Dystopian zombie era

Por CatFroste

Darcy's life was finally getting good. She felt like personally thanking the universe for her luck, really. T... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 23

94 4 4
Por CatFroste

Darcy

"I can't believe we're doing this." Coral mumbles under her breath as she stacks the chairs away from the door. I have a scissor in each of my hands. Brandon is holding my baby and the bags with all the baby stuff and food. There aren't many good choices of weapons in this library which is why I have scissors. Ruby has her knife and Coral and Scarlett each have a big hardcover book.

They were against the idea of going out and I can't blame them. Brandon didn't say anything but I'm glad he's here. I really hope the others are okay.

We should look for a phone while we're at it and see if we can call anyone. "Does anyone know the way to the police station?" I ask. No one says anything. "I swear, if we get lost..." Coral glares at Ruby and I. "Shut up and move that last chair. We have to leave now." Instructs Ruby as she opens the door and slips out.

I follow behind her and hear Coral curse. The street is empty except for two zombies stumbling around. Ruby keeps close to the wall and walks slowly. "We should've gotten flashlights." Scarlett mumbles. I keep glancing back at Brandon to make sure my baby is okay.

After walking for a while, Ruby stops. She puts a finger on her lips and peeks around the corner before turning to us. "There's too many." She whispers. "So what? Should we turn around?!" Coral whisper yells.

I move slowly around Ruby and look ahead. There are lines of small houses and a lot of zombies staggering around.

What now?

There's no way we can just run through them. We'll gain their attention. Maybe we could hide in one of the houses but how will we know which ones are safe?

"Hello? How long are we gonna be here?" Asks Coral in annoyance. Something catches my eye. Something green. My eyes widen.

"Did you see that? I think that's them." I say already making my way out. Ruby grabs my shirt. "What are you doing?!" She hisses. "I saw Jay. Let's go." I'm already running past the zombies. They snarl and reach out to grab me. I can't see Jay anymore but I'm sure he went straight. I run as fast as my legs can carry me.

I stab a zombie in the neck with both scissors and push it to the ground. The blood covers my hands and loosens my grip on the scissors. I hear Coral shriek and I turn around to see her hit a zombie with the book before she runs away from it.

We come across a crossroad. "What now?" Says Ruby panting. I scan the area and see a bunch of zombies swarm around a door. I look at the building. "It's the police station! But there's zombies!" Coral runs past me. "I'll distract them."

"Wait!" I call out but she's already running and shouting. "You can't catch me you ugly bastards!" She yells. The zombies around the door follow her, running after her. "There's zombies behind us!" Exclaims Brandon. "Come on!" I say as I run toward the door of the police station. I spot Jay open the door and I rush inside with the others in tow.

Once we're safely in, Ruby calls Coral. "Come on!" She yells and Coral zooms in. Jay closes the door behind her.

I can't help but fall on the ground, feeling my lungs and calves burn. I take deep breaths and Jay approaches me and bends down. "Hey what's up? What are you doing here?" I look up at him. "You guys took too long so we decided to find you." His brows furrow and he grabs my shoulders.

"Darcy, you have a baby. We have a baby. You could've been killed! What about our son? He was just born and you decide to go out? You were safe in the library." I feel myself get angry. "You took too long! How was I supposed to know if you guys were okay?! You could've been dead and we wouldn't have known!"

"You could've waited."

"Enough." Says Ruby, rolling her eyes. Everyone is silent. "You can't blame her. She's your girlfriend or whatever, she was worried about you." Says Coral.

"And by the way, I can take care of myself. I'm not pregnant anymore." I hiss and jerk away from him before I get up. As if on cue, the baby starts crying and Brandon rocks him. Jay stands up. "Give him here." I say before Jay can do anything.

Brandon looks between the two of us before he hands him over to me. I rock him in my arms and stroke his cheek. "It's okay baby. You're okay." I feel Jay's eyes on me and the baby calms down, his cries die down.

It's silent again. An awkward silence.

"Well then. Time to look at 'em weapons." Says Duncan as we walks off with Lex behind him. Coral comes to me and rubs my back. "You okay?" I nod. "Yeah." She looks at the baby. "He really needs a name." I nod again.

Ruby pulls a chair out from one of the desks and sits down. Jay and Storm go after Duncan. "What happened?" Asks Scarlett and I follow her gaze to Silas' leg. "Got scratched."

"Scratched or bitten?" Asks Ruby glaring at him. "Scratched." He limps to a chair. "If he was bitten, Lex would've killed him already." Says Coral. I sigh and find a chair to sit on as well.

Coral stands next to me. My baby has his eyes closed now, sleeping soundfully in my arms. "I've got a name for him." I say.

"What?"

"Noble."

"Noble?"

"Yeah."

