Young Justice: Directive 51 (...

Oleh Matt-From-Wii

(Y/n) (L/n) doesn't have an ordinary life, he never did. Brought into the Strategic Homeland Division at an e... Lebih Banyak

Bio
Chapter 1: A Strange Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3: Humanity
Chapter 4: Failsafe
Chapter 5: Disordered
Chapter 6: Secrets
Chapter 7: Misplaced
Chapter 8: A Trip to Paris
Chapter 9: Coldhearted
Chapter 10: Image and Agendas
Chalter 11: Insecurity
Chapter 12: Gone
Chapter 13: Rest
Chapter 14: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 15: Usual Suspects
Chapter 16: Auld Acquaintance
Chapter 17: Set the Stage
Chapter 18: Another Close Call
Chapter 19: Tip of the Talon
Chapter 20: The Nest
Chapter 21: Disaster
Chapter 22: The Aftermath of Victory
Chapter 23: Yet Another Tragedy
Season 2 Character Info
Chapter 24: First Day
Chapter 25: An Attempt at Comfort
Chapter 26: Project Mockingbird
Chapter 27: Depths
Chapter 28: Hurt
Chapter 29: Suffering
Chalter 30: Before the Dawn - Cornered
Chapter 31: A Strange Feeling
Chapter 33: War
Chapter 34: Repercussions
Chapter 35: Reunited
Chapter 36: Intervention Part 1
Chapter 37: Intervention Part 2
Chapter 38: Recovery
Chapter 39: Preparation for the Summit
Chapter 40: The Summit
Chapter 41: Endgame
Chapter 42: An Absent Clown
Chapter 43: The Guest House
Chapter 44: The Dominoes Start to Fall
Chapter 45: In the Mind of an Agent
Chapter 46: End of the Beginning
Chapter 47: A Vacation
Chapter 48: One Quick Mission
Chapter 49: Markovia
Chapter 50: Fate's Gambit
Chapter 51: A Sentinel of Order
Chapter 52: Private Security
Chapter 53: Rescue Op
Chapter 54: Triptych
Chapter 55: Home Fires
Chapter 56: Real Power
Chapter 57: True Heroes
Chapter 58: Sidelined
Chapter 59: The First Wave
Chapter 60: New York
Chapter 61: The Dark Zone
Chapter 62: The Penthouse
Chapter 63: Everything will Burn
Chapter 64: Early Warning
Chapter 65: Beginning of the End
Chapter 66: Death of the Division
Christmas in the Cave: (Christmas One Shot)
Chapter 67: Rogue Agents
Chapter 68: The White House
Chapter 69: Terminus
Chapter 70: Into the Breach
Chapter 71: Overwhelmed
Chapter 72: Nevermore
Chapter 73: It Belongs in a Museum
Chapter 74: Lovers on the Run
Chapter 75: Paradise Under Siege
Chapter 76: The Underworld
Chapter 77: The Beautiful Bride
Chapter 78: Doomsday vs The Justice League
Chapter 79: Rebirth
Chapter 80: ANNA's Plan
Chapter 81: Trapped in Time
Christmas Special # 2
Chapter 82: For All Magic
Chapter 83: Gotham City

Chapter 32: Stranded

2K 48 34
Oleh Matt-From-Wii

3rd Person POV:

(Y/n), Superboy and Nightwing arrived at the S.T.A.R labs facility in Taos. Nightwing has filled (Y/n) in with all the details regarding the emergence of Green Beetle, a Martian with a Reach scarab stuck to his spine just like Jamie.

(Y/n) told Dick about his conversation with Streiten but swore him to secrecy, he couldn't bring himself to explain it to anyone. After all, he didn't even have all the answers.

(Y/n), Dick and Conner are walking to the inner training area to meet with Green Beetle, Blue Beetle, Arsenal, Miss Martian, Lagoon Boy, Robin and Impulse.

(Y/n): "I can't even begin to tell you how bad of an idea this is."

Nightwing: "We need to be able to trust him."

(Y/n): "We have one super powered beetle that's a  wild card and you want to throw another one into the mix."

Superboy: "You think Blue's a wild card?"

(Y/n): "You don't?"

Superboy: "He's done nothing to indicate he's a traitor."

(Y/n): "That's usually how spies work."

Superboy stopped outside the door to the large training area and glared at (Y/n). He clearly wasn't a fan of the agent's sarcasm.

(Y/n): "Look, all I'm saying is we need to be careful. You never know what people are really capable of, Kaldur proved that. Not to mention they might not be in control of their own bodies. The Reach developed these scarabs. They most likely have a way to control them."

Nightwing opened the door and the three entered the room. Every hero and Green Beetle turned their attention to the three friends. Arsenal let out a small laugh as he pushed himself off the far wall and walked towards the heroes.

Arsenal: "You're late."

(Y/n): "You have something better to be doing?"

Miss Martian: "I'm not very comfortable with this. Delving into your mind, it-it's an intrusion."

Green Beetle: "You have my permission. We must be able to trust each other."

(Y/n): "Trust is built over time and secured by one's actions during such time. You don't get our trust after showing up out of nowhere."

Green Beetle: "While that may be true, it is not a luxury we have. The Reach continues to gain sway over your planet each day. We must expel them as soon as possible. And I don't believe I've had the pleasure, Mr.?"

(Y/n): "Vanguard will do fine."

Green Beetle: "So you're the one the Reach is so concerned about. You should know, they consider you a wildcard. My scarab is still able to pry information from the Reach's less secure networks. They have an entire team dedicated to tracking your every move."

(Y/n): "Nice to know I have fans."

Superboy: "There has to be another way."

Nightwing: "Look, I'm not sure what the Martian etiquette is here, but Green Beetle is right. We need to be able to trust each other, which means we need to confirm he is who he says he is. Miss M is our only real option."

(Y/n) stepped back to Nightwing as Lagoon Boy went to encourage Miss Martian to establish the mind like with Green Beetle. (Y/n) leaned in and whispered to Nightwing and Superboy.

(Y/n): "Give me 30 minutes and a box of matches and you won't need a mind link."

