emmylou | natasha romanoff

Від sansasrose

Kennedy Allen remembers the girl with the blue hair, the same way Natasha Romanoff can't forget the girl with... Більше

summary + cast.
prologue.
the meeting.
the promise.
the interrogation.
part one.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
part two.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
part three.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
part four.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
part five.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
forty-one.
part six.
forty-two.
forty-three.
forty-four.
forty-five.
forty-six.
forty-seven.
forty-eight.
part seven.
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
part eight.
fifty-four.
fifty-six.
fifty-seven.
fifty-eight.
fifty-nine.
sixty.
post-credit #1
post-credit #2
alternate endings.
vormir #1
vormir #2

fifty-five.

4.3K 255 565
Від sansasrose

2023
Manhattan, New York

"Do we have to stay with Anya?" TJ asks, "All she does is talk to Kate."

"I do not," Anya quickly defends.

"Yes you do," Diana says.

"And lucky for you all, you're not staying with just Anya," Melina says as she walks into the living room, setting her bag on the ground. The kid's faces light up as the four of them run over, embracing her.

"Babulya!" Elena exclaims, "Diana and I have been working on our Russian."

"Really?" Melina asks, "I'll help you girls improve on it. Knowing your mothers, it probably sounds extremely American."

"It isn't that American," Natasha insists.

"It is," Melina says quickly as she looks at Anya, "Even my baby's Russian is getting worse with each passing day she dates that New Yorker. My heart breaks."

"My Russian is not that bad," Anya says crossing her arms over her chest, "It's better than Natasha's."

"It is not!" Natasha insists, "And you got rid of your accent the second you touched American soil."

"Not the second," Anya says, "Reagan told me that I'd assimilate better with an American accent. And so far I have. I mean how else would I be president of Omega Tau Nu?"

Natasha stares at her, "You're proud of that?"

"See therein lies the problem. Assimilation. You should be proud of where you come from," Melina insists.

"The Red Room, woohoo," Anya says with a weak fist pump.

"That is not what I meant, Anya," Melina states.

Anya frowns, "And I am happy with my New Yorker. She's bringing me a t-shirt from Santorini."

"Oh a t-shirt," Melina says unimpressed, "Tell her to pay off your student loans."

"Natasha and Kennedy will do that," Anya says as she looks over at Natasha, fluttering her eyelashes, "Won't you dear sister?"

"Yeah no," Natasha replies, "We have three and a half kids to put through college."

"Three and a half?" Diana asks as she counts her siblings.

"We speculate that Elena will decide another path," Natasha tells her daughter.

"College is for losers!" Elena exclaims while her sister has an alternate reaction.

"Ooo," Diana says, "Speculate. I like that word. It'll confuse my classmates when I use it."

Melina looks at the young girl and shakes her head, "She's too much like her mother."

Natasha smiles as she messes up Diana's hair, making her giggle, "I know."

Outside on the deck in the backyard, Kennedy sat with her mother who was also helping keep an eye on the kids while she and Natasha went to find Clint who had turned to – darker hobbies after losing his family.

"Time travel?"

Kennedy sighs, "It's crazy."

"I've heard crazier," Meredith says with a smile, "So what's the plan?"

"We're going to go find Clint. Bruce is going to get Thor, he's in Norway helping out with the Asgardian colony there. Everyone else is going to fly in and we're going to hold a vote. Everyone votes yes and then we're going to go back and get the stones before Thanos, undo the snap, and then return them."

"And none of this will mess with the timeline?" Meredith asks.

"We don't quite know the rules of time travel," Kennedy responds, "But I'm thinking as long as we don't make any major changes, things should work for us. Well them. Natasha insists that I sit this out just in case something bad happens so I can be a single mom."

Meredith's brows furrow and Kennedy smiles, "I was kidding. Things should run smoothly."

"Have you told the kids anything?" Meredith asks, "I mean there are going to be some big changes in their lives if this works."

"I know," Kennedy says, "And we decided that we're going to talk to them when we get back. We'll try to explain it as simply as we can." 

