𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐄𝐬�...

By SavannaWritess

Everly Blossom is a princess, adopted into the Royal Family by the King and Queen of England. Everly doesn't... More

Author's Note
Aesthetics
Prologue
1 | dreaming
2 | new beginnings
3 | the bodyguard
5 | tricks
6 | faker
7 | marriage
8 | tears
9 | geek
10 | mcdonald's
11 | movies
12 | hurt
13 | sparks
14 | sweetheart
15 | blushing
16 | pretty dresses
17 | brave
18 | laughter
19 | enemy
20 | saved
21 | distraction
22 | orgasm
23 | army
24 | handy work
25 | teasing
26 | lick
27 | intimate
28 | caught meddling
29 | yours
30 | sit on my face
31 | wedding dresses
32 | insecure
33 | dirty minds
34 | secret revealed
35 | cable ties
36 | moral support
37 | say something
38 | love
39 | bedroom kisses
40 | what's netflix?
41 | pussy cats
42 | freedom
43 | jealousy hurts
44 | meet the parents
45 | the truth of therapy
46 | don't let me go
47 | vibrators
48 | be rough with me
49 | i got a job
50 | touch her, lose your hands
51 | dominate me
52 | you are my life
53 | board games
54 | forever
Epilogue
Bonus Chapters
My Other Books

4 | doubts

19.5K 506 154
By SavannaWritess

The spare bedroom is larger than my whole apartment put together. Never have I seen a spare room look so characteristic, matching the rest of the plush castle. My belongings have already been brought up by the maids and neatly placed next to the king sized bed.

I take one glance around, shutting the door behind me. The bed is covered in champagne coloured sheets, plump pillows and a thick throw laying across the foot of the bed. Two wooden bedside tables with two gold crafted lamps.

Across one side of the room is a set of velvet sofas, one with a long loveseat and a clear glass table sitting between them.

My eyes float to the ceiling, sophisticated patterns engraved into the material. Complementing the crystal clear chandelier hanging from the centre with a golden dimmed light inside.

To the left of my bed is a door leading into the en-suite, a large waterfall shower made into a wet room. Next to that Is a large white bath with curved edges and chrome taps. An array of toiletries lined up across the windowsill, fresh towels and an automatic air-freshener.

For the royal family, I wasn't expecting anything less than perfect. Not that it bothered me where I sleep t or if the sheets are made out of Egyptian cotton and the pillows are stuffed with real duck feathers. None of that mattered because it's materialistic and possessions don't make you happy.

I walk back into the room and press my fingers to the bed, the softness caressing my fingers in a lingering touch. At least I knew I'd be getting a good night sleep, the bed felt nothing like my lumpy mattress back home.

My wrist raises to my eyes, taking one look at my watch. I start directly at seven o'clock, meaning I have an hour or so to get myself ready, unpack my things and make myself at home.

You're not going to last five minutes. The Princesses determined voice floats through my head.

If she thinks I'm going to back down to her, then she's got another thing coming. That smug look on her face made my blood boil, the King is a kind man and she retaliates like a troubled teenager.

She's in her twenties yet she acts immature, from what I can see anyway.

I empty my suitcase and hang up my shirts and fold my trousers neatly, lining my shoes up against the wall. My eyes take one glance in the mirror and I change my white shirt for a black one, leaving the top buttons undone.

Tucking the shirt into my dark trousers, the belt clinging to my hips. I roll the sleeves up to my elbows and adjust the length so my forearms are on show.

I remove my phone from my pocket and place it on charge directly next to my bed, keeping an eye on the time. Five minutes till the King wants me to start guarding Everly.

Once I'm ready I take a step outside my room, shutting the door firmly behind me and proceed down to the ground floor. I nod at the maids and other guards I encounter until I hear voices coming from the dining room.

I raise my knuckles and brush the carved grand door.

"Yes?" Richard calls out.

My hand presses to the door and I take a step inside, the King and Queen sat around the stupidly large table, one at each end and Everly in the middle. Her eyes don't meet mine, they lay firmly on the dish in front of her.

"Grayson," Richard smiles, checking his pocket watch. "Right on time."

I walk close to the table, letting the door shut behind me. My eyes flick to the Queen and admire her dark curly hair reaching her shoulders, bright red lipstick on her mouth with pearly white teeth.

"Your majesty," I bow my head to her.

"Pleased to meet you, Grayson. Please call me Ethel." She smiles in my direction, the crinkles of her skin beside her eyes showing.

I dismiss myself and stand by the door, hands behind my back and facing the opposite wall. They hadn't finished their dinner yet but I didn't want to be a second late. This job is important to me and I need to show that I am committed. That includes being punctual.

"Come on, Everly," Ethel grumbles. "You've barely eaten anything and we asked the kitchen to make this specifically for you."

Everly doesn't respond and I continue to stare at the wall.

Richard grunts disapprovingly. "You love spaghetti bolognese."

"You guys don't know anything about me."

"Don't be so ridiculous," Ethel tuts.

"I said I love spaghetti once and now you use that as some kind of leverage to say you're doing something nice for me," her voice is quiet but her words sound like poison.

I can see out of the corner of my eye as the Queen glances at the King, no one says anything for a few moments and even I could feel the tension in the air. I didn't even know these people and it made my skin chill, the dead silence in a loud echoey room.

