A To Z Greek Mythology

By ardaciccone

A To Z Every Greek Goddesses, Gods, Creatures More

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
Z

L

53 3 0
By ardaciccone

Lacedaemon - Mortal king, son of Zeus and Taygete, husband of Sparta, father of Amyclas and Eurydice, King of Laconia

Ladon - Monster, offspring of Phorcys and Ceto. Guardian of the Golden Apples and the Garden of Hera.

Laertes – Greek hero, son of Arcesius and Chalcomedusa, father of Odysseus and Ctimene. King of the Cephallenians. Occasionally named Argonaut and Calydonian Hunter.

Laestrygon - Son of Gaia and Poseidon, ancestor of the Laestrygonians.

Laestrygonians - Monsters, tribe of cannibalistic giants, descendants of Lastrygon, encountered by Odysseus.

Lamia - Mortal queen, daughter of Belus or Poseidon, lover of Zeus, mother of Acheilus.

Laocoon - Mortal seer, father of Antiphantes and Thymbraeus. Seer associated with Troy.

Lapithus -  Mortal king, son of Apollo and Stilbe, husband of Orsinome, father of Phorbas, Periphas and Diomede. King of the Lapiths

Lelantos - Second generation Titan, son of Coeus and Phoebe, brother of Leta and Asteria, father of Aura. Greek god of unseen breezes.

Lelex - Autochthonus king, father of Meles and Polycaon amongst others, king of Laconia.

Leto - Second generation Titan, daughter of Coeus and Phoebe, mother of Apollo and Artemis, Greek Goddess of Motherhood.

Leucippus -  Mortal king, son of Perieres and Gorgophone, husband of Philodice, father of Hilaira and Phoebe, King of Messenia.

Lipara - Hesperides nymph (occasionally named). Daughter of Nyx (occasionally Atlas). Greek goddess of the Evening and the Golden Light of Sunset, name means Perseverance.

Lips – Minor Anemoi god, possible son of Astreaus and Eos. Greek god of the Southwest Wind.

Lupa - Algea goddess, daughter of Eris. Greek goddess of Pain and Grief.

Lycomedes – Mortal king, father of Deidamia, and six other daughters. King of Scyros.

Lycneus (i) - Mortal hero, son of Aphareus and Arene, brother of Idas, Argonaut and Claydonian Boar hunter

Lynceus (ii) - Mortal king, son of Aegyptus and Argyphia, husband of Hypermnestra, father of Abas. King of Argos.

Lyssa – Early goddess, daughter of Nyx and the blood of Ouranus. Greek goddess of Mad Rage.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 1.3K 36
If you would've told Percy Jackson a year ago he wasn't the only prophecized demigod with the weight of the world on his shoulders, he would've been...
9.6K 642 8
Many years ago, the gods ruled over the land and were worshipped by all. But as man grew more advanced, they soon faded into myth, and left the realm...
4.9K 200 33
We met, we fell in love. Everything was perfect, simple but then everything changed. Derek wasn't the man I thought he was but the son of a Greek God...
218K 9K 26
There's something strange about Laila Rose. She use to be a normal girl. One who had a boyfriend and a best friend who she loved dearly. One who's b...