The Highlander

By bloodxlove

When Rosaline Perriwell visited a psychic, the last thing she expected was to get thrown back centuries in ti... More

The Highlander
copyright
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven

Chapter Twenty Three

18K 706 58
By bloodxlove

(NOTE: I made a mistake in chapter eighteen. i had previously put that the journey would take five days to one week but then they arrived two days later. i have fixed this in chapter eighteen where it now says: (We had travelled for five days now. We only stopped twice each day. On the fifth day of riding we were forced to stop once when the horses nearly collapsed from exhaustion...) all the rest is the same. They took six days to get to castle McDowell after the battle in the field) read on...)

Rosaline

"Ye and yer wife can stay in this room McCall" Clyde McDowell led us through the large doors from which he had emerged and up a spiralling staircase till it led to a thick wooden door with an iron handle prodding out.

"Thank ye Clyde." Finn said before opening the door and walking through. I went to follow straight after him but Clyde stepped suddenly in front of me, charging behind Finn, as if I wasn't there, "It was my sister's old room until she left to marry Ramsey's second son. It's the third largest in the castle but in my opinion the most comfortable. No one has been in here since she left."

"I appreciate yer hospitality Clyde." Finn replied, slapping the Laird on the side of his shoulder with a smile.

I stepped into the room, my presence finally becoming known to Laird Clyde McDowell. "Lass, there are some of my sisters old dresses in the wardrobe ye can have if ye want," he said looking me up and down, "ye are skinnier and smaller than her but they should fit."

I shuddered under Clyde's gaze and shuffled backwards, hoping he didn't notice. I rubbed my sweaty palms on my skirt subconsciously a nervous sweat forming on my brow.

Clyde spoke to Finn yet his eyes stayed glued to my body, "I must say Finn, yer lass is very bonnie." Clyde strode towards me, like a snake slithering towards its prey. I stay stuck in place, fearful at what Clyde would do. Something about the way he held himself, tall and intimidating, set off warning signs in my head.

"Thank ye Clyde" Finn replied hesitantly, cautious of Clyde's predator-like movements.

The Laird circled me; his hand darting out to run his fingers around my waist as he circled me like a lion would circle a wounded buck. My skin shivered unpleasantly beneath his touch as he dragged his fingers further up my body I pulled away before he could reach up further and grab something.

Clyde sniggered, "She's so innocent. Pure. Ye married her yet?"

"Not yet. But I plan to soon." Finn said through partially gritted teeth. I noticed how he clenched his fists and the veins starting to pop on the side of his neck. Yet he didn't strike out or say anything to Clyde no matter how he almost inappropriately touched me. That annoyed me a little but from what Finn told me about Clyde, they had grown up together where as he had only know me for less than two weeks.

However, when Finn held his hand out to me it took it with a thankful smile, enveloping myself into his arms, resting my head on his chest, my eyes trained on Clyde as he looked over at us.

Finn's arms were wrapped protectively around my waist, holding me tightly to his chest when Clyde spoke, "well, I wish ye the best in yer marriage." With one more terrifyingly bright smile Clyde walked over to the door, "I don't have any inhibition that ye two don't sleep in the same bed, even without the wedding ring. So goodnight."

The door closed with a small band but I waited several seconds, ears trained to see if he still lingered on the other side. When I heard footsteps move away I said, "Something about him creeps me out."

"That's because ye haven't known him as long as me. He's a good guy apart from the grabby hands." Finn said as he walked over to the bed, pulling his shirt over his head. I turned away, cheeks flushed, "Most men have grabby hands."

I felts Finn's arms wrap around my waist, his head nestled in my neck. His lips left a trail of soft, seductive kisses as he slowly dragged his lips up my neck till they nibbled on my earlobe. I tried to resist letting a moan lose but nevertheless my body betrayed me.

