One Punch Man: The Beacon of...

By Zeta_Lyfe

One Punch Man, but with a lot of hope! A Man who is a Hero for Fun. A Cyborg on a quest for Justice. A Ninja... More

Chapter 1 The Hopeful Boy
Chapter 2 The Lone Cyborg
Chapter 3 The Obsessive Scientist
Chapter 4 The Cold Psychic
Chapter 5 The Ultimate Master
Chapter 6 The Modern Ninja
Chapter 7 The Ultimate Disciple
Chapter 8 The Deep Sea King
Chapter 9 The Golden Warrior
Chapter 11 Unparalleled Peril
Chapter 12 The Dominator of the Universe

Chapter 10 Unbound Hope

195 7 1
By Zeta_Lyfe

Three explosions ignited within Blizzard HQ! The Golden Warrior backpedaled through the training room, massive pieces of debris crashing down onto the ground and narrowly missing him!

Citrine: What's got you in such a bad mood?!

The young man was suddenly bound by a cerulean ring, rubble rushing into him from all sides and forming a ball of stone around his body! The Blizzard of Hell let out heavy breaths as she analyzed the destruction she'd just caused. . .

The Training Center had been hit by a tornado of terror. . .

Spirit Demon Kamikaze!

A bright shine emitted from the trapped Citrine, his aura exploding and scattering rock in every direction! The boy dusted himself off as he went a mild glare towards his friend.

Citrine: Did you get whatever was bugging you out of your system?

Fubuki: . . . No.

A pebble hit him in the back of the head.

Citrine: Ow. . .

The Cold Psychic excused herself, marching out of the room and leaving behind a clueless Citrine. . .

Citrine: I wonder what's got her all moody. . .

Um, Mr. Citrine. . .?

The hero had nearly forgotten that they had an audience. Glancing over his shoulder, the Hopeful Boy's curious gaze met the worried eyes of his fellow hero, Lily of the Three-Section-Staff.

Lily: I wouldn't be too worried. This happens quite a lot.

Citrine: (Frowns) That's more worrying.

The teenage hero held up the daily paper, presenting it to Citrine, who eyed it carefully. The news of the New Fubuki Group had been replaced by the most recent battle the Second Ranked S-Class Hero partook in. The young man nodded in understanding.

Citrine: I guess I'd be pretty mad too if my little sibling managed to show me up. . .

Lily: (Mumbles) Actually. . . She's not her little sister. She's her older sister.

That put things an entirely different light. . . It put everything Citrine knew about his friend under a different light. . .

A shadow had trapped The Blizzard of Hell, and she yearned to break free from its chains. . .

Citrine: . . . I'm going to go have a chat with your boss.

The Golden Warrior took off into a jog, chasing after Fubuki and leaving a hopeful Lily behind.

Lily: Despite not even knowing her for a fraction of the time we have, you've become closer to her than anyone.

If anyone can change her, it's you.

———————————————————————

The Blizzard of Hell stood before the bullet train without really thinking of where she was even going. It was on a course for City Z. . .

Fubuki: We fought monsters who threatened an entire city, and you only fought a small fry. . . And yet, the world puts you on a pedestal.

The Cold Esper let her scowl fade as the doors to the train opened and let her inside. . . She found a seat by a window and let herself relax. She traced the gentle white swirls of the clouds on the horizon, dragging her finger along the glass. Anything to distract her from reality would do just fine. . .

It wasn't long before her moments of peace were disrupted. She shrugged off the sounds of cardboard and returned her gaze to the window, unaware of her visitor. . .

S-Class Rank 16: Genos

The Blond Cyborg sat diagonally across from her, four boxes stacked beside him.

Genos: B-Class Rank 1, Blizzard of Hell: Fubuki, who founded and now leads the Blizzard Group.

The Cyborg eyed her cautiously.

Genos: She roped Saitama-sensei and Citrine into this "New Fubuki Group," and is known for bullying rookie heroes into submission. Why is she. . . here?

The Esper let her hand fall from the glass, bringing it up to her eyes and wiping away the droplets of water forming.

Genos: Having pollen allergies or something?

The boxes beside the blond began to make a ruckus, snapping Fubuki out of her trance. The cardboard ahead of her was shaking, but eventually calmed.

