I Found A Way

By TheMShow01

I didn't know what to think when my girlfriend, Melly, told me she was pregnant. Should I be happy? Nervous... More

Chapter 1- Suspicious Sunday, April 13, 2014
Chapter 2- Night Time Sunday, April 13, 2014
Chapter 3- Finally Getting Some Answers Saturday, April 27, 2014
Chapter 4- My Reaction Saturday, April 27, 2014
Chapter 5- The First Ultrasound Friday, May 16, 2014
Chapter 6- Telling My Parents Sunday, May 25, 2014
Chapter 7- Telling Her Parents Sunday, May 25, 2014
Chapter 8- A Surprise Sunday, May 25, 2014
Chapter 10- Telling Our Friends Saturday, June 7, 2014
Chapter 11- Monday Morning Monday, June 9, 2014
Chapter 12-Gym Class Monday, June 9, 2014
Chapter 13- Finding A Job Monday, June 9, 2014
Chapter 14- Boy or Girl? Sunday, June 13, 2014
Chapter 15- Band Session Saturday, July 19, 2014
Chapter 16- My Birthday Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Chapter 17- A Date Saturday, August 16, 2014
Chapter 18- At Work Monday, August 18, 2014
Chapter 19- Dinner At Dad's House Monday, August 18, 2014
Chapter 20- Last Day of Summer Sunday, August 31, 2014
Chapter 21- First Day Of School Monday September 1 2014
Chapter 22- The Birth of The Drama Queen Monday, September 1, 2014
Chapter 23- Our First Fight Saturday, September 13, 2014
Chapter 24- Fighting For Their Lives Saturday, September 13, 2014
Chapter 25- I'm Here Sunday, September 14, 2014
Chapter 26- In The Hospital Monday, September 15, 2014
Chapter 27- Nurse Melly Sunday, September 28, 2014
Chapter 28- Halloween Friday, October 31, 2014
Chapter 29- Thanksgiving Thursday November 27 2014
Chapter 30- Melly's Birthday Friday, December 19, 2014
Chapter 31- The Baby's Coming Friday, December 19, 2014
Chapter 32- Meeting Our Baby Friday, December 19, 2014
Chapter 33- The Visitors Saturday, December 20, 2014
Chapter 34- Going Home Saturday, December 20, 2014
Chapter 35- Up All Night Sunday, December 22, 2014
Chapter 36- Christmas Thursday, December 25, 2014
Chapter 37- New Years Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Chapter 38- Back At School Monday, January 5, 2015
Chapter 39- Drama At School Monday, January 23, 2015
Chapter 40- Melly Loses Her Mind Friday February 6 2015
Chapter 41- Valentine's Day Saturday, February 14, 2015.
Chapter 42- Two Idiots and A Baby Saturday,
Chapter 43- The Gig Friday, February 27, 2015
Chapter 44- 'H' Is For Humiliation Sunday, March 15, 2015
Chapter 45- Danny's First Baptism Sunday, March 29, 2015
Chapter 46- Easter Sunday April 5 2015
Chapter 47- Mother's Day Sunday May 10 2015
Chapter 48- Son Of A Melly Saturday, May 23, 2015
Chapter 49- Prom Friday, June 5, 2015
Chapter 50- Graduation Day Monday, June 8, 2015
Chapter 51- Job Offer Saturday, June 13, 2015
Chapter 52- The Interview Monday, June 14, 2015
Chapter 53- Father's Day Sunday, June 21, 2015
Chapter 54- Moving Saturday, July 5, 2015
Chapter 55- Before The Wedding Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Chapter 56- The Wedding Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Chapter 57- Honeymoon Thursday, December 20, 2018
Epilogue- Saturday July 4 2020
Acknowledgement

Chapter 9- Parker Family Fun Day Monday, May 26, 2014

98 8 0
By TheMShow01

Every year on Memorial Day, my family and I would go to Walla, Washington, meet the other family members, and we have fun all day. There are a lot of games, foods, drinks, and just most importantly a lot of fun. At night, we make s'mores and then we sleep in our tents until the sun rises. Everyone would show up, but my biological father and nobody knows why. But we all have fun without him anyway.

I usually would have to leave Melly behind in California, which leads me to a depression because it's no fun being anywhere without my partner in crime. I try to have fun, but there wouldn't be a ping in my heart without my Melly around. But this year is different, because since she is carrying my son or daughter, she is considered as a Parker which means she gets to come with us. I know, I know. Let's fangirl together, y'all. Thankfully, she knows almost all the members of family just like I know most of the members with hers, so I don't have to introduce her to everyone.

