Midnight Neighbor | 18+

Por akawaiiisan

♤♤ MATURE CONTENT warning ♤♤ • • • He's charming. He's handsome, hot as f*ck, talented, charismatic. People h... Más

|| summary ||
0|| Disclaimer
1|| You're like, ancient Soph
2|| Negligence
3|| Unaware
4|| Her ignorance
5|| Familiar
6|| A Shocker
7|| Disbelief
8|| It will end in tears
9|| Realization
10|| Game
11|| Olivia
12||Harrassment and Assault
13|| Fail Safe Plan
14|| Risky
15||For his Sanity
16|| Conflicted
17|| Overreaching
18|| Shameless
19|| Blessing
20|| Undercurrents
21|| A Memorable Night
22|| Only for you
23|| Drive you wild
24|| Behind The Scenes
25|| Starved
26|| Much too Impulsive
27|| Interrogation at its Finest
28|| Dangerous urges
29|| Insatiable
30|| Snake (part 1)
30|| Snake (part 2)
31|| Unease
32|| Honesty
33|| Assumptions
34|| Bad Memories
35|| Who is that Woman
36|| His Persistence
37|| Unforseen Changes
39|| Burning Curiosity
40|| Petrified
41|| Undercurrents Flow Once Again
42|| Unbelievable
43|| Oversight
44|| A Small glimpse is Enough
45|| Recklessness
46|| Show me
47|| Accidents and Confrontations
48|| Say it
49|| Exposed
50|| First Impressions Last
51|| Two Truths and a Lie
52|| Always Two Steps Ahead
53|| Silent Wars
54|| Then comes the Fall
55|| A Gift
56|| Contempt
57|| Hurt people
58|| Importance
59|| Quite the Scare
60|| Making Plans
61|| Her Dominance -Shortlived
62|| Angst
63|| Theft of Joy
64|| Uncertainties
65|| Under Pressure
66||Miranda
67|| Motherly Woes
68|| Blame
69|| Bittersweet
70|| Priorities
71|| Art of Gathering Information
72||Cater to You
73|| Keep a Secret
74|| Love so Pure
||Content With You {MN extras 1/?}
||Content With You {MN extras 2/?}
|| Her neighbor {MN extra 1/?}

38|| Banter

10.5K 388 225
Por akawaiiisan

Unedited~
• • •

"You are absolutely beautiful, Sophia. I always feel rewarded whenever I get the opportunity to work with you."

Sophia coughed discreetly in reply, nodding to the woman who've been gushing like this for the past five minutes. "Ah..It's okay Donnét, no need to..."

"But there is a need," the woman continued in her heavily accented English. Completely ignoring Sophia, "-with you, my work and designs are able to come alive and it fills me with....with," Donnét snapped her fingers, as if trying to remember a certain word.

"Happiness," one of her assistants tried to help out.

"-elation, Satisfaction-!" The other two quickly chipped in.

"Ah yes, not quite the word I had in mind but it's most definitely the closest, -elation, fills me with satisfaction and elation."

Sophia inhaled deeply to hide her laugh at the way Donnét quite literally butchered both of those words in her pronunciations and went back to eyeing herself in the mirror. The woman that looked back at her was a bit similar her but more on the highly glamorous side.

It was finally the day. The day she tried not to worry about but only worried about it because she thought too much. It was simply criminal how fast a week could fly by. Sophia felt victimized, it was as if the time ran off this quickly only out of spite.

It gave her a sense of deja vu, the last time she remembered being in a scene like this, she was later taken to a date and the next morning she couldn't feel her legs very well for some minutes.

Fun times...

She peered at herself. Donnét's ability to make a simple formal dress into something that was also so form-fitting and glamorous- looking was a skill that should be studied.

Sophia liked it. Although at first she struggled with the idea of going nearly bare in the chest area underneath.

The black dress went off her shoulder, felt amazingly soft and tight around her breasts allowing only a peek of cleavage. It hugged her body and only had one slit that revealed her leg and went up to mid thigh when she walked. Her hair was back into her favorite fluffy butterfly locs and this time, she opted from them to be left just inches below shoulder length, framing her face.

She had to admit...right now she look kinda amazing. And the shoes were better and mode comfortable than anything she had collecting dust in her closet but alas, the true focus of Sophia's eyes was the thing on her neck. Simple but loud and most definitely very expensive. To protect her sanity Sophia preferred not to think about these 'things' in detail. So what if Elijah could make diamond studded earrings and necklaces that cost more that someone's yearly salary appear out of nowhere.

