Love Behind Bars (COMPLETE)

Por Gnomegirl95

Poppy is a therapist working at a jailhouse and she never gives into the inmates but that all changes when sh... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 14

493 15 18
Por Gnomegirl95

Sunset is up to something; Branch asks Poppy a serious question as they grow closer to each other...

Branch was nervous. Sunset was out but he was being nice to him.

''Hey Branch, how are you doing?'' Asked Sunset who came over to him and Ryan who were playing cards.

The two looked at each other as Ryan raised an eyebrow and Branch kept a grim face.

''Um fine I guess.'' He said not taking his eyes off of Sunset.

''Oh, I see so has anything been happening since I was gone?'' He asked sitting next to Branch making him uncomfortable.

''No.'' Branch said.

''What do you want Sunset?'' Ryan asked glaring at the bigger troll.

''Nothing just talking gee what happened you two become friends since you share a cell?'' He asked questioningly.

''Yeah, nothing wrong with that.'' Ryan said.

Since Sunset was gone they moved Ryan to share a cell with Branch since they didn't trust Sunset around Branch.

''Alright I know when I'm not wanted.'' Sunset said standing up and walking away.

''Watch out Branch, he's up to something.'' Ryan said.

''I know that is what worries me.'' Branch was shaking a bit nervous.

''Don't worry actually you're considered a brave, stupid hero to most.'' Ryan said quietly.

''Why? Because you stood up Sunset and got him out of here believe it or not everyone is scared of him but now they kind of fear you. But us who are all in therapy we see you as a great hero, you saved our beloved therapist Poppy and that means a lot to us.'' Ryan said smiling at him.

Branch smiles a bit. ''I only did what any troll should do.'' Branch said.

''Well you certainly have the wardens approval, they are as pushy with you as the rest of us.'' He said as they finished the game.

''Want to play another round?'' Asked Ryan.

''No, I'm good.'' Branch said getting up.

He saw Sunset talking to a couple of his followers and he looked at Branch who was nervous but went to his cell and laid on his bed looking at ceiling thinking of Poppy who always filled his mind, he smiled a bit and wondered if they weren't interrupted would they of kissed? She was going out of her way to help clear his name and he owed her so much.

''Penny for your thoughts?'' He looked to see Sunset standing in the doorway.

He sat up and frowned. ''No, go away.'' Branch said.

''Hey I'm trying to make amends.'' Sunset said.

''Really? Because you've had it in for me since day 1 and I did stop you from raping Poppy and yet you're not mad at me.'' Branch pointed out.

''I had a lot of thinking time and I was in the wrong.'' Sunset said.

''Ok, then bygones be bygones.'' Branch said as Sunset left.

The next day Poppy went into work and saw Cooper at the computer.

''Hey Coop.''

''Hey Poppy, how's it going? You ok you look tired?'' Cooper noticed.

''Yeah, I'm fine.'' She said about to walk to the door.

''Oh Quincy wants to talk to you.'' Cooper said.

''Thanks.'' Poppy said walking to the office.

She knocked and went in and froze to see Quincy talking to non other of Creek, who turned and smiled at her.

''Ahh hello Poppy.'' He smiled.

''What's going on?'' She asked.

''Well Poppy, this is Creek as you know and he is representing Sunset if you decide to press charges.'' Quincy said.

''Against Sunset?'' She thought and knew Creek had lied to her and that Sunset had it in for Branch.

''Yes, after all he did attack you.'' Quincy said seriously.

''What happens if I press charges?'' She asked.

''Well, since he already serving a 20 to 30 sentence, you pressing charges of sexually harassment and rape in the first degree he'd be doing 30 to life giving his record.'' Quincy said.

''So why is he here?'' She nodded to Creek.

''In case you do press charges so I can get all the paperwork written out and to tell my client the bad news.'' Creek said going over to her flashing her a big smile.

''Plus he decided to drop by.'' Qunicy said.

Poppy nodded. ''Yeah, I'll press charges against him.'' 

Creek looked oddly calm but nodded. ''Very well, have you're lawyer contact me.''

He shook hands with Qunicy and he and Poppy left the office. ''I'm so sorry what happened and I will take care of it.'' Creek said.

''I hope so, I hope he gets life because giving his record he'll do it again.'' She said going into her office.

Creek was walking and nodded at Delta and he saw the door open and Hickory had Branch in tow to Poppy's office and he noticed the happy look on Branch's face and then it fell when he saw Creek.

Poppy was inside waiting and heard a knock on the door and in came her crush and she felt her cheeks turn red. Hickory looked at her.

''You ok Poppy?'' He asked.

''Yeah, fine thanks.'' She said.

He left Branch and shut the door.

The two stared at each other. ''So how are you doing Branch?'' She asked.

''I'm fine.'' He said.

''You look tired.'' She noted.

''Well I was up over the weekend worried about Sunset, he's been way too nice to me.'' He said.

''I pressed charges against him so chances are you won't have to deal with him.'' She said as they sat down.

''Great, so have you found anything new?'' He asked.

''I went and talked to Trollex and he told me about you two and what happened to you and that he knows you didn't do it.'' She said.

''Some friend.'' He said slumping back.

''The only reason he didn't come visit was because his boss Sky wouldn't allow him or anyone working for him to see you.'' She said scooting her chair closer.

''Of course Sky did.'' Branch frowns.

''But Trollex did say he saw the kid footprints but when the police showed up they were gone.'' She said.

''Not surprised whoever wanted me here made sure that I wasn't gonna get out.'' 

''If only we can find Marco, but he just disappeared.'' Poppy said.

''Probably cities away.'' Branch said.

Poppy looks at him and got that feeling again where her heart was pounding and without thinking she hugged him.

''It will get better.'' She said.

''Why are you doing this for me? I haven't done anything deserving of this treatment.'' He said holding both of her hands in his.

''Well you saved me, and I believe that you are innocent and were framed and it's not right to keep you here.'' She said sweetly giving him a half smile.

He smiled back. ''You're too good for me.'' He said softly.

She felt she was gonna melt, he was the sweetest troll she ever met and she knew he was the one. ''I-I just want to see you happy and free.''

He smiles and his hand cupped her cheek she looks at him and felt herself lean in and he did as well both eyes were half closed and their lips were inches apart, they stopped for a second before he closed the gap and they shared a kiss....

It was a soft, sweet gentle kiss that lasted a couple seconds and they pulled away, Branch turned red and blushes looking down.

Poppy lifted up his chin and looked at him blushing and smiling. ''Don't be sorry I-I wanted it.'' 

He smiles at her as they shared a hug. ''And I will do whatever I can to free you.'' She promised.

He nodded smiling. ''So what did you need from me?'' He asked leaning forward.

''I need to know all that you know about Marcus anything.'' She said.

They high fived and he told her all he knew.

Here we go. I hope you enjoy! Next Poppy and Branch work hard on the case while Poppy deals with her new found love and the upcoming trial.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

17.6K 687 18
Clover Mayfield decided to end her two year relationship with her abusive boyfriend. Obviously, he doesn't take that she's leaving him very well. So...
210 18 19
It's Poppy's first year at Preaston College, excited and overwhelmed is an understatement. With the anxieties of her freshman year looming over her...
323 4 17
Bethany aspires to find her soulmate. She goes through trial and error until she realizes her soulmate is someone she can't be with due to a friendsh...
70 3 8
Caught between loyalty to her savior and the allure of forbidden passion, Raine must navigate the treacherous waters of love, desire, and danger, as...