"Kennedy," her mother says. The way that she speaks her name makes Kennedy feel slightly like she's in trouble, "Honey are you really going to be able to sit this one out?"

"Of course," Kennedy responds, "Why – do you think I can't?"

"No," her mother answers honestly.

"I can," Kennedy insists, but Meredith shakes her head. She knew her daughter. She knew that Kennedy could not sit still, not when Natasha was out there fighting.

"Then why don't you let Natasha do this alone?" Meredith asks, "Why don't you let her get Clint and let the Avengers handle this. You're just-"

Meredith cuts herself off as she looks at Kennedy. Her daughter's lips curve in a small smile, "I'm just human? No, I'm not. I did that to myself." Kennedy bites the inside of her jaw, "Mom, that serum is the worst thing that ever happened to me. For the longest time, I've been trying to figure out what good comes from this."

"Is curing cancer not good enough?" Meredith asks.

"I have to protect her," Kennedy says softly, "I can protect her now. And I have to. For them."

She looks into the house where her family is and looks at them with a small smile.

"We watch each other's back," Kennedy says, "That's what Natasha and I have always done. And I know that we have kids and I know that something could go wrong, but I won't let that happen. I can ensure that doesn't happen."

Meredith looks at Kennedy a sad smile on her lips, "I know I tell you this all the time, but you are a good person. I look at you and I see nothing but your father. He would be proud of you. I am proud of you."

Kennedy's lips spread in a small smile, and she looks down bashfully. She's met world leaders, millionaires, all sorts of powerful people, all of who have expressed just how impressed they are with Kennedy, and yet their words are nothing compared to those of her mother.

"Are you?" Kennedy asks.

"I am," Meredith says, "And those four kids, they worship you and Natasha. And I know that the reason you're going to go with Natasha is because you want to keep them proud. Because there isn't anything you wouldn't do for humanity."

"I just want to help," Kennedy says, "That's all I've ever wanted."

"Come here," Meredith says as she pulls Kennedy in for a hug. Kennedy relaxes into her mother's embrace, "I understand. Just make sure that you and Natasha return in one piece. Am I clear?"

"We always come back mom," Kennedy says with a smile, "Why should this be any different?"

"Because it's time travel!" her mother says with a laugh, "Aliens and arms dealers and Wandas. Those are nothing compared to the unknown."

Kennedy smiles, "Scared I'm gonna see you and dad in the seventies?"

"No," Meredith replies, "And your father was a perfect gentleman and I a perfect gentlelady."

Kennedy snorts, "Okay."

Meredith flicks her daughter, making Kennedy laugh as she stood from the couch and extended a hand to her mother. Kennedy's lip quirks up in a smile as she looks at her mom, "I got this."

"I know you do."

Kennedy grins as she heads back into the house and Meredith stares after her, releasing a shaky breath as she goes.

"Okay since you guys get to have fun with your grandmothers, we're going to go. But we'll be back really soon. We super duper promise," Natasha tells the kids as she grabs the bag by the door.

Franklin runs over and wraps his arms around Kennedy's legs and looks up at her, "I love you, mommy."

"I love you too," Kennedy says as she ruffles his hair, "To Neptune and back."

Kennedy looks over at the rest of the kids, "When we get back we'll talk. Okay?"

"Okay," Dianna agrees.

"T-shirts?" Elena asks and Natasha chuckles as she goes over and kisses her on the top of her head.

"We can get you t-shirts."

"Have a safe trip!" TJ says with a wave.

Kennedy and Natasha drive over to the Avenger's facility before taking one of the Quinjets and Natasha put in the coordinates for Tokyo, putting the jet on autopilot as she looks over at Kennedy who was sitting there looking out the window.

"You wouldn't happen to know Japanese would you?" Kennedy asks as she looks over at Natasha.

"I do," Natasha responds, "I modeled in Tokyo."

Kennedy's lips spread in a smile, "You did not."

"I didn't," Natasha says with a smile, "But when I was working undercover at Stark Industries evaluating Tony, my cover story was that I was a model in Tokyo and Tony loved that."