Like last time, Sophia ignored the weight and didn't even bother thinking about the price. She had a feeling it would only offend him if she tried to take it off. Still.. as amazing as this dress looked, Sophia knew it was only supposed to be for the event. She almost vaporized into thin air after being told she was going have to change once more to attend the Charity afterparty.

Life was not easy. In fact, it was becoming quite stress inducing.

Were rich people always like this? Sophia thought it was unnecessary to change and in return, Donnét drilled into her head how essential it was.

In the end, Sophia gave up.

Donnét, after walking around and getting another eyeful, nodded to herself and clapped her hand. In only minutes her assistants cleared away the remaining stuff at her feet and left.

Sophia however, was not completely alone after they dissapeared through the door.

Sophia looked ahead for a few more seconds then begrudgingly turned and looked towards the other side of the room. Sure enough, on one of the sofa in that area, Elijah sat in complete silence and his eyes never left her. The tiny smirk on his lips never left either.

Sophia didn't have it in her to say anything and only sighed.

That man had been in here ever since she got dressed came in from the adjoining room. Sophia had no idea he was already waiting inside and nearly jumped out of her skin after spotting him.

Although she managed to calm herself at last minute, the others she came with weren't as discreet.

Elijah made it very clear he was doing something very important so he needed to sit, his laptop was out and open back then but right now, it was nowhere to be found.

Sophia didn't believe a word of it and with good reason. She blew out a heavy breath and walked over to him, to where he sat. As she got closer, the heavier his stare became and it only made goosebumps erupt on her skin.

Elijah looked more stylish and handsome than ever. With his hair swept back, suited in nothing but black...and even his undershirt was a lighter shade of black. The only color he had on him were simple streaks of gold accents on his vest underneath, golden tie clip and and golded cufflinks. Those accents were smal details that could be missed if one didn't look hard enough.

Simple, formal, and he wore it amazingly.

It really wasn't fair how easily she got exited around him.

Sophia bit down on the inside of her cheek to not smile like an idiot and when she finally got to her destination, Elijah, like the gentleman he was, got up and immediately wrapped his arms around her as if he'd been waiting long enough.

Sophia made to step back but was caught and her hands hit his chest as he reeled her in. "Suddenly, arriving early to that event is no longer the more important thing on my agenda for today," he murmured, leaning down to brush his lips lightly against hers.

Sophia momentarily paused, allowing him to do so then hiding her small disappointment at how quick it ended. She reached up, pushing a few unruly locks of his hair back into place. "Behave," Sophia huffed, feeling the need to hide the fact that she felt the same but was choosing to be the mature one.

"I can't Sophia," his hand ran down her waist, "Not when you're like this."

Sophia couldn't hide her smile anymore, "Like what?" She murmured, taking his hand before it went further down.

"Amazing, Sophia, you look amazing," he smiled then it immediately fell as he began thinking about something distractedly, "But you'll need a coat..."

Sophia frowned, "A coat? Why- will it be cold?"

Elijah lightly shook his head, "No...not really."

"Then why?"

She stared at Elijah in question and he stared back at her with no intention to truly answer. If Sophia found out he was worrying about other eyes that was not his own gawking at her. What on earth would she think?

Elijah's lips remained sealed and after a while, Sophia rolled her eyes and much to his disappointment, rejected him on that front. Sophia sighed and pressed her lips on his once more after noticing how dim his eyes got. All that dissapeared after she kissed him and it made her laugh, "You're so cute-"

Elijah grabbed her hand running down his chest and cut her off before she could finish, "I am not 'cute' Sophia."

"Yeah, you're right, you're very adorable."

"Sophia," he smiled and called her name and Sophia immediately picked up the slight warning tone hidden within. It made her stomach flutter.

"Such a darling," She continued.

Sophia then yelped as his hand that she grabbed before, escaped from hers. Seconds later she was being held on her tip toes and Elijah's lips were pressed to her neck, kissing her softly where she was most sensitive.

Her hands tightened around his neck as she gasped, "Wait no, you'll leave a-"

"Will I?" She heard him murmer against her skin and she almost melted into a puddle then and there. The fluttering in her chest intensified.

