Exhale, Outer Banks [ 1 ]

By maybankwalker

[ outer banks -- seasons 1-2 ] Cordelia Maybank Series: Exhale Nothing to Lose I DO NOT own Outer Banks, any... More

000. cast
001. SHIPWRECK
002. KEGGER
003. THE COMPASS
004. SQUARE GROUPERS
005. REDFIELD
006. DRONE STEALING
007. GROCERY DELIVERIES
008. MOVIE NIGHT
009. AFTERMATH
010. MIDSUMMERS
011. TANNYHILL
012. OLD CRAIN HOUSE
013. RECONCILING DIFFERENCES
014. FINDING GOLD
015. STEALING FROM A DRUG DEALER
016. STUTTER MOUTH
017. JOINTS AND APOLOGIES
018. POSSIBLE FRIENDSHIP AND MORE APOLOGIES
019. LITTLE WEED NEVER HURT
020. WANTED
021. THE PHANTOM
022. THEY'RE GONE
023. GRIEF
024. UNKNOWN TEXT
025. THE PLAN
026. SEWER LIFE
027. LETTERS AND CAR TROUBLES
028. CHARLESTON
029. REUNION CUT SHORT
030. REVEALED SECRET
031. CAUGHT
032. STUPIDEST PLAN EVER
034. FREE MAN
035. GOODBYE KING OF THE KOOKS
036. BONFIRE
037. SHAGGY AND SCOOBY
038. THE FOOT OF THE ANGEL
039. PATERNAL COMPLICATIONS
040. THE CROSS
041. ROCKET UP HIS ASS
042. STUPID IDEA
043. ROUND THREE (OR SOMETHING)
044. STOWAWAYS
045. ESCAPE PLAN
046. POGUELANDIA
Book Two

033. WRONG CAMERON

1.9K 32 5
By maybankwalker

Sarah and Cordelia get to Deach's Point around 10PM, getting on one of the boats to try to find Wheezie.

"Wheezie?" Sarah calls. "Come on, Wheeze." She mumbles after not getting an answer.

"Maybe she's just late. Would she text you if she couldn't get away?" Cordelia asks.

"She definitely would've texted." Sarah says.

"Unless they took her phone away." Cordelia argues.

They hear something and start going in the direction it came from.

"Is that you?" Sarah asks, hope and a building excitement in her voice. "Wheeze?" They pass all the stuff on the boat only to find Rafe.

"You're fucking joking." Cordelia whispers to herself.

"Nah, not Wheezie." Rafe says.

"Where the hell is Wheezie?" Sarah asks. She grabs onto Cordelia's hand and pushes her back a bit.

"Don't worry about it." Rafe says. "Listen-- whoa." he says, walking closer to them as they back up a bit. "It's all good. I... I just... I just... I needed to talk to you, like, a little bit. I mean, is that okay? Privately?"

"Don't come near me." Sarah orders as Rafe starts to walk closer, but stops at her outstretched hand. "And she is not going anywhere."

"Cause-- cause what you do, Sarah, affects me, okay?" Rafe says. "You don't... you don't think of that, do you?"

"You shot me, Rafe." Sarah reminds.

"That's it, right? It's... it's always my fault, right?" Rafe says.

"Ve-Very much so, y-yeah. I-I mean, unless somebody ma-made you pull the trigger. Again." Cordelia remarks. Rafe glares at her.

"Stay out of it, stutter mouth." Rafe warns, the younger girl glaring right back at him. He turns back to his sister. "But, it's always my fault? Like, uh... you know, I... I wanna keep what's mine, that I got by my work, and I'm the bad guy for trying to... to hold on to it?"

"It's not yours." Sarah says.

"Yo-You didn't d-do shit." Cordelia says.

"Like I'm wrong to protect what's mine, huh?" Rafe asks loudly. He seems to recollect himself -- or pretend to, anyway. "Listen to me, okay?" He says softly. "the cops are going to talk to you, and... and I need to make sure the story's straight because--"

"You killed Peterkin. My story's straight." Sarah tells him.

Rafe shakes his head lightly, rolling his eyes.

"Listen to me, this would go so much better for you if you would just--"

"Who are you trying to protect here? Huh?" Rafe asks.

