THE PATH OF LIFE || U. SASUKE

By Rellashire

Shirazaki Y/N, childhood best friend of Uchiha Sasuke, has a complex and conflicted journey ahead. United by... More

CHARACTER INFORMATION + DISCLAIMER
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44 - I
CHAPTER 44 -II

CHAPTER 12

1.8K 49 11
By Rellashire

THIRD PERSON POV

Naruto was tied to the stump. Sasuke and Sakura came as Kakashi handed them their lunch. Y/N then came walking very slowly tired due to excessive use of Chakra and Kakashi handed her the lunch. 

Her B rank Jutsu took a lot of toll on her. She was slightly panting but made sure to not make it visible as she did not wanted to appear as a weakling so she put a strong front in front of others.

She can't believe that she was not able to take a single bell from Kakashi. She had trained so hard all these years and now it is going to waste. And now she had to go back to that academy. The thought made her disappointed and angry at the same time.

But she was determined the next time she fight Kakashi she wasn't gonna lose and was gonna become a full fledged Ninja and fulfill her dream. If she cannot then there was no meaning in her being alive.

Kakashi then stated "You guys look really hungry.... By the way, something about the training.....well, there is no need for you to go back to the academy."

Naruto looked happy thinking he passed, Inner Sakura cheered as she wondered out aloud "What? All I did was lay unconscious. Is that okay?" 

Sasuke look a little relieved and Y/N looked at the Jonin in confusion.  'There is no way he would pass us. The bells still did not even reach within our grasps...I could only touch them and I am sure that wouldn't count'

Naruto exclaimed "Then all four of ....!!!"

"Yup, all four of you should quit being Shinobi" Kakashi said earning surprised looks from them.

"Quit as Shinobi?!! What does that mean" Naruto yelled "OK! OK! We couldn't get the bells but why should we quit" Sakura questioned.

"Because all of you are just punks who don't deserve to be shinobi" Kakashi said.

Sasuke got mad and dashed towards Kakashi as he pulled Sasuke to the ground and sat on him with his foot on Sasuke's head. 

Y/N glared at Kakashi as she repeated his words on her mind something similar to what her sister previously said to her 'Don't deserve to be shinobi' and threw a kunai at him as he caught it easily.

Y/N clicked her tongue in annoyance 'How can he say that...quit being Shinobi when all my life I dreamt of one'

"See, that's why you are a punk" Kakashi said looking at Sasuke.

"NO!! Don't step on Sasuke" Sakura shouted as Kakashi ignored her and continued.

"Are you guys underestimating shinobis? Huh? Why do you think you were divided into teams and are doing this training?" Kakashi narrowed his eyes at them

"Huh! What does that mean?" Sakura questioned.

"Basically, you guys are not understanding the meaning of the test" Kakashi said

"Answer?" Naruto asked in confusion

"So when are you going to tell us" Sakura asked

Y/N looked at the two annoyingly wondering why they couldn't know such an easy answer. "Teamwork" Y/N mumbled only for her to hear but Kakashi caught on it.

"Yes, Y/N it was teamwork" Kakashi said as the others look at her in surprise and he continued "The four of you working together might have gotten the bells"

Suddenly Sakura shouted "Hey, what do you mean by teamwork, there are only three bells!! Even if we work together and get the bells, one of us would still fail. It will just make us fight each other"

Kakashi then narrowed his eyes "Of course!! This test is purposely made to fight among yourselves" Sakura and Naruto looked at him dumbfounded as he continued

"The purpose is to see whether you can forget about your own interest and successfully work together under these designed circumstances.....Yet you guys....Sakura, instead of Naruto, who was right next to you...you were only thinking about Sasuke, who was far away. Naruto!! You were just running around by yourself. Sasuke!! You just assumed others would get in your way"

He pause as he continued with a sigh "And Y/N!! You were trying to be independent and tried to do everything by yourself...Even though you understood that you have to work in a team in the middle of the battle you refused to accept any help"

Everyone looks down taking in or absorbing the words of their Sensei as he speaks 

"The duties are done by the team. Of course, superior individual ability is important to a shinobi. But whats more impotant is 'teamwork' ....Individual play that disrupts the team can put your comrades in danger. And even get you killed......" He trails of in disappointment and he paused a moment to let them take it all

Kakashi then glanced at Sakura who stood to close to Naruto with Y/N a little far from them after attacking Kakashi with a Kunai and said 

"For example, Sakura!! Kill Naruto. Or Sasuke and Y/N dies!!" Kakashi pointed his kunai to Sasuke and Y/N.

