Chronos Rose | RWBY x EMIYA (...

Bởi goodanakingoos

After the attack on Beacon, Team RWBY and JNPR are left devastated at the loss of their friends and comrades... Xem Thêm

Tipping the Scales
Old Habits Die Hard
Back From The Grave
Kotomine's Plan
Forgiveness
Catching Up With Team RWBY
Back in Black
Little Puppet,
They Painted You Red
Reunion
King of Heroes
Recovery & Bonding
Babylon
Unexpected Saviour
Unlikely Friendship
Unknown to Death, Nor Known to Life
Assassin's Past
Welcome Back
Repent
Holy Grail War
Art of War

O Stars, Recount the Events of This Night

216 10 2
Bởi goodanakingoos

Ruby kicked away the rubble on top of her, reaching for air. It's fortunate she didn't turn to roses down there, otherwise, she would have practically been dead.

In the distance, Kotomine continues to summon Angra Mainyu into the world. There's no other Huntsmen in sight. They must all still be under the rubble, but it's fine. They all have Semblances, getting out is no challenge.

Archer is not far away. He sits on a piece of rubble, clearly injured beyond relief. He gave up his life for the Huntsmen.

He might have seemed insane at first for even suggesting to kill his own father, but deep inside him, the flame of the boy known as Shirou Emiya was still alight. The boy that was so traumatized by the events of that night, that he dedicated his entire being to protecting people and fighting for justice. The poor, weak boy was destined to have his life cursed under an adoptive father with unrealized dreams of his own.

As she was about to move towards Archer, someone placed both hands on her shoulder, turning her around, causing her to gasp, when she came back to her senses, she realized it was just Assassin. He seems mostly fine from the collapse of Atlas Academy.

They both share a silent song, but once he was relived that she was just fine, he let go of her.

Kiritsugu

"There's no time to waste. Let's go."

The first destination is Archer. The both of them take off towards him. Not a single word uttered from his mouth.

Ruby

"Archer... are you...?"

EMIYA (Archer)

"Yes. This is not the first time I've seen the Grail's mud. I'm going to fade away very soon."

He looks up at his father, the both of them sharing a cold frown with each other. They couldn't help it really.

EMIYA (Archer)

"Our sense of relief is going to disappear soon, the Grail War is coming to an end. Servants do not carry over their memories of the past war they've been summoned to, but regardless, I would like to let you know that I enjoy having your warmth one last time. I doubt we will be summoned in the same time period again."

Kiritsugu

"It is a miracle."

EMIYA (Archer)

"I agree. You will need to destroy that thing. It's not possible for you under normal circumstances. I have a construct that will kill me instantly, but it should prove enough to kill it. An old friend's tool..."

Closing his eyes, he put all his power into this single projection. A Divine Construct he would never normally project due to the sheer effects it would have on his body, but alas, this is a final resort. He's fading anyways.

The holy sword of King Arthur bestowed upon him by the lady of the lake, otherwise known as Excalibur. 

Kiritsugu intended on passing it's sheath to the boy in the fire. Archer must have summoned King Arthur using this as a catalyst, but even then, he must have had a deep bond with King Arthur, it's not possible for a person to project Divine Constructs no matter how good their projection is.

That's a nice way to pour salt in the wound. Kiritsugu also summoned Artoria Pendragon, but he was indifferent to her. She was more of a weapon than anything. At least it's nice she got some sort of friendship through Archer, but it must also mean that she was the one who revealed most of Kiritsugu's life.

EMIYA (Archer)

"It only has a single use. Make the best of it."

Immediately after, he starts to fade into blue particles, flying into the air just like Gilgamesh and Lancer both did, yet, he never broke eye contact with Kiritsugu.

Right before he was completely taken away, he cracked a smile as bright as the sun. Ruby grabbed Excalibur mid-air, a look of sorrow on her face as she inspected the sword.

Assassin immediately turned back to Kotomine. 

Kiritsugu

"Move, kid. There's not much time left."

His cold behavior may seem rude, but it is necessary. Kotomine's plan has come into fruition. Despite Lancer's warning, he's practically won. It's time to stop him before he gets any further.

