𝑭𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏 𝑪𝒓𝒐𝒘 | Haiky...

By Shixgami20

❝ᶠᵃˡˡⁱⁿᵍ ᵈᵒʷⁿ ⁱˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵃ ᶠᵃⁱˡᵘʳᵉ. ᶠᵃⁱˡᵘʳᵉ ᶜᵒᵐᵉˢ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵗᵃʸ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᶠᵃˡˡᵉⁿ.❞ -- (M/n) (l/n) a second y... More

• one •
• two •
• three •
• four •
• five •
• six •
• seven •
• eight •
• nine •
• ten •
• eleven •
• twelve •
• thirteen •
• fourteen •
• fifteen •
• seventeen •
• eighteen •
• nineteen •
• twenty •
• twenty-one •
• twenty-two •
• twenty-three •
• twenty-four •
• twenty-five •
• twenty- six •

• sixteen •

2.3K 71 9
By Shixgami20

Feel free to critique my writing! I'm open to ways where/how I can improve my writing!

(H/c) - hair colour
(E/c) - eye colour
(S/c) - skin colour
(R/n) - random name
(F/n) - favourite number

_____

• sixteen •

Its hand wrapped around his arm, gripping onto it tightly, never wanting to let go as if telling him, “I’m still here.”

“(m/n) you, okay?” Sugawara asked with concern written all over his face.

(m/n) raised his head, his face a little pale as if he had just witnessed a ghost pass by. Cold sweat slid down the side of his cheek as he gripped onto the volleyball tightly. He swallowed hard and slowly nodded, barely managing to put up a small smile. Sugawara looked at (m/n) clearly not falling for his lie.

“(m/n) you— “

“Alright everyone gather!” Daichi yelled catching everyone’s attention. They quickly put the balls back into the trolley and walked up to their Coach and supervisor.

“Ooh!! Look at (m/n)’s new kicks!!” Hinata beamed as his eyes sparkled at the shoes.

(M/n) chuckled and ruffled Hinata’s hair, “you’ve been saying that since we got on the bus Hina-chin.” He commented.

Hinata blushed and looked away in embarrassment, “w-well... because they look s-so cool and all...” he muttered.

“It’s alright Hina-chin! Now come on, let’s go join our team and watch the other matches that are going on.” (m/n) urged as he grabbed Hinata’s hand and quickly made their way over to their teammates with (m/n) unaware of the blushing mess that once resembled Hinata. As soon as he came to a stop, he turned around to find Hinata blushing profusely. “You okay Hina-chin?? Did I run too fast? Are you sick??” (m/n) asked, panic stricken as he leaned closer to Hinata making Hinata turn even more red, if it was even possible.

“I think you need to step back before you kill him (m/n).” Daichi smiled, a little jealousy rolling off his tone.

“Ah! Did I hurt him??” (m/n) asked, almost at the point of tears.

“No, no! You didn’t come on, let’s take a seat.” Sugawara urged as he grabbed (m/n) by his shoulders and forced him to sit beside Nishinoya and Ennoshita.

_____

All three games finished in no time and once Yamaguchi and Hinata had informed the third years of the game that was occurring. They quickly headed out as soon as Datekou’s game had finished. Daichi had gone off to decide with the referee and Jouzenji’s captain who would get to start. The team continued their warmups, receiving the other school’s ball.

“Ah, sorry could you get that?” A member from the team asked.

(m/n) grabbed the stray ball and handed in to the player, “here ya’ go—!”

“How’s it goin’… Mr. Hotshot?”
(m/n) froze as he looked to meet Rintarou Numajiri. His cold hard gaze submitting (m/n) into his fear. He felt its hand take his other arm, it coiled around his body, dragging him back into his forgotten fears.

It suffocated him.

“You look like you’re havin’ some fun, you controlling this team well? You winning? You meeting their expectations? Scoring all the points for them?” Rintarou asked, a smirk plastered on his face, “heard your team lost against Aoba Johsai a few months back.”

