Chasing Freedom

Av __Unknown__________

NEW COVER :) 'I promise i will get justice for you i promise'..... John proclaimed when he found his Friend'... Mer

Author's note
Chapter 1: John Steve
Chapter 2: Illusions
Chapter 3:The beginning of an end
Chapter 4: M&M Enterprise
Chapter 6: Graduating From High school I
Chapter 7: Graduating from High School II
Chapter 8: On the run!
Chapter 9: The bitter truth
Chapter 10: Expect the unexpected.
Chapter 11: Friend!
Chapter 12: Shock!
Chapter 13: University of Downtown.
Chapter 14: Is it worth dying for.?
Chapter 15: Trust the right person.

Chapter 5: The Hate you Give

22 6 2
Av __Unknown__________

*The picture above is the best description of how I've been for some days now*

UNEDITED

"I heard what happened to my son today"

"Uhm sir please don't be mad, that is the boy who did it and I'll make sure he gets punished". Mr Barry said pointing at John.

"Hey son what's your name" Mr Harry asked John while scrutinizing him.

"Sir, my name is John, John Steve" he answered with his head low to the ground. The answer caught Mr Harry off guard and he gasped a little bit but then tries not to show his shock and plays it cool. So he decides to ask one more question to confirm his doubts.

"Hhmm, so Johnny where does your da-" he was in the middle of his questioning when John cut him short.

" My dad died some weeks ago due to an unknown cause but with time we'll get to know the cause"

I think he's the one I think he's Steve's son.

"Uhm I'm sorry about that" he replies and he immediately begins to sweat.

" Alright then Mr Barry I'll take my leave now" Mr Harry says as he loosens his tie.
         The door opens and Mr Harry left with so much shock and at the same time fuming. "John you are going to serve your punishment for three straight months!" Mr Barry yells. "Okay sir" John murmurs.

"I have get this boy out of the way before he becomes a problem for us". Mr Harry thinks as he drives.

"Hello, can we meet at the store, it's urgent."
"Uhm why do you sound so serious and  angry"
"Just meet me there I'll tell u everything".

After a thirty minutes drive he stops at an old grocery store at the out skirts of town. He goes into the store and meets a man dressed in all black and his face covered with a mask.

"What's wrong sir?"the man says as he moves closer to Mr Harry
"Your job is not yet done" Mr Harry says.
"How sir?"
"There's still a piece of our last victim roaming in the streets"
"What do you mean" the man now says now raising his voice
"Steve has a son" Mr Harry answers him and faces the window.
"Just text me his picture"
"Okay then"
"But this will cause extra charges"
"Don't worry about the money, just get the job done."And with that Mr Harry walks to his car and zooms off.

****
         John continues with his detention and and additional one week of cleaning the hallways after a meeting with the school management. Today is his last day of punishment and he walks into the school with the same look since the fight.

"Come on man you've been looking so worn out and dull for the past two weeks now, at least be lively today since the stuff will soon be over." Hakeem complained as both walk in the hallway in the direction of their class.

"Just forget it man the only reason I got into this mess was me trying to be nice and considerate with people." John blurts out with out any form of emotion.

"Well maybe she can cheer you up" Hakeem says pointing to their front as Maya walks towards them.

"Urrghh please she's been trying for the whole week today's not anything different." John grins as he looks up to her.

John and Maya have been getting along lately, she even waits for him until he finishes his detention and they both walk home together. John has been avoiding people since "the incident" and doesn't show any emotion on what is going on around him and he is preparing to withdraw from the investigation on his father's death. Maya has been trying to advice him not to and also to cheer him up but still no progress. Today being Friday is his last day of detention.

Maya come towards them wearing a white sweat shirt and a dark blue sweat pants, her black hair tied into a ponytail tail and she carries a big smile on her face.

"Hello boys." Maya says as she holds puts out one ear of her earpiece from her ear

"Hi Maya" Hakeem says.
"What brings you hear,please I'm not ready for your lectures today"John blurts out as he gestures for her to get out of the way.

"Well I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I don't think I'm stopping anytime soon. Oh and I heard today is your last dayyyy" Maya says in a split second with so much enthusiasm.

"Well what's so good about me finishing it's not the my life will change in any way"

Hakeem just stands there watching the two start their daily argument.