Ruby followed, before stopping at a certain point in front of Kiritsugu.

The priest is alerted to the sound of their footsteps, turning around, a wide frown on his face.

Kirei

"I see how it is. Even all of Atlas Academy falling on your heads wasn't enough to put you down. Well, then. Child, perhaps you want a death similar to his."

Kotomine's hand extended towards the Grail's mud, taking a handful of it.

Normally, it would melt through his flesh, but given the fact that he had a heart made of this stuff before, it didn't have any effect on him.

Kirei

"I'll give you Kiritsugu's death!"

Assassin's eyes widen as Ruby stood there, stunned. The priest hurled the mud at her, but Kirtsugu tackled her to the ground. In exchange for his instinctive act, he got hit by the mud instead. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be doing much to him, for the time being that is.

Grabbing her by the hand, he guides her behind a cover, leaning against it.

Ruby

"Emiya! I'm so sorry, I should have dodged-- Are you okay?!"

He started to cough, placing a hand on his stomach.

Kiritsugu

"No... I know what the mud feels like. This is different. It's effects on Servants are different."

Great internal pain. Thoughts of violence, even against Ruby.

Vividly remembering his dream of choking her to death.

Kiritsugu

"Damn it...! I can't...! You should shoot me..!"

Ruby

"What the hell are you saying?! Why?!"

Kiritsugu

"The Grail's mud... I think..."

He suddenly reached for her throat without warning, but she managed to back away in time. His body moved on it's own. He would never attempt something like that against her.

Kiritsugu

"I can't control my body anymore. It must be controlling me...! Not even Avalon can reverse a curse from the mud, let alone this... just... do IT!"

Ruby

"No!"

She whimpered, covering her eyes.

Kiritsugu

"If you don't, then you'll have to deal with both me and Kotomine!"

He grit his teeth. He hated to do this. If he could do it himself, then he would, but he can't.

Taking in a deep breath, he lowered his tone of voice.

Kiritsugu

"It's alright. Please, just do it. For you and me both."

Wrestling control from the mud temporarily, he reached over to her and took her hands off her eyes, putting a hand on her cheek as he stared into her glossy eyes.

Ruby

"Emiya..."

Kiritsugu

"You know, I always considered you family. You're like my own daughter. I'm really proud of where I've gotten you. I have a strong feeling you might become a Servant in the future. If you do and happen to lose your name... then feel free to inherit my family name."

He backed away back into the wall he was leaning against, now breathing heavily.

Ruby looked to the side, gritting her teeth, her hand putting down Excalibur and slowly reaching towards the sheathed Crescent Rose with reluctance.

Once she pooled the strength to pull it out, she aimed it at her Servant, closing her eyes.

Kiritsugu

"It's alright... it's alright..."

And fire.

More blue particles are released into the air as she let go of her weapon, sobbing.

In his final moments, Assassin could see someone reach for him to drag him back. That mirage, that spirit is Irisviel. 

The same guardian angel that watched over him and saved his life so many times. The crashing of the aircraft, the fight against Gilgamesh, all of them would have resulted in his death had she not been there.

And just like that, his ideals have been once more passed on. She was an ally of justice from the start, but, this act granted her the ability to sacrifice her beloved for the greater good just like he did many times before. He has cursed yet another child's life.

She shouldn't let this sacrifice be in vain. Gathering herself, she grabbed onto her two weapons and Avalon from Assassin's body, starting to stand up, her legs trembling.

Assassin has already disappeared.

Mustering the courage needed, Ruby started to walk back towards Kotomine. Not hesitating one bit, she started her assault.

Kirei

"I see. Assassin has been eliminated."

Ruby tried to strike at his head from above, but he reached upwards, grabbing onto the blade of Crescent Rose. He was fairly strong physically, giving him the ability to snap the blade in half. Not even intimidated by this act one bit, Ruby grabbed onto one of the shrapnels of her weapon, pushing it straight into Kotomine's heart wound, causing him to gasp.

She tossed the leftovers of Crescent Rose to the side, walking past him. He turned around to retaliate, but she reacted before he could. Her hand formed into a fist, punching the shrapnel further into Kotomine's body.