Kennedy sits back in her seat, eyes narrowing, "Define loved?"

"Pretty sure he wanted to sleep with me," Natasha says with a grin, "But he was also in love with Pepper and just didn't know it. Tony thought with his wrong head back then."

Kennedy crosses her arms over her chest, "Would you have slept with him?"

"What?" Natasha asks with a laugh, "No!"

Kennedy's eyes narrow, "Did you kiss him?"

"No!" Natasha insists with a smile, "I was a spy not a whore."

"No Nat, that's not what I meant to imply," Kennedy insists as she reaches out to take Natasha's hand, "I'm sorry."

"I'm messing with you," Natasha says with a smile, "And I can't help that I am a natural seductress."

"Oh whatever," Kennedy says as she rolls her eyes.

"No really," Natasha says, "If it wasn't for Fitz that night we'd met at the bar, would you have gone home with me?"

"No," Kennedy responds, "What kind of woman do you think I am?"

"Right," Natasha says, "Forgot you were a prude."

"Am not!"

"Are too!" Natasha responds with a smile, "Dinner then?"

"Yes," Kennedy admits begrudgingly, "But you were charming! And my childhood love! Of course, I was intrigued by you."

Natasha smirks, "It's the seductress in me."

Kennedy rolls her eyes.

"You have one in you too," Natasha says, "But she seduces people in the worst way. The type of seduction that makes you fall in love because I was in love with you the second I set my eyes on you at that bar."

Kennedy scoffs, "No way."

"Way," Natasha answers, "Kennedy you looked stunning sitting there pretending to care about football."

"Panthers and the Bengals," Kennedy says with a smile, despite it being eleven years ago, Kennedy could remember everything from that night when she met Natasha again. She could honestly remember everything from the very first day that she'd met Natasha.

"You played me that night. Drinking water."

"I wasn't expecting anyone to hit on me," Kennedy responds.

"Always expect someone to hit on you," Natasha tells her, "Because as long as we're together, I'm hitting on you, baby."

"Sounds like you're abusing me," Kennedy says with a snort.

Natasha shakes her head, "You just had to ruin it."

Kennedy smiles but it slips away, "Do we know how many people he's killed?"

"A lot," Natasha answers, "All shady, Clint would never hurt innocent people."

Kennedy pulls up a report, her eyes going wide as she looks at the screen before looking over at Natasha, "Nat, this isn't-"

"He lost his family," Natasha states.

"I get that," Kennedy says, "But this is – this is –"

"It's Ronin," Natasha completes, "That's what they call him. This isn't Clint. This is Ronin."

Kennedy stares at Natasha and nods her head wordlessly. When they land in Japan, Natasha asks around about a gang, which was next on Clint's list. The two of them walked the rainy streets of Tokyo as they entered a building and Kennedy's eyes went wide at the bodies.

"He's still here," Natasha mutters, "The blood is fresh."

They head through the building before ending up in a back alley. Clint was standing over the body of aman, cleaning his sword before pausing. Clint takes off his hood, "You shouldn't be here."

"Neither should you," Natasha tells him.

Clint looks at them and Kennedy would see that he looked different, yes he'd gotten a haircut, but there was just something different about Clint to her, something darker.

"I've got a job to do," Clint responds.

"Is that what you're calling this?" Natasha asks, "Killing all these people isn't going to bring your family back."

Clint looks away from them and doesn't say anything.

"We found something," Kennedy says, "It could be a chance. It is a chance."

"Don't," Clint tells her, shaking his head.

"Don't what?" Natasha asks him.

"Don't give me hope."

"Clint," Natasha says as she steps out from under the umbrella and into the rain, taking his hand, "I'm sorry that we couldn't give it to you sooner."

Clint looks down at their hands and then up at Natasha. She smiles reassuringly at him. Clint looks over at Kennedy who also smiles at him.

"Come on," Kennedy says, "It's time to go home."

When they get back to New York, the vote is cast and there isn't a single no, which meant operation time heist was a go. Natasha finds a way to balance her time between checking in on the time machine that Tony, Rocket, and Bruce were building while also maintaining the pretense with her kids that everything was normal and that they totally were not trying to bring back half of the universe.