"I'm trying to do the right thing." Sarah says quietly.

"You're trying to do the right thing?"

"I can't-- you're-- you're--"

"You doing the right thing-- no, you're not listening to me. You doing the right thing is the reason that you got shot. Because you were following John B."

"John B might get the death penalty because of you!"

"That! That right there. That's... that's exactly what I'm talking about, Sarah. You know?" Rafe sits down. "You've always been against me."

"No I haven't." Sarah softly objects, shaking her head. Cordelia tightens her grip on the girl's hand who holds onto her hand tighter as well.

"Don't shake your head." Rafe orders. "And you still are. No, no, no, no. You're not just against me. You're... you're against us. We're your family, and you're against us. You know, dad always takes your side, right? Cause you're gonna cry in front of him like you cried in front of me. But you listen to me. I'm a proactive type of person, Sarah. And we have a problem, and I gotta solve that problem tonight. Do you understand?"

"Do you understand?" He yells.

Sarah pushes Cordelia forward, the two immediately running away.

"Whoa, whoa, Sarah! Where you going, Sarah?" Rafe asks, running after them.

"Go, go, go." Sarah quietly urges the younger pogue. The girls keep their hands clasped with each other's as they try to get away.

Rafe catches up and grabs Sarah, her hand getting ripped away from Cordelia.

"No, Rafe, stop!" Sarah gasps as Rafe throws her against a large bucket of water. "Rafe, Rafe, stop."

Cordelia kicks Rafe and punches him, attempting to get him off of Sarah. Rafe quickly lets go of Sarah and grabs Cordelia, throwing her over the boat.

"Delia!" Sarah worriedly calls, but before she can even try to look over the edge of the boat, Rafe is back to pinning her against the bucket.

Cordelia swims up and comes above water, coughing as it got in her mouth. Cordelia quickly swims to the closest place she's able to climb on. She lifts herself onto the end of the boat, using all the strength she has.

"You brought this on yourself, Sarah! This is on you. You understand?" She hears Rafe yell before he dunks her back underwater. Cordelia grabs a piece of wood and quickly limps over to them.

"Get the fuck off her!" Cordelia screams, hitting Rafe in the back. Rafe lets go of Sarah, who was out of the water at the time, and Sarah manages to catch herself before she falls back underwater. Cordelia continues to hit Rafe with the piece of wood, getting him wherever she can.

Rafe sees her swollen ankle and when he gets the opportunity he kicks it. Cordelia cries out in pain, dropping the board as her hands go to her ankle, the girl letting out groans of pain.

"Keep your nose out of other people's business, stutter mouth." Rafe growls. He grabs a handful of her hair and then slams her head into a post, knocking the younger girl out.

"Delia!" Sarah yells, watching the younger girl fall to the ground. Rafe makes his way back over, quickly dunking his sister back underwater.

"This is what you get, Sarah. This is what you get." Rafe says as he continues to hold her underwater. Rafe continues to drown her until he's hit over the head.

"Sarah!" Topper calls out. He lifts her out of the water, the Cameron girl immediately gasping for air and choking. "Are you okay? Are you okay?" He goes to Rafe and starts hitting him.

Sarah coughs for air and her eyes fall on Cordelia. She quickly goes over to the unconscious girl, pushing her wet hair back to inspect the blood on her forehead.

"Delia? Delia?" Sarah quietly calls, still coughing and gasping for air. "Come on, wake up."

"Sarah." She feels a hand on her back and turns to see Topper. "Hey, Sarah. Are you okay? Can you breathe?"

Sarah doesn't answer, but hugs Topper who tightly hugs her back. After staying like that for a few minutes, Sarah pulls away, her attention turning back to Cordelia.

"She... she won't wake up." Sarah mutters.

"How long has she been knocked out?" Topper asks.

"I don't... no more than 10 or so minutes, I guess." Sarah says.

"I'm sure she'll be fine." Topper says.

"I'm not leaving her." Sarah states as firmly as she can. She knows Topper isn't incredibly fond of the pogues. If he doesn't help Cordelia, she isn't going anywhere with him.

"Yeah. Yeah, I know. Okay. We'll take her with us." Topper assures.

