It was always written โœ”๏ธ

By Aax_axxx

"Alayna would be no Ayla Khan." Sequel to 'Maybe it was never meant to be...' Follow Ayla's daughter, Alayna... More

Dedication
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
๐Ÿ—ฃAnnouncement ๐Ÿ—ฃ
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Final A/N
Covers

Chapter 14

479 31 16
By Aax_axxx

The soft wisps of sunlight escaped through the gaps in the curtains and rested annoyingly on Alayna's face.

Irritated she rolled over to the other side.

The emptiness within was nothing new to her and, now, neither was the fire of vengeance.

Both had made their way into the young girl's heart and there is where they are going to reside for an eternity.

Two months had passed since that torturous night, and a lot of things had changed.

For one she didn't leave this room, she had moved herself and her belongings to one of the numerous rooms that this prison held.

She spoke to no one, not the man she was bound with by Nikah nor the maid he had hired for her after realising she wasn't going to do anything.

He had tried to get her to do the work so he wouldn't have to hire a servant. He screamed, growled, threatened, taunted, abused and everything else he could in his life but it didn't have any effect on her.

He wanted her to follow his orders, he didn't want anyone else knowing what went on within these lavish gates.

However, the maid had to be hired, his wife had refused to complete all of her obligatory duties. (Btw no where in Islam that a woman's job is to cook and clean for her husband, that would be culture talking not Islam.)

Zunair grunted as he pushed the door open to find his wife still sprawled over the bed.

He scowled, she was getting in his nerves now.

"Alayna, get up." He ordered.

No movement was heard.

No response was heard.

"Alayna, get up!"

Another order was given, but was ignored yet again.

Zunair tugged at his hair, the woman was driving him mad, she hadn't touched food properly in the past two months. He didn't need her tantrums as elections were coming up as well.

The elections had been a rocky road with another rival politician rising to seek the position that had Zunair's name all over it. And Zunair wasn't happy, he was losing supporters, losing votes and that was risking his position as President of Pakistan for the next 5 years.

A lot of his loyal supporters believed he had done a lot for the country, wherein fact he had just simply added more possessions to his mountain of valuables. He had made the odd noticeable change and that was all, but that didn't matter he had an army of narcissistic and misogynistic men that all followed him like blind sheep after he spoke words that they liked.

He needed to regain the lost supporters without losing his blind sheep, a mission that seemed almost impossible, with this and wife's tantrums, he was beginning to lose his temper much more quickly these days and he couldn't channel it towards his wife as she always remained out of his way, these days.

"Get up, and get ready. We need to go out." It wasn't going to be a date if that's you were thinking dear readers, he was going to drag her to the hospital, the maid had informed him that Alayna wasn't well and everything she had described to him were possible pregnancy signs.

He was hopefully going to be receiving his heir in a short amount of time.

He left the room promptly, ensuring that the surprise he had arranged for his dear wife after the hospital visit was prepared well.

Alayna heard everything, his shouting, his stupid grunts and thankfully the scuffling sound of his shoes leaving the room.

She slowly raised her body and massive wave of dizziness hit her forcing her to lay down flat again.

When was the last time she had seen the sun? Eaten properly? Smiled wholeheartedly?

When was the last time she felt free?

In her father's abode, but he was the one that had sold her to Zunair.

Nothing made sense to her, were the kisses, hugs, pearls of wisdom he had given her all fake?

Then what type of father did that make him?

Was he even worthy of such a title?

Questions like these bounced all around her mind, yet no answers followed.

Her heart pleaded some ease for the pain it was experiencing, yet it received none.

Was this what her mother experienced as well?

She cleared her mind, made it blank, that was her life now. No emotions were going to get in her way, she was going to get revenge for herself, even if she lives the rest of her life in sorrow.

She was going to get revenge for herself even if her mother didn't.

She may be a product of her mother but she wasn't going to allow her life to have the same ending.

With newfound hope and renewed intentions, Alayna pushed herself out of her bed and made her way to the wardrobe.

She had simply shoved all her belongings into this cupboard and given it the name of her new wardrobe.

She flung the doors open and all the pieces of clothing leaned forward as if to fall, Alayna flinched awaiting the avalanche of clothes to hit her but she felt no impact she saw nothing had moved.

Slowly, she pulled a white dupatta and the expected avalanche took place.

The previously spotless floor was now covered with clothing. She first retrieved the clothes she originally had reached for and began placing the rest of her clothes in the wardrobe, properly this time.

She was placing some of the clothes onto hangers whilst others she began to fold them. The task at hand was challenging, her muscles had become been quite acquainted with the lack of exercise she had been doing over the past few months.

She didn't know how she was going to execute her vow all she knew was that she had to do it, for herself, the sake of her ego and for the sake of her sanity.

She picked up a piece of clothing that she didn't recognise, it was heavily crumpled and was in fact inside out.

She turned the fabric round so she could see the right side of the cloth and that's when it dawned on her.

It was her mother's wedding dress.

She examined the fine detailing of it. The beautiful gems that had been stuck onto the cloth. The golden thread that trailed from the neckline right to the bottom of the dress. Perfect, it was just perfect.

She wondered how her mother looked on her wedding day, wearing this beautiful dress. Unluckily, her mind reminded her of the ugly truth. That her mother married her father.