"Suits him." I know I should've discussed this with Jay first in case he doesn't like the name but I'm mad at him and I'm not in the mood to have a happy family moment with him just yet. Storm emerges first with a skip in his step. He has a gun in his hand and I hold Noble closer to me. I don't want him near a gun and I hate that this is the world he's been born into.

"We got you guys something really cool." Says Storm as the rest of the guys appear. "What?" Asks Scarlett. Only then do I spot a bag pack in Storm's hand. He gets down on one knee and opens the bag, rummaging through it. He pulls out Tupperware boxes and forks. Duncan stands next to him and folds his arms.

"I made macaroni and cheese'-"

"-Because of me." Storm interrupts. Duncan rolls his eyes. "Because of cherry-"

"-Wait, cherry?" Asks Ruby before she bursts out laughing. Storm growls and I'm beyond pissed. "Are you serious right now? You must be joking." I say slowly, hoping they know that I'm angry. I look at Jay. "You made macaroni and cheese-"

"-I made macaroni and cheese. Don't look at him." Says Duncan and I send him a deadly glare. "While we were out there, worried and risking our lives, you were playing housewife and made food?" I hiss.

Jay frowns. "Darcy, come on-"

"No she's right. Darcy was worried and instead of doing what you were supposed to do first, you prolong the job and her worries." Coral spits. "I just... thought it would be nice for everyone." Says Storm who is in the midst of handing the boxes out to us. I roll my eyes when he places a box in front of me.

I move it far away from me with my finger. It's quiet once again. Brandon and Ruby are eating the food. Scarlett is talking to Storm. Coral walks off and stands by the door, looking outside.

Jay approaches me and I look anywhere but at him. "I know you're mad but can you at least eat? When was the last time you ate?" I steal a glance at him. He's frowning and glaring at me. My heart softens. Even though he looks mad, he's still worried about whether I've eaten or not.

"I'll eat when I feel like it."

"It's really good you know. Duncan knows how to cook." He says softly.

"It's Sir Duncan to you." Mutters Duncan from across the room. I want to stay mad but I know better than that. What they did was sweet considering we haven't had a home cooked meal in how long. I sigh.

"I'm not hungry right now but I promise I'll eat." I tell Jay looking up at him. His frown is gone and he smiles a small smile. "I have a name for him." I gesture to Noble. He bends downs and strokes his cheek. "What?"

"Noble." His smile gets bigger.

"Noble huh? That's cute."

"Do you like it? I probably should've talked to you about it first."

"Nah don't worry. I like it. I can't think of any names anyway." I hold Noble out to him. "You must've missed him." I say as he takes him. "Hey, I missed you too."

I watch as he looks at Noble. "The food was really good. Almost as good as my wife's." Says Brandon with a chuckle. "You have a wife?" Asks Scarlett. "Yeah and three daughters. I miss them so much."

"Maybe we'll find them." Says Storm. "Find them? How the hell will we find them if we're the only ones left?" Asks Ruby.

"What if we're not the only ones left? What if our families were evacuated. Did you see a zombie that looked like any of your relatives?"

"Evacuate where? We don't even know if we're in the same town as before." Says Coral. "Us being the only ones left is hard to believe and so is the fact that there might be others alive too." Says Silas. "That's why we have to keep searching. You never know. I miss my mom and sister and I have a feeling they're out there. They can't be dead." Says Storm.

"We'll head to the hospital in the mornin'. For now, we should make ourselves comfortable and sleep here. It's almost mornin' anyway." Says Duncan.

"You sleep. I'll hold him for you." Says Jay. I'm not that tired, I'm still high off the adrenalin from running but I nod. I have a feeling I won't be getting much sleep soon.

"You sleep too, okay?" He nods. Thankfully there are enough chairs for all of us so we can at least be a bit comfortable. "Wait, we should try the phones. There are tons of phones here." I say eyeing the telephones on the desks.

Ruby grabs the one closest to her and holds the phone by her ear before dailing a number. "There's no signal."

"Of course there's no signal. There's never signal in zombie movies." Answers Coral.

I sigh and slump back against the chair, closing my eyes.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

300K 28.3K 38
A comic apocalyptic sci-fi romp. The zombie apocalypse has come and gone, the world has ended, humanity has crumbled... Nobody told the aliens. Ali...
13.6M 674K 191
Ara, the only woman left alive after a plague, is searching for a way to save humanity. She thinks there isn't a man she can trust, until she meets K...
310K 14.7K 45
We don't choose to die, we're designed too. It was just never the creator's plan for the dead to rise again. Zombies were the characters in our nig...
921K 42.2K 53
No one saw it coming. No one could have guessed that the vaccine that was supposed to save lives, would take them instead. Once the death toll starte...