The Vampire Slayer Diaries

Irunwithwolves89 tarafından

Victoria Northman is a Dhampir born into a Lycan-vampire family but raised in a human world. She's also a vam... Daha Fazla

Northman House
Casting*
When she was bad*
Some Assembly Required*
School hard*
Inca Mummy Girl*
Reptile Boy*
Halloween*
Lie To Me*
What's My Line*
Ted*
Bad Eggs*
Phases*
Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
Passion
I Only Have Eyes For You
Becoming
Season Three: Victoria Northman
Season Three: Anne
Dead Man's Party
Beauty and the Beasts
Homecoming
Band Candy!
Lovers Walk
The Wish
Amends
The Helpless
The Zeppo
Bad Girls
Consequences
Dopplegangland
Enemies
Earshot
Choices
Prom
Graduation Day Pt 1
Graduation Pt 2
Season Four :)
The Freshman
Living Conditions
The Harsh Light of Day
Fear It's Self
Beer Bad
Wild At Heart
The Initiative
Pangs
Something Blue
Hush
Doomed
A New Man
The I In Team
Goodbye Iowa
This Year's Girl
Who Are You?
Superstar
Where The Wild Things Are
New Moon Raising
The Yoko Factor
Primeval
Restless
Season Five
Dracula
Real Me
The Replacement
Out Of My Mind
No Place Like Home
Family
Fool For Love
Shadows
Listening To Fear
Into The Woods
Triangle
Checkpoint
Blood Ties
Crush
I was made to love you
The Body
Intervention
Tough Love
Spiral
The Weight of the World
The Gift
Season Six
She's Back!
Afterlife
Flooded
Life Serial
All The Way
Once More With Feeling
Tabula Rasa
Smashed
Wrecked
Gone
Double Meat Palace
Dead Things
As You Were
Hells Bells
Normal Again
Entropy
Seeing Red
Villains
Two To Go
Grave and a Blessing
Season Seven
Lessons
Beneath You
Same Time, Same Place
Help
Selfless
Him
Conversations With Dead People
Sleeper
Never Leave Me
Bring on the Night
Show Time
Potential
The Killer in Me
First Date
Get It Done
Lies My Parents Told Me
Dirty Girls
Empty Places
Touched
End Of Days
N/A

Older And Far Away

242 3 0
Irunwithwolves89 tarafından

Standing in the kitchen, I was finishing the dishes and tending to household chores. My music was blasting Evanescence, thinking about things and let out a sigh. My bag was sitting on the counter, almost packed.

'Call my name and save me from the dark'

"Hey." I heard a voice greet and turned seeing Nicky with his backpack, setting it on the counter next to mine. "You okay? thought you had plans with Spike."

"Not tonight, I haven't been feeling all that great" I told him turning the water off and dried my hands, turning my music off. "So since Buffy's gone having a spa day with her mom and Dawn, I'm gonna head to the shop to work on tracking the geek squad down, I can't touch them, but I can still find them and watch Buffy pummel the idiots."

He gave me a look before nodding. 

"Plus planning the menu for Buffy's party." I added heading over to the cupboard to grab one of our cookbooks, packing it in my bag. 

"You're going to use Gregory's?" Nick asked making me nod. 

"Uncle Gregory was the best when it came to party food." I told him. "Grandma took me to visit him and Elijah every summer and he used to make this amazing mozzarella bruschetta with bits of chicken, it reminded me of a cheesy chicken Alfredo, it was really good."  

He nodded.

"You heading out with the V club?" I asked taking my bag and headed into the living room setting my bag on the couch. 

"A little later I was actually asked if I would take Nina's shift so I gotta work." 

"What happened with Nina?" I asked frowning.

"She and Axel have plans." He said following me. "I don't understand how vampires find their mates before we do, why do we have to wait for the big eighteen?"

"Actually, that's a lie we can meet our mate anytime." I told him earning a look. "It normally happens at sixteen depending on the pair of mates and the situation but it would be better if you waited until your eighteen to do all the mating bond stuff." 

"What do you mean?" 