"You-"

"I think it'll look real cute on your skin though," he cut her off and before Sophia could respond, her eyes widened and her mouth fell open as he gently bit her there. Her breath almost got stuck in her throat.

Not longer than a few minute later he let up after Sophia gave up and went into great detail about how 'not cute' he was. Elijah looked as if he wanted to laughter at how quick she folded but Sophia's glare kept him from doing so.

In the end, she simply gave up on trying to tease him. That in itself was a war she knew she wouldn't be able to win right now.

Maybe one day...

Elijah took her hand, intertwining their fingers with that irritating smile still on his face. "Anything else you want to add?" He asked just as his hand went lower, making Sophia jump.

She immediately slapped it away, glaring at him with her other hand still on her neck, "Opportunist."

"Feel free to continue," he laughed and, much to no ones surprise, his hand that she slapped away went right back to where it was before, "I'd love to hear the thoughts flying around in that pretty head of yours."

Sophia only stared up at him before suddenly smiling, "I only think you're not been very gentlemanly right now."

"How so?" his hand came up to her chin, tilting her head slightly upwards. Sophia released her neck as she noticed him staring there, "-It may not seem so at first but I do know when to be and when not to be."

He leaned down, "And another truth to be told, Sophia, is that I'm being very gentlemanly right now," with a smile his hand gripped her ass through the soft fabric of her dress more tightly, tugging her forward and eliminating the silver of space remaining in between their bodies. "-If I wasn't, that dress you're wearing right now would already be gone."

Sophia could only gulp. When he spoke like that, she'd be crazy to think he didn't mean every single word.

"Y-you play too much," Sophia brushed him off and quickly went to step back. She felt a sense or foreboding and her voice did not come out as firm as she wanted it to. Sophia could only remain levelheaded for so long before being swayed by him and now was one of those times.

A small part of her knew if he got his way right now, she'd show up disheveled and flustered to that darn
Event.

"Who said I was playing?" Elijah chuckled and went to kiss her again before she could put a little distance between them. For some reason, Sophia thought it'd be a chaste one like the last few times so she allowed him to only for her eyes to widen then promptly slip shut as his tongue slid inside her mouth.

"A-ah Eli..." her voice was a soft groan against his lips. Elijah, the man in question, ignored her voice as if she hadn't spoken and continued his torment as if he had all the time in the world.

He stole her breath away, quite literally, and her sense only came back when Sophia remembered the lipstick that Donnét had painstakingly applied to her lips.

Sophia immediately closed her mouth when the small chance presented itself and broke their kiss. Her brain felt like it was floating but Sophia immediately grabbed it and parked it back into its correct spot, gaining back some of her rationality.

"Y-you'll get lipstick on you!" Sophia hissed out, grabbing the hands that held her.

Elijah's gaze was still on her lips and it took a good few seconds for him to tear his eyes away, "...A problem?"

Sophia narrowed her eyes, "Let me rephrase, you'll ruin my lipstick."

Elijah brushed it off as if it was unimportant news, "That's fine, you don't need it anyway."

He kept one hand on the small of her back and the other just below her chin. Sophia felt as if he had already forgotten just what the rest of the day entailed and was ready to throw caution to the wind.

Was it the dress? 

Sophia wanted nothing more than to also kiss him until the day ended but even she couldn't push the nagging issues of the event and afterparty to the side. In these situations someone had to be mature.

"Why are you even here?" Sophia opted to quickly change the topic, dodging him as he tried to kiss her again. She feared she'd collapse and succumb to him the next time around.

"Because I want to be...?"

Sophia felt warmth bloom inside her chest and tried not to smile, "I asked you the same question an hour ago and your answer was different," she pointed out.

When she came here not too long ago and was shocked at him already sitting, he said he had some things to look over and this room was the 'first one he coincidentally came across'.

"I was kidding that time."

"I thought you didn't have the habit of making jokes?" Sophia tilted her head to the side.

"For you I might," was his immediate reply.

Sophia would've choked on air if she hadn't started to build some immunity to these little jabs of his.

"Elijah," she called out warningly.

"You know I won't be escorting you to that Event Sophia, I wanted to see you before I go."

Sophia nodded slowly, "...Right."

"I'd love to escort you there however, there's a meeting to be held before the opening. Then a lot to follow thereafter," he sighed, "-unfortunately I will hardly have a minute to myself."

