle & Noah were bestfriends since diapers. They were very close, and loved each other before they even knew what love was, most likely they we...