A To Z Greek Mythology

By ardaciccone

A To Z Every Greek Goddesses, Gods, Creatures More

A
B
C
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
Z

D

99 5 0
By ardaciccone

Daedalion - Mortal king, son of Eosphorus and father of Chione.

Daedalus – Mortal craftsman, possibly son of Metion and Alcippe, father of Icarus. Legendary craftsman, designer of the Labyrinth and first man to fly.

Danaans - Greek people, descendants of Danaus, synonymous with Achaeans and Argives.

Danae - Mortal princess, daughter of Acrisius and Eurydice, lover of Zeus, mother of Perseus. Princess of Argos.

Danaids - Mortal princesses, 50 daughters of King Danaus by various wives, including Hypermnestra.

Danaus - Mortal King, son of Belus and Anchinoe, brother of Aegyptus, father of the 50 Danaids. King of Libya and Argos.

Daphne - Naiad daughter of Ladon, beloved by Apollo.

Dardanus - Mortal son of Zeus and the Pleiad Electra. Founding King of Dardania and ancestor of the line of Troy.

Deianira - Mortal princess, daughter of Oeneus and Althaea, sister of Meleager, wife of Heracles.

Deidamia – Mortal princess, daughter of Lycomedes, lover of Achilles, and mother of Neoptolemus. Later married to Helenus.

​Demeter - Olympian goddess, daughter of Cronus and Rhea, mother of Persephone. Greek goddess of Agriculture.

Despoena - Olympian era goddess, daughter of Poseidon and Demeter. Greek fertility goddess.

Deucalion (i) – Mortal king, son of Prometheus and Pronoia, husband of Pyrrha. Survivor of the Great Flood, and mythical ancestor of most Greeks.

Deucalion (ii) – Greek hero, son of Minos and Pasiphae, father of Idomeneus and Crete. Argonaut and Calydonian Hunter.

​Dike – Horai goddess, daughter of Zeus and Themis. Greek goddess of Justice

Dione (i) - Alternate name of the Titan goddess Phoebe, thus daughter of Ouranos and Gaia, closely associated with the Oracle at Dodona.

Dione (ii) – Oceanid Nymph, daughter of Oceanus and Tethys, occasionally named wife of Zeus.

Dione (iii) – Hyades Nymph, daughter of Atlas and the Oceanid Pleione, wife of Tantalus, mother of Pelops, Broteas and Niobe.

Dione (iv) – Naiad Nymph, daughter of Nereus and Doris.

Dionysus – Olympian god, son of Zeus and Semele, husband of Ariadne. Greek god of Wine.

Dodona - Oceanid daughter of Oceanus and Tethys, with the settlement of Dodona possibly named after her.

Doris – Oceanid daughter of Oceanus and Tethys. Wife of Nereus, and mother to the Nereids.

Dorus - Mortal, son of Hellen, husband of orseis, father of Aegimus, Tectamus and Iphthime, ancestor of the Dorians

Dryas - Mortal hero, son of Ares, Calydonian Hunter and present during Centauromachy

Dysis - Horai goddess, daughter of Helios. Horai associated with the sunset.

Dysnomia – Daughter of Eris. Greek goddess of Lawlessness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 165 17
[The Titans Curse-The Last Olympian] [book #1 of The Moon and The Star series] Percy Jackson has experienced many things, he prevented a war two year...
9.7K 653 8
Many years ago, the gods ruled over the land and were worshipped by all. But as man grew more advanced, they soon faded into myth, and left the realm...
45.6K 1K 16
❝ 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 πŒπ€π™π„π’, π†πŽπƒπ’ 𝐈'𝐌 π†π„π“π“πˆππ† π“πˆπ‘π„πƒ ❞ or their friendship is stronger than ever but something doesn't add up...
41K 1.2K 29
When we finally got peace and humanity was doing 100 times better, some idiot decided to start the 3rd World War. The entire world became a battlefie...