Nightwing: "We are not doing that."

(Y/n): "Just wanted to make sure you knew it was an option."

Miss Martian turned around to face the group and let out a sigh of relief.

Miss Martian: "Green Beetle is on our side."

Nightwing: "Good, let's compare notes."

*Small Time Skip*

Green Beetle started giving the heroes every bit of information he had on the Reach. (Y/n) hasn't spoken a word and is making sure everything they know lined up with everything Green Beetle is saying. Whether he admits it or not, (Y/n) won't come to trust Green Beetle at all. His sudden appearance is far too convenient in (Y/n)'s opinion.

Green Beetle started talking about the latest Reach beverage that has been thrown into the world market with a massive advertising campaign funded by LexCorp.

Green Beetle: "This consumable contains the Reach's additive, which combines microscopic quantities of two chemicals. One is a dopamine polymerase, the other an adrenaline inhibitor. Taken over generations, the will slowly addict the entire population to this drink and make the people of Earth placid, literally incapable of revolt."

Nightwing: "That matches up exactly with Flash's and Atom's analyses of the additive sample acquired from LexCorp."

Green Beetle: "Ah, I see. Still I am... tested."

Nightwing: "Look, we're sorry, but-"

Green Beetle: "No, it is wise. As they say in your world, all cards must be off the table."

Blue Beetle: "On the table! Uh-I mean... never mind. Ignore me."

Green Beetle: "On the table. Yes, I suppose that does make more sense. So here is my final card on the table. My scarab informs me that the additive also contains a mitochondrial marker which works as a meta gene tracer, allowing the Reach to identify and isolate potential superpowered individuals."

Nightwing: "Making it easier to harvest and weaponize the meta gene! Our analysis missed that, thank you."

Blue Beetle: "Can't we go public with this?"

Nightwing: "I'll pass it on to Captain Atom, but the League's credibility is at an all time low right now. We'll probably have to hide our time."

(Y/n): "No we don't. We're staring down the barrel of the largest human trafficking ring in history, the primary victims will be children, and you want to sit on it because the League isn't popular?"

Nightwing: "We won't be able to take any definitive action, we won't have the support of the world's governments."

(Y/n): "Pass the additive onto me. I'll order my agents to look specifically for the meta gene tracer and can have aircraft knock the Reach's ship out of the sky the second the findings are verified."

Nightwing: "No, we should wait and let the League handle this. If you attack, the battle will kill innocent people, not to mention a lot of your agents."

(Y/n): "Just give me the additive or I'll send a team to break into LexCorp."

Nightwing: "Fine."

(Y/n) was about to travel to Chicago and deliver a breakdown of the additives and chemical components to the FBI field lab but decided to wait a few minutes before entering the zeta tube. M'gann and La'gaan entered and appeared to be in some sort of argument so he wanted to give them some space.

(Y/n) finally entered the zeta tube and arrived in the Chicago scrap yard that housed the zeta tube. He sighed as he knew his suit would get covered in dirt and dust from the scrap yard. However that would soon be the least of his worries.

(Y/n)'s heart skipped a beat when Lagoon Boy's voice screamed out from his earpiece.

Lagoon Boy: "Lagoon Boy to Team! We're under attack at the Chicago zeta tube. Requesting backup."

As Nightwing acknowledged the request and told Lagoon Boy that he and Superboy were three minutes from the nearest zeta tube (Y/n) smiled and loaded his handgun.

(Y/n): "This is Vanguard. Cavalry's responding."

(Y/n) rushed out of the small tool shed that hid the zeta tube and found Lagoon Boy and Miss Martian in a desperate battle against Deathstroke and Tigress.

Deathstroke sent a car door flying at Lagoon boy and he was knocked into a pile of scrap metal.

Deathstroke: "See, calling for help like that just pushes up the timetable. Now I can't savour the battle."

(Y/n) smiled and took aim at Deathstroke. As he was about to fire Lagoon Boy noticed him and looked in his direction. This instantly clued Deathstroke into the fact that they aren't alone anymore and he jumped back as the bullet from (Y/n)'s handgun grazed his shoulder.

Lagoon Boy: "You want something to savour!"

Lagoon Boy growled and charged at Deathstroke who easily dodged the atlantean. The Lights newest enforcer dropped a small explosive that quickly detonated and sent Lagoon Boy crashing into a large pile of scrap. (Y/n) sighed and mumbled 'Fucking amateur' under his breath.

Lagoon Boy screamed in pain from underneath a small pile of scrap, Miss Martian quickly took notice of her lover's predicament and called out to him. An action that gave Tigress an opening to attack.

Miss Martian: "La'gaan!"

(Y/n): "I've got him! Focus on.... Tigress."

Right before (Y/n) finished the last part of his sentence Tigress tackled Miss Martian to the ground and out of his sight. (Y/n) simply sighed and aimed his gun back at Deathstroke who let out a small laugh.

Deathstroke: "So hard to find good help these days."

(Y/n): "You have no idea."

(Y/n) was the first to make a move. He fired at Deathstroke who dove behind a partially crushed car for cover. Before (Y/n) could advance on Deathstroke he was forced to dodge incoming arrows shot from Tigress's crossbow.

Tigress: "Martian's down and ready for transport!"

Deathstroke: "Let's end him!"

Deathstroke ran up to (Y/n) who was temporarily blinded by a small flash grenade thrown by Tigress. (Y/n) stumbled back and fell after Deathstroke body slammed the helpless agent.

(Y/n) rolled and jumped back to his feet as Tigress slammed her staff on the ground where he was a moment ago.

(Y/n) spun back around to face his opponent's and fired at Deathstroke. The master assassin and mercenary covered the more exposed parts of his armour with his arms as the bullets bounced off or got lodged into his armour. The bullets didn't penetrate his armour but the force knocked him to the ground. Tigress advanced while Deathstroke was picking himself up.

(Y/n) dropped his handgun as it was now empty and caught Tigress's staff. He sent a quick kick into her gut and pried the staff from her grip before smacking her across the face with it.

