Sovereignty

By jmkrb1

BOOK 2 of Serendipity ! Just when Carlotta thought she found her serendipity in Greek Mafia Don Evangelos Kos... More

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
So angelo's always been a bitch, huh?
You stole my kill
Lovesick puppy
The misunderstanding
If you tell, I'll throw you in the pool
I love you

50

33.1K 914 1.3K
By jmkrb1

Lorenzo and I were currently moving from the Vasiliev's condo back into the mansion with Mass and Gio.

Though we pretend Gio doesn't exist.

We're both so grateful to Car's Russian brothers- we don't deserve it but they've been so accommodating and kind.

And we've all even become friends, which I know Car is ecstatic about and that was honestly reason enough.

I like Levi especially. He's around my age so it's easy to relate to him. He makes me laugh and smile, and he helped me a lot when I found out about Massimo.

I owe him.

"No, I don't think I can keep hanging out with you." Levi laughs as we walk through the mall, taking a break from moving when he suggests we get frozen yoghurt, "I'm not buying you mint flavour- I won't." He puts his hands up in a defence and I frown at him.

"Fine," I grumble, crossing my arms, "I'll buy it myself, I don't want your dirty money anyways." I tease and he narrows his eyes at me.

"I don't want to spend my dirty money on mint frozen yoghurt." He retaliates as we continue walking through the mall, on our way to the food court.

"Oh yeah? And what flavour are you getting?" I ask him and he smiles proudly.

"Chocolate obviously." He tells me and I snort.

"Levi, just admit that you're boring." I laugh and he gapes at me.

"Me? Boring?" He all but exclaims and then laughs smugly, shaking his head with a smirk, "If only you knew how wrong you are." He says lowly, looking me over before I turn away with red cheeks.

Was he flirting?

Thankfully we get to the frozen yoghurt shop before I can embarrass myself any further and I let Levi approach the counter first to get his own.

The girl behind the counter smiles kindly at us both, "Welcome! What can I get for you?" She asks Levi.

"Hey," Levi smiles kindly before responding, "Can I get a medium chocolate please?" He asks and I chuckle behind him.

He glances over his shoulder at me with narrowed eyes and I mouth "boring" at him, to which his eyes only narrow on me further.

He pulls out his wallet and looks back up at the girl, "And one medium mint as well." He orders, and I startle.

"Sure thing, that'll be $8 please." The girl responds cheerily as she starts moving to make our orders.

Levi pays by card and turns to me, "You triggered me and now I've made it my single mission to prove to you how un-boring I am," He snarks before I can even speak.

I shake my head, "Let me pay you back." I say, getting out the cash I was going to use for my own order.

Levi frowns and shakes his head, putting a hand on my own to push it away. I can't help but go a little red at the contact.

"Nah, I don't want your dirty money." He smirks and turns to grab the two tubs from the girl with a thanks.

He hands me my tub and I accept it, smiling at him, "Thank you." I say and he cracks a smile back.

"Anytime." He shrugs and we head over to find somewhere to sit and eat.

"So," Levi says, pointing his spoon at me when we've found somewhere secluded to sit, "You still haven't told me the word of the day." He says and I smile.

With a shake of my head I respond, "Why do you want to hear them so bad? No one ever likes when I say them. Besides Car- but to be honest I think she just feels bad for me.'' I say with a twist of my lips and Levi stares at me with sparkling eyes.

"It's interesting." He says and I give him a look. He rolls his eyes with a smile, "Fine, you want honest?" He asks and I nod, "I like hearing your voice." He tells me and my jaw slackens.

"But we're always talking." I say dumbly and feel my cheeks redden yet again.

Fuck I need more of this frozen yoghurt to keep me from getting so hot-

Levi chuckles, "I like hearing your voice when you're talking about something you like." He explains, taking a mouthful of his yoghurt, "You're so passionate about them and it's cute." He shrugs, being blatantly honest.

Though I kinda wish he wasn't considering I look like a 12 year old girl with my red face.

"Your blush too." He smirks knowingly, and I bring my hands to my cheeks, "I like that."

Deciding this is getting way too intense I laugh and rub my cheeks, "Polyglot," I say and he furrows his brows, "The word of the day," I explain, "Meaning knowing or using several languages."

Levi nods, "I guess we're both polyglots then." He says, "Though I only speak 2 languages so it sounds less impressive." He says with a pout.