Right now, Melly is fast asleep on my shoulder while I'm watching Games of Throne on my iPad mini as we drove in our family's van to our destination. I've been noticing that this pregnancy has been really wearing her out. I'm not complaining, she needs all the rest she can get especially for this weekend, I just wish she was awake so we can do something fun together.

"Mommy, are we there yet?" Mia asked for the hundredth time. I know she's only three, but come on. Why can't she be like other kids that falls asleep during a car trip?

I should explain where and when Liam and his daughter came in the picture.

It has been eleven years since my father walked out of my life for another woman. It has left both me and my brother heartbroken since we were supposed to hang out with him the day he left. Luckily, I had Melly there to comfort me or else, I would have been a complete mess.

On Liam side of the story, he just had a child. One day, his wife was coming home from the grocery store when a truck hit her on the left side of the car, killing her in the process. He had a really hard time recovering from his loss, which didn't help the newborn he had to take care of. He didn't even want to get out of the house until his friends basically begged him to. That's when he started working at this restaurant called, The Vinci. They didn't pay him enough, but in his mind, he any amount of money will do to maintain his daughter.

One day, my mother decided to go to The Vinci during her lunchbreak. She was waited by Liam, who seemed to grew fond of her friendliness. It wasn't love at first sight, but she kept going back to that restaurant ever since. One night, after seeing her for a month or two, once everyone was out of the food place, Liam made dinner for mom. They ate and drank as they got to know each other better. They ending the night with a small dance. Two weeks later, mom announced that she is seeing a new person. After she gave us the information, I went to Liam's house to make sure that he doesn't hurt mom or anything. I wanted him to know that I was the man of the house and if he doesn't treat my mother right, he's going to pay. So after a year and a quarter of dating, mom broke the news that they were going to get married. To this day, I'm still in shock, but they got their children's blessing and now we're here.

"No sweetie. It's going to take us another hour." Mom said.

I looked at my watch and groaned, putting my head on top of Melly's. We've on the road since five in the morning and now it's four in the afternoon. I just want some freedom for just a bit. I sighed as I buried my face in Melly's hair and began to drift into darkness.

{_}

I woke up when I felt someone poking my nose. I didn't even have to open my eyes to know that it was my girlfriend. She likes to pick random people to be her 'poker buddy' sometimes. It's weird, but it's Melly. I never expected normalcy from her.

"Yes, Mel?" I groaned, opening one of my eyes at her and closing it.

"We're here." She said.

I opened my eyes to look around where we are. At the same field that is full of decorations and other junk. It's really pretty. I looked down at Melly, who smiled at me. I smiled back.

"Welcome to the Parker Family Reunion, Melly." I said as we stepped out of the car. Melly stretched before looking around.

"Better than I've imagined it to be." Melly said, before kissing me.

I kissed her back. Thank goodness, she doesn't have that gooey Victoria Secret crap on. It smells and taste nice, but it's annoying to take off. It looks nice on her, not me. I pulled back and she put her head on my shoulder again. She fits as if she were meant to be there. And she does. She does belong to me."Alright, you lovebirds. Set up your tents and then greet your family." Mom said.

I rolled my eyes and went to the trunk of our van to retrieve our tent set. I put my arm around Melly as we headed to a spot besides a tree that's not too far from our car. I would usually have to share a tent with my family, but this year is obviously different. This year I get to share a tent with Melly.

I settled the tent stuff down and opened it up. Melly got the instruction and I got a tent sheet. As Melly starts to walk away from me, I smacked her butt with the sheet that's in my hand.

"Really?" Melly said, looking at me.

I shrugged making her shake her head as she went back to reading the instruction.

"I can tell you're smiling, Mel. You can't hide anything from me." I said, making her laugh. I just smiled as I tried to figured out how to make our temporary shelter.

Not even twenty minutes later, we managed to make our tent.

"Awesome!" Melly said, coming out of it.

"Yeah, it really is." I said.

Just then, my Aunt Marissa came up to us. She is just a pudgy, woman in her mid-fifties with curly, red hair and deep emerald eyes. She is really kind, but can be really chatty sometimes.