Fubuki: . . .?

Genos: They're crabs. Crabs for my sensei. . .

Fubuki: . . . I see. . .

She narrowed her eyes.

Fubuki: That man. . . is an S-Class Hero! He was at City J too. . .

The ringing of a telephone interrupted her thoughts. Genos whipped out his cell and answered the call.

Genos: . . . Yeah, it's me. . . What? A bomb?!

Fubuki: ?!?!?

Hero Association HQ

Alerts were displayed in every monitor, the suits all working tirelessly to investigate and assess the situation.

Bearded Worker: Yes, we received a transmission just now! The culprit, the Serial Bomber, was ousted from the A-Class Hero Rank. He's planted a bomb in a fast-moving train headed towards Z-City!

Genos: Towards City Z? Do you know the exact train?

Bearded Worker: (Cell) Yes, the limited express train that left at 2:22pm heading towards Z-City.

The Cyborg let out a minimal gasp.

Bearded Worker: (Cell) He even messed with the controls so that the train cannot be stopped. It's set to explode once it reaches the Z-City train station, causing immense destruction of the city. We have notified the citizens living around that area to evacuate, but. . .

This bomb seems to be a big one.

The Blond Cyborg threw caution to the wind, rising up and ensuring everyone knew of the situation.

Genos: Everyone, get out. There's a bomb hidden on this very train! Quickly, leave this train at once-

It was then that he remembered that the breaks were not functioning and that the train was still moving. . .

Genos: At this speed, they cannot just run off the train!

The Esper stood to meet his gaze.

Fubuki: Hey, what do you mean there's a bomb in here?!

The panic began to set in, the innocents on board scrambling to the front of the train, where the officers were doing their best to quell their worries.

Hey, what's going on?!

Let us off the train!

Do something about this, I don't want to die here! Stop this train now!

Back in the train car, the Lone Cyborg and Cold Esper were greeted by a welcome surprise. . .

B-Class Rank 1: Golden Warrior

Genos/Fubuki: Citrine?!

Citrine: (Yawns) Hello! What's up?

Fubuki: How long have you been here?!

Citrine: Me? Oh, I got on when you did!

Fubuki: (Sweatdrops)

Citrine: Anyways, what's with all the shouting. . .

The Cyborg gave him a brief rundown of the situation, his friend standing up and crossing his arms.

Citrine: A bomb, huh?

Genos: We need to get everyone out and stop the train, or we can get rid of the bomb.

Citrine: . . . (Grins) How 'bout both?! Fubuki, handle evacuating!

Fubuki: You want me to take care of the passengers?!

Citrine: First priority is the people on ground zero. Genos, I'll leave stopping the train to you. I'll look for the bomb.

Genos: Got it.

The two young heroes began to move, but Blizzard hesitated. . .

Genos: What? You can't do anything without your group or something?

Fubuki: (Flinches)

Citrine: Hey, cool it Genos. She's plenty strong.

Fubuki: Tch. . . I don't like being ordered around like this. Fine, I'll handle it. . .

The Blizzard of Hell marched to the front of the train and grabbed a random citizen with her power, the man yelping as he was thrown out of the train and gently set on the ground! The crowd all turned to the hero, a cerulean aura radiating off her. . .

Fubuki: Everyone, remain calm. I will help you all get off the train one by one. . . .

The Blond Cyborg blasted open a ceiling hatch and climbed atop the train. He soon stood before its head, his hair flowing wildly with the wind before he kicked off the train and stomped down on the tracks!

Genos: Thrusters. . .

He braced himself and let the train crash into him, it's momentum immediately driving him backwards, but he held strong and pushed with all his might! His thrusters engaged, but the train was not slowing down at all!

The Golden Warrior began his search for the bomb, beginning with the first train car and practically turning it upside down!

Citrine: Nowadays, bombs can be so freaking small that they could practically be everywhere! I won't get anywhere like this. . .

Excuse me. . .

Glancing over his shoulder, the Hopeful Boy was met with the shy and nervous gaze of a young lady.

C-Class Rank 390: Swim

Citrine: ?