"Me too," I chuckle, "But if you teach me Russian and I teach you Italian we could be more impressive." I suggest and Levi nods with a smile.

"But then I can't speak about you in secret." He says, and there goes that blush again- fucking hell-, "How about we both learn an entirely new language- together?" He says and I just look at him.

"Yeah, I'd love that." I say back and he grins, "What should we learn?" I ask him and he ponders.

"Better yet, what would be most useful to learn?" He waggles his brows deviantly and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Go on..." I encourage, wanting to hear this plan he has.

He smiles, "Let's learn Greek in secret. Keep Car's boyfriend in line." He jokes and I scoff a laugh.

"Gigi?" I ask and shake my head, "Nah, he's harmless." I tell him and Levi gives me a look.

"Harmless?" He repeats and I roll my eyes.

"Trust me, he's a big softie. But I agree, let's learn Greek. It'll be fun to fuck with him." I tell him, and he nods.

"Then it's settled." He says with finality, "You realise we have to meet up regularly to learn together." He smirks, raising a brow.

For once I don't blush, keeping my cool, "Sounds good to me."

~~~

"Oh come on! One little taste and then we can go." Levi teases and I groan exasperatedly.

"Fine! One spoonful and then will you let me go?" I say and he smirks, nodding.

I roll my eyes, about to pick up my open spoon to scoop up some of his remaining frozen yoghurt- which was kinda melted by now- but I freeze when Levi brings his own spoon towards me.

He brings it to a stop outside my open mouth and my eyes glide to his. He raises an eyebrow, as if to say 'open' and I obey.

He puts his spoon in my mouth and I close my lips around it, tasting the chocolate frozen yoghurt, which I still didn't like. Yet there was still something sweet about the interaction.

I held his gaze the whole way through, Levi slowly dragging the spoon from my mouth and lips and giving me a look, "So?" He encourages.

"Disgusting." I smile and he snorts and shakes his head, finally standing so I can slide out of the booth.

"I'll take your tub to the bin, I'm gonna stop by the bathroom anyways." I tell Levi as we stand from the booth.

We hadn't realised how much time had passed before we both got messages from our brothers, asking where the fuck we were.

"Thanks, I'll wait by the entrance." He smiles and I take his tub, turning to deposit them in the bin and then head to the bathrooms.

I needed to splash my face with cold water-

I get to the mens bathroom and push open the door, relieved to find it empty so I can self-reflect in peace.

I immediately walk up to the sinks and lean my hands either side, looking into the mirror to examine myself.

My cheeks were still flushed- my body probably getting tired of blushing and just deciding to permanently stain them red.

I grimace and turn on the tap as I run a hand through my dark hair, shaking it out before cupping the water and splashing it onto my face.

I sigh a breath and lift the hem of my jumper to dry my face, patting it before looking into the mirror again and jumping out of my skin with fright.

There was someone standing 5 feet behind me and I turned around, startled, and dropped the hem of my jumper.

The person lifts their eyes from my abs to my face and I grip the edge of the sink behind me in shock.

"Augustus?" I whisper, and he smiles at me, looking frighteningly handsome.

"Romeo." He purrs, a British twinge to the way he pronounces my name.

I don't move, too shocked to approach him and just grip the sink harder, "How-why- how the fuck are you here?" I splutter, confused as Hell at his magician-like appearance.

He chuckles and the sound is rich, "You got lucky, I have business with the President- I insisted I take a personal pitstop before I go to D.C." He explains swiftly and I sometimes forget to acknowledge the fact he is royalty.

My mouth just gapes open and closed like a fish, genuinely lost for words until I shake it off and push off the sink, straightening, "How did you find me?" I emphasise, his appearance in the mall is almost stalkerish.

He grins and approaches me now, but I don't move, staying rooted in my place as he comes right up to me.

"That doesn't matter," He shakes his head, about eye level with me. His eyes run over my nose, hair, eyes, lips. "You're even more beautiful in real life..." He murmurs absently and I think I stop breathing.

My emotions are so fucked right now- I don't know what to feel. Nor what is real and fake.

"So are you." Is all I can manage to come up with, and it sets his eyes a light, burning brightly as they look at me.

His hand suddenly finds my chest, pushing me back a step until I hit the sink again and I let him. His hand stays there, and he glances down before meeting my eyes again.

"Are you going to tell me why you've been ignoring me for two days?" He asks, a slightly threatening undertone in his voice.

My mouth goes dry, but I muster the courage, "You tried to kill my broth- my friend. Evangelos Kosmos. You had a hit on him. He survived." I explain and he smirks, almost fond of the memory.

"Hm, I didn't know if he'd piece it together or not. I guess I didn't give him enough credit." He shrugs amused, and I scowl.

I push him off me and take a step towards him instead, him only smiling the entire time, "Well he managed to evade death from the supposed 'best assassin in the Underground' so yeah, you should have definitely given him more credit." I shot back, not liking how casually he was talking about Gigi's hit.

He gives me an impressed look, "You're right. I apologise." He says, and I untense a little, "Still, I got worried when I didn't hear anything from you."

I suddenly feel a little guilty. Maybe I should have at least told him I was okay.

I swallow, "How long are you here for?" I ask him and he wets his lips.

"2 days." He responds and I look to the door of the bathroom, worried that I should be with Levi right now.

"I should go-" I start and Augustus's face drops.

"Are you here with someone?" He asks and I nod hesitantly.

"I came with Levi, so I should probably get back to him." I say, pointing at the door.

Augustus doesn't respond for a few seconds, looking me over before meeting my eyes and nodding softly, "Can I see you again? Properly?" He asks and my heart rate picks up.

"Yes, I'd like that." I tell him and he takes careful steps towards me again, until we're practically chest to chest, breaths mingling.

He inhales sharply, "You really are breathtaking." He tells me, and this time I can't stop the blush.

I should really get that checked out-

"You too." I say rather breathlessly.

We stare at each other for seconds, taking each other in face to face- rather than through the pictures we'd been sending back and forth.

"Can I kiss you?" Augustus asks quietly and I freeze.

Kiss me? He wants to kiss me?

I'm not in control of my body when my head tentatively nods.

Augustus looks equally nervous, but his one hand comes to cup my left cheek, as my mouth moves to my right.

His soft, warm lips touch the skin of my cheek, kissing me gently and tenderly.

I don't know why I expected him to kiss my lips- but I'm not disappointed. We barely knew one another other than our lengthy discussions across seas, but it was somehow sweet how he kissed me so hesitantly and respectfully.

I wanted to close my eyes and fall into his embrace, inhaling his masculine clean smell.

My phone dings loudly.

Augustus pulls his lips away from my flushed cheeks and takes a few steps back, creating distance.

I smile slightly apologetically and pull my phone out, no doubt getting a message from Levi.

Blondie:

Ur not lactose intolerant r u?

I press my lips together to stop from laughing.

Me:

No u ass. I'll be out in a minute.

Blondie:

Thank fuck, was reconsidering even knowing u for a second.

I put my phone back in my pocket, internally smiling and meeting Augustus's intense gaze.

"I need to go." I tell him and he nods, "Text me? I want to see you before you go. And I'm sure Car will too."

He smiles at that, "Yeah, I'd love that." He says and then faux glares at me, "But you better fucking reply."

I wink at him as I exit, "Maybe, then again I kind of like you all riled up, hunting me down to confront me." I tease and his eyes darken before I slip out of the room.

I find Levi where he said he'd wait and apologise before we head back to the car, driving to drop me off at my old- now new?- house.

"Thanks for the ride- and the yoghurt." I smile at Levi when he pulls up in my driveway.

He nods, a smirk finding its way onto his lips, "I'll see you at those Greek lessons, yeah?" He says and I stare back with a shy smile.

"Definitely." I respond, closing the car door and looking at him through the open window.

He winks before starting the car, "спокойной ночи, красавчик."

(goodnight handsome)

He pulls away, and I suddenly regret not choosing to learn Russian.

___________________________________________________________

bet u weren't expecting that huh🤨🤨🤨

i hope u enjoyed reading :)))

ily all sm and see you next time <33333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 1K 14
Alexandria Brio is a 16-year-old girl who knows pain like the back of her hand. After getting kidnapped at the young age of two she has known nothing...
348K 7K 41
Hey, this book is not finished, but I have been asked to keep it up! I am rewriting it right away, because there were major plot holes and it was jus...
1M 24.9K 44
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
2.9M 84.1K 49
Morelli Mafia Series BOOK 1 | 18+ Passion. Love. Lust. Erotic. Violence. Crime. Strong female lead. COMPLETED - Paperbacks available on Amazon. I...