(Y/n) twirled the staff and smiled at the two assassins as they both pushed themselves into a fighting position. Deathstroke took out his sword and Tigress loaded her crossbow.

(Y/n): "You know, if you run now, you'll get away before the others get here."

Deathstroke: "Please. We're more than a match for you."

(Y/n): "I just sat your ass on the ground with seven 9mm rounds. You want to see what I can do when I'm trying?"

(Y/n) shortened his grip on the staff and lunged at Deathstroke. An action that caught the assassin off guard as he expected the agent to put as much ground between them as possible and fight from range, where Division agents excel. (Y/n) swung the staff like a baseball bat, it collided with Deathstroke's arm which he brought up to defend his head. Tigress took the opportunity to punch (Y/n) in the jaw and then retake her staff when he staggered back.

Tigress continued attacking (Y/n) who struggled to block the multiple oncoming attacks. Tigress eventually exploited an opening in the agent's defence and swept his leg out from underneath him.

Deathstroke now got to his feet and rushed back out of (Y/n)'s sight and towards Miss Martian. Tigress pounced onto (Y/n) the second Deathstroke was out of sight, she pinned him to the ground and leaned into his ear.

Tigress: "Stop fighting. Play dead."

(Y/n) froze. Not because he wanted to obey, but because he could swear he recognized the voice. Tigress pushed herself off of him and ran back around the maze of cars and scrap metal to Deathstroke's position. As she ran she adjusted the yellow gem on her necklace, fixing it back into its proper position after sliding it out a moment ago.

(Y/n) just laid on the ground and watched as the Manta Flyer took off overhead and flew into the distance. The voice was running through his head 'Stop fighting' he's heard that voice before.

(Y/n): "She can't be... I-I saw her... I saw her..."

By the time Superboy and Nightwimg arrived (Y/n) was sweating and white in the face.

Superboy: "(Y/n)! I've got you! What happened?"

Superboy helped the exhausted agent up and led him back to Nightwing, who had an injured Lagoon Boy over his shoulders.

*Small Time Skip*

Nightwing, Superboy and (Y/n) brought Lagoon Boy to the hospital, much against his will. The doctors quickly figured out that he has a broken leg and won't be able to move anytime soon. The atlantean is currently being held down by Superboy and Nightwing as he's trying to get out of bed in order to save Miss Martian.

La'gaan: "Neptune's beard! Let go of me! I've got to save M'gann!"

Nightwing: "La'gaan, calm down. There's nothing you can do in your condition."

La'gaan: "Then what about him? Why isn't he rescuing her?! I know you dumped her, but do you really hate her that much?"

Superboy: "You have no idea what I feel for her!"

La'gaan: "You're right. Because I would never abandon her to Kaldur and his flunkies because that's who took her. Aquatraitors personal ninja cow Tigress!"

(Y/n): "Why would Tigress spare me?"

Everyone in the room turned their attention to the agent who had been quietly sitting in the corner up until now.

Superboy: "What?"

(Y/n): "She had the opportunity to kill me or take me captive, hell, she could've just knocked me out but she didn't. She told me to 'Stay down and play dead'. I-I know this sounds strange... but she sounded... she sounded like Artemis."

La'gaan: "Are you insane!"

(Y/n): "I know what I heard!"

Nightwing: "Stop! I'm not supposed to tell anyone this, but Kaldur isn't a traitor. He's been on a deep cover mission leaving the team."

(Y/n): "Artemis is Tigress. You faked her death didn't you?"

Nightwing: "It was the only way to ensure the Light would believe she's actually dead. We couldn't risk the information getting out."

La'gaan: "Neptune's beard! I mourned Artemis and tried to tear Kaldur limb from limb! You should've told me!"

Superboy: "No. Nightwing is our leader. We put our trust in him."

(Y/n): "The less people that know the secret the less likely it will get out."

Nightwing: "If Artemis took M'gann then there must be a good reason. Get some rest La'gaan, we'll find a way to get M'gann back."

The three left the room and Nightwing let out a sigh of relief after he closed the door.

Nightwing: "Thanks for backing me up in th— Oof! Ahh!"

(Y/n) punched Nightwing in the gut and then across the face. The former sidekick to the Dark Knight crumbled to the ground in pain. Superboy stepped in and restrained (Y/n) before he could continue his attack.

(Y/n): "You son of a bitch! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT I'VE DONE?!"

Superboy continued to hold (Y/n) back as Nightwing got up.

(Y/n): "You let me start a war because you wanted to keep a secret!"

Nightwing: "A war? What are you talking about? We're both fighting the Reach."

(Y/n): "You're a bigger fool than I took you for! When I thought Artemis was dead I swore to myself I wouldn't let anyone else I considered family die! I SWORE I'D KEEP EVERYONE SAFE!"

Nightwing: "(Y/n)... what did you do?"

(Y/n): "I...I started crossing off Black Manta's supply points to force him into a position where I could capture or kill him. The men we were with in Spain, when we rescued Zatanna. They helped me."

Nightwing: "Well... I suppose that's not the worst thing I could imagine."

(Y/n): "Thanks a lot. You really have no idea what your secrets have done to us."

Nightwing: "Oh you're one to talk! You-"

Superboy: "Would you two focus for once! When M'gann found Kaldur on that Reach ship she thought he had killed Artemis, so she fried his brain!"

Nightwing and (Y/n) were taken back but the agent suddenly took special attention to a specific word Conner said and muttered it under his breath as he had a terrifying realization.

(Y/n): "That..."

Superboy: "That's got to be why Artemis grabbed her; to try and save Kaldur's broken mind. But M'gann doesn't know how to do that. So Manta may just kill her and kill Artemis if she blows her cover trying to save her! And we'll have lost all three of them because you thought it was a bad idea to share!"

Superboy stormed off and left Nightwing alone with (Y/n). The first Robin looked down in shame as (Y/n) grabbed Nightwing's shoulder and shook him violently.

(Y/n): "That Reach ship!"

Nightwing: "What?"

(Y/n): "Conner made me realize something. When he said that Reach ship, that would imply that there are more. Of course Conner doesn't know that and it was a verbal slip up but I think there are more!"