"Its good," she mumbled begrudgingly, averting her eyes, "you always seem to have too much free time for one man."

• • •

True to his words, Elijah kissed her one last time before excusing himself and Sophia was brought to a car and driven to a building with high dome shaped ceilings that was not too far from the Osoro main building.

Beside her was Donnét who'd gotten herself dressed at record speed and opted to go along with Sophia under Elijah's watchful stare.

Sophia's eyes were wide as she stared at the scene through the windows and as they got closer Sophia gaze turned into disbelief. There was a long line of cars moving at average flow speed towards the venue, when one car stopped, someone left it and was promptly blinded by flashes before being ushered along towards the entrance.

Sophia could hardly understand it.

Wasn't this supposed to be an 'event' of some sorts? Why did it seem like some obscure celebrity meet?

She turned to Donnét, the questioning look in her eyes never leaving.

Donnet quickly started explaining, "It wasn't like this years ago, I guess as the years passed the more high profile it became while still keeping hold of it's original purpose. And don't t worry about the paparazzi, they're only here to catch a glimpse of a few select celebrities that attend here, they always leave after that."

"Mr Osoro can draw quite the crowd," she smiled while continuing, "And I guess you could call this event quite a bore but no one really cares when there's such a huge opportunity to network."

Sophia nodded, "Its quite a...lot to take in."

Donnet only smiled, "I know it would be, just try not to get separated and I'll lead you to where you're reserved."

Sophia nodded was relieved she didn't have to walk and try to find her way by herself and thanked Donnet heartily.

••

Meanwhile, deep inside the building. For one specific person it could only be described as chaotic.

Jiho was seconds away from pulling out his hair.

Unfortunately, he was once again stuck with organizational duties that needed most of his attention. But, that wasn't the real reason why he wanted to pull out his hair even though it contributed.

He was in a tiny area he claimed as his office but unfortunately, he was not alone to work in peace. His head snapped to his side towards the smaller face that was head deep into peeking at his work, a devilish smile on her lips.

More than once she had plucked out a page, surveyed it as if she understood the words then put it back, right on top of whatever he was focusing on.

The girl seemed innocent, and looked as pure as a saint in her white dress and gloves. Her smile was radiant and she took mostly off her mother who's presence could make someone feel both comfort and dread at first glance.

A saint she appeared to be now but. Jiho knew she was everything but.

She was Amelia, his younger sister who had somehow found him using her innate spider senses and instinct for trouble then went on to take up residence inside his space.

Sometimes, Jiho truly wished he was appart of those fantasies where he was the doting big brother and both his little sisters were the adorable princesses that brought happiness wherever they went.  

He truly wished for this but in reality, his sisters were little spawns of satan that took mirth out of his misery.

Of course, his youngest sister Ava, short for Evangeline, was a darling when she was growing up, she was however, now swayed by Amelia and turned to a life of crime and violence instead.

It was a saddening fate for Jiho to witness.

When the girl beside him did that same annoying click with her tongue then placed a new sheet of paper over his clipboard, Jiho finally snapped, exasperated. "Amelia, don't you have better things to do?"

"Nope," she shook her head, "Plus it's so crowded and noisy out there, do you want me to get stomped to death?"

"Not my fault you're short," Jiho coughed and went back to his task, pressing the device in his ear to listen for calls.

Amelia only looked down at herself, then frowned deeply. She was indeed short, standing at barely 5 feet while almost being 17 years of age. Her eyes then shot back to Jiho with liquid fire swirling in them, "Well it's not my fault you're poor and suffering now, and also not my fault you'll miss everything like last year."

Jiho only mocked her with a roll of his eyes then got up, files in hand and began to walk towards the door. "I chose this life."

"Hey-!" He heard her yell and heard tiny foot falls rushing behind him, Jiho wanted to laugh.

"Sorry, I don't associate with dwarfs."

He heard her curse and hid the grin on his face, "Language, young lady, or do I have to tell Mom and Dad about your behavior."

Jiho suddenly paused and turned to her without waiting for her fiery response, "Where are they by the way? And where's Ava?"

Amelia's face was getting red but in the end, she answered, "Something came up, only Dad's here right now, Mom's planning to show up later at the afterparty"

Jiho released a relieved breath. He was now thankful he had grunt work duty. The last thing he needed was to be babied and scolded for some obscure reason in front of an entire venue he organized.