(m/n) gulped and looked down at the ground, “don’t go losing your cool, okay? A captain and ace should always remain composed.” Rintarou sneered as he patted (m/n) on the shoulder before walking off to join the rest of his team.

Heavy breaths escaped (m/n) as soon as Rintarou left.

It was truly suffocating.
“(m/n)! We gotta gather—? You, okay?” Narita asked.

The (brunet, albino, ginger etc) looked at Narita and slowly nodded before turning on his heel and left to join the team with Narita following close behind him.

“Alright, you all look all ready to go! (m/n), let’s start this match at full throttle!” Ukai said as he glanced over at (m/n) who nodded. “Karasuno fight!”

“Osu!”

The team walked onto the court in their respective positions, waiting for the whistle to blow. As soon as the whistle blew, Jouzenji prepared themselves to receive (m/n)’s serve. (M/n) took a few steps away from the baseline of the court and turned to face everyone. He bounced the ball a couple of times before holding it before his face, his forehead resting against its hard surface. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath in.

Ukai’s eyebrows furrowed. Did he always know how to do a jump serve? From the looks of it, it seems natural for him to this “routine"... Ukai thought as the whistle blew.

(M/n) opened his eyes and tossed the ball up and ran a couple of steps before jumping, his hand meeting the ball with a ‘bam.’ The ball flew over to Jouzenji's side of the court.

“Go it!” Rintarou exclaimed startling (m/n) as he landed.

Rintarou positioned himself in the balls path to only notice its curve in the last second, he attempted to dive after the ball but was a second too late as the ball landed right before his very eyes. He clicked his tongue and looked over to (m/n), watching him receive praises from his new teammates.
What’s this? He’s getting along with them. Moreover, he's not the captain, is he the ace then? Rintarou asked.

“Oi Rintarou! Don’t let that serve get to ya'! Although (f/n)’s serve was kinda intense.” Terushima grinned as he patted his back in reassurance.

“Ah yeah...” Rintarou trailed as he turned and returned to his position, his eyes met (m/n)’s and he saw the fear in his eyes. He’s still the same. Alright, let’s put him to work. He thought as he licked his lips. (M/n) served the ball once more, this time the ball didn’t curve but flew straight over between Rintarou and Tsuchiyu.

“Got it!” Rintarou yelled without hesitation and barely managed to get it up, “sorry! Cover!”

“Terushima!!” Tsuchiyu yelled bumping the ball up.

Terushima chased after the ball, his eyes glued to the ball. Everyone on Karasuno’s side eased up a little, expecting a chance ball. Terushima licked his lips and jumped, turning his body a little as he hit the ball with his right hand over to Karasuno’s side of the court.

“You’ve gotta be kidding!” Nishinoya yelled as he attempted to get the ball, which is until (m/n) came from beside him, perfectly bumping the ball up and over to Kageyama’s position.

“Get it!” (m/n) yelled as he landed and secured his running distance.
Kageyama tossed the ball over to Tanaka who managed a block out.

“It’s amazing how he managed to slam it from the end line…!” Tanaka commented, “while turning around, no less…!”

Kageyama stood beside the second year, “that area’s normally where you’d safely return the ball by underhand too.” He added before walking back to his position.

“Yeah…” Tanaka sighed, “thank god (m/n) managed to save the ball! You’re so cool!!”

(m/n) chuckled and patted Tanaka’s shoulder, “we can’t really be letting our guard down in a game, you know? Expect the unexpected!” He chuckled and walked over to the end line to do another serve.

“Give us another killer serve!!” Hinata grinned making (m/n) chuckle.

He did his usual routine before managing yet another powerful serve which Rintarou managed to get up but was still unable to control the ball as it went right over to Karasuno’s side.

“Got it!” (m/n) yelled as he received it, perfectly passing it over to Kageyama’s position.

“Tanaka-San!” Kageyama yelled, tossing it over to the buzz-cut male.