Swim: Um. . . Mister . . . Do you need help looking for the bomb? I'm actually a hero too, but only C-Class. . .

Citrine: (Smiles) Get looking, we don't have much time!

Swim: Y-O-Okay!

Fubuki: Okay, you're the last one. . .

She evacuated the train conductor, letting her abilities fade as she realized that the train had not lost an ounce of velocity.

Fubuki: Tch, what's that guy doing out there? The train hasn't slowed down at all!

She ran back into the ransacked train cars and called out to Citrine and his newfound assistant.

Fubuki: Hey! Hurry up! I'm not sure how much time we have left!

Citrine ran through the third train car, frustration very clear. Luckily, his colleague had way more luck than he did.

Swim: Hey, I found the bomb!

Citrine: Wha- where?!

And soon, they found themselves in the girls restroom, standing before a stall that was packed full of dynamite, C4, and a myriad of other explosives. . .

Swim: I found it in this toilet. It was closed and no one answered when I knocked, so. . .

Citrine: Someone couldn't get a girlfriend, geez. . .

The Blond Cyborg grit his teeth as Z-City came into view. . .

Genos: They told me the train was tampered with, maybe the train's speed limit was also increased?

He was struggling to get any leeway! His eye began to run scans as he shot his thrusters into overdrive, burning through his vest and creating a massive blast of heat!

Genos: There's only forty seconds before the train reached its destination. I need to try and stop it before that. . .!

The Blizzard of Hell began to realize that neither plan was going to work with the time they had left. She needed to do something, anything. . .

Fubuki: . . . The breaks. I'll have to try and activate them myself.

The Hero arrived at the front of the train, looking past the windshield to the struggling Genos.

Fubuki: . . . (Breathes)

Blizzard summoned her psychokinesis and tightly grasped the mechanisms of the train. . .

Fubuki: You've lifted tons, this is no different. . . Can I really do it? Can I really stop the train with my power. . .?

Before she had a chance to try, a very, very, familiar presence had arrived. . . .

The young C-Class Hero gaped as she glanced out the window and saw the city fast approaching!

Swim: What do we do?! It's almost time!

Citrine: (Whispers) . . . A Demon Shield should do the trick.

He began to concentrate his Spirit Dust, bringing his hands together.

Swim: Mister?!

Citrine: Hey, quit panicking. (Smiles) I got this!

His fellow hero was mesmerized for a moment as the Golden Warrior outstretched his arms!

Citrine: Here goes, Demon Shi-

A heavy breath escaped through his mouth, an utterly overwhelming power appearing out of nowhere!

The train began to slow, the Cyborg grinning!

Genos: Alright!

Get out of my way!

Everyone inside the train, Genos too, was covered in an emerald glow, before each of them were flung out of the train! Genos, Citrine, and Swim were barreling through the sky!

The Cyborg eventually recovered, using his thrusters to fly himself onto the grounds beneath the tracks!

The C-Class Hero was screaming for dear life as she fell out of the sky, a streak of gold chasing after her! The Golden Warrior swooped in and caught her before she hit the tracks, using himself as a cushion! They slammed into the metal, sliding and flipping back before finally coming to a stop, Swim dizzily rolling off of the B-Class Hero. . .

Citrine: Ow. . . .

———————————————————————

Unlike them, the Blizzard of Hell was gently placed on the concrete beside the train tracks. The train itself was lifted into the air with relative ease. . .

Fubuki: . . . For someone to be able to move such a large object. . . (Sighs) Big sister.

S-Class Rank 2: Tornado of Terror [Tatsumaki]

The train continued to rise before its cars were folded inwards like paper, the bomb detonating high in the sky where no one would come to harm. . . The smoke and essence of the explosion suddenly pulled into one spot before being compressed out of existence.

The Tornado of Terror descended upon her little sister, condescending eyes meeting the annoyed gaze of the Blizzard of Hell.

Tatsumaki: Geez, why didn't you just run away?

Fubuki: . . .

Protecting the people is our actual purpose. . .

Those words flashed into Blizzard's mind. She realized it actually hadn't actually been that long since she'd met Citrine. . .

Fubuki: I'm a hero, too. I can't just run. . .

Tatsumaki: There were stronger heroes around.