Both Naruto and Sakura panicked while Y/N and Sasuke held a stoic expression as Kakashi continued 

"You see? If a hostage is taken, you will have tough choices and then die. You will be risking your lives in these duties"

Kakashi then walked towards the KIA stone talking about the Shinobi names carved in the stone recognized as heroes of the village and also telling about his best friends.

Kakashi then stated "you guys... I'll give you one more chance. But after lunch I'll make it even tougher to get the bells....Those who still wish to challenge can eat lunch. But don't give any to Naruto"

"Huh" Naruto yelled.

"Its punishment for trying to eat by yourself. If anyone gives him any food, they will fail immediately...I am the rules here!! Got it?" Kakashi glared

Kakashi then poofed away leaving the four of them with Naruto tied to the stump while the rest of them took the lunchbox Kakashi gave them.

Y/N looked at Naruto wondering if she should share the food as her eyes roamed in search of Kakashi who has forbidden them to give any food to Naruto.

"Heh!! I don't need any food I am fine" Naruto exclaimed as his stomach growled.

'Hmm, if Naruto doesn't have the strength he might hold me back' Y/N thought

Y/N and Sasuke put their food in front of Naruto and said in unison "Here"

"Hey Y/N chan, Sasuke kun, Sensei just said...." Sakura started to say

"Don't worry. I don't sense him near here" Sasuke said

"After lunch we will work together and get the bells" Y/N stated

"Without food, he'll just be in the way and that will only hurt us" Sasuke said Y/N's previous thoughts aloud.

Y/N then shoved the food in Naruto's mouth not caring how it nearly choked him and suddenly Sakura extended her lunch.

Suddenly smoke started enveloping and it disappear revealing Kakashi "What's this!! You guys...." 

Everyone freaked out "...Pass" Kakashi said with a closed eye smile.

"Huh!!?" They all asked in confusion

"Pass? But why?" Sakura questioned

"You guys are the first. Everyone else would just do whatever I told them. They were all just morons. A shinobi must see through underneath the underneath. In the world, those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum" Kakashi stated.

'He is so cool' Naruto thought and Sakura looked at him with awe.

'Abandon their friend. Huh' Y/N thought as she looked over at Sasuke who was already glancing at her.

Kakashi then stated breaking their stare as they looked at him "That ends the training. All of you pass!! Starting tomorrow Team 7 will begin its duties"

Naruto then cheered as everybody walked away leaving Naruto tied to the stump as Naruto shouted "Hey!! Don't leave me!!"

☫━━━━━━━✧༝┉˚*❋━❉━☫━❉━❋*˚┉༝✧━━━━━━━☫

THIRD PERSON POV

Y/N walked to her home with a stoic expression on her face. While on her way she saw Team 10 which included Nara Shikamaru, Yamanaka Ino and Akimichi Choji.

Y/N was about to go past them minding her own business when Ino yelled "Hey Shikamaru, it's Y/N"

Shikamaru looked at Y/N with a frown on his face and a nonchalant expression.

Ino jumped and exclaimed "Let's go talk to her"

Choji grumbled "You only want to talk to her because Sasuke is in her team and Besides she has that aura 'don't come near me'"

Shikamaru rolled his eyes and Ino blushed before shaking her head "No!!! I just wanna talk to her and know if they passed the test"

"What a drag!" Shikamaru grumbled "Good Luck in making her talk" He called out to Ino who was making her way towards Y/N.

Choji stuffed his mouth with food before mumbling "Weren't you friends with her. I had seen you two hanging out"

Shikamaru froze as he recalled his memory.

☫━━━━━━━✧༝┉˚*❋━❉━FLASHBACK━❉━❋*˚┉༝✧━━━━━━━☫

"What a drag!! I forgot my money." Young Shikamaru muttered under his breath

"Hello Yagi San, Can you pay mine and this pineapple head's money"

Shikamaru got startled by the new voice as she had helped a complete stranger and she also called him pineapple head. She had short black hair and had purple eyes who looked not older than seven

"I don't need your money" Shikamaru said emphasizing your.

The girl smirked  "Oh...then you don't want this Roasted Fish Fillet...I can see you all drooling over it"

Shikamaru blushed in embarrassment as he tried to hide his face "No...No I didn't say I didn't want it"

Shikamaru was obviously flustered and he was already dying to eat his favourite food so he sighed in defeat.