She must have never have seen a minute of peace. Alayna's thoughts were right, Ayla never got to experience a moment of peace.

She was about to put the dress away, when something slipped out from inside the dress and landed on the floor with a low thud.

An envelope.

A single name.

Ismail.

Written in red block letters.

Was a truth going to be unveiled right now?

Wasting no time, Alayna ripped open the envelope and pulled out the letter.

Her eyes zoned in on the words that had been written.

Dear Ismail,

I pray that the other letter reaches you before this one.

I have only one purpose of writing this letter and that is to tell you that I never forgave you.

That letter was a lie, a deception. Just like you fooled around my feelings, I did the same with yours.

I gave you the chance to feel that sense of euphoria before I crushed it into smithereens.

The truth is I will never forgive you Ismail Hussain for what you did to me.

I pray you never live a moment of peace in this life and in the next.

I pray your soul will burnt just like you burnt mine.

I, Ayla Khan, pray that I could have killed you with my own bare hands. Your excruciating pain-filled death will only slightly soothe my burning soul.

I want you to be in my shoes one day, block every escape I had, be completely at someone's mercy.

I need you to experience the exact same suffering and pain that you caused me. Only then will my burning soul's fire cease a little.

Remember this once and for all that I Ayla Khan was unable to acquire my revenge.

But I just know someone else will take it.

From the unlucky woman who had the burden of calling herself your bride.

From the woman who prays nothing but pain and punishment for you.

From the cursed woman who will probably enter her grave in this venomous, bitter state.

Ayla Khan.

The intensity of the words written on the paper were to much for Alayna.

She placed the paper back within its envelope.

She could feel the venom dripping out of the words written in cursive on the yellowing page.

But her mother had every right, Ismail Hussain did not allow her mother to remain in ease, he f*cked up her life and never let her be.

She looked down at the pieces of paper in her hands. For some odd reason, she was drawn to the envelope.

This one was different to the ones she had her normal pieces of advice in, nonetheless Alayna recognised.

She grabbed her box from within the drawer and pried it open. She sifted through the first few letters and there it was an envelope that was different from others within the box, but the same as the one that I had just opened.

This one had 'daughter' written on the outside in beautiful cursive handwriting.

A wave of unsurety washed over her being.

Did she really wish to see what was written within the letter? But her curiosity got the better of her and she opened disregarding any conflicting doubts she had previously.

Dear my daughter,

I pray this letter reaches before the other one.

I wrote that letter under the pressure of him your so-called father.

Ayla was sat on the sofa, arms wrapped around her baby bump.

A paper and pen were placed into her hand, and Ismail commanded her, "write what I've told you to."

He had thought of the genius idea to split the twins up. Ayla would take one, he would take the other.

In this moment of time, the genders couldn't be identified, but he knew he wasn't going to let the heir of Hussain heritage disappear.

He warned her that she would never be allowed to enter the child's life if she left.

Ayla said she didn't care.

She knew something he didn't.

When you find out the truth I hide it's going to make you hate me. I honestly can't blame you, but I saw no other way out.

Everyone, every single person had blocked the ways of my freedom. And because of these people I was never happy.

I pushed myself into decisions I didn't really want, I put myself into situations that I knew would always turn out to be sour for me and dreams that would be smashed before they could even form.

My dear daughter don't repeat any of the mistakes I have made.

Make the people who made you suffer, suffer for years on end.

Take revenge, make them bleed tears of pain.

Don't ever soften your heart towards your abusers.

I love you, I love you, I love you with all my heart.

I'm sorry that you had to have such a weak and useless woman as your mother.

If I could turn back time I would.

I would do everything in my power to make sure that you don't suffer.

I'm sorry.

Please don't let your story end like mine.

I beg of you.

Oxygen refused to enter Alayna's lungs.

Her throat tightened up.

Droplets filled with pain left the corners of her eyes.

"Alayna!" A loud voice bellowed from downstairs, immediately Alayna stuffs the letters back into the box and shoves into the depths of the wardrobe.

She grabbed her clothes, a towel and bolted into the bathroom to have a shower with the contents of the letter still running through her mind.

An hour later she made her way downstairs, there was no one in sight.

She heard the sudden noise of a car starting up so she followed.

He was sat in his car, with a hard expression on his face, eyes following her every movement as she headed towards the car.

She took her seat at the front and turned to him.

The two engaged in a staring competition.

Just analysing the other.

There was no emotion in either of the eyes.

Alayna broke it off, turning her head and lightly clearing her throat.

"I would like to go to my father's home." She ordered calmly and confidently. Her voice was coarse and her mind was clear.

She needed to confront the man who she so lovingly called her father.

It was now or never.

******

So people, I want you to ask me questions, regarding this book, or even about me.

Ask whatever you wish and I will answer them all in another chapter.

SO ASK AWAY!

Hope you enjoyed!

Exams are in less than 2 weeks so I don't think there will be an update for sometime.

Sorry but education does come first.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.8K 2.1K 31
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
310K 18.5K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
205K 10.3K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
14.7K 352 39
"What did I ever do to you" i asked him with my tear filled eyes. He smirked coming closer to me with his head held low and looking into my eyes "you...