The Infinity Dragon Emperor:...

By averageidiot132

Prequel to The Infinity Dragon Emperor. Y/N was your average Japanese delinquent. Colourful hair, flashy clot... More

YEAR 1: Chapter 1: The Problem Child
YEAR 1: Chapter 2: Encounter With The Supernatural
Year 1: Chapter 3: Fallen Freestyle
YEAR 1: Chapter 4: Brick Wall Brawl
Year 1: Chapter 5: The Quest For Cake
Year 1: Chapter 6: Don't Let The Dead Bite

Prologue:

2.1K 41 43
By averageidiot132

//2005//

Rain poured down from the sky, drenching anything that dared stay out in the open. While people in the where constantly pushing eachother, looking for a place to get some cover, a lone girl who looked no older than 12 stood in the middle of the street.

She had long black hair and wore a gothic lolita style dress. Her eyes where a washed out purple, so washed out you could barely tell if her eyes held any colour in them. Her dead, empty eyes gazed up at the clouds with an emotionless stare.

OPHIS "THIS IS SO SAD" OUROBOROS

"Hah! You thought I actually cared for you!? You foolish dragon, I'm a descendant of the great house of Leviathan! Such emotions are nothing to me!"

The girl chuckled at the situation she found herself in. Lost and alone. For the third time in her life, she felt a negative emotion. Pain.

"Hehe. Of course... Why, would a devil, care about somebody, other than themselves." Ophis smiled.

If you were to see her yourself, you'd think she had a screw loose. Luckily she had the forethought to turn invisible to everyone who wasn't a powerful entity.

Tears fell down her cheeks, but the smile never left her face. "I was a fool. The only person, who can beat Baka-Red, is Six and I. So stupid, relying on devils."

Unbeknownst to her, an unassuming man with a striking resemblance saw her.

"Hmm? Why is that girl crouched in the rain? Doesn't she know she'll get sick? Or...has she lost her purpose in life?" The man concluded.

"Oi, you're gonna catch cold standing there."

Ophis flinched before looking over at the deep voice that called her.

The man was tall, atleast for a Japanese man, and he had an imposing air around him.

"You can see me?"

"Hmm? It's not hard. You're the only person standing still after all. Come on, I'll buy you an umbrella." The man graciously offered.

Ophis stood up from her crouched position, but didn't move. "Why, are you helping me? I, am a complete stranger."

"Nani?" The man asked incredulously. "Who wouldn't help out a kid your age? Besides, I was at this point a few years ago and a good man offered to me his aid. Consider this paying it forward."

Ophis still didn't move. "...Are you, willing to listen?"

"Listen? I mean...I have some time, but not that much."

"In that case, give me some advice." Ophis breathed out a sigh, clutching her right arm with her left hand. "How does one cope, when betrayed by, someone they hold dear? Someone who, they loved...with all their heart."

The man looked down at the girl. "Heartbreak huh? And at such a young age. Guess it had to happen at some point, but how do I respond to that?"

Offer moral support.

Tell her she'll get over it.

You should've tried harder!

The man shook his head at those last 2 options. "That's the last thing this girl needs right now."

"Well? Are you, not going to help?"

"Betrayal? I guess...I wouldn't let it stop me. I'd stop at nothing to find out the reason why they changed, and if I could help them."

Ophis turned her head curiously. "You, would help them? Even after that...trash, used you as nothing but a stepping stone?"

"Trash? Whoever this kid is, he must be a real womanizer." The man nodded his head. "Of course I would. my love for them doesn't diminish simply because they left me behind. My brother betrayed me and I'll fight through every punk in Kamurocho to get the chance to knock some sense into him. Preferably on a rooftop or in some tall building."

"...What if, your brother was beyond saving?"

"Well...Life goes on I guess. I'll still help new people, maybe raise a kid or two, get a job as a taxi driver or something."

"...Why are you so willing to help?"

The man paused for a moment. He never really considered the why, opting to do first and ask questions later. "...I don't know. I guess I'm just trying to make Kazuma-san proud."

"Kazama-san?" Ophis tilted her head again.