But still... "Where's dad now?"

"He went to join a meeting, I don't know where he is."

Jiho only knew about one meeting that happened before the event official opening. Suddenly he pitied the other men and women attending that meeting. Surely facing two Osoro would be more gut wrenching than one.

Jiho thought for some moments before having a sudden idea. He remembered a very fine detail and a small smile began forming on his lips as he faced Amelia.

If he remembered correctly...wasn't Amelia also indirectly apart of that bet he made with his cousins.

Jiho realized that maybe being stuck with grunt work for the night wasn't as appealing as he thought it'd be. Plus...surely his mother will be too preoccupied with other things to even catch a glimpse at him.

Jiho quickly pressed on the device in his ear and spoke a few words. Minutes later, a woman rushed towards him out of nowhere, coming from around the bend. She was the original lead organizer, it wouldn't be a stretch to say Jiho took over almost all of her duties without realizing.

Jiho knew he'd get into potential trouble by shirking his duties but...if it was only for one night. What could possibly go wrong.

He spoke with her under Amelia's confused stare and handed her the files, "If there's an emergency, you know how to contact me." She nodded firmly then hurried away.

After all was done, Jiho turned to an unsuspecting Amelia and took her hand, "I've heard your cry for help, since dad abandoned you to the trenches, I'll be your escort for tonight."

Amelia only stared at him suspiciously, "I have a bad feeling-"

"Don't you always?" He laughed and led her away. Moments later, they left the muted hallways and entered into the main hall, leading to the wide grand area with high ceilings and pillars. It could comfortably accommodate a lot of people and was the place that was chosen yearly for this event.

Each area were divided into sections to maintain some form of uniformity with attendees originally from Osoro.co but for people that were unaffiliated with Osoro and came from other various organizations, they milled about in many random areas and moved around from one place to the next. It was a bit noisy but the noise remained at ab acceptable level. Everyone stood in groups and duos, many drink waiters made their rounds and in designated spots were many tables with small bites and drinks of any kind being offered. There were wide doors leading to the open garden area outside where the sun was bright and some people who preferred that went towards that direction.

It was evident why people would prefer the charity afterparty rather than the event and simply waited it out because there was a lot more filtering upon entry and far fewer attendees. Still, for every 5 people attending the event there was at least one with a huge background and for this reason, the event certainly did not loose out to the afterparty on popularity.

Light music from the small orchestra on the wide low laying stage filtered through the speakers and filled the venue with an ambient vibe and the floors were shined so well that Jiho could glimpse his reflection in them. Many people sat in the chairs provided but some chose to stand. In a way, this event specificallt was more for the employees, over 50% of the attendance were already affiliated with Osoro.co.

Jiho breathed a sigh. Feeling satisfied that his, and many others, hard work didn't go to waste. He checked his watch and saw there was still 30 minutes remaining before the official opening of the event then smiled.

Relying on his memory alone, he kept his sister close and had one destination in mind, only for them to be stopped after taking their first few steps into the venue.

Jiho bit down on his cheek to mask his irritation at the man that stopped them. "What a pleasant surprise," the man began, "I surely wasn't expecting to see you both here in attendance."

The man with a name Jiho couldn't recall at the moment, with his hands around a woman's waist smiled amicably at Jiho. Alternating his gaze inbetween both siblings.

Amelia frowned, "Who are you supposed to be?"

If he was offended by her snappy tone, he certainly did not say or show it, "A business associate, of Osoro.c-"

"Big brother has many of those," she pointed out, "And you're disturbing us-"

"I apologize for my sister's harsh words,"  Jiho cut her off before she could go further.

The man only waved him off, "I understand, and never mind about that, there's this issue that began not too long ago and I have been trying to reach main office to discuss it in great detail..."

"Have a representative visit the lobby after today, I'll make sure to be on the lookout for them."

"I'll appreciate it," the man smiled and after exchange some more pleasantries, be left.

Jiho sighed and looked towards his sister, "Filter your words please."

Amelia only rolled her eyes.

Their walk continued for longer than Jiho imagined, mostly because of the men and women that appeared out of nowhere to stop them, similar to before. By the time Jiho got to where he wanted to, Amelia's expression was dark.

"This is not fun."

"Yeah I know, that's why I brought you."

Jiho avoided her glare and continued,  "-We'll stay here a while," he smiled. Amelia looked as if she was ready to complain but quieted down after noticing they were closer to the raised podium.