Nightwing: "Why do you think that?"

(Y/n): "The Reach are attempting to invade and occupy the planet in accordance with Impulse's prophecy right? Well that one ship isn't nearly enough to subdue and occupy everyone on Earth. They must have more."

Nightwing: "I guess that makes sense, but where would they be hiding?"

(Y/n): "I'm guessing deep underwater in some ocean. We'd have found them by now if it was in any other spot."

Nightwing: "We can start searching for their fleet."

(Y/n): "And when we find it they'll be caught red handed in a lie."

Nightwing: "When can you start?"

(Y/n): "It'll take time to organize the fleets into small strike forces for searching but we should be able to have it done in a few days."

Nightwing: "Good.... And (Y/n).... I'm sorry. I should've told you."

(Y/n): "Yeah you're right, you should've."

(Y/n) turned to leave and walked a few feet away before stopping and glaring back at Nightwing.

(Y/n): "If you thought my outburst was bad, you've got a whole different kind of bad coming your way. Artemis is Zatanna's best friend, who do you think she's going to blame for putting her through all the sleepless nights and the terrible feeling of loss. You owe her an apology as well."

(Y/n) left and went straight home, not to the manor but to his apartment. The home he and Zatanna were so happy in. Zatanna wasn't scheduled to finish her shift on the watchtower for a few more hours so (Y/n) slumped down on the couch as stared out at the Gotham city skyline. Their place was so dusty, nobody's been living there for months. (Y/n) sighed as a tear slipped out and ran down his cheek. He remembered how excited they had both been upon spending their first night in what was supposed to be their new home.

The agent picked up his laptop and logged onto the SHD network. He accessed the network with the Directors log in, the first time doing so since his abduction. He started searching through all secure files created by Director Jackals, looking for anything related to himself or the Guest House.

Meanwhile on the Watchtower, Zatanna is struggling to stay awake and grumbling about never covering Raquels shift again. Zatanna's attention was suddenly shifted to the activation of the zeta tube. The computer announced the arrival of Batgirl and Nightwing.

Batgirl: "Zatanna! Is (Y/n) here?!"

Zatanna: "No... why? What happened to your face?"

Zatanna's attention was focused on the rather large bruise on Nightwings cheek.

Nightwing: "(Y/n) happened. He didn't go home and we can't find him."

Zatanna started panicking, thoughts of the large number of people that wanted to harm the two of them running through her head. The recent abduction and apparent torture of (Y/n) didn't help calm her nerves.

Zatanna: "No no no! This can't be happening again!"

Zatanna's phone buzzed and she jumped. When she pulled it out and looked at the name she let out a massive sigh of relief.

Zatanna: "He's at home, our home."

Batgirl: "We need to go talk to him."

Nightwing: "I need to say something to the both of you, it's better if I say it when you're together."

Zatanna: "Is everything alright? Why did (Y/n) hit you?"

Batgirl: "Trust me, when you hear it, you're going to want to hit him too."

Zatanna, Barbara and Dick arrived at Zatanna and (Y/n)'s apartment. When they entered the apartment they found (Y/n) sitting at the dinner table fixated on his laptop.

Zatanna walked up and gently kissed (Y/n). She wrapped her arms around his neck.

Zatanna: "What are you looking at?"

(Y/n): "I'm looking for my medical history and anything related to... oh. Hey guys."

Nightwing: "Hey."

(Y/n): "Zee, you're going to want to sit down for this."

Zatanna: "What? What's going on?"

(Y/n) closed his laptop and led Zatanna to the couch. They sat down and Zatanna was starting to get concerned.

Dick: "I owe you an apology. There is no easy way to say this. Artemis... she isn't dead."

Zatanna: "WHAT?!"

Dick: "We faked her death so she could join Kaldur's undercover mission. Artemis is Tigress and Kaldur isn't a traitor."

Zatanna: "T-they kidnapped me... why?"

Dick: "Given your relationship with (Y/n), they had to take you in order to maintain their cover. Savage must have put out an order to capture you, they had no choice but to take you."

Zatanna: "She's alive.... WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME! I...We both were so hurt... why didn't you tell us?!"

Zatanna was now gripping onto (Y/n)'s arm and her eyes were incredibly watery. (Y/n) was doing his best to comfort her but the magician wasn't having it. She snapped and jumped up off the couch before (Y/n) could stop her. She quickly moved over to the couch opposite hers and slapped Dick across the face.

Zatanna: "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! Her friends and family thought she was dead! You knowingly put them through that!"

Dick: "I'm so sorry."

(Y/n) stood up and made his way to Zatanna and wrapped his arms around her. She turned and buried her head into his neck and let out a sigh of relief.

Zatanna: "You should've trusted us with this."

Dick: "I'm so sorry, but I'm trusting you now."

(Y/n) got drinks for the four of them, they spent a few hours chatting about pointless topics and watching game shows on TV. When it came time for Barbara and Dick to leave (Y/n) got up before they could.

(Y/n): "Wait a minute."

Dick: "Is everything alright?"

(Y/n) sighed before looking at Barbara and then shifting his gaze to Zatanna.

(Y/n): "You trusted me with the truth. Now it's my turn."

Barbara: "What are you-"

(Y/n): "After you rescued me from Natalya I went to see one of the doctors listed in my personal file. The file's cryptic and incomplete in most parts..."

Zatanna: "W-what are you getting at?"

(Y/n) sighed and sat back down on the couch next to Zatanna who's starting to get extremely nervous.

(Y/n): "The doctor... Streiten. He told me that I wasn't dead for a moment or my heart didn't briefly stop or anything like that. I... I was dead for days."

Zatanna: "W-WHAT?! H-how? You're n-not going to die, are you?!"

(Y/n): "I don't know. I don't know how they brought me back, but I do know I was in immense pain and... they somehow... wiped my memories in order to restore a sense of innocence in me."

Zatanna listened to the story like her life depended on it. Her eyes became watery as the man she loved described every feeling he remembered about the several surgeries.

(Y/n): "According to Streiten, they tried to give the will to live back to me. That was the reason for messing with my mind... I still don't know exactly what they did."