She was there when they went to school and home before bedtime and while Diana was the only suspicious one, she never said anything, something that Natasha was grateful for.

"I have coffee," Kennedy says as she enters the Facility. She makes her way over to Tony and hands the coffee to him and then one to Rhodey. She stops in front of Nebula, unsure of whether or not she could drink coffee, but still hands her one.

"What is this?" Nebula asks as she inspects the cup.

"Coffee," Kennedy says, "It's kind of like fuel for humans! I like putting a lot of sugar in mine, it makes it sweeter."

"Hm," Nebula says as she looks at the cup before bringing it to her lips and taking a sip. She blinks a couple of times and Kennedy waits for a review.

"Do you like it?"

"It is different, yet enjoyable," Nebula tells her. She looks at Kennedy, "Thank you."

Kennedy smiles, "No problem!"

She hands a coffee to Bruce, who was now large and green and just weird. She also gives one to Thor, Clint, and Scott. The last two are for Natasha and Steve who take them with smiles.

"Test run today?" Kennedy asks and Steve nods his head.

"Do we know how this works?" Kennedy asks, "Like will going to the past mess with your future?"

"Apparently not," Natasha says, "Bruce explained and claimed that going to the past becomes your future and your present becomes the past, which can't be altered by the new future."

Kennedy's eyes narrow thoughtfully at Natasha, that didn't make any sense to her, and defied the logic of every time travel movie ever, "Sure okay."

"Where's Carol?" Natasha asks.

"She's handling something, but she said she'd try to be back for the time heist."

"She better hurry," Steve mutters, "Things are moving faster than we expected."

Kennedy looks over at him, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Steve tells her, "Just a little worried."

"About James?" Kennedy asks, "Marin told me that you wanted to name him after Bucky."

Steve laughs, "Yeah, but we were supposed to tell you together."

"Oh," Kennedy says with a sheepish smile, "Sorry, Marin is a chatterbox during our work breaks."

"And I'm worried about all of this," Steve says, "We failed the first time. I'm scared to fail again."

"We're not," Natasha says, "This has to work."

They watch as Clint takes his place on the time machine that Tony had built. Bruce handles the control, and they watch as Clint shrinks before disappearing. A minute later, Clint reappears, kneeling on the ground. Natasha runs over to him, Tony and Steve right behind her.

"Hey," Natasha says, "Look at me? Are you okay?"

Clint rises to his feet, nodding his head. He holds up a baseball glove, "It worked." He looks over at Tony, tossing the glove at him, a smile on his lips, "It worked!" 

That night after dinner, Kennedy and Natasha had to update their kids on what was to come. Natasha and Kennedy had sat them all down on the couch and they looked at them curiously. Usually, Kennedy knew what to tell them, but she wasn't sure what to say.

"When the three of you were babies still in your mommy's belly, a very bad man from outer space came to earth and he wanted to collect these stones. They were called Infinity Stones and they were very powerful," Natasha explains, "He used these stones to erase half of the universe."

"Erase?" Elena asks, "Like a mistake?"

"In a way," Natasha tells her, "That's what happened to TJ's parents and Aunt Yelena and Reagan and Wanda and everyone else."

"Can we get them back?" Franklin asks curiously.

"We can," Kennedy says with a small smile.

"I get to meet Aunt Yelena?" Elena asks with a grin.

"My parents can come back?" TJ asks.

"Yes," Natasha says, "But first we have to go collect the stones and undo what Thanos did."

"You guys are going?" Diana asks a frown on her lips.

"I am," she says, "But everything is going to be fine. I'll be gone and back before you can blink."

"What if you're not though?" Diana asks, "What if something happens? What if – what if you disappear?"

"Diana," Natasha says shaking her head, "I'm not going to disappear. Okay?"

"Why do you have to be the hero? The heroes always die in the story!" Diana says as she stands up and storms off upstairs.

"You're going to die?" Franklin asks softly.

"No," Natasha says shaking her head, "No one is dying."