"Oh, Kazama is...the man I consider as my father. He took me and my brother in after we were orphaned and never asked for anything in return. He's a great man, and I strive to be half the man he is...was."

Ophis looked at the man and considered everything he said. "This human...his, selflessness knows no bounds. Of course, humanity...they, hold the power to defeat Baka-Red!"

Ophis bowed to the man. "Thank you, Oji-san. May I know, your name?"

"Hm? My name is Kiryu. What ab-"

"Thank you, Kiryu-san. Please take this as thanks." Ophis placed a small locket in his hands. That was not the true gift she was giving him however.

On his back, the man's tattoo shined brightly, a small fragment of supernatural strength now residing in the man.

"Please, use this, to become the same type of man as Kazama-san."

"Uh...Yeah. This locket will be a good luck charm. Thank you." Kiryu smiled while putting it in his pocket. His smile disappeared as he sensed someone approaching.

Ophis then bowed once more before walking off into the bustling streets of Kamurocho.

"K-K...KIIIIIRRRYUUU-CHAA-OHRGH!" The man wearing zombie makeup charged Kiryu only to get hit with a punch that could easily drop a tiger.

Kiryu waited for the man to get up, but realized he was out cold. "Huh? That's new."

He pulled out the locket that he was planning on pawning off. "What a strange girl. A locket huh? Maybe I'll put a picture of Haruka and Yumi once we meet back up again."

Ophis wandered into a back alley where no one would see her. "A human, that would be willing to drop everything to help someone in need. A human, that is strong enough to handle my strength. A human, who is true to themself. These shall be the parameters to my awakening."

Glowing slightly she smiled genuinely this time. "I, may have lost you Katarea...But I, will never forget the person you were..."

Disappearing from the alley, a drunken man got up off the ground and looked at where Ophis once was. "I'm shitfaced. I thinks I'm done fur tha night." He drunkenly layed down on the ground, falling asleep.

//The next day//

"WHERE THE FUCK IS HE!?"

"M-Ma'am! You need to calm down!" The doctor tried calming down the seething woman.

Who is this woman? I hear you ask?

M/N "THAT'S MY SECRET, I'M ALWAYS ANGRY" TACHIBANA

"HE BETTER NOT FUCKING MISS HIS CHILD'S BIRTH!"

"Ah." The doctor calmly stated, dread crawling up his spine.

The woman noticed she was no longer in pain. "Doc...?"

"Ahm...would you like to cut the cord?"

"...That son of a bitch. CUT IT QUICK SO I CAN GET OUT OF THIS BED AND BEAT HIS ASS WITH HIS 9-IRON!"

//Meanwhile//

A man dressed in golf attire watched as his first swing landed right in the bunker.

F/N "DOORMAN" L/N

He sratched his beard in thought. "Hmm...That's a bad omen...Did I forget something, perhaps?"

"If you forgot it probably wasn't that important anyways. Wanna take a mulligan?" His partner offered.

"Hmm...Yeah, sounds good."

And this is the family A certain child would be born into. Things could only go well.

////

This is it.

The early chapters of The Infinity Dragon Emperor kinda glossed over everything about Y/N because I didn't expect many people to like the story.

Overtime, I've given small glimpses into Y/N's life, but nothing really regarding Ophis motivations.

While it will still contain the usual "charm" my stories hold, this is definitely going to be focused on the relationship between Y/N and Ophis. Kinda slife of life ish.

"Babaaababababa!"

Hmm? What's that baby Y/N? Are you trying to say your first words?

"Sl...sa...SLICE OF LIFE? DIVIDE IT THE HARD WAY! MANUALLY!"

*Sigh* Why'd I expect anything less?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 423 13
𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞, 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐲, 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐢𝐤𝐨. 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐚 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳...
86.7K 1.8K 16
Your a normal high school named y/n l/n. Your an omega and was fated to a alpha since birth. Right now your not even thing about your soulmate but w...
90.1K 1.9K 25
y/n was a normal kid he didn't stick out much in school and kept to himself that was until a devil, and a dragon approached him
1M 48.1K 47
(There is no romance in this story) It all comes down to the day, when heroes realize they can't win. Y/N is a 14 year old who will do anything to a...