Ruby

"DIE ALREADY, YOU BASTARD!!!"

What she didn't expect was Kirei grabbing her neck right after, attempting to strangle her to death.

Kirei

"No... I cannot let all I've done be in vain!"

She immediately retreated by turning into roses, backing away.

Ruby

"You... IDIOT! You're going to kill everything...?! That thing... it's evil!"

He took in a deep breath, grabbing onto the zipper of his jacket, pulling it down.

Kirei

"For animals of nature, there is no evil or good. They simply live, but... all humans are born neutral. It is not their actions that define them, rather, their feelings about them. Angra Mainyu will be the same, despite all his power, he will be a human in the end. There will be two people left on the Earth. How will the Grail feel about killing all beings? How will that other person feel towards the murderer of their family and the rest of mankind? Will he forgive him, or lash out at him in anger? That is what defines evil."

Once he had finished pulling down the zipper, he threw his jacket away, and dear lord, was he masculine under that thing. Ruby's eyes widen, losing all hope upon seeing him.

It's a wonder how the jacket hid his muscles. All that remains on his body now is a black t-shirt.

Kirei

"Ruby Rose, if you truly believe in what you are fighting for, then I challenge you one last time. My Servants have burned away, I do not have any Command Seals or weapons. We are on equal footing now. I will deny you this final victory."

Kotomine raised his cross necklace to his mouth once more. May the lord above give him strength.

Ruby sees it now.

The priest wants to discover his own nature. That's what he yearns for. Angra Mainyu is just the gateway to it.

Final Confrontation

Ruby immediately rushed in, attempting to strike at Kotomine, but he intercepted it, stepping to the side before grabbing onto her arm. A kick to her abdomen. That hurt like hell.

The priest is still an executioner of the church in the end, no matter his abilities. He still is trained to fight in hand-to-hand situations like these, but Ruby currently possesses Avalon. He won't be able to kill her, but he can stall her for long enough. She'll be the inevitable winner of this battle, but not the war.

She still has to give it her all. She rushed in again. The both of them trade blows. Kirei's did significant damage, Ruby's only a little. She wasn't used to this.

Meanwhile, it's three eyes look down upon the two combatants. Kirei was right. Angra Mainyu is not really evil, not until it feels proud of what it does to the inhabitants of the world. It currently feels curious about this fight, yet, an instinct tells him to be rooting for Kotomine.

The pain is vast, but she can stomach it for now. Her sheer adrenaline would probably drive her anyways, even without Avalon, but only temporarily.

Kotomine didn't even flinch from her attacks. At this point, she was getting more of a beatdown than anything. He backhands her. This is leading nowhere. She has to think fast, and think fast she did.

She quickly looked to her broken scythe, rushing over to it. Before Kotomine could react to it, she used it's rifle one last time and shot him, causing him to gasp once more.

That's it. The finisher.

He fell to the ground. Though, he didn't admire her in any way or shape, it was still a requirement to announce it.

Kirei

"Ruby Rose... you are the winner of the Fifth Holy Grail War..."

He let out with all his might, passing away not long after.

The winner of the FIfth Holy Grail War...?

No. She didn't want to be the winner of anything. She just wanted for everyone to live a happy life.

Panting, she walked past Kotomine's body and towards Angra Mainyu, unsheathing Excalibur and looking at it.

Holy light is emitted from it, the one to repel the Grail's darkness.

Thanks to all of you. The Emiya family. Lancer.

They all have fallen for her sake.

Their deaths have been paid back.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

4.7K 114 98
Beacon academy is full of surprises in the main timeline but what if, some more huntsmen and huntresses joined the cast. Team Arcc, Team Pyda and Tea...
1.1K 57 13
"After all this time... you still have the nerve to think I'd bend to your will!? Such arrogance... such foolishness!" "I'd be spitting on my ancesto...
88.2K 994 19
Due to a tragic incident that took place in Haven Academy, (Y/N) (L/N) was forced to move to Vale. After being recognized for his potential, he was a...
6.6K 156 20
With the coming of the Vital Festival and students from other schools coming to Beacon, everyone is under pressure to represent their school. For Y/N...