"I'll go talk to Diana," Kennedy says as she heads up the stairs and into Elena and Diana's room. Diana holds her pillow close to her chest and glares at her mother.

"Diana," Kennedy says softly.

"I don't want you guys to go," Diana insists, "I don't want those people back if it means that you guys have to go."

"Diana," Kennedy says, "You don't mean that."

"I do!" Diana exclaims, "I don't want anything happening to you guys."

"Baby," Kennedy says as she takes a seat beside Diana, "Do you know how long your mom has been saving the world?"

"A long time," Diana answers.

"Right," Kennedy says, "And has anything happened to her?"

"No."

"Your mama always comes back," Kennedy says, "I used to think that she wouldn't, but she kept coming home. And then eventually I'd follow her all over the place, just to make sure that she did come back."

"You can do that?" Diana asks.

"Make your mom come home? Oh yeah," Kennedy says with a small smile, "It's kind of like my superpower."

"So, if mama goes and you go with her, you'll make sure she gets home?"

"I will make sure she gets home," Kennedy says softly.

"You super-duper promise?" Diana asks and Kennedy's lips quirk in a small smile.

"I super-duper promise," Kennedy says as she kisses the top of her daughter's head.

"I didn't mean it," Diana says softly, "I do want everyone to have their families back and be happy."

"I know you didn't mean it cause you're a sweet girl with a big heart," Kennedy says, poking Diana's side, making her giggle.

"Mama says I get that from you."

"You get it from her," Kennedy says, "She acts all tough, but she's a big softie who loves hugs and kisses. You know she thinks you're mad at her, so you should go give her a big fat hug."

"Okay," Diana says as she springs up from the bed. Kennedy watches as Diana runs out of the room with a smile. Like a little bullet, she makes her way over to Natasha and hugs her tightly. Natasha looks down at Diana who looks up at her with a smile, "I love you, mama."

Natasha smiles down at Diana, "I love you too."

"Kisses?" Diana asks and Natasha chuckles as she squats before Diana and points to her cheek. Diana leans forward planting a kiss on Natasha's cheek before pointing to her own, where Natasha leans in and kisses her on the cheek.

The next day, they made a plan to find the Infinity Stones. Kennedy used her notes from when Thanos first invaded Earth and looked at the page she had dedicated to the Soul stone which was practically empty.

"Everyone in this room has come in contact with the six Infinity Stones," Steve says.

"Or been damn near killed by one," Tony says, "We only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip which means that we need to pick our times and locations perfectly."

"Let's start with the Aether," Steve says, "Thor?"

They go through each stone having a location, year, and person that interacted with each stone, aside from the Soul stone.

"Thanos found the Soul Stone on Vormir," Nebula informed them all. Kennedy wrote down the name of the planet.

"What is Vormir?" Natasha asks.

"A dominion of death at the very center of celestial existence," Nebula says, which catches Kennedy's attention as she looks up, "It's where Thanos murdered my sister."

Everyone in the room was silent, no one truly had anything to say about Gamora. Or Vormir really.

Kennedy stares at the screen with the Soul Stone. She couldn't explain it, but she was intrigued by it. A stone that didn't channel brute force. A stone that they didn't understand. That was the one Kennedy wanted.

Tony, Bruce, and Natasha lay on the floor talking amongst each other as Kennedy tried to locate Vormir on a holographic map.

"If you pick the right year, there are three stones in New York," Natasha points out. Kennedy looks up from the hologram as Tony and Bruce both sit up.

"Shut the front door," Bruce says.

"That puts three in New York in 2012," Tony says, as he looks at Natasha, "You are a genius, Romanoff."

He kisses her forehead, an action that makes Kennedy frown as he stands up ad goes over to the screen. Time, Space, and Mind were all in New York in 2012. The Aether was on Asgard in 2013. Power and Soul were on Morag and Vormir which weren't too far from each other.

Tony sighed as he looked at the screen, "We have a plan."

Steve enters the room, looking at the screen as well, "Six stones. Three teams. One shot." 