Y/N had a smug smile after he accepted the food "Now you owe me"

"Huh!!" Shikamaru looked confused as Y/N explained " You will one day help me when the time comes" Y/N smirked

"What a drag!!" Shikamaru grumbled as they both exited the shop.

"So what's you name" Shikamaru asked the girl "Shirazaki Y/N"

"And what's yours if you wanna tell me or should I call you pineapple head" Y/N said teasingly as Shikamaru shook his head  "No call me Shikamaru, Nara Shikamaru"

Y/N then held Shikamaru's wrist "Let's go to my place. I will show you how cool my sister is" Y/N never wasted any opportunity where she could brag about her sister.

Shikamaru could see the stars sparkling out of her purple eyes and knowing he cannot back out he sighed in defeat and muttered "Fine"

Y/N and Shikamaru reached the Shirazaki compound where he felt really awkward seeing everyone staring at him with those famous amethyst eyes.

The clan looked like did not accepted anyone outside the clan and he could see it in their eyes. However Y/N was totally oblivious because whenever she looked at them she would be greeted by a warm smile.

"Mother. I am home" Y/N called out as she entered her house which looked very bog than the rest of the house

"Your house is so big than the others" Shikamaru said. 

Y/N turned to him and beamed at him with a proud smile "Of course!! After all my father is the head of the clan" Shikamaru nodded in agreement as he looked around the house

He then looked only finding a woman with same features as Y/N "Y/N, you have been gone for long time. Where were you?"  Her mother's soft voice called out

"Mother!! I met a new friend" She gestured towards Shikamaru "This is Nara Shikamaru and Shikamary this is my mother"

"A Nara!" Her Mother muttered surprised as they tilted their head giving confused looks as Mizuhi shook her head and smiled warmly at Shikamaru "It's good to have you, Shikamaru. Please make yourself comfortable"

Shikamaru bowed "Thank you Mrs Shirazaki" Mizuhi waved her hand and before going back she turned to Y/N "You are going to get a toothache if you eat that many Dangos"

Y/N smiled cheekily "Mother, Where is Katsumi Nee San?"

"She just left the house 5 minutes before. I suppose she had an urgent mission" Mizuhi said

"Oh" Y/N muttered feeling a bit disappointed that she can't show her new friend to her sister "Guess we will meet my sister some other time"

Shikamaru nodded as they prepared to eat the food they bought from the store meanwhile having small talks. He was surprised to see how they talked formally even in their houses.

She was totally different person who was taunting him outside. Well now he understands how noble clans work

SHIRAZAKI Y/N

☫━━━━━━━✧༝┉˚*❋━❉━FLASHBACK END━❉━❋*˚┉༝✧━━━━━━━☫

They continued too meet occasionally for 4 months but stopped after the massacre.

"Hey Y/N" Ino called out to the girl who turned to them with a stoic expression

"Did your team pass?" Ino questioned as Y/N nodded "Woahhh!! I knew it you guys would pass. After all your team has our top students"

Y/N started to walk away as the three sweat dropped.

Ino sighed "She is still not much of a talker" as Choji nodded in agreement. Shikamaru stood there with a frown on his face as he muttered "Women are troublesome"

Y/N POV

I walked to my house remembering the encounter I had with Team 10. I saw Shikamaru standing there with a frown on his face. He and I were acquaintances.

But we drifted apart from each other after the incident. I didn't tell anyone where I was living so people wouldn't annoy me or invade my personal space as I wanted to be alone. And it's not like anybody would care.

I miss being in my clan compound where people would laugh, cherish and even celebrate the small incidences.

I sighed as I clenched my hand into fists. It all stopped just because of one person who took everything from me. Every ounce of happiness.

Anyway I don't need such things as happiness or any feeling. It will only make me weak that is why that person was strong 

☫━━━━━━━✧༝┉˚*❋━❉━☫━❉━❋*˚┉༝✧━━━━━━━☫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

907K 33.9K 68
After her clan massacre and the death of her brother, Yuyan Hane travels to Konoha and is saved by Konoha's distinguished Itachi Uchiha who raises he...
184K 7.1K 72
Sasuke Uchiha has just reencountered with Naruto after first seeing Sakura and Kakashi after a while: "Why are you fixated on me?! Why do you care?!"...
920K 35K 95
You have watched her grow from a baby; you have watched her struggles and witnessed her losses. You have cried for her defeats and felt the pain from...
107K 3.9K 34
Kakashi x Reader You suddenly find yourself stuck in "Naruto's" world without knowing why, and were taken in by the Leaf village as one of the infamo...