Zatanna broke. She started crying and pushed herself onto (Y/n). Zatanna buried her face into (Y/n)'s neck and tried to steady her breathing. After a while she managed to do so and the two said goodbye to Barbara and Dick who were hesitant to leave.

(Y/n): "Come on, let's get to bed."

Zatanna mumbled a yes as she hugged (Y/n) again. The agent picked up his magician and carried her bridal style to their bedroom.

The two quickly got ready for bed and climbed into bed. Zatanna wrapped her arms around (Y/n) and pulled him close.

Zatanna: "I don't want to lose you."

(Y/n): "Zee, I promise you won't."

Zatanna: "Seeing you in the hospital... what you were screaming... I was so scared."

(Y/n) rolled onto his back, Zatanna was quick To straddle him. (Y/n) reached up and pulled Zatanna down. She lay perfectly on top of him and for the first time since arriving at their apartment, felt relaxed.

Zatanna was about to say something but (Y/n) cut her off by gently pressing his lips against hers.

Zatanna: "Mhmmm... I love you... so much."

(Y/n): "I know... I love you too."

*Small Time Skip*

(Y/n) arrived at the S.T.A.R labs facility in Taos through the zeta tube. The agent is meeting with Dr. Eduardo Dorado Sr. To enquire about using S.T.A.R labs satellites for operations in the caucuses.

He made his way through the facility and briefly stopped to straighten his tie in a mirror. He stared down at his ISAC watch and couldn't help but wonder what else the Division did to him. He knew the organization was far from perfect and had its checkered past much like every government agency but he never would've guessed human experimentation, much less on him. 'If that's what they did to me, what else have they done? Can I trust the SHD?' Those two questions were top of his mind and had been lingering in his thoughts the past week.

He decided to not be late for his meeting and moved on from the mirror.

As the agent made his way through the halls he came across five of the teenagers he helped rescue from the Reach's ship.

Ed: "Doesn't matter. Same old same old."

(Y/n): "Excuse me, is Dr. Eduardo Dorado here?"

Virgil: "No way... you're the guy who fought Black Beetle!"

(Y/n): "Oh, yeah. Uhh, how are you guys holding up?"

The kids all marveled at the agent who saved them. (Y/n) for his part didn't really know what to do with the newfound attention he was getting. But he really didn't anticipate the kids' response.

Tye: "It's so messed up. S.T.A.R's as bad as the Reach and worse than home."

Ed: "They have us working in their training area for 12 hours straight with a twenty minute lunch break in between."

Newt: "Oh come on. It's not as bad as the Reach."

Tye: "Whatever Newt. I just can't take much more of this place."

(Y/n): "Well how about I get you guys a much needed break."

Virgil: "Wait! You'd do that for us?"

(Y/n): "Sure. I'll make you a deal."

The agent smiled and leaned back against the wall, fully knowing that what he's about to do would be liked by the scientist or the League.

(Y/n): "I'll use ISAC to bypass the security systems and let you guys slip out for a bit. Get some much needed fresh air, he'll, I'll even give you money for food."

Tye: "What do you get out of it?"

(Y/n): "I need S.T.A.R labs to owe me a favour. I'll 'catch' you after your night on the town and bring you back here."

The kids mauled over (Y/n)'s offer before nodding their heads in acceptance.

(Y/n): "Good. I'll see you guys this evening."

*4 hours later*

(Y/n) is waking into the small lounge area to get a cup of coffee after a rather exhausting meeting with the head scientists. All the scientists were unanimous in their decision 'no'. Well not yet at least. (Y/n) still thought his plan to force their hand would work.

He sat down with a coffee and sighed. He got ready to deactivate the security system but before he could the facility slammed into lockdown, someone had set off the alarm.

(Y/n) broke into a sprint for the cafeteria door but it slammed shut in his face. He threw his body at the door in an attempt to force it open but to no avail. He cursed while staring up into the security camera. He knew someone was watching and turned on the automatic lock, he just didn't know who.

(Y/n) used ISAC to bypass the door but by the time he did the kids were gone.

Wilcox: "The children escaped!"

(Y/n): "Figured as much."

Wilcox: "We've got to find them! The Reach could swoop back in and take them!"

(Y/n): "Alright, alright. I'll tell you what. I'll find the kids and in turn, you swing that satellite over Azerbaijan."

Wilcox: "S.T.A.R won't be a part of any military operation!"

(Y/n): "You won't have to be. We just need you to capture an image of the target facility. If the separatist are in position of a nuclear weapon, we need to find out. Your satellite array is the only one we can use to get a detailed picture in the next 48 hours."

Wilcox: "Stop. I was in the meeting and heard your speech. The answer is no. Now help us find the children or get out."

(Y/n): "Well then, good luck finding the kids. Oh and a little bit of advice before I leave. If you want them to stick around and not constantly break out. Try being a little nicer with them, they are just kids after all."

Wilcox stormed out of the building followed by several security guards.

(Y/n) turned and made his way to the zeta tube room. He purposely walked at a slow pace until Wilcox was out of sight. He then spun around and quickly made his way to the satellite control room.

The agent carefully weaved his way through the facility until he arrived at the door to the control room. He opened the door and luckily there was nobody in the room. 'They've probably gone home for the night' the agent thought to himself.

He approached the main console and tapped the face of his watch which quickly lit up as ISAC activated.

(Y/n): "Alright ISAC, let's borrow a satellite."

Meanwhile on the Watchtower, Zatanna is in the middle of a meeting with the few members of the Justice League present on the Watchtower and Nightwing.

Captain Atom: "I know we're stretched thin, but we need to go over certain matters that require our attention and do our best to deal with them."

Aquaman: "The tsunami that hit the Philippines has caused substantial damage. We'll need to help."

Nightwing: "What about the situation in the Caucuses? If the separatist movement in Azerbaijan really has acquired nuclear weapons then a civil war will be inevitable."

Aquaman: "What does the Division have to say on this matter?"

Everyone's attention suddenly turned to Zatanna and she was caught completely off guard.