Natasha and Kennedy return home that night to tuck the kids in for bed.

"You girls want to learn something cool that will surprise Aunt Yelena?" Natasha asks as she looks at the two girls.

"Yes," Elena says as she sits up in bed.

"Okay," Natasha says with a smile, "When you're Aunt Yelena and I were growing up we had a secret whistle."

"Can we know?" Elena asks.

"I'm about to tell you, Lena," Natasha says, smiling at her daughter's eagerness, "So my part went like this." Natasha whistles and the girls listen with smiles on their lips, "And then your Aunt Yelena's went like-" Natasha whistles Yelena's part and looks at the girls with a smile.

"Elena will want Aunt Yelena's part, so I'll take yours," Diana says before mimicking her mother's whistle perfectly.

"Good job," Natasha tells her daughter.

Elena whistles Yelena's part and it doesn't come out as smoothly as Diana's had, but she still got it.

"We'll work on it," Natasha says as she comes over to kiss the girl goodnight. As she leans down to kiss Diana, she pulls away from her mother slightly.

"Mommy has to go with you," Diana says, "She's the only person that can make sure that you come home."

"Diana," Natasha says softly.

"Someone should always watch your back and who better than Mommy? If a bad guy hurts you, she can heal you," Diana says, "You need her, and we need you."

Natasha sighs, seeing no point in arguing with their daughter, "Okay."

Diana smiles as she whistles Natasha part, her lips quirk as she whistles back.

"Night Mama," Diana says as she closes her eyes, "I love you to Neptune and back."

"Me too!" Elena says, "Neptune and back."

"I love you girls to Neptune and back," Natasha says, "Now get some sleep."

In TJ's room, Kennedy and TJ sat in his bed, her arm around TJ's shoulder as the boy snuggled into her side.

"When my parents come back, do I have to live with them?" TJ wonders.

"They'll probably want you to," Kennedy says, "They'll want to spend time with you and get to know you."

"I'm scared," TJ says, "What if they don't like me?"

"They're going to love you," Kennedy insists, "You're their son."

"I'm your son," TJ says and Kennedy's lips quirk as she nods her head.

"Yeah, you are," Kennedy says, "And you always will be. I wouldn't trade these last five years for a thing."

"I want to stay here," TJ insists, "I want to stay with you guys. You are my family. You hold me when I'm sad and you cheer me on at soccer games and you've been there. You've always been there."

"Your parents would have been there if they could," Kennedy tells him.

TJ looks up at her with sad blue eyes, "I don't want them to come back."

"Thomas, you don't mean that."

"I do," TJ states, "They'll come back, and everything will change, and I don't want things to change. I want them to stay the way that they are." 

Kennedy sighs, "I'll make you a promise then. I promise that no matter what happens, I will always be there for you. And you will always have a home here. And Frankie, Lena, and Diana, they will always be your siblings. And we will always be your family."

"You promise?" TJ asks.

Kennedy smiles as she tickles TJ's side, making him laugh, "I super-duper promise."

"Okay," TJ says as he looks up at her.

"Okay," Kennedy says with a smile, "Now bring it here."

TJ hugs her tightly and Kennedy hugs him close, plating a kiss on the top of his red hair, "I love you so much TJ."

"I love you too," TJ responds, "So much."

Kennedy tucks him into the bed and turns the lights off, closing TJ's door behind her. As she steps into the hallway, Natasha is standing there, arms crossed over her chest. Kennedy's brows furrow at the expression on Natasha's face.

"You're not going," Natasha tells her.

"What?" Kennedy asks.

"The time heist," Natasha states, "You are not going."

"Nat-"

"No," Natasha says firmly, "We have kids."

"We have kids," Kennedy repeats, "We have kids, but I also have you. And I have to protect you."

"Kennedy I can-"

"You can protect yourself, I know that," Kennedy says, "But I am not letting you do this alone because I love you. Where you go, I go. We're in this together. We've always been, and Diana told me to protect you, so I am. End of story, Natasha."

Kennedy walks off and Natasha sighs and rolls her eyes as she heads downstairs.