"I mean," Finn whispered in my ear as his hands started to slowly caress my body, one slowly spanning across my stomach before drifting lower where it caressed my upper thigh. The other hand made its way upwards, lightly dancing over my breast before reaching my neck where it slowly encased it in its grip, turning my head to face Finn's. "Who could keep their hands to themselves when there's a woman as beautiful as yerself in the same room as them."

I breathed in deeper and faster, my head dizzy as if the oxygen wasn't reaching my brain. My chest moved up and down in a rapid pace, my body igniting in tingles where Finn's wandering hand touched it.

Then Finn placed his lips on mine and it was as if the world exploded.

My eyelids closed but it was like a fireworks show was taking place. Bursts of pink, orange, red, blue, purple exploded in front of my eyes. Finn grasped my hips tightly, releasing my neck, and pulled me closer to his body. My chest was pushed up hard against his own bare one, my legs tangled with his as the kiss deepened and the tempo increased.

Finn's lips were slightly dry and cracked, making the kiss faintly callous. His stubble had started to grow out and I found it slightly sexy. The hairs harshly rubbed against my own fair skin, the friction sending pleasurable trembles down my spine.

Finn ran his tongue over my lips, demanding entry. Which I gladly gave. Finn's arms wrapped tighter, if that was possible, around my waist as I threaded my fingers in his hair, often pulling on strands of his hair, causing his own deep moans to be released.

My body flew in the air momentarily and a squeak escaped my lips before I found my legs wrapped around Finn's waist and he strode over towards the bed. My mind was locked away from my body as I let the pleasure take over me as Finn brought us both on top of the bed. He leant over me, running his lips over my neck as I released small moans of pleasure.

Finn's hand started to undo the tie on the front of my dress before the realisation of what we were doing finally hit my brain.

"Stop." I said whilst trying to sit up but Finn pushed my hips back on the bed, "Stop."

"Why lass," Finn grunted as he pushed himself up onto his palms, looking down on me, a small glare on his face. You would think he was a little boy whose ice cream had fallen on the floor, with the sad puppy look on his face. "I thought ye were enjoying yerself."

"I was." I said, letting a small laugh slip at the annoyed look on his face, "but I'm not having sex with you when I know there are a hundred warriors outside the window camping who will most likely hear you, and probably me."

"Ye didn't have a problem making love with me in the inn." Finn retaliated.

"Yeah, well, I don't have to explain myself to you." I said and smacked him on the arm, pushing him off me.

Finn gasped my thighs and pulled me back to him so I straddled him whilst he lay flat on the bed. I giggled at him, my fingers grazing softly over his chest.

"I love ye." Finn said suddenly and I looked up at him. His eyes sparkled with desire and love, a small shadow of a smile on his lips.

"I love you too," I replied, leaning down and kissing him softly before pulling myself back up when I felt his hands tighten, "but I'm still not having sex with you."

"Ye are wicked." Finn said as I clambered off him and walked over to the other side of the room where I untied my dress and flung it on a chair that lay in front of a dressing table adjacent to the wardrobe.

Left in my chemise, I wandered back over to the bed, where Finn was already tucked in, and crawled in next to him. He a sweet smile plastered on his face and I leant over and pecked him before snuggling up to him, my head resting softly on his chest. Finn wrapped one arm around my waist and pulled me close to him.

That's when I felt it.

"If you think being naked is going to get you anywhere tonight you are so wrong." I stated as pushed my lower half away from him and looked up at him with a accusing face.

"A man can try" Finn chuckled as he leant down into the pillows, pulling me close to him.

"What's wrong with you tonight? Ye are like a dog on heat. Sex this, sex that..." I said, sitting up. Finn was a passionate man but something seemed off about him tonight, he was more...urgent, wanting. Like he had to have sex with me now.

"It's nothing lass." Finn tried to brush it away but I could tell by the distant look in his eye that it wasn't nothing. Something was wrong, on his mind, and that annoyed me.