She remembered last year that Elijah never strayed too far from here and it was mainly executives that were located in this area. She decided to resign to her fate but not before harshly tugging her hand from Jiho's.

"If you wanted to get here we could've just taken the hallways instead of going through the crowd, idiot." She muttered.

Jiho however, kept his eyes in one place. Unbeknownst to Amelia, the podium wasn't his true goal. His true goal was the woman who's seating was conveniently placed in this area. It was Sophia Smith and she sat, quietly laughing and talking with a woman and a man seated near her.

Jiho knew this was going to be the best place to be for now. He looked back to the podium and smiled. Elijah would soon come near her and he was planning to enjoy watching those two to the fullest.

Chuckling to himself, Jiho began looking around aimlessly only to pause in his tracks as he noticed something else. His smile faded away and his eyes dimmed.

Through the small walkway between people and chairs two siblings made their way through the gaps and walked in a straight line towards an empty reserved area. Jiho immediately noticed it was not too far from where Sophia's little 'group' were seated.

Thier destination was literally only a few feet away. Jiho watched them and then his eyes began going from Sophia then back to them. He checked his memory but couldn't couldn't remember seeing anything that stated that they would be here. Just when on earth did they reserve a seat?

Jiho sucked in a breath and immediately took a step to the side, ducking away from eyes that started to scan the area. Marcelo, while looking around, pulled back a seat for his sister, Olivia to sit and remained standing, simply looking around.

Jiho wanted to curse. Surely Marcelo wasn't looking for him!

And not only that... Jiho eyes alternated between Olivia who sat for some seconds before later being joined by her friends then his eyes went to Sophia who was literally a walking distance away, blissfully unaware while speaking with her own co workers/friends.

Jiho suddenly felt as if the upcoming drama for the night had multiplied by a few tens.

"What are you looking at?" He heard a voice, he looked down to see Amelia going on her tip toes, trying to look over heads and catch a glimpse of whatever he was seeing.

"Uh...it's nothing," he coughed. Somehow his eyes went back to Marcelo. Two other people had appeared at Marcelo's side and they looked as if they were discussing something serious. Jiho narrowed his eyes, trying to read their lips.

He wasn't successful.

"Amelia, why don't you tell me more about your language training for the time being?" He spoke distractedly, still staring fixedly at Marcelo. He was more curious about them. And he remembered that man Marcelo spoke to from somewhere. That memory however, was hazy.

As if sensing the burning gaze on himself, Marcelo immediately looked up and his eyes suddenly locked with Jiho's. His mouth snapped shut and he stopped talking immediately, a few seconds passed with them simply staring at the other before he suddenly started smiling.

Jiho's eyes went wide, hs caught the meaning behind that smile. Dont you dare! He tried to telepathically yell at Marcelo but it unfortunately did not work. After leaning down and murmuring some words to Olivia, Marcelo left her and began making his way over, leaving his company in a blink.

Those same people looked surprised for a second but after sharing a look, they followed along.

Jiho could only bite down on his cheek. Don't come over here! He tried to mentally yell to Marcelo once more but unfortunately, it did not work. Jiho heaved a sigh and looked down to Amelia who now had her hand around his for some reason as she looked around.

"There goes my escape," Jiho muttered to himself just as Marcelo got close and invaded their already small space.

"Jiho," Marcelo smiled as he walked over, "You're here?"

"As you can see," Jiho muttered, his voice was almost drown out by the hushed voices and noise around them.

"Marcel," Amelia immediately perked up, "You're still living?"

Marcelo paused for a second then laughed it off, "Indeed I am, still alive and kicking."

"Glad to hear it," Amelia smiled without humor, "Its been years since you last came over, thought you died."

Marcelo laughed then looked solemn, "I'm a busy man Amelia."

She rolled her eyes, "My big brothers are busier yet they still makes it home for the Christmas dinner every year."

"Aw," Marcelo laughed, "Your mad at me? He's your brother and family so its different," Marcelo laughed.  "Plus if your big brother wasn't doing so your mother would've already found him and...well...you know how scary your mother can get," he scratched the back of his head.

Amelia only huffed. "Excuses, dont be surprised if Ava forgot you already."

"I'll be real offended if she did" he laughed, "-and you," he turned back to Jiho.