The next morning, Kennedy drops the kids off at school, Melina promising to pick them up. Kennedy drives over to the Avenger's Facility and she enters to see that Tony's already there, running last-minute diagnostics. He looks over at Kennedy who holds out a cup of coffee to him.

"I really hoped I wouldn't see you today," Tony mutters as he takes the coffee cup from her.

"Be honest," Kennedy says, "You knew you'd see me."

"I did," Tony says, "Which is why I had this made."

Tony holds up one of the time watches and holds it out to Kennedy. She takes it with a small smile.

"I can't sit still," Kennedy tells him, "I've never been able to. I was mad at Natasha for not being able to give up this lifestyle. Truth is I can't give it up either. I like helping people and I want to help. Plus, time travel is really fucking cool."

Tony laughs, shaking his head, "Of course, you'd think that. Can you just promise me one thing?"

"Sure," Kennedy tells him.

"Promise me that we'll get drinks after this," Tony tells her.

Kennedy smiles, "Coffee not strong enough?"

"Not for what we're going," Tony tells her.

"I promise we'll get drinks," Kennedy tells him, "Oh like one of those bucket margaritas!"

"Yes!" Tony says, "High-five me."

Kennedy laughs as she high-fives Tony.

"Okay," Tony says, "You and Natasha have the Soul stone, so you'll be going to Vormir. Think you guys can handle the dominion of death?"

"Natasha and I can handle anything," Kennedy says with a smile.

Everyone begins to arrive, and they all get ready. Natasha spares Kennedy a glance. Before coming to the Facility, Natasha sat down and had breakfast with her mother-in-law. Meredith smiled as she looked at Natasha.

"I know you have a big day ahead of you."

"Yeah," Natasha says softly.

"I wanted to ask something of you," Meredith says, "Can you just look after her?"

Natasha smiles, "I always do."

Meredith nods her head, "She's never been one to sit still, but you know that. You know her just as well as I do. Better."

"Diana wants her to come to protect me," Natasha says with a laugh, "To make sure that I come home."

"She will make sure that you come home," Meredith says, "You just make sure that she comes home too."

"I will," Natasha says, "I will."

Anya enters the facility as everyone was standing on the landing pad. They all look over at her and Anya smiles and waves.

"Hey!" she says, "Just wanted to be a witness to time travel. You know this is so cool, I wish I could come."

"Maybe when you're older," Natasha tells her.

"Alright," Steve says, "We get the stones. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know, but that doesn't mean that we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives and we're going to win. Whatever it takes."

Rocket nods his head, "He's pretty good at that."

"You owe me a birthday party," Tony says as he looks at the raccoon.

"Alright since you invented time travel I'll do your stupid birthday party," Rocket says, "Anything else?"

"Nope," Tony says.

"Can I touch things?" Anya asks, "I mean I'm sure I can send you off into the past it looks pretty easy-"

"Do not touch anything," Tony orders and Anya sighs, her shoulders sagging.

"You guys are no fun," Anya insists.

Bruce flips switches and Kennedy can't help but smile, "Guys we're time traveling!"

"Calm down, we're not going to Disney," Tony tells her. Bruce joins them on the landing pad and slaps his watch.

"See you in a minute," Natasha says with a small smile.

Anya waves at them with a wide smile on her lips. Kennedy waves back at her as their helmets deploy before they're sucked down into the quantum time portal.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

71.6K 1.3K 47
Anastasia Romanoff always looked up to her older sister, Natasha. Ever since they had left the Red Room and joined S.H.I.E.L.D. with the help of thei...
30.1K 580 39
[Completed] *Not Edited* "Just like budapest?" "In other words we all remember budapest very differently!" "Don't you say it don't you say it!" "On y...
110K 4K 56
Aloisia spent years travelling between planets before finally settling on earth, where she met Natasha Romanoff Natasha Romanoff x fem!oc Follow even...
7.9K 161 15
A story of Y/n Stark, x natasha romanoff Y/n is a 23-year-old famous singer and actress. Y/n loves to do the things she knows; singing, acting, sl...