"C'mon John stop being a-" she was about to start the advices and lectures when the bell rings for first period.

"Well sorry but someone doesn't have time for lectures" John says as he pokes her with his pen

"Stop stop you jerk you got away today but not forever"She says and immediately moves to her class.

"Hey, Maya" John calls her and as she turns he annoyingly smirks at her. She turns back and hisses.

He then turns to Hakeem who was sidelined throughout the whole conversation and they both let out a hard laugh so hard that Maya could here them.

"And there you have it" Maya says and puts on a smile.

First period was a disaster for John.

It was chemistry practical and Eric planned with his other friend, Jamil to prank John for what he did to their friend.
Instead of doing what the teacher was telling them Eric decided to make an evil plan. "Hey Jamil, I have a plan for little Johnny haha you just go tell him he should come and help you with the mixing. At my signal."

"...you have to be very careful when doing this..." Mr Kevin was explaining when Jamil taps John.

"Hey what's up man."

John was shocked at first but decided to answer.
"I'm good"

"I want you to help me with something over there" he says as he points to where Eric stands and winks at him.

"Well if won't take long then okay cause I don't wanna miss this practical."

Both go to the other edge of the class and Jamil asks John to help him with the mixing.
John who didn't want to take any longer decides to do it without questioning. As he finishes turning the mixture Eric and Jamil quickly zip up there protective suits and glasses then the class goes

BOOM!!!

There was foam all over the class and everyone turned to look at where the explosion came from and there stood John holding the mixer,confused as ever. He looks behind him to see wether Eric and Jamil are there but to his surprise, he sees dem in the middle of the crowd behind the teacher.

"So you think what we are doing here is a joke right?" Mr Kevin shouted at the top of his voice, even people passing by the class could here.

"Sir I can explain-" he started but was cut short by Mr Kevin. "I don't want any of your explanations"
"You have one week of detention." With that Mr Kevin storms out of the class.

John looked at the two and they both laugh at him.
"That's what you get for touching a member of the brotherhood." They pick their things and leave the class.

John was furious but remembers he decided to avoid any form of trouble since the incident.

"Come on John; let's go meet him in his office."

"Nah man just forget it" John leaves with his mood back to how it was for the past week.

*Bell rings*
The hallways are crowded again with senior boys shouting and hitting their lockers while freshers are walking directly towards the cafeteria.

Maya walks down the stairs and straight to John's locker.
"Hey I heard you got detention again. Can't you just stop getting into trouble for once. Few hours ago we were rejoicing that today was your last day and now this. I mean I just can't-"

"What if it wasn't my fault"John cuts her off and stares dead into her eyes.

"Well it's surely your fault, you were the one holding the mixer. Like why would someone just make some rubbish mixture instead of paying attention to the teacher. That is really dumb to me" she kept on blabbing without stopping for him to explain what happened.

"Can you just listen for once? Or you know what,it's no use." John turns and leaves to get something to eat.

"John, John come back John" she yells but no answer.

"Just leave that looser, your boyfriend will be back on Monday and I'm pretty sure you miss him" a voice with so much ego says behind her.

"Urgh Eric please this is not the time"

"Wait have you been hanging around with that jerk?" He says as he points to the direction John went." He beats up your boyfriend and hanging out with him is how you will pay back"

"Well Eric, why will I be angry with him when he wasn't at fault. In fact he is nicer than my so-called boyfriend." Maya says bluntly.

"Wow wow Luc must here of this" he runs off to only God knows where.

Maya let's out a sigh and she goes to meet John. On her way she bumps into Hakeem. She tells him what is going on and they both go to meet John to resolve the issue.
        John wasn't ready to talk and he told Hakeem to tell her that she should just leave. Maya leaves in tears, Hakeem tries to make John understand that she did what she did unintentionally. John just walks out out Hakeem and says he doesn't want to get into any misunderstanding with Hakeem but if they continue this conversation they might as well have some issues.

Fourth, fifth,six and seventh period all went by with all three moody. When John and Maya had the same class he would sit far away from her and avoiding any conversation with her. The bell rings and it's closing. John carries on with his detention and cleaning of lockers.

"Well at least this will end today" John murmured to himself while cleaning.