"Oh hello, Derek! It's so nice to see you again. And you brought your girlfriend? How wonderful! It's great to have more people to come to this reunion. You know what they say the more than merrier. And she's really pretty. Good choice." She said. I was about to say something, but she just continued talking. I exchanged a look with Melly and turned back to my Aunt. "So how's life? What's going on? What brings her here?"

I exhaled, before speaking, "Hi, Aunt Marissa. Everything is great. Life is wonderful actually, because Melly is officially considered as a Parker. Why? You may ask, guess."

"I give up." Aunt Marissa said, shrugging.

"Oh, um, Melly. Would you like to tell our Aunt why you're considered as one of us?" I said, looking at her, nudging her in the ribs.

"Oh um, of course." Melly said, shooting me a glare. "We're having a baby."

"What?" Aunt Marissa said in shocked. "That's wonderful! Oh, congratulations, you two!"

I stiffened as she hugged the both of us. I looked at Melly who seemed uncomfortable to be in this three way hug as well. I pat my aunt's back before she pulled away. This lady seems joyful of the fact that we're having a baby, regardless of our age. It's a refreshing change.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so happy. I cannot wait to tell the rest of the family!" Aunt Marissa said, before she turned around and walked away.

I exchanged a look of fear with Melly as we try to protest against her words, but she was gone. I sighed look at Melly. That's another thing about my aunt; she loves to gossip.

"Maybe it wasn't a bright idea to tell the gossip girl that I'm expecting." Melly said.

"Yeah, but what can we do? They were about to find out anyway." I said.

"Yeah, I guess so." She said, leaning against my chest.

{_}

Two hours went by and I was in at least four games that involves jumping, running, and winning in general. Because Melly has just gotten pregnant, we assigned her to the easier games, so she won't do anything to hurt herself.

I ran up to my brunette girlfriend at the picnic table after a sack jumping game with Mia, just in time for the pie eating contest.

"Hey, are you okay?" I said, once I got up to her.

"Oh, I am more than okay, thank you very much. And I will be even more okay, once I kick your cousin's butt in this pie eating contest, isn't that right, Jimmy?" Melly said, turning to my 18-year-old cousin, Jimmy with his twin brother Timmy.

"I don't know what she's talking about, Derek." Jimmy said.

"Yeah, she's crazy." His brother added.

"Hey! That's my girlfriend and I don't appreciate the way you're—oh I'm kidding. I don't call her my nutter butter for nothing." I said, putting my arms around her in a headlock to give her a nuggie on her head.

Melly laughed and tried to get out of my grip, but failed.

"Stop! Get off of me Derek!" Melly said, between laughter and tried to get my arms off of her. That was never going to happen. That is until I started to tickle her, making her laugh harder than before. I caught her before she could fall flat on the ground, hurting herself. I gently put her on the ground and resumed tickling her, making her arms and legs flail like a dying insect.

I immediately froze in my place when I heard the whistle blow.

"What's going on back here?"I heard my Uncle David say.

I looked up and said, "Oh nothing, nothing. Melly fell on the floor, so I'm helping her up."

I can feel Melly giving me a look through my cheek. I extend a hand to which she received and I helped her up. I looked at my uncle to see him walking away, shaking his head, muttering something unintelligent under his breath. I looked at Melly merely helping her dust off her clothes.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

She giggled as she nodded her head. I smiled as we returned to our seat.

"Good job, cuz!" Jimmy said, "You look like you were nailing her!"

"You have no idea." I thought as I sat besides Melly and Jimmy.

"Alright, the pie contest is about to start 3...2...1!" My uncle said, before a gunshot goes off, signaling the beginning of the first round.

I chanted Melly's name in support as she chowed down that cherry pie.

"Come on, Mel! You can do this!" I chanted.

Technically, this is cheating since she's eating for two, but nobody has to know about that until after the contest. And after three more minutes, Melly's head was the first to pop up.

I cheered as I picked her arm up in the air.

"And the winner is Melina Martinez!" Uncle David yelled through the microphone. The crowd was cheering as she received the first round prize which is a stuffed monkey.

"Thanks!"She said, before sitting down, waiting for the game to begin again.

{_}

After winning a few more rounds, Melly walked around the field with a lot of gifts in her arms. Nothing too expensive nor heavy, but great to have at a family reunion. We were walking around the park with John, after picking him up from his tent.