Zatanna: "I... Uhh I don't know... we don't exactly talk about work stuff... well... we try not to."

Rocket: "Well. What do you talk about?"

Zatanna lightly blushed as she attempted to stutter out a response and Rocket burst out laughing.

Green Arrow: "What about the Reach and the Light? We still don't know what their next move is."

Nightwing: "Nothing new on that front. We're stuck waiting until they make a move. Has Dr.Fate been able to translate the ancient hieroglyphics Batgirl and Vanguard found in Bialya?"

Zatanna: "He has and I'm working on a spell that should remove all outside influence on the beetle's scarabs. Only... I'm not sure if it will work. It's ancient magic and I've never done anything like it before."

The conversation was interrupted by (Y/n) arriving through the zeta tube.

(Y/n): "Hey everyone, sorry I'm late."

Captain Atom: "Thanks for making time, Director."

(Y/n): "Sorry, got held up at S.T.A.R labs in Taos."

Nightwing: "Which is now under attack by Red Volcano!"

(Y/n): "Wait what?! I just left."

Nightwing: "Watchtower systemes are saying that the zeta tube is offline. I'll call Blue Beetle, he's the only one close enough to help."

Nightwing left in a hurry and (Y/n) let out a sigh. The agent moved over to the monitor and Captain Atom stepped back to join the rest of the Leaguers.

(Y/n): "I'll let Nightwing handle the Red Volcano situation and get to the other issues we're facing."

The agent tapped his ISAC watch and uploaded several images of a university in Azerbaijan.

(Y/n): "Over the past several weeks Azerbaijan has descended into chaos. Government forces clashed with separatist after the recent federal election resulted in the current government getting re-elected. Our main problem come from Azerbaijan's St. Peter's University, located in the capital city Baku."

Rocket: "What's the university got to do with the civil unrest?"

(Y/n): "Well, international media is calling it civil unrest but it's basically a war already. We've uncovered intelligence that shows something interesting in the chemical science lab."

Captain Atom: "This can't be good."

(Y/n) pulled a blueprint layout of the university as well as a profile of the head professor. The man was white, Russian and really old. He has circular glasses and frayed white hair along with a whiter moustache.

(Y/n): "This is Ivan Tarnako. He was a chemical weapons scientist for the former Soviet Union and since the collapse of the eastern bloc and the Soviet Union, has taken his skills to Azerbaijan. He is using his grant from the university to develop and sell chemical weapons to the highest bidder."

Captain Atom: "How are we just hearing about this now?"

(Y/n): "Couldn't tell you. Lots of former Soviet scientists follow similar paths to Ivan here."

Aquaman: "How is the university out problem, it's in the government controlled capital city and away from the fighting?"

(Y/n): "Sepratist forces are preparing an assault on the capital and given the unpopularity of the current government, it could trigger an uprising. We need to get in and shut down Ivan and his chemical weapons laboratory before it becomes a part of a warzone or he sells them to one of the wading groups."

Rocket: "What about stopping the civil war?"

(Y/n): "I'm not sure that's within our power, or if the U.N would even let you. This war is a result of decades of terrible soviet policies. You can't just come in and wreck some tanks then leave. They'll just start fighting again. The best we can do right now is remove the potential threat of chemical warfare."

Zatanna: "Well maybe we can talk some sense into the leaders of both sides while we pay Ivan a visit."

(Y/n): "I love the way you think."

Zatanna blushed and the agent lightly laughed.

Captain Atom: "Alright, any volunteers to deal with this?"

Rocket: "I'm in."

Zatanna: "So am I."

(Y/n): "Woah woah, hold on. The Division can handle this. We can have the Justice League showing up in a warzone, if a fight were to break out you'd instantly be accused of picking a side."

Aquaman: "And you think the Division won't be accused of the same thing?"

(Y/n): "Well they don't know who or what we are. To them we'll just be mercenaries fighting like everyone else."

Zatanna: "So we dress in your gear. Problem solved."

(Y/n): "Zee, I'm not walking you into a warzone."

Zatanna: "I don't remember asking for your permission."

Nightwing just arrived back in time to hear Zatanna and  burst out laughing. He forced himself to stop when (Y/n)'s gaze was fixed solely on him.

(Y/n): "The chemical research lab will be full of chemical weapons. We'll have to wear the proper equipment and that includes gas masks, which may make your magic useless if you can speak clearly."

Zatanna: "You let me worry about that."

Nightwing: "Alright then. (Y/n), Zatanna, Rocket and I will deal with the situation in Azerbaijan."

(Y/n) sighed in defeat before snapping back and attempting to maintain some form of control over the situation. He really wasn't fond of bringing his friends into a warzone. They mean the world to him and are his only family.

(Y/n): "Fine! But you follow my orders and we do things my way! I don't need anyone dying."

*Small Time Skip*

Zatanna, Rocket, Nightwing and (Y/n) are in a C-17 transport heading towards Azerbaijan. (Y/n) is already fully dressed in his combat gear with a parachute strapped to his back. The others are currently getting dressed in the same gear and slightly struggling.

Rocket: "You guys wear this stuff all the time? It's so heavy."

Zatanna: "I don't think mine is fitting right..."

(Y/n) sighed and slammed down the ISAC drone he was working on and walked over to Zatanna.

(Y/n): "It's heavy at first but you'll get used to it. The gear will help save your life or the life of a teammate."

(Y/n) grabbed Zatanna's vest and straightened it before violently pulling on the straps, causing the vest to tighten and stay secured properly on her chest. Zatanna yelped and jumped at the sudden tightening and tried to look into (Y/n)'s eyes, only to find that he was avoiding her gaze.

(Y/n) turned and went back to working on the small drone. He was ensuring that the systems on the drone were functioning properly as it would guide them from their landing zone to the university. Nightwing approached (Y/n) and sat down beside him.

Nightwing: "Blue Beetle stopped Red Volcano's attack on S.T.A.R labs. Just thought you might want to know."

(Y/n): "Wonderful."

Rocket moved over to Zatanna and whispered to her. The tension between her and (Y/n) has only increased since leaving the Watchtower and could now be cut with a knife.