With a grunt, Tanaka managed a cross, barely avoiding the blocker in front of him. Rintarou grunted as he received the intense spike from the second year. The ball flew directly to the net with his teammate, Takeharu Futamata, attempted to reach out to it with his arm but failed. Takeharu grunted as he lifted his foot getting the ball up nicely for Nobuyoshi to spike it over.

“Nothing seems to be disturbing their rhythm, does it…” Takeda said watching Daichi being a second late in his attempt to receive the attack.

“It’s normal to see guys try to return the ball with all they’ve got, judging when you should jump to block it though…” Ukai noted as he looked at Jouzenji who loudly cheered for their well-earned point, “Jouzenji who are said to be in “playtime mode” … how are they so adaptable…?”

“Give us a nice serve, Takeharu!!” Terushima grinned.

Takeharu served the ball up, with the ball hitting the net and rolling forward. Tanaka quickly scrambled after the ball and managed to bump it back up into the air. Hinata quickly took after his upperclassmen and jumped, managing to get the ball that almost went to the first ground of seats which astounded the audience in front of him.

“It’s spider-man!” One exclaimed as he watched Hinata almost stick to the wall like the superhero himself. Nishinoya followed through with the final connection, tossing the ball up to the other side of the court with Tsuchiyu failing to receive it.

“Go killer serve!!” Hinata yelled from the front row as Kageyama tossed the ball up and hit the ball towards Nobuyoshi.

“Takeharu!” He yelled with the blackette getting under the ball and tossing it over to Rintarou. The dirty blond male jumped, and his eyes met (m/n) making the second-year shiver with fear. Rintarou hit the ball towards (m/n) making the (h/c) haired male grunt at the up close receive, just managing to save his face.

“Sorry cover!” (m/n) yelled as he secured his running distance. Kageyama rushed over to the ball and managed a back toss over to (m/n).

“Three blockers!” Daichi and Tanaka yelled in unison.

(m/n) stared at Rintarou straight in the eyes and he felt the overwhelming fear creep up on his body. He gritted his teeth and slammed his hand on the ball, the powerful spike soaring right over to Terushima who was blown back from the spike.

“Kazuma…!” Terushima coughed out as the tall middle blocker chased after the ball.

“Kazuma!!” Rintarou yelled as he put up his hand for the toss.

“Rintarou!” Kazuma yelled bumping the ball up to the wing spiker.

“Three blockers!”

Rintarou jumped and stared at (m/n), he could feel his presence and only his presence. He smirked and hit the ball aiming right for Tanaka’s fingertips.

As soon as he landed Rintarou looked at (m/n) and growled, “don’t you go running away you damn prodigy! I know what you’re capable of…! Come on! Show us… no-- them what you truly are!!” Rintarou spat.

(m/n) stared at Rintarou and looked away, “you’d just love to see that side of me won’t you…? Just try me!” (m/n) confidently stated.

“I will, for someone who was supposed to bring the entire team together and score us all those points… you really let us down, didn’t you? You’re no prodigy… you’re just a sorry excuse to be famous. You’re nothing… nothing but a god damn failure!” Rintarou then walked off.

(m/n) breathed heavily.

Of all the things, he wished… he wished so much… that he hadn’t involved himself with volleyball.

He wished that everything were different.

He wished he weren’t a failure.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 7.7K 32
You always have a good eye for observing people especially seeing their flaws on things they usually do. (L/n) (F/n), Nishinoya's cousin and a forme...
163K 5.3K 40
"𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕟 𝕚𝕕𝕚𝕠𝕥" "𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣, 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕞𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕥" You and Kageyama started dating in middle school at the end of yo...
185K 5.3K 15
You move to Japan after living in the states as a child, leaving your childhood friends behind. You now go to Karasuno high but didn't expect to find...
311K 8.1K 32
[𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃] "𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒎𝒚 𝒏𝒊𝒊-𝒔𝒂𝒏'𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅" "𝑰𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒂 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅?, ...