We walked over to what seems to be a chicken wing eating contest. Because John is such a chicken wing fan(I don't blame him), I signed him up, so he can participate with five other people. When John told him this, of course he freaked out a little, but after trying to give some confidence, he agreed to do this.

"Alright, are you ready?"I told John as he sat down.

"Yeah." John said, with a smile.

The game began with a gunshot. John was in mid-bite, when I hear a bunch of people screaming from a distant. They sound angry? I looked behind me to see people with picket signs that read PFCR.

"Huh?" I raised my eyebrow. Melly looked at me and I just pointed my finger in the PFCR's direction.

"People for chicken rights?" Melly and I said at the same time. I looked at her and she shrugged.

"Um, John?" I told him, snapping him out of his dream come true.

"Yeah?" He said, looking up. It didn't take long to see the look of horror on his face once he spotted the PFCR.

"One word of advice: run!" I told him.

He didn't have a second as he got up and started to move, but he wasn't fast enough for the PFCR. I took Melly and hid behind a tree. Chickens were flying everywhere as the protesters were ranting how "wrong" it is to eat chicken and they have as much right to live as we do. I see their point, but this is too extreme. They ultimately took my brother and threw him in the ocean.

"John!" I yelled, immediately regretting it. I would help, but I need to protect Melly from these crazy vegetarians.

Once the group seemed to die down and disperse, I headed over to the table where there were a few pieces of chicken left. I looked at my brother, who was desperately trying to swim to shore. Damn, he sucks at swimming. I know I should help him, but chicken! Plus, Melly is already helping. They don't need me. I just sat on the bench and started to eat the leftovers.

"Derek!" Melly yelled.

"What?" I said, looking at her.

"Mind giving me a hand here?" She said, pointing to John. I started to clap to which she said, "that's not what I meant!"

"Don't worry, Mel. I'll help." I said. When I'm finished with these tasty chicken wings.

I heard her sigh in defeat as John yelled as he fell in the water again.

{_}

Melly, John, Jimmy, Timmy, my cousin Sally, and I were sitting around the camp fire, roasting marshmallows, hot dogs, and s'mores, telling the stories of our lives.

"So I answered all the NYU administrator's questions and I got in." Sally shared.

"That's awesome! Congratulations." The group said.

Sally is my super smart, eighteen year old cousin. Her dream is to be a psychiatrist, so she can help people out in the future. So far she got accepted to Yale, New York University, Princeton, and Columbia University. I would love to be her place right now.

"Thanks. So what about you guys? What's going on in your lives?" Sally asked.

I heard Melly sighed, making me squeeze her hand in reassurance. I looked down at the worn out girl laying on my lap and smiled at her. I'm trying to give her the encouragement to say what she wants to say.

She sighed again and said those two words that she's been saying lately, "I'm pregnant."

I saw our cousins look at us in shock. A mix of "ooohs" and "umms" were heard around the fire by our little group.

"Is that how you won the pie contest?" Jimmy asked. "I knew something was weird with how rapidly she was eating the pile of desserts with someone her size."

"What?" Melly said, lifting her head up, daring Jimmy to repeat that again. I gently pushed my girlfriend's head back down on my lap as I mouthed Jimmy 'no'. He does not want to repeat that.

"So that's why Derek said you're officially considered a Parker." Sally said, nodding her head..

"Yup. She's carrying a little Parker inside of her, right now." I said, patting her stomach.

"Interesting. Well, congratulations." Sally said, with a small smile.

"Thanks." Melly and I said at the same time.

"When is the baby due?" Timmy asked.

"December 21st." Melly said.

"Oh how adorable! You're having a Christmas miracle." Sally cheered.

"Yeah, it is a miracle." Melly said, with her lips curved upwards. It's nice to see her happy about this. It would be a total bummer to see her unhappy about the news.

"What do you plan to do about this pregnancy since you're so young?" Jimmy asked, finally settling down from the pie eating contest memory.

"I'm not exactly sure as I'm still trying to figure it out. Obviously, I'm staying in school as I feel it's important to be educated, no matter what the circumstance is. I will also try to find a job that will help give me the money to give this kid the best life as possible. I will probably take a parenting class or two, just to see what to do once the baby is born." Melly said.

"That's good." Jimmy commented, "What about you, Derek?"

"I'm on the same page as her. We're doing the best that we can do so we won't fail this baby or anything." I responded.