Rocket: "Is everything okay?"

Zatanna: "I-I don't know..."

Back with (Y/n) and Nightwing, the former sidekick to the Dark Knight was busy watching news footage of Blue Beetle fighting Red Volcano.

Nightwing: "Hey look at this, Blue almost completely destroyed S.T.A.R labs."

(Y/n) took the small tablet Nightwing was using and watched the entire battle unfold.

(Y/n): "Blue should've known that there were still scientists in the building, and that his sonic attack would've destabilized the building."

Nightwing: "Well... I'm not really sure."

(Y/n): "Something seems off."

(Y/n) spent the rest of the flight watching the footage of Blue Beetle fighting Red Volcano. He constantly was rewinding the video, he knew something was wrong but he couldn't quite figure out what.

The time came to prepare for their jump into Buta.

The pilot announced over the intercom that they were five minutes from the drop zone.

(Y/n): "Get ready and get your oxygen masks on! Make sure your tank is open so you don't black out, pull your parachute when your head up display tells you too! Not before and definitely not after!"

The agent yelled at the three heroes assembled in line as they adjusted their helmets and attached the oxygen masks to their faces. He followed suit, properly securing his face mask and lowering his goggles with a heads up display activated.

As the cargo ramp lowered the small group stepped into position to jump. (Y/n) waited for the green light and then threw himself out of the plane without warning.

The others followed his lead and soon all four were swept up in the cold night sky.

Their drop zone was the rooftop of an old factory about five miles from the university. (Y/n) was careful to watch everyone, he knew Nightwing would be fine but he was less certain about Rocket and Zatanna who heavily relied on their powers.

Thankfully all four of them made it to the rooftop without incident.

The second (Y/n)'s feet hit the roof he discarded his parachute and properly secured it. He then helped Zatanna and Rocket secure theirs before moving to the edge of the roof and checking his ISAC watch.

(Y/n): "The fighting's scaled up a lot more than I thought it would."

Nightwing: "How bad is it?"

(Y/n): "ISAC's showing that most neighborhoods have no power and there's rioting in the capital."

(Y/n) loaded his rifle and walked over to a service ladder that led down the side of the building.

Rocket: "What about the fighting?"

(Y/n): "Government forces are forcing the separatist forces out of the city... but that means they could try and regroup at the university before launching another attack on the city."

Nightwing: "So we need to be fast."

(Y/n): "There's a sewer system that connects to the university. ISAC has the schematics and can lead us through."

The four heroes entered the sewer system and followed (Y/n) who was being led by ISAC's small attack drone.

They were forced to use flashlights to carefully guide themselves through what passed for infrastructure in the underdeveloped industrial area. Zatanna found herself staring at the orange ring on (Y/n)'s watch. She couldn't help but feel like he's angry with her but she has no idea why.

The march through the sewer was long and cramped, with the group having to press their backs against the brick wall and shuffle past some partially collapsed sections.

They arrived at a small ladder leading up into the boiler room of the university's faculty building.

(Y/n): "Okay listen up. Once we get up there you can not use your powers. The U.N hasn't approved Justice League involvement in this crisis. You being here and fighting anyone is a violation of international law. Stay close to Nightwing and I, and only use your powers as a last resort. Got it?"

Rocket: "Got it boss."

Zatanna just nodded in response and the agent began his climb. Once he reached the top he gently lifted the cover up and climbed up into the boiler room. Once everyone was in (Y/n) gently pushed the cover back on top of the opening.

(Y/n): "Students could still be sheltering in place so we need to be careful."

Nightwing: "Which way to the lab?"

(Y/n): "Follow me and stay out of sight."

Zatanna: "Laecnoc su morf lla seye."

Zatanna smiled and gently patted (Y/n)'s shoulder before walking past him towards the stairs that exited the basement.

(Y/n): "Fine, we can do it that way."

The group walked up the stairs and exited the boiler room. They were shocked to find themselves in a library instead of the faculty building.

Nightwing: "This wasn't on the map was it?"

(Y/n): "No, we must have an outdated blueprint of the campus. We'll split up to find the lab."

Zatanna: "I'll go with you, Nightwing can take Rocket and go around the south side of the campus. Just stay out of sight, my spell won't work if you're far away so you won't be hidden."

(Y/n): "If you find the lab, wait for us to get there before you go in."

The group split up with (Y/n) and Zatanna casually walking the halls in their military gear thanks to Zatanna's spell.

The two cleared the library building in silence before moving onto the next. Expensive art lined the walls as they moved through what appeared to be the art facility. As they walked around the top floor of the two story building Zatanna finally broke the silence.

Zatanna: "A-are you... mad at me?"

(Y/n): "No."

Zatanna: "Really, because it seems like you are."

(Y/n): "Look, Zee... I just don't want you or any of our friends to get hurt. The fact is that coming here you guys are faced with every disadvantage possible.... And I don't know what I'd do if I'm the one responsible for anyone... anyone I consider family getting hurt."

Zatanna didn't respond. She lunged at (Y/n) and pulled him into a hug. The agent was shocked at first but then held Zatanna for a brief moment. When they broke the hug Zatanna quickly kissed (Y/n).

Zatanna: "Let's go catch us a war criminal."

(Y/n): "Just make sure to stay down when the fighting starts, okay? I know you have the plate carrier and helmet on but... just be careful."

Zatanna: "I will. I promise, but that goes for you too."

(Y/n) smiled back at Zatanna and the two went back to searching.

The two cleared the building and were about to enter the next when Nightwing's voice crackled through on their radio.

Nightwing: "Guys, we have a problem."

(Y/n): "What kind of problem?"

Rocket: "Students, and they're not alone."

Zatanna: "Wait, I think I see something... there are trucks pulling into the campus..."

Rocket: "They are being held hostage by unknown gunmen... Nightwing, get down! They see us!"

Nightwing: "We're taking fire and haven't located the scientist! Going to try and...."

Nightwing was cut off by radio static that was soon replaced by ISAC's cold robotic voice.

ISAC: "Transmissions jammed, proximity coverage only."