Stop being nosey, Gray. I scold myself. I'm here to work, not to get in on the new gossip. Ignore them unless you're spoken to.

Minutes go by and nothing has been said, I take a quiet breath and tighten my hands around my wrists. Making sure that my back is straight and my eyes are forward.

"Then what do you like, Everly?" Richard finally asks.

I blink once, pushing out their voices but I can't. It's the only thing I can focus on in this cold room.

"You recycle the same five dishes, I don't even know what I like because you barely give me an option. It's not like you'd even let me choose. I never have a say in this house."

Her tone sounds like a harsh slap and I find my jaw tensing, she sure is a spoiled girl who has no idea what to be grateful for.

"That's incredibly rude of you," Ethel dismisses. "We do so much for you, feed you, clothe you, give you a beautiful place to live. Your attitude is insulting to me and your father. I can't believe what you've turned out to be."

"Turned out to be?" She scoffs. "You guys made me like this!"

A clang of utensils against plates rushes to my ears but I don't move my eyes. "The things you come out with are laughable." Richard's voice isn't soft, it's a warning.

"I'm done," she growls, the sound of a chair being pushed against the floor vibrates through the wooden boards. "I'm so done with this."

"Sit down Everly Blossom," Ethel snaps.

"No."

She loops around the table and I finally take this chance to look at her, she walks towards the grand set of doors but doesn't look at me once.

"Get back here Everly!" Richard shouts, twisting his body around to watch her stalk away. "You're only allowed to leave the table when I say so."

"What are you going to do?" She laughs sadly to herself but it's clear she doesn't find this situation funny. "Tie me to the chair and get this clown to spoon feed me?"

Her hand points to me but she still refuses to glance my way, my eyes begin to narrow but I keep myself composed as she shoots out of the double doors.

I look at the King once and he nods at me, I nod back and follow the Princess through the house. She's already far ahead of me but with her little legs, she's got nothing on mine. In a couple of large steps I had already caught up with her.

She rushes up the stairs and I stay firmly behind her, as we reach the landing she looks over her shoulder. Her blue eyes invading my face, deep sadness behind them.

"You're lucky I'm too tired and annoyed to mess with you tonight," she grumbles. Her shoulders slump and you can tell that she's physically and mentally exhausted, from what... I'll never know. It's like she's been in her own head for far too long and she can't get out, her eyes look distant and for a second I almost feel sorry for her but I don't, why should I? She's trying to sabotage my job, threatening me with it. Never could I feel sorry for someone like her.

The royal family are in a world of their own. The outside world doesn't exist to them.

She's living the life here, the world is her oyster and she wants to destroy a kingdom that her parents have made for her.

Our eyes meet for a brief moment but I don't let her comment affect me, her words mean nothing. She can do her worst and it still won't push me away, I'll do everything in my power to keep this job.

It's like she's expecting my expression to be animated from her words like they'd some how wound me, waiting for me to retaliate to her petty comment. I won't live up to her childish games, this is my life, my job and she's not going to ruin that.

Everly swipes her brown hair over her shoulder and turns away from me sharply, flying down the corridors of the castle. I keep close to her but she doesn't look back, she twists and she turns and she pushes her way into one of the rooms.

The loud slam vibrates the walls and I presume she's found her safe haven which is her bedroom.

I exhale a sharp breath and shake my head, settling outside the door and facing the cream coloured wall. Hands behind my back and my eyes up at the ceiling.

This might be a painful couple of months but it'll be worth it for the money, before I know it I'll be back doing what I do best and out fighting with some people I call family.

If I can get through four years of fighting war, I'm sure I can get through a few months of guarding. Even if the Princess seems like an arrogant and unappreciative girl.

I'll forget this ever happened once I'm back and positioned within the army. This is only temporary and I'll have to deal with it for now.

It's just a job. She's a just a client.

Once it's over I'll never have to see any of them again.

♛ ♛ ♛

Author's Note
Read up to chapter 10 on Patreon. Link in bio!

Hello darlings, what did we think of this chapter?

Please don't forget to vote! It will make my day🥰🥰🥰

I very much enjoy being in Grayson's head and seeing it from both sides. Do you prefer the dual POV instead of just one?

Question: What is your favourite physical book?

I'm getting back into reading and would love some of your recommendations of your fav books!

Hope everyone is well. See you all on the next one. Love, Savanna x

Insta: SavRose.x
Patreon: dreammcatcher
Tik Tok: savanna.rose.x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3M 273K 63
She leaves her family to live with a man she has never met. She's only read about him, and knows the hell she's getting into, but she does this to sa...
21K 1K 61
#2 watty16 9/09/2018 #1 triangle 15/09/2018 #4 historical fiction 23/09/18 #12 arrangement 23/12/18* Immerse yourself in the scandalous secrets of hi...
1M 35.5K 34
"You have to stop doing that." "Stop doing what?" "Saying things that makes me want to kiss you when I can't."    Becoming the prince's personal b...
918K 26.1K 45
Liam Knight, a 28-year-old assigned as a personal bodyguard for his boss's sister. Phoebe Black, a 27-year-old who's only ever known how to be indep...