"It has to do with Godric being sixteen when he was turned or so that's what I heard.. some say it's also why Anna never aged" I said grabbing my leather jacket off the couch. "But it's tricky because some mates are born before the other and some die before they get the chance to meet..." 

"But you and Mama didn't find yours until eighteen?" 

"That's not entirely true either." I told him crossing my arms. "I kinda knew Spike was mine the moment I saw him." 

Nick looked at me tilting his head at me. 

 "When I was sixteen, I started having these weird dreams I could never see his face only his eyes." I added sighing. "But when we came face to face, I recognized him instantly, I hated him so much, I refused to accept him and so I moved on started dating Oz but the dreams never stopped, it was such a confusing time."

"So, we dream of them before meeting them?" He asked in confusion. 

"I'm not completely sure. For me it was the dreams, the pain and those sparks. The more I accepted he is my mate the stronger the feeling was and is. It happened to me but that doesn't mean you'll get them." I said shrugging.  "Like I said it's different for each pair." 

"It's weird and creepy, that's what it is." Nick said making me look at him.  "Dreaming of a complete stranger and having to see them every single night and day, that would get boring."

"That's the way mates are Nicky, heck that's what love is" I told him smiling lightly at him. "No one knows why they exist or how they're chosen, they just are, and it's really complicated, someday you'll understand, it's fate we all go through it."

I turned to finish packing my bag.

"Wish the fates would hurry up with mine." He said sighing and shrugged. 

I could sense the emotion behind it.

"Things still off with Dawn?" I asked knowingly, stopping to look at him. 

"We hang out like normal, but we haven't really talked, I don't know what to do or say."  He told me honestly making me frown, feeling bad for my little brother. 

"I'm sorry." I told him. "The only thing I can say is patience she's probably going through the same mixed feelings as you are, she's confused."

"Like I'm not?" 

"She has a lot more riding on it than you do Nicky" I told him lightly. "If she's not your mate then all the things you did, all the effort and love you put into it will be for nothing and Dawn will be the one hurt she doesn't understand our world so it's harder on her."

"So, then what do I do?"

"Like I said be patient." I told him crossing my arms. "I know you want Dawn to be yours, but this isn't something you can force, so give her some space."

He frowned.

"I'm not saying you have to stop hanging out." I said knowingly. "But until you know for sure that she is your mate, maybe don't be so close for now, Dawn's a fourteen-year-old human girl, most girls that age are sensitive and going through things, I remember when I was fourteen going through all those emotions." 

"I'm so glad I'm not a girl." He said jokingly making me look at him raising an eyebrow. "I don't think I'll ever understand you." 

"And you think men aren't confusing?" I asked retorting earning a grin. 

We picked up our bags and headed to the door and walked out. I turned closing the door behind us and locked it before walking down the front steps stopping on the sidewalk. 

"Okay well we should get going then." I told him earning a smile. We headed across the field together and kept talking back and forth about the mates in our family.  

---------------------------------------

Sitting in the magic shop Nick was manning the freezer looking bored, he only had a few customers. Anya was by the shelves dusting the statues. 

Xander, Willow and I were sitting around at the small table doing paperwork, I was checking out maps circling where the nerd squad could be and where they were while going over my party list. 

"Do you think we should set up lots of candles for Buffy's party tomorrow?" Anya asked. 

"Not if they're that horrible slug kind you keep trying to unload." I told her snarky, not looking at her. "I've gotten an earful from some of the clients with enhanced smell." 

"I don't know why people get so turned off by slug." Anya said walking past. 

"Honey slugs get turned off by slug." Xander told her. 

"Oh, actually I wanted to talk to you about that." I said glancing up at Willow.

"Slugs?" Willow asked. 

"No, the party." I told her trying to be gentle. "Tara...at the party."

Xander nodded in agreement.

"Oh." Willow muttered. 

"it's just..." Xander said quietly. "Buffy really wants her there, it seems important to her. So, we told her we'd ask you." He glanced at me wearily. 

"Oh...yeah." Willow said smiling. "Of course, she should totally be there. It'll be great."