(Y/n): "ISAC signal command for an emergency extraction."

ISAC: "Emergency transmission failed. All SHD signals blocked."

(Y/n) was caught completely off guard. SHD signals shouldn't be able to be disrupted by any type of jammer that isn't outfitted with the same tech.

(Y/n) immediately started thinking about how his distress signal could have been intercepted, but he didn't even know who he was fighting, he hadn't seen anyone with the level of technology required to interfere with ISAC.

Zatanna: "It looks like separatist forces are unloading heavy equipment, radios, large guns... wait. They came from the city, I thought you said the government was in control of the capital?"

(Y/n): "What? That's impossible."

(Y/n) was baffled. It was as if the rebels fought their way through the city without suffering a scratch. As if they walked right through the government forces or they simply disappeared.

That's when it clicked. The sudden evaporation of the government troops, the SHD signal and radio signal suddenly being jammed. It could only mean one thing. The Hunters. They're here.

(Y/n): "ZATANNA GET AWAY FROM THE WINDOW!"

BANG!

A single gunshot rang out and Zatanna was sent flying back a few feet before she crashed into a small art display. Glass flew everywhere as the large square window shattered. (Y/n) flew into a panic. He rushed to Zatanna and pulled her away from the window which was now being fired at by multiple separatist soldiers.

(Y/n) dragged Zatanna into a small office and brought her behind the desk and closed the door.

(Y/n): "Nightwing! Rocket! If you can hear me Zee's hit! What's your status?!"

(Y/n) finally got to look at Zatanna, her vest was completely destroyed and the bullet was lodged in the center of the armour plate.Her eyes were watery and she was struggling to speak. (Y/n) ripped the bullet out of the vest and Zatanna gasped. She tried to shoot up but (Y/n) pinned her down.

(Y/n): "Hey, hey, Zee stop. It was caught in the armour, you're okay. It's just the shock, it'll wear off, breath. You're alright, I'm here."

Zatanna's breathing steadied and (Y/n) reached into her vest to pull out the armour plate. He ripped his hand out when he felt blood and silently cursed to himself. Without warning he tore off Zatanna's vest and dumped the shattered armour plate out onto the floor."

(Y/n): "Military grade lowest bidder garbage... FUCK!"

The agent continued to curse as he pulled out a medical kit and examined Zatanna's bloodied combat shirt. Several small pieces of the armour plate pierced her skin and were bleeding an exceptional amount.

(Y/n) grabbed Zatanna's blood soaked shirt and used the medical shears to cut up from her waist to just above the wound. When he examined the injuries he found that the armour had pierced her skin in several places just below her sports bra. (Y/n) wiped the area clean of blood the best he could and then pressed gauze against the wound and applied pressure.

Zatanna winced in pain and tried to laugh.

(Y/n): "Zee, you better not be laughing."

Zatanna: "Oh... it's funny that you think I'm going to die in these awful boots. Seriously, how do you fight them, they're so uncomfortable."

(Y/n): "They're not that bad, Zee. Hang on, I'm going to wrap this up."

(Y/n) started wrapping bandages just under Zatanna's bust and continued down to her stomach. He was incredibly careful when lifting her back up in order to wrap the bandages around her back but she still groaned in mild pain.

(Y/n): "Hey, don't you die on me. Zee. Stay awake."

Zatanna: "Oh calm down. It's a minor injury."

(Y/n): "Zee, if I was in your position, you'd be getting all teary-eyed."

Zatanna: "Not as much as you are now..."

(Y/n) wiped the tears that were building up and laughed.

(Y/n): "Your blood loss is making you delusional."

Zatanna: "Sure it is."

(Y/n): "Come on, let's get you out of here."

(Y/n) pulled Zatanna up and held her close as she steadied herself.

Zatanna: "I'm good, lead the way."

(Y/n): "No, I'm going to help you. You've lost a lot of blood."

Zatanna: "But-"

(Y/n): "Just let me help."

(Y/n) put Zatanna's arm around him and the two slowly exited the office they hid in.

(Y/n): "We've got to find..."

(Y/n) stopped dead in his tracks when he heard it. The chattering. The low animal like growling. It sent a chill through his spin. Zatanna took slightly longer to recognize it, but she tightened her grip on (Y/n)'s shoulder when she did.

Before them at the end of the hall stood two hunters. Smoke started to fill the hallway and fire alarms activated but were quickly silenced as the power cut. Emergency flood lights turned on with a loud thump. Zatanna and (Y/n) were at the wrong end and as a result, got blinded by the emergency lights.

When their eyes adjusted they were faced with several hunters in front of them. The two were frozen in fear. Zatanna didn't know what they were but she heard the fighting when she was rescued. (Y/n) on the other knew all about the Hunters and what they're capable of.

The two Hunters approached at a steady pace with their AK-19's drawn, the red lasers pointed directly at the two.

"Director."

The Hunters suddenly stopped and lowered their weapons. (Y/n) turned around as fast as he could with Zatanna leaning on him.

Crimson was standing directly behind them. Before (Y/n) could get out a word Crimson punched (Y/n) in the face. Zatanna let go of (Y/n) as he fell and threw a punch at Crimson. The Hunter simply caught her fist and punched her directly in the center of her injury. She winced in pain and tried to stagger back to put some distance between herself and the Hunter only for Crimson to hold her forearm in a death grip and send three more powerful punches directly into Zatanna's bandage wrapped chest.

When he finally let her fall down, she collapsed next to an unconscious (Y/n) and soon joined him as the pain overtook her and everything went black.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

2.1K 70 3
When the Young Justice team faces a formidable new enemy with powers beyond their comprehension, they find an unexpected ally in a new member - Y/N S...
31.1K 1.5K 43
'Just how far can one walk the path that has been set for them by others?' [Young justice]
9.2K 688 57
Wally's gone. Richard's gone. Willow's gone. Emma is too afraid of anyone else leaving her. Finding her home, her old life, and being asked a cer...
274K 5.9K 33
After becoming completely obsessed over Young Justice and getting this idea from others, I've decided to make my own series of Young Justice one shot...