Different.

By anythingbutnormal_

Kaylee was just another outcast. She was never part of the in crowd, in fact she never even really had a "cr... More

Chapter 1: Discovery
Chapter 2: The Stranger
Chapter 3: Returning
Chapter 4: An Invitation
Chapter 5: Down the rabbit hole
Chapter 6: More than meets the eye
Chapter 7: Special
Chapter 8: Not alone
Chapter 9: Training
Chapter 10: Progress
Chapter 11: Secrets
Chapter 12: Negotiation
Chapter 13: Unlikely Partners
Chapter 14: On the Horizon
Chapter 15: Close Call
Chapter 16: A Lesson in Magick
Chapter 17: Delusions of Grandeur
Chapter 18: Tangled
Chapter 19: Raw
Chapter 20: Fire and Ice
Chapter 21: Welcome to the club
Chapter 22: Kumbaya
Chapter 23: Bunk Buddies
Chapter 24: A Night of Surprises
Poll Time!
Chapter 25: Reunited

Prologue

53.9K 437 27
By anythingbutnormal_

Prologue

I remember the first time I ever did it. I remember that day better than any other. I remember the tears pushing past my stubborn green eyes. I remember pushing my thick, frizzy hair back from my face angrily. I remember that I could feel the blood pounding in my face fast and hard, almost as if it itself was furious. I remember I had shoved my feet into my converse and hastily tied the laces. I remember pulling a faded hood on over my head. I remember running. I remember feet pounding against the dirt road.

How had I gotten this far? Looking up, I had made it to some sort of park or something. I stood in the center of a teeny cobblestone bridge, wind whipping my charcoal colored hair round my pale face. The leaves of the trees all around me rustled restlessly, drowning out the sound of tires running over worn concrete. The sky a smokey gray.

To one side stood the city, though a bit hidden behind shrubbery and weeds, it was there.

To another opened up a forest filled with streams and large oak trees and berries and animals and more things to be discovered by a fresh pair of eyes.

If I hadn't somehow stumbled through those bushes, I'd never have found this place. I'd have walked right by, oblivious. Looking softly from the right to the left, I turned my back on the city and stepped through the vines and into the forest, this new and strange place swallowing me whole.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Super BLAND By MANGO

Teen Fiction

487 21 71
Alex and her friends are about as popular as used chewing gum, so why is someone following them, watching from the shadows and sending threatening no...
41 4 12
Beatrix,a teenage girl who doesn't know where she belongs,goes through many magical adventures.The event at first take place at her home town on Febr...
408K 22.4K 81
Being a teenager is hard enough. Try balancing friends, school, and crushes all while saving the world on the side. Dante Caslon is just your averag...
2.5K 119 21
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Diana grew up as any typical teenager would in upstate New York. She was her mother's pride and joy with plans to change th...