+++

When Cordelia wakes up she realizes she's on a boat.

"What the--" She starts.

"Delia." Sarah sighs in relief. She quickly reaches over and pulls the younger girl into a hug.

"Oh. Hi." Cordelia hugs her back. She looks around and finds Topper driving the boat. "Uh... that's new."

Sarah pulls back and inspects the Band-Aid they put on Cordelia's head and sees it's still intact.

"Are you okay?" Sarah asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. Are-Are you? You... you went through a lot more than I did." Cordelia says.

"I'll be okay." Sarah tries to assure, though her voice is shaky.

"Okay... now am I delusional or... is Topper Thornton driving this boat? With me on it?" Cordelia whispers.

"I wouldn't just leave you there." Sarah says.

"Thanks." Cordelia manages a small smile. "I have a massive headache."

"You could have a concussion." Topper speaks up.

"Right. Yeah. Cool." Cordelia mutters, still weirded out about him helping her, even if it was on account of Sarah.

+++

JJ, Kie, and Pope are in the shack at the chateau. Kie is sitting on a chair and playing random notes on the ukulele, JJ is waxing his surfboard, and Pope is fiddling around with random stuff.

"That's a lot of wax on your board, man. You put too much wax on there it's gonna be slippery." Pope tells the blonde.

"Are you telling me how to wax my board, Pope?" JJ asks.

"No, I was just saying that's a lot of wax, man." Pope says.

"no, no, no. You're telling me how to wax my board. Are you kidding me?" JJ asks.

"I'm just saying that's a colossal waste of wax." Pope says.

"Guys, really?" Kie asks.

JJ rolls his eyes and gnaws at his bottom lip. Maybe Pope is right, but the blonde is slightly distracted since he hasn't seen Cordelia since yesterday. Part of him expected for her and Sarah to be at the chateau when JJ, Kie, and Pope got back from having to help JJ in his failed plan.

But neither of them were there. He knows that she's probably just at the beach... or with Fletcher. But part of him always worries that she could be dead in a ditch or something. He's just good at hiding the worry.

JJ's broken out of his worries when he hears a car horn honking.

"Did you hear that?" JJ asks.

The honking gets closer and the three watch as the Twinkie quickly pulls in, John B behind the wheel.

"Are you serious?" Kie laughs in disbelief.

"Hold on. Hold on." JJ says. "Am I dreaming right now?"

"No!" Pope yells out of disbelief.

"Guess who's out of the clink, boy!" John B exclaims, getting out and practically skipping towards them.

"No freaking way, man!" Pope says.

The four exclaim in happiness, quickly pulling John B into a group hug.

"We missed you." Kie says.

"I missed you guys too." John B says as they break apart.

"How'd you do it? You bust out?" JJ asks.

"Uh, they dropped the charges." John B says.

"They dropped the charges." Pope repeats.

"Dude, that's phenomenal!" Kie grins.

"So you're telling me I did all that work for nothing?" JJ asks.

"Oh, the most elaborate escape plan of all time?" Pope asks.

"Oh, "foolproof."" Kie says, using air quotations.

"Yeah, it was, actually." JJ insists.

"Wait, where's Sarah?" John B asks. "No, no, no. Where... where is Sarah? Where... where's Delia?"

"They went to go meet Wheezie last night. They didn't come back." Kie says.

"Both of them?" John B asks. "And none of you seem worried?"

"I... chances are Sarah went back and Delia's just dealing with her heartbreak on the beach... or with her new boyfriend." JJ says, rolling his eyes at the last part.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

542K 17.9K 35
i shut my eyes and all the world drops dead. j. maybank x fem!oc outer banks, season one
555K 15.4K 33
we were like a california sunset, fated to die any minute. outer banks ( season one ) jj maybank x female oc © tearsricochets
51.3K 1.2K 51
𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐋'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 ❝𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄'𝙢 𝙨𝙪𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚.❞ ❝𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬, 𝙄 𝙙𝙤�...
47.9K 1.1K 23
[ON HOLD!] SLOW UPDATES! "You don't find me cute anymore?" "No, I find you adorable and hot." "So, do you want to be the girlfriend of this adorable...