Astrid

By raine2021

Astrid has never stepped out her house. She didn't know that her parents hitting her wasn't right. She always... More

ASTRID
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
Author's Note
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
Author's Note
27
Characters
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
Not an Update
43
Books I'm working on
44
45
More Character Aesthetics
46
47
48
Epilogue

13

74.4K 1.8K 836
By raine2021

Today papa was taking me to meet my new therapist. No psychiatrist. Papa said a psychiatrist can prescribe medicines if I need them so we're going to a psychiatrist.

"Come on love," Papa said opening the car door. When did we reach?

Papa and I walked in and papa talked to the resciptionist. Then we went to the lift and got out at the tenth floor.

Papa knocked on a door that had some writing on it. But I can't read so I don't know what it says.

"Come in," a voice from inside said.

Papa opened the door and let me in first before coming in and closing it. I saw a man who looked to be in his  late twenties or early thirties. He had a blinding smile. "Come sit wherever you want."

I looked around a bit. The office had a couch a few chairs and bean bags, a desk with a chair behind it and a few other chairs infront of it. "Anywhere?"

"Yes! Anywhere. Where do you want to sit? My chair? That's a little uncomfortable though. Or maybe the bean bags? Or the couch? Or maybe my desk! Wherever you want."

Why is he so energetic?

I looked at papa for confirmation, he nodded. I took a seat on the couch. Papa sat down next to me and the energetic man sat in the bean bag infront of us.

"Now Astrid, this is our first session. Do you want your father to stay or go? Anything you want."

I don't want to be alone with this man. What if he starts jumping?

"Stay."

He nodded. "Mr. King, your daughter wants you to stay! So you stay."

"I heard her," papa growled.

The energetic man raised his hands in surrender and turned to me, the smile still there. "My name is Matthew Black. You can call me Matt. Everyone calls me Matt. Can I call you Astrid or do you prefer something else?"

"Astrid's fine," I mumbled.

"So Astrid how are you today?"

"I'm good thank you. How are you?"

"I'm doing fantastic. Would you like to have something? A drink or something to eat?"

"No thank you."

"Alright then. What did you have for breakfast? I had oatmeal."

Why's he asking about breakfast?

"I had egg sandwich."

"Do you like eggs?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"They have a sort of smell, I don't like it."

"Oh my god same! Then why did you have them for breakfast?"

"Adonis said it's good for health."

"And you trusted him?"

I nodded.

"Why?"

"What why?"

"Why'd you trust him? You don't even know him."

"Uh I don't know. Why would he lie?"

He nodded.

"How do you feel living with your family?"

"Good."

"That's wonderful."

This continued for a while. Him asking basic questions and me answering them.

"Alright our time's up. Mr. King may I have a word with you?"

I forgot papa was also here.

Papa talked to Matthew for a while then we left.

"So. Did you like it?" Papa asked a as we sat in the car.

"Yes, he seems nice."

"Good good," papa said clenching his hands around the steering wheel. "Do you want some ice cream?"

"Yes," I nodded.

We stopped at an ice cream parlour and I got a butterscotch ice cream. I'm in love with this ice cream flavor.

Papa didn't get any ice cream, says it's not good for him. How can it not be good for him? Maybe he doesn't like ice cream. That must be it.

"Come out sweetheart. We're home." I snapped out of my thoughts and took his hand to get out of the car.

"Hey you're back," Adonis stood at the door with two very, very big dogs, "How'd it go?"

"It went well and I thought I told you to keep those beasts out," papa hissed.

"They're not beasts. They're my pets. Look how cute they are." Adonis squealed.

While Adonis was distracted the dogs trudged up to me and sniffed me a few times before licking me.

They're so cute.

I squealed as papa screamed. "My daughter! They're trying to eat my daughter!"

"Papa look! They like me." I giggled.

Papa looked like he's going to have a heart attack. "Papa?"

"Say that again," papa whispered in disbelief.

"They like me?"

"No no before that."

"Papa?"

He looked like he's going to cry. "I've waited so long to hear that," papa said as he squeezed the life out of me while placing kisses all over my face.

The dogs growled. Maybe they think papa's trying to hurt me.

"Fang! Noris! Quiet." Adonis commanded and the dogs stopped growling.