Fubuki: I don't care. What I do, isn't your concern. . .

Tornado pursed her lips, Blizzard narrowing her eyes. An invisible battle of wills began, one that had been fought countless times before. z . and for the first time in her life. . . Fubuki won.

Tatsumaki: . . . Hmph.

The eldest of the two espers, despite what her stature may suggest, flew off into the sunset without another word. . .

Fubuki: . . . (Smiles)

She may not have stopped the bomb or stopped the train, but she did save the lives of those on board.

The Blizzard of Hell was a Hero. And no shadow could deny her that. . . .

———————————————————————

The Golden Warrior groaned as he rose to his feet, moving his shoulders in a way that would ease the pressure on his back.

Citrine: (Winces) I am definitely going to be feeling that for a few days.

The C-Class Hero recovered from her dizzy spell, and wasted no time bowing to her savior.

Swim: Th-Thank you so much for saving me just now!

Citrine: Oh, um. . . It is part of the job. There's no need to thank me.

The two began to make their way to the station, Swim awkwardly walking beside Citrine.

Swim: . . . You're that new hero, B-Class Rank 1, Golden Warrior. . . right?

Citrine: (Tilts head) ??? OH?! That's right! They gave me a title, I almost forgot! (Laughs)

Swim: I doubt I'll ever make it far enough to get a hero name of my own. . .

Citrine: (Stops) Why's that?

The girl paced a bit before realizing the young man paused. She blushed embarrassedly. . .

Swim: Well. . . I'm the lowest of the low in C-Class. (Frowns) I can't even spend one day out of my week doing these kinds of things. . .

I was thinking about quitting.

The sixteen year old suddenly brightened up, a perpetual blush forming on her cheeks.

Swim: So today, I though I should have a change and go see the ocean. And then I got caught up with the stuff on the train. . .

She smiled happily.

Swim: Even though I couldn't do much to help, and felt like I wasn't making progress as a hero. . . it was so cool seeing you and the other heroes take charge and save people!

The sun beamed down upon them as she made him a promise.

Swim: After seeing that, I've decided to keep on being a hero!

I'll do my very best to save people too. . .!

The C-Class Hero was breathing heavily, catching her breath as she realized that she kind of went off on a tangent. . .

Swim: Oh um. . . I didn't mean to rant on like that. I'm sorry for taking up your. . .

The Golden Warrior pat her on the head twice, smiling as her cheeks flushed an even deeper red.

Citrine: . . . Still want to see that ocean?

Swim: . . .

Swim: WOAAAAH?!?!?!?!?!?

The Hopeful Boy spirited her away, flying through the air while Swim held onto him from behind, smiling gleefully as she laughed with excitement!

Citrine: . . .

A single glance to the tracks below let him know he wasn't needed by the Blizzard of Hell. The powerful strides she took towards the station, and the smirk plastered over her face said enough. . .

Citrine: Hey, I just realized, you never told me your name!

Swim: It-It's Swim!

Citrine: Swim. . . Cute!

Swim: WHA-

The Golden Warrior suddenly soared into the sky, his new friend tightening her hold around his neck as she screamed with joy!

To the ocean they went. . . .

———————————————————————

Psychic power. . .

The Lone Cyborg clenched his fist and slammed his forehead into a wall.

Genos: I failed at grocery shopping. If I had psychic power, the crabs I bought would not have exploded. . . .

———————————————————————

(A/N - I was originally gonna throw in the Sonic OVA into this chapter, but it doesn't really fit with the mood so I'll save it for later.)

(Anyways, this is short one, but I enjoyed writing it. And btw, Swim is here to stay!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 10.8K 28
SaitamaxFem!Reader (I can't write gender neutral characters I'm sorry.) Probably will be spelling errors since I wrote most of this on my phone. I t...
3.8K 143 9
Everybody wants to be strong. But what happens if, one day, your wish comes true? Through a series of unforeseen events, y/n gains the strength he's...
127K 3K 28
Y/N, the son of the one punch hero Saitama, has teleported to another world after being sucked in by a mysterious portal that appeared. He ended up i...
3.8K 82 10
this is about two brothers who is gone into a journey of becoming heroes as one is already one, but no one know him or his powerful strength and his...