AFFLICTION

By kethzu

***** Dark Romance "I'll inflict every bit of pain in you. You saw what's being loved by me was like. It's t... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
1 ~ [The Past Is Indelible]
2 ~ [The Fears I'm Hiding]
3 ~ [He is back!]
4 ~ [Before It's Late]
5 ~ [Will Everything Be Fine?]
6 ~ [Happier Than Before?]
7 ~ [Those Grey Eyes]
8 ~ [Soon Mine!]
9 ~ [Real or Surreal?]
10 ~ [Not Hallucination]
11 ~ [Don't Come Near]
12 ~ [Not So Sobber?]
13 ~ [Rescue Me]
14 ~ [Still Alive?]
15 ~ [The Same Fear]
16 ~ [Mystifying Question]
17 ~ [Endure More]
18 ~ [The Devil Himself]
19 ~ [His Real Self]
20 ~ [A Thing Called Love]
21 ~ [Helpless And Impotent]
22 ~ [Terrified Of The Demon]
23 ~ [Fuel To His Fire]
24 ~ [His Dominance]
25 ~ [Scared Of The Fate]
26 ~ [Why Him Again?]
27 ~ [That Devilish Grin]
28 ~ [Peace In My Agony?]
29 ~ [Love Means Destruction]
30 ~ [Intensified Gaze]
31 ~ [Superficial Love]
32 ~ [Blemish My Day]
33 ~ [Trepidation In Your Eyes]
34 ~ [Sereneness of Heart]
35 ~ [Simmer Down]
36 ~ [Only If I Knew]
37 ~ [Losing My Sanity]
38 ~ [Demolish And Wreck Her]
39 ~ [He Feels Poisonous]
40 ~ [Never Letting You Go]
41 ~ [Agitation Flamed My Soul]
42 ~ [A Very Catastrophic Portion]
43 ~ [Frantic With Petrification]
44 ~ [Unexpected And Anticipated]
45 ~ [Can I Ever Hate Him?]
46 ~ [What's Weakening Me?]
47 ~ [Hangover Owing To Him]
48 ~ [Haunting My Nights]
49 ~ [Ache Throbbled me]
50 ~ [Encaged In Nightmare]
51 ~ [Is it Palatable?]
52 ~ [Left With Heartache]
53 ~ [To My Misfortune]
54 ~ [Drunk And Dazed]
55 ~ [I Want Her Back]
57 ~ [Despise, Loathe and Hatred]
58 ~ [The Ominous Feeling]
59 ~ [I'm Sealed His]
60 ~ [A Perfect Facade]
61 ~ [My Perfect Hell]
62 ~ [Portrayal of New Disaster]
63 ~ [A Dark Yet Mysterious One]
64 ~ [Words Lie, Eyes Don't]
65 ~ [Distant Yet So Close]
66 ~ [Unravel My Emotions]
67 ~ [Heartfelt Infatuation]
68 ~ [Your Lies]
69 ~ [Love Is You]
70 ~ [Remorse And Pain]
71 ~ [Beginning or End]
72 ~ [Say You Love Me]
73 ~ [This Love]
74 ~ [Did I Lose Her?]
75 ~ [This Can't Be Him!]
76 ~ [A Grave Sin]
77 ~ [Make Me Bleed]
78 ~ [Hurts So Bad]
79 ~ [Till my last breath]
80 ~ [Love Is Affliction]
Epilogue

56 ~ [I Can't Lose You]

3.4K 113 73
By kethzu

LEERA POV

I woke up with severe headache. Before I could question myself how did I get here in bed and think about last night, I realized it's too late.

"Fuck, I need to get ready for hospital" I got up only to stumble backward due to the pain in my head. Caressing my head for a while did no good to me, it still ached so bad. Forcing my throbbing body I finally made my feet walk me to the bathroom.