"Are you kidding?" John spoke up. "There's no doubt in my mind that you guys won't fail this baby. You guys may be scared and a bit clueless on what to do, but that's natural and it seems that you guys are on the right track. I mean look at you two. You guys are living together on your own paying rent. You're staying in school. Hell, you're still together acting like the same couple that I met on day one, even after she announced the pregnancy.Why? Because you guys make a great team and when you guys are together, awesome things happen. So don't worry about the what ifs, because I know that everything is going to be okay."

I blinked at my younger brother. Even after I didn't save him from the PFCR, he will gives us encouragement about the life that we brought upon ourselves. He was raised the same way I was. Whenever someone is in doubt, give some positivity. I smiled and gave my brother a word of gratitude.

"Thanks John." I said.

"You're welcome. Now if you excuse me, I'm really tired and I would like to get some shut eyes before our long trip back home tomorrow. Later guys." John said, stretching and leaving.

"Night." We all said as he leaves.

"Yeah, we better get going. We're leaving as early as possible." Jimmy said, with his brother getting to leave.

"Alright. Have a good night sleep." Melly said.

"Thanks. You too. And congrats on the baby." He said.

"Thanks." She said.

"I should get some beauty sleep as well. I'm not leaving so early, but my eyelids are getting heavier and heavier to keep open." Sally said, yawning as she left.

"Good night."

"Good night." We said behind her.

I looked at Melly. "Looks like it's just you and me."

"Perfect." She said, smiling.

I kissed her with her kissing back.

{_}

I went inside the tent, after I peed on the tree near us(I don't dare to go into that porter potty.) I see Melly with her eyes closed, but I know she isn't sleeping.

"Hehe, comfortable there, sleepy head?" I asked.

"Not yet. I need my teddy bear." She said, looking at me.

Joking, I said, "Well, there's always that stuffed animal that you won today at the pie eating contest."

"Shut up! I meant you, you goofball!" She whispered-yelled, laughing.

"Kidding. Kidding." I said, lying down besides her.

She turns around to face me and said, "I know."

"You did really well today with the family. I'm super glad you came along." I said.

"I'm glad I was invited in the first place. Somebody had to keep you from crying like a little girl during these happy event." Melly teased.

"I never cried." I protested.

"John would tell me stories on you would mope during these events" She said.

"I can't help, but be sad whenever I don't have my partner in crime around." I explained.

She laughed and said, "But seriously, I am worried about you. What would happen when I'm gone? I don't want you to destroy your life because of it; I want you to live your life to the fullest. I want you to act the same way as if I were here. A happy guy."

"Well, don't you feel the same way when I'm not around?" I asked.

"Of course I do. You're my boyfriend. I would go crazy without you. But in case, any of us dies, I don't want you to be so sad to the point where it is toxic for your mind. Got it?" She said.

I nodded my head in understanding. "Got it."

"Alright, babe. I love you." She said, turning to lay on her other side.

"I love you too." I said.

"Good night."

"Night."

I kissed her head as I wrapped my arms around her chest, my hand purposely touching her cups. She put my butt on my crotch with her leg in between mine. I turned off the flashlight, kissed her again, and fell fast asleep like a baby

AN: I am so sorry for the long wait. I was so busy with school and thinking how to write this out without sounding too awkward. I was determine to not go to sleep until this chapter was published. And viola! Here's a new chapter. Yup, I'm tired.

So as you can see here, I need a beta-writer to edit my stories. If you would like that offer, please feel free to inbox me whenever you feel like it. Just make sure you're okay with English(no offense if you're not.).

Anyway thanks for reading my story. It means a lot me. Please spread the word, so I can have 300 readers and 20 votes before the summer starts! Yay! Please stick around. There will be more soon! Until then, have a blessing day! :)

Xoxo,

M.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 133 28
LANGUAGE AND SOME SEXUAL CONTENT! 15 year old Mia Link is new to the idea of love. So when 17 year old Aatto King comes into her life and shows her w...
9.1K 299 59
I swear, I decided to let loose with my boyfriend, Derek, and it's just BAD news. Now look what happened! I'm pregnant at sixteen! I don't have a clu...
127K 2.2K 92
Anastasia has never been a rule breaker, she never joins in on the popular trends; or with the popular kids, she's always been very careful. Until on...
209K 4.4K 53
Guys I wrote this book around the age of 13. I am now 21, Married, I have two babies. I now realize how funny this book can be. I will be keeping the...