"-I thought you'd be too swamped up in work like last year to to even think about coming here," Marcelo pressed again, raising an eyebrow skeptically.

Jiho held on to Amelia a bit firmer. In truth, some days before, Jiho left Marcelo in the dead on the night after their prolonged 'stress relief' session and he was 'unintentionally' avoiding Marcelo's calls. Jiho had no idea why the man asked him to attend together and with the reasoning of 'being too busy', Jiho declined him.

Just by looking into Marcelo's eyes, Jiho knew he'd pay for that, somehow.

That couldn't understand, what happened to being secret fuckbuddies? Emphasis on the secret.

"Nothing is set in stone," Jiho smiled a bit crookedly and the tiniest of smiles also graced Marcelo's lips.

"I see."

"I hope I'm not intruding," both of them turned towards a new voice that joined their circle. It was the man and woman from before that was speaking with Marcelo from before.

Jiho stared at them a bit oddly. Then at their joined hands.

Couples?

The man was thin and only some inches taller than Jiho, his skinnyness however, made him seem taller. His age was showing in his swept back short hair and his face looked set in a permanent frown. and the woman at his side looked like a model that had walked right off the runway, in a dress that only further accentuated her form and figure.

Jiho alternated gazes between her and the man. Before planting a small smile on his face.

He wasn't the type to judge.

Well maybe he was a few years ago but now he was a new man. Amelia on the other hand, wasn't so polite, in fact. She stared at the two with dull, lifeless fish eyes. To her, they were just like the people who had stopped her and her brother a million times as they made their way through the crowd.

"Well...Aren't you going to introduce us?" The lanky man raised a thick eyebrow and Marcelo for some reason, got rigid as stone.

Jiho however, felt like he recognized this man. His memory was really hazy though so the man only seemed familiar.

"Right, Jiho, this is an...associate of mine, Issac Anderson-" Marcelo began but was soon cut off by another voice.

"And I'm Seinna Marques," The woman held by Isaac smiled sweetly, "I'm very honored to meet the second and third oldest of the main Osoro family and you..." she looked towards Amelia who's face hadn't changed from stone, "You are even prettier in person."

Amelia's eyebrows went upwards then after a few seconds of staring at Seinna, a small smile made it's way on her face, "I am, arent I."

Jiho wanted to sigh, better yet he wanted to pinch the little conceited creature called Amelia. Nothing truly changed with his little sister. From toddler ages she was absolutely weak to compliments and gratification of any kind. Wherever she went she got them too which made her a little arrogant in Jihos eyes.

That's why Jiho made it his duty to do the opposite and tease her until she ran after him with garden stones, as a good older brother should. She hadn't changed yes and her height was still a sore spot for her. Even Ava was already inches taller and she wasn't even thirteen years old yet.

Jiho stared that the woman who smiled and continued to praise Amelia. He was having quite a hard time figuring out whether she was being genuine or if she had done her research on them.

Jiho brushed it off and looked back towards the man.

Isaac. Where had he seen this man before.

Jiho wanted to refresh his memory and made to have a small conversation with him only to pause when the entire place began going deadly silent, like a wave passing through the crowd.

Jiho was confused at first. In such a huge venue with many attendees both on the inside and out, making everyone go silent would not be an easy feat.

Jiho turned towards the podium, following Amelia's tugging and after seeing the reason. Jiho understood immediately.

It was finally time for the event to officially open.

• • •

Hope everyone's having a good day♡. Ik my update schedule is pretty messed up but I'm slowly finding a way to balance it out like before, so pls be patient.

Thanks for reading and remember to vote comment and share if and in any way you can♡♡

I'll be seeing y'all next chapter

Nessa~

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4.1K 48 9
Hendry Arnaud Camden came from a long line of wealth. Hendry was groomed to be one of the successors of his family's wealth. With all the strict rule...
40.7K 2.5K 50
[Complete] A NEW enemies to lovers, office romance. 🔥 Rated R for mature sexual content and graphic language • 18+ *** Two rivaling company presiden...
20.5K 752 19
Sophia Lucas Chandler-rich as sin and completely unattainable.A nightmare for the press. It's my job to clean up his image. I love a challenge.Small...
14M 369K 22
WARNING!!! MATURE content inside for 18 years old and above! If you're an INNOCENT or NOT AN OPEN-MINDED reader, please refrain from reading this sto...