"Tell me." I said to Finn, my tone demanding. I was sat up straight now, looking down on Finn as he stretched his arms behind the back of his head, relaxing.

"I said it was nothing lass, ye are a woman, yer mind is always looking for something to worry over. Don't worry-" Finn didn't get to finish before I slapped him hard across the face.

The sound echoed in the room and Finn looked up at me shocked. For a moment I feared he would hit me back but soon the fear diffused into anger.

"I don't want any of that sexist crap right now. I can worry about you and I will. Like how you worry about me. Just tell me what's wrong or I'll...I'll...cut you off. No sex. Nada. Nothing. I mean it."

Finn, still looking shocked at me, said, "you hit me."

"Did you listen to anything I just said? Yes I hit you. You were being sexist. We women don't always look for something to worry over you know." I said, crossing my arms.

Finn sat up bringing me closer to him, "ye are strong, confident and amazing. Ye can stand up to a strong warrior like me-"

"Don't let your head get too big." I interrupted.

Finn ignored me "-and defend yerself. Ye will make a wonderful mother." Finn kissed me on the lips lightly.

Mother?

"And an answer to yer question, what was on my mind? I wanted to have sex with ye tonight because I won't have long to before it's too late."

"Too late? Are you talking about if I leave? If I find a way back home. Finn, if I find a way back home-"

"Nay. Not about that." Finn interrupted me.

"Then what?" I demanded, almost angrily at the confusion and slight fear that grew in a knot inside me.

"Ye are pregnant lass." Finn replied, looking at me like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "And soon it will be too dangerous to make love as I could risk hurting the baby."

"Hold up." I sat back further so I could look down at Finn properly, "One, I am not pregnant. And two, since when where you a walking, talking pregnancy test?" I said, looking down at him stunned.

"Walking, talking what?" Finn looked puzzled before finding composure and sitting up to hold my shoulder softly, "Ye are pregnant lass. Trust me, I know."

"Trust you? It's too early to even tell and I haven't had any symptoms." I said incredulously.

"Trust me," Finn said slowly as he leant back down, pulling me with him before pulling the covers over us, "my father predicted when my mother was pregnant with me. I know yer pregnant lass. And I'm happy ye are." Finn's hand moved across my stomach before pulling my hip and pulling me gently to him.

I gave him one more disbelieving look before closing my eyes and resting my head on his chest. I felt Finn relax beneath me and soon soft snores filled the air.

Could I be? I questioned myself. Pregnant? We had had sex. A lot. Could I really be holding his child? And what did this mean if I wanted to go home? Would I go or stay? All these questions that filled my head left me with no answers.

I ran my hand gently over my stomach, imagining feeling a child kicking there in a few months time. Did I want that? I was unsure at the moment. If I was pregnant, would I keep it? Would I love it like I loved its father?

Yes. Without hesitation.

A ghost of a smile haunted my lips as I felt sleep slowly take me, my hand resting upon my stomach, over a future that was possibly growing inside me.

(this may be my only update in about 6 weeks due to my exams! so sorry! please forgive me! updates will come 2 times a week afterwards to make up!)

Good luck handling the 6 weeks with this cliffhanger! SO SORRY! Please comment and vote and i will try to get a chapter up in about 3 weeks give or take a few days.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

637K 28.7K 23
HIGHEST RANKING #6 in HISTORICAL FICTION! --- For all her life, Lady Evie Verrick had been regaled of tales of the Highlands from her Highland born a...
49.3K 2.3K 19
Escaping the immoral advances of her publisher, Adia Stone takes her career into her own hands and starts over. Scotland seems like the perfect place...
141K 9K 44
Lyla Mungan has faced many challenges in her life. Yet, nothing can compare to finding herself in an entirely different time period thanks to a willy...
Lost Souls By Kristina_Author

Historical Fiction

89 4 4
"I heard stories be told,.." "About people travelling through time. From somewhere else, they're transported to a strange land. Not knowing what happ...