Maya waits for him throughout the detention classes. When John comes out he didn't even look at her as he puts his earphones and walks home. She was saddened by what he did and kept on following him until he stops and answers her.

"What do you want" he says as he turns to face her.

"John I'm sorry I know I haven't been a good listener lately, Hakeem told me everything and it wasn't your fault." She says in a sad tone looking at the ground.

"Okay is that all?" He says.

"John why this sudden change of mood, please don't do this to me"

"Maya, your boyfriend is coming back on Monday and I don't want to be a cause of your break up so please let's just go back to the hi and hello days. I mean I don't even know how we got this close in just two weeks but I think it's for the best" he says in a soft tone as he raises her face up.

"I'm sorry" and with that they both walk silently together and she was behind him because he walks faster than her.

"John I think someone is following us" she says but he just shrugs it off thinking she just wanted them to talk. "John! I'm not joking just look behind you"

As he looks over his shoulder he sees a tall muscular man in a black suits with sunglasses making a phone call and moving faster towards them. John grabs her hand and they start walking faster. But the man was getting faster. As he looks up the next corner, he sees another guy in the same dressing moving towards them also. They stop for a moment and he looks around, then there was an alley on the other side of the road.

*Honk* hooonnkkkkk* the cars kept on pressing their horns as John and Maya move in between cars with one almost hitting Maya. They reach the alley and run as fast as they could without minding where the alley leads to. As the two guys become out of sight,Maya stopped to catch her breath because they have been running between buildings for almost twenty minutes. She bring out her phone to locate where the closest police station is.

"John there is a police station opposite Grab 'n' chill groceries which is 10 minutes away." She says in the middle of panting.

"Ohh good that's where my uncle works. Holy shit I can see them come on let's go."

They both speed up and they where almost at the police station when Maya trips and falls on the sidewalk and bruises her knee.

"Get up we are almost there" John says desperately as he gives her a hand.

But Maya couldn't stand she, she tries every possible way to get up but nothing. John stood there out of  ideas and the two guys became closer.

"Over there get them!" The first guy yells as they cross the road.

"Come on Maya, come on" John keeps saying.

She lets out a loud grunt as she gets up, her knee was injured but she persevered and they continue moving but slower this time.

"I don't think I can move any further John" she says as she groans in pain.

"No don't say that we will get to the police station together no matter what."  John says with his voice cracking.

He paces around her hurriedly thinking of what to do and as the men get closer to them he sees a little space between some buildings, he drags her into the space. As they get to where they are he just into the opening and closes her mouth in order for them not to hear her.

They looked around and saw the earpiece which belonged to John and the first guy picked it up.

"Jeez" John whispered as sweat roles down his temples.

They look around for a moment but didn't see them so the guy called his boss.

"Sir we almost got them but-"

"But what"

"They got away" the man said.

"How can you let him get away Uhm wait you said them?"

"Yess sir he isn't alone"

"Just leave there now and come to my place." The man on the phone orders.

The two run off and John waited until they were out of sight before he came out.

"How are u feeling" John asks

"My knee is badly injured" she says as she lies helpless and tired on the floor.

He picks her up and they make for the police station.

Hello people of earth.

*sigh*

It's been a while but I'm back so we thank God. Thanks for your support it really helps.
Slow and steady wins the race. I have been busy with exams but I'll try as much as possible to update frequently.

What do u think about the twist and turns, please tell me your opinions is the comment section.

Ohh and yeah thank you for over hundred reads let's keep going please🙏🏾.

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Thank you 🙏🏾.
الحمدلله 📿📿

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

232 21 21
Noah Everlie Transit's world just got turned up side down, or maybe right side up when you really think about it. When the police show up at her door...
White Lies (Book 1) Av Lily W

Mysterium / Thriller

10.6M 179K 44
Jesabel is a liar. When her only friend mysteriously disappears, she does what comes naturally. She keeps her truth from the world. Without warning...
810 119 53
Ronnie thought nothing could go wrong in her life until her family disappears one day and her life starts to spiral downwards. To be able to survive...
Ophiuchus Av rainshine03

General Fiction

6K 370 19
Matthew and Camille, Camille and Matthew. That's how things have always been. Despite living with an abusive father and an emotionally unstable and a...