Xander and I shared a look.

The door opened; Dawn entered drawing our attention.

"Hey!" She greeted smiling. 

"Hey, thought you were doing girlie things." Nick said earning a nod. 

"I was, we just got back, Buffy went out to work and mom had stuff to do so I came here." She said shrugging.

"Did she want help?" I asked. 

She shook her head. 

"She said she could handle it, after a day of being pampered she said she was itching to beat something up" She told me making me nod, I grinned at that.

"So, Tor uh anything new about Warren and the nerd herd?" Xander asked looking at me. 

"Nope." I told them watching Nick hand a freezer bag to a customer and glanced back at Xander. "I keep going back to where they've been to pick up scents, but they keep leading me in circles, it really sucks when the prey outsmarts the hunter."

"Man, a nerd goes into hiding, he really goes into hiding." Xander retorted making me nod angrily. 

"So, anyone wanna come with me to the mall for birthday presents?"  Dawn asked glancing at Nick and the rest of us. 

I noticed Nick staring at her, I could almost see the gears grinding in his head, clearly overthinking. 

"I have to work." Nick told her regretfully making her look down frowning for a minute. 

"Tori you love shopping?" Dawn asked shaking it off, looking at me pleading.

"I would love any excuse to go shopping but I have some hunting to do." I told her softly. "Finding those nerds are number one on my list right now. Deal with them first celebrate later" 

"Okay well Willow?"

"Oh, I would honey, but.... I've got my group. You know the whole Spellcasters Anonymous thing Tori signed me up for? We're still looking for a better name." 

"Oh, well yeah, uh no that-that's good you should....do that." Dawn said skipping a beat. "So, what about you guys?" 

"Stuck in doing-the-books-ville." Anya told her. 

"Aw, I'd love to go with you but I gotta finish this new shift schedule for the crew by tomorrow morning." Xander said. 

Dawn looked disappointed making me frown regretfully. 

"Sorry Dawnie it just looks like one of those nights." I told her gently. "You know?" 

"Yeah." 

"You okay going on your own?" Nick asked drawing her attention. 

"Yeah, somehow I'll uh, manage to pull it off."  She said earning a small smile. 

She turned and left. 

We went back to what we were doing. 

---------------------------------------

(Small Nick POV)

Sitting in class, I sat bored listening to the teacher, trying my best to pay attention.  

Every once in a while, I would sneak a gummy into my mouth without getting caught. I was sat in the back with the other fangs beside me was Jade, Nina's sister. She was reading her book while behind us was Axel and Nina who wasn't really paying attention and focused on each other and beside Axel was Zeke and our other vamp friends. Dawn was about three desks in front doodling. 

I was trying my best to do what Tori said and be patient, but I was getting tired of waiting. Many of my friends have already started meeting their mates.

"If we can come up with things Jim lost during his years in Shanghai and things he gained."

I wondered if my grandparents ever been to Shanghai. Tori said they've lived almost everywhere in the world, that would be really cool. 

"Excuse me." A voice said. 

"Who wants to-"

I glanced up seeing a student come in, giving the teacher a piece of paper. 

"Dawn." 

Dawn looked up, alarmed. My eyes narrowed in confusion

"They need you in the guidance office."  The teacher told her, making Dawn look back at me nervous. 

I shrugged giving her small reassurance. 

She turned back and gathered her stuff and walked out. 

----------------------------

(Tori POV) 

We were standing in the Summers kitchen, I had a table with several trays of hor-d oeuvres laid out fancy like.  For example, potato fritters, Bruschetta, buffalo wings and a bunch of randoms. 

My grandma's old pack member Gregory Santos was a really great cook, the flavors he used were amazing. His mate Elijah ended up becoming a pack master in Newark back before the big city people came. He was in charge of keeping track of all of the New York wolves and report back to grandma. Gregory ended up learning to cook and opened one of the first diners. Along the way they ended up adopting an orphaned pup Jennifer who had lost her parents in one of the vampire-Lycan wars. Anyway, Jenny grew up, had her own mate and kids and they had kids