I opened the tap and washed my face. I couldn't stand my headache so I leaned onto the sink counter and let my head fall between my shoulders "It hurts so bad". I'm literally never drinking again. And its then I realized I'm only in my undergarments. What the hell?

Where is my dress? I looked at me in the mirror. Entirely disheveled and unkempt. Water tipping on my chin and my matte lipstick from last night is smudged as if I have been kissing someone and almost gone. Maybe because I just splashed water on my face? No? But why am I in my undergarments only?

I tried to remember about last night.. I only remember getting onto the car for coming back and then taking the elevator up and ending up infront of my apartment door. Then....? My head is blank. I can't recollect my thoughts. My head throbs so bad that I want to hit it against the wall now. Then I noticed a black shirt on the basket beside the sink, I picked it up. God it stinks! Then i noticed there is puke all over the front part, before I drop it back into the basket I saw my black dress for last night inside it. I picked it up too, finding it filthy with puke too.

Shit? I puked all over last night? It's his shirt if I'm not mistaken. I tried to recollect my memories again, harder this time. But nothing came except the time when he appeared all of a sudden when I couldn't manage to open my front door. He opened it for me but I don't remember anything further. Fuck? It might have literally have been embarrassing to vomit all over his shirt as well as mine.

I didn't know why was he here but now I understood why I'm here like this. Most probably he removed my clothes because of the vomit but why did he help me out? Nevermind. I don't even have time to time about shits. I got ready in a rush, skipped my breakfast, only took medicine for the headache or I would literally fall on the street anytime due to not being able to tolerate this pain.

I surely am a light drinker, so I always try to skip alcohol and I absolutely hate the after effects of it at all. Cause I knew I could do literally anything when I'm drunk and have no idea about it. God knows what did I say or do infront of him when he was here. But I'm relying on the positive thoughts and hoping I didn't do anything stupid. Please god!

............

Dr. Diana is literally a pain in ass and no one can't agree less to that. Being under her supervision has been the cruelest thing ever happened in my life.

Now I'm heading back to my apartment after a long day in the hospital. When I'm just in front of my apartment complex it hit me. Elena invited me for dinner tonight as they will be leaving for New york tomorrow. Oh hell.

She said Louis will come to California too. Well I haven't talked a single word to him after that kiss at his birthday party. Is it still awkward to face each other now? He didn't try to text or call me after that, so there were no conversation between us after that. Is he mad at me because I actually ruined his birthday?

I showered for an entire hour relieving my nerves with the cold water flowing down and caressing my body so gently. Then I blow dried my hair and wore a casual white top and Jeans and applied lip tint and some mascara. I'm done. I ain't doing more just for the dinner ofcourse.

I took my phone and went out of my apartment and then to the elevator and now I'm standing infront of his door. I bit onto my lower lip and clenched my phone. Why am I always this nervous to face him?

Before I could press the bell someone else did and stood right beside me.

"Louis?"
"Leera" he gave me his gentle smile and I returned the smile.
"How have you been?" I asked him.
"Very well I guess. And what about the beautiful lady infront of me?"
"Well too I guess" he was being like nothing happened between us before and if that I'm going to continue to do that too. Like this things can be less awkward between us.

The door opened. "Brother" Carla hugged him and he patted her back although I couldn't notice much of emotional interaction between them. They didn't seem particularly close to eachother. After they parted, Carla looked in my direction and went away without saying anything as if it's bothering to even talk to me.

We came inside and there is Aaron already waiting for my presence.

"What are you doing lil boy" he didn't see me as I was behind him. He turned and giggled hugging me.
"I'm solving the puzzles you bought me"
"Really let me see"
"No! No! It's not done yet" he exclaimed.
I smiled "I can help you"

"He has been arranging these puzzles for an hour" Elena said to me making me laugh.
"Okay come on. If I help you we can complete it within a few minutes. Okay bud?" I raised my hand for a high five and he put his little hand on me. We sat on the couch and started pairing the pieces of puzzles.