I giggled again in papa's arms. "Can we take them inside please?"

"Who?"

"Fang and Noris!"

"Why do want to take these beasts inside?"

"Hey!"

"They're not beasts papa!"

Adonis and I exclaimed at the same time.

"See, Astrid likes them too. They're nice. Right honey?"

I nodded in reply. "Please papa."

Papa sighed. "Fine. If that's what you want."

"Thank you," I said throwing my arms around his neck and giving his cheek a little kiss. Papa smiled as I blushed.

"Come on doggies. We can play!"

"Honey they're not dogs. They're wolves."

Gasp.

"Wow."

The dogs no wolves again came near me and started sniffing and licking me. I couldn't stop my giggles. "It tickles."

"Come love lets go inside."

"Okay. Come Fang and Noris."

As the wolves made move to follow me Adonis said he had to feed them and that he'll bring them back after.

Daemon greeted us as we went in. He asked how it went and if I'd like to see Mathew again. He also gave me a phone and laptop. They're a light purple! My favorite color.

I kept them in my room and also took a bath. Soren had told me how to work the shower and set the temperature so I can use hot water. I was never allowed to use hot water when I was with momma.

Adonis called me for lunch after a while. He said papa, Daemon and Adrian went to work and the twins went out somewhere so it's only us. We had salad for lunch. It was really yummy.

After lunch I went to play with Fang and Noris. Some time later Soren and Anubis came back and we watched a movie. It was great! I think I'm in love with Pooh.

We finished two Pooh movies. That rhymes! Two pooh!

I giggled at my internal monologue.

"What's so funny?" Anubis asked.

"Nothing." Giggle.

" Come on Adrian's calling us for dinner," Soren said putting his phone back in his pocket.

______________________________________

Papa called me to his office after dinner. I'm scared.

Did I do something wrong? Is it because I asked to bring Fang and Noris in?

"Come in," Daemon called from inside as I knocked on the office door.

I went in and saw Daemon sitting on a couch at the corner. He beckoned me towards him and told me to sit. I sat next to him. I'm very scared.

"It's ok baby. You didn't do anything wrong." Daemon's soothing voice brought me out of my misery.

"Ah Astrid you're here." Papa came in.

"I just wanted to discuss your schooling. You've never been out of the house when you lived with your mother, right?"

I nodded.

"Then you mustn't have gone to school."

I shook my head.

"Then did you have any education? Like do you know the alphabets or numbers? Or maybe how to spell or write?"

I again shook my head. "I know the alphabets and I can spell a little. I can count and do addition and subtraction. That's it."

"Who taught you all that?"

"Jack." I whispered. He wasn't always like that. He used to be nice.

Daemon and papa exchanged a look and nodded.

"My darling  we're thinking of hiring a private tutor for you. They can teach you everything kids your age should know. Would you like that?"

I do want to learn. But I also want to go to school. I want to have friends like Soren and Anubis do. They told me about their friends and it sounds fun.

"Can't I go to school?"

"Love you can but you've never been outside. We don't want to overwhelm you."

"Alora, do you want to go to school?" Daemon asked softly.

I nodded.

"I'm sure we can arrange that. How about we hire the tutor so you're not behind you classmates and then after summer break's over you can go. That'll give you some time to go out as well."

"Thank you."

"You don't need to thank us love. It's our job to take care of you."

I smiled. Why wasn't I always with them?

"Now go to bed darling. It's getting late." Daemon said kissing my forehead.

"Goodnight," I mumbled shyly.

"Goodnight love. Sweet dreams." Papa kissed my forehead too.

I love it here.

______________________________________
A/N
How are you liking it so far?

Please vote and comment ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 3K 37
Francisca was only 10 years old when her mother decided to pack hers and Francisca's things and leave their home along with Fran's father and 2 olde...
1.3M 30.1K 83
Briella,17, never had a stable family set up. She was left alone by the age of 7, to fend for herself. Her father hated her, abused her for her whole...
1.8M 49.5K 50
"𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗹𝘀 𝘂𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝘀 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲...
168K 6.7K 40
she is a innocent girl who has always lived a simple happy life with her loving mother and stepfather-which she doesn't know is her stepfather. ...