"I'm going to see the arrangements for dinner then" Elena went away.
"You are good with kids, ain't you?" Louis sat opposite to me.
"I guess so. Although there wasn't much kids in my life" I replied.
"Where do you stay, Leera?" He asked.
"A few floors down" Aaron answered for me.
"You live here?" He asked again.
"Yeah"

"I'm going to drink some water. Wait for me" Aaron ran away leaving us two alone.

While fidgeting with a piece of puzzle I dropped it. When I was about to get that from the floor his hand was there to pick it at the same time. Our hands touched. I looked at him for a second and picked it up flustered and backed off.

"You look beautiful" I stared at him hearing his comment on me. I gave him an awkward smile "Oh thanks"

"You don't need to feel awkward for the last time. I'm sorry for that" he said again "I shouldn't have done it I guess. Probably gave it some more time then it had been better. I'm sorry if I caused you trouble"

"No it's not. You don't need to say sorry for that. Here I feel like I ruined your birthday, so I should be the one saying sorry" he stepped towards me and we were a few inches separate.

"It's not like my birthday means any much to me. That day was meant for you anyway. Basically you spoiled the day I wanted to express my feelings to you, not my particularly my birthday" he spoke in his ever so gentleman tone.

"Louis" I bite onto my lower lip. "I'm really sorry. That night-" before words could come out of my mouth more his finger was on my lip "shush"

"I realized that I don't like the word sorry from your mouth at all" our stares were locked and there was a momentary silence while I remained stun.

"Louis" I turned around stepping back from him. Azezal. I noticed the fierce and agitated look which he hid behind his casual expression.

"Azezal" They were shaking hands now. But I'm certainly aware of the fury I can see in him.

"Best friend" Aaron jumped up onto his arms. "Yes champ" Azezal caressed his hair and gave him a smile he rarely gives. I unknowingly smiled too.
Aaron playfully tapped onto his chest "Why are you late?"
"Sorry. Was busy at work" I never heard him saying sorry before. Never to me. Never to anyone. Like this word wasn't for him.

"Baby" Carla joined too, spoiling the atmosphere for me. Well she is certainly a bitch. But the corner eyeroll of Azezal with her presence didn't go unnoticed by me. Sometimes I think if he really loves her? Can he love anyway?

"Wooh everyone is here and dinner is ready. Perfect timing" Elena uttered when she entered the lounge.

"Why does Carla call you baby?" Aaron frowned and everyone laughed. "You don't like that?" Azezal asked him. "You are so big. You are not a baby" Aaron replied.

"Tell her to not call me that then" Azezal said to him and Aaron nodded "Don't call bestfriend baby" he said in Carla's direction. Everyone giggled up except the hard look on Azezal. and Carla showed off a displeased look but didn't say anything.

"Aaron, enough of your talks" Elena managed to say between her laughter. "Let's go for dinner" His eyes suddenly stared at mine when ever everybody were almost going for dinner.

"Leera, come" Louis gave me his hand, I took it and went with him awkwardly, not staring at his direction again. Cause the way his eyes are looking at mine are scaring me about something.

Louis sat in my one side and Aaron in the other. Again Azezal is completely opposite to me.

We started eating while the conversation kept running. "Can you help me with the arrangements, Leera?" I looked at Elena. "What arrangements?"

"Wedding arrangements. We are getting married this month" Carla replied instead of Elena with a hint of pride in her voice. Her hands grabbed his arm as he leaned onto him. Then my eyes were on him and his were on him. So deep, so dark as if anyone else doesn't even exist in his room anymore. It's just me and him.

No he is getting married. Married. Married.

Why am I thinking this? I gulped down some water. "Sure, I will as much as I can from here. I don't think I'll be able to be in New york for a while" I looked at him again for a second, his face still like a stone.

"I have an announcement to make" Carla uttered with a smile on her red lips.
"What?" Elena asked waiting for it. Now there was blush on Carla's cheeks.

Azezal didn't seem to be paying any heed to it as he was busy eating.

"I'm pregnant" I stopped playing with my fork. Azezal stopped too. His eyes instantly went to her, too shocked hearing the most unexpected thing to him.

"What??" Elena and Louis exclaimed the same time. But Azezal remained silent, didn't utter a word to her.
"I'm pregnant, Azezal" Carla said to him again with a big smile on her face.

"Congrats" He didn't even stare at her as he said that and stood up. His eyes locked with mine for a tiny while which felt long enough. Then he walked away.

"Azezal" Carla called behind him. And she was almost crying her dramatic cry now. "What happened to him? Does he not want this child? It's his. How can he act like that?"

"Carla, don't cry. It's not like that. I'm going to see that's wrong" Elena went after Azezal while saying some consoles to her.

My eyes were on my plate now. I kept on fidgeting with my spoon and bit onto my lower lip as if it will not let any sound of ache escape my mouth. He is going to marry her this month. She is pregnant with his child.

"I need to use the restroom" I walked away from there, climbed up the stairs and unknowingly I found myself at the open swimming pool area. I don't know why am I here. Probably because the first time I saw him here, in this house is here. Or probably to get some fresh air.

I stopped infront of the swimming pool and stepped backward. My nerves wreak everytime I see this pool. Not only because of my aquaphobia but because what I faced here too. The first time I meet him here, in this house, he let me fall in this pool. God knows how much he hates me and god knows why does he hate me so much, when all I have is the reasons to hate him.

Why does it concern me? Why does it hurt me now? After everything he's done to me, it's better he just gets married. Why does it ache my heart?

"Leera" I heard someone say my name. I wiped off the tear that slipped off unwantedly. I turned around. "Do you think I'm blind?"
"What do you mean, Carla?" I asked confused.
She seemed furyed. "Did you think I never notice how you stare at my fiancee" the way she said her fiancee instead of his name made it sound more possessive.

"Excuse me? What are you talking about?" She stepped closer to me. Her face looked just as an angry witch.
"Last night when he went to your place just because Elena asked him to check on you if you safely reached home or not, what took him so much time? Why was he shirtless and soaked wet when he returned home late at night?" She's practically barking at my face and my mouth didn't know how to talk back cause I actually don't know or remember anything from last night. But I do know that nothing probably happened between us.

"What are bitch you are to steal some other's girl soon to be husband. Don't you feel ashamed?" She pushed at my shoulder and I stumber backward.
"Look Carla, it's nothing like what you are presuming-" i couldn't finish what I was trying to explain to her, with the second push I fell backward losing my balance. My feet tipped of and I fell directly onto the pool with a splash.

My breaths stopped. My heartbeats quickened. I can't inhale.
Water. Water. Water.
Everywhere is water.
My limbs started to move but no words escaped my mouth because I'm already dying struggling to breath.

I'll die. I'll die. I'll die.

AZEZAL POV

When I came to my all time relaxation place, to get some air and think, what I saw fastened my heartbeats. She was struggling in water. Her aquaphobia. Fuck!

"Azezal" Carla called my name when I jumped off into the water but all in my mind is how to save her. I wish it's just not too long enough.

Before I could reach and grab her, she stopped her struggles whichever frightened me even more.
"Leera?" I shouted but she didn't move. I finally got her in my arms. I held her small, delicate face between my hands.
"Leera? Open your eyes Amore" I hugged her and finally breathed and that's when it hit me I wasn't breathing the whole time. "You are fine. You are fine. I'm here" I murmured in her ear, holding her near me. Assuring her she is safe.

I bought her above and laid her on the coach.
Holding onto her hand, I gently moved her soaked hair strands from her face. I knew I'm afraid for the first time just with the thought of losing her before I even got her back.

I gave her chest compressions but there was no response from her.

"Leera? Open your eyes?" I caressed her cheek but she gave no response. I got her into my arms and headed towards the nearest room.
"Azezal, I-"Carla came behind me. "Shut the fuck up" it's only me who knows how am I not strangling this woman to dead after what she has done to my Amore. If I have not been holding Leera, I would surely have smashed this woman's head on the fucking damn wall.

I got her inside the nearest guest room and laid her onto the bed. And called the doctor which checked on her the last time.

He is already here with my strick threat of killing him if he wouldn't be here in 5 minutes. He checked on her and assured, she will be fine. Gladly it wasn't much time she was in water. He said she had a panic attack in water because of her aquaphobia that's why she fainted and told that to look after her after she wakes up.

After he left, I sat next to her. "I'm sorry, Leera. You won't face this ever again. I can't lose you again"
The door cracked open and I stood up. Elena and Louis came inside with anxious face. When they were with her I went out.

My blood boiled with fury. Was that fucking bitch out of mind? I jerked open the door, she was standing there. "Azezal-" and before any other words left her mouth I found myself strangling her. "You pushed her into the pool. Didn't you?" Her hands started to struggle to free herself from me. Her face reddened as she couldn't breath. The satisfaction I'm getting just by seeing her struggling to breath isn't even equal to how much I was frightened to see my Amore in water.

I'll kill her. I'll kill her.

"Best friend" I heard a cry from my behind and my hands were removed from her.
"Leera. Leera. What happened to Leera?" There were a few drops of tears in his eyes about to fall down. "She is fine, Aaron. Why are you crying?" I removed the tear that fell down his pudgy cheek.

"Why is she not opening her eyes?" He asked in his tiny crying voice.
"She is sleeping that's why"
"But i heard mama say she fainted in water to Louis"
"No Aaron. She just wanted to swim and now she is tired, So she is sleeping. You go arrange your puzzle before she wakes up and surprise her. Alright?"
"Okay" he wiped his face with his tiny hands and ran away.

"Azezal. Listen to me" I didn't turn to see that woman again or I'll kill her this time.

I went to the room to check on her again. The door was ajar. I stopped when I heard low murmurs and sobs.

Louis was sitting with her. She was awake now, crying. I saw Louis hugging her the next moment. "Leera, calm down. I'm here with you. Shush" he said to her while hugging her and she kept trying to breath between her sobs. Her hands wrapped around him.
"Louis- I... I would have died. I.. " he pat on her back and asked her not to talk.
"You... you saved me in Malta or I have.. died" she sobbed again, struggling to speak.

My mind put it together. Louis saved her in Malta from the verge of death? That's where the aquaphobia came from. It wasn't with her before. She almost faced death, my heart tightened thinking about it. What if she died taht day? What if she died today?

"Louis I'm sorry... you saved me.. but I-" Louis kissed her head. My hands turned into fist but I remained silent. He parted and looked at her eyes holding onto her arms.

"I love you, Leera" he confessed. I don't know how am I still standing here. And when her eyes came behind him she caught me standing here. She saw me. Her eyes tear stricken, she was inhaling heavy breaths, her sobs didn't stop.

Then she pulled her hands to his neck and bought his face to hers and then their lips collided. Her teary eyes were at mine when she kissed him as if she is trying to take revenge from me.

I stepped back cause I couldn't stand there any longer. My fist collided with the wall, my head banged with so much vexation.

All that ran in my head is 'He won't see the next morning. He won't breath the next day.'

________________________________________

Not edited.

If you guys wish for fast updates, keep voting and giving me feedbacks as much as you can. And do flw me :)

Vote, Comment and Share ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 2.2K 8
Chanel Brown was in a mess. She needed a lot of money and she needed it fast. Her job was not giving her enough and she was having a hard time. Alf...
228K 10.8K 81
𝐀𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐜 I was broken. I was deceived. I was betrayed. I was familiar only with emotions of pain and anger. Darkness was a part of me. There was...
59.7K 1.1K 52
This story is purely made from my Imagination. A Mafia Romance By Dylanobriensmami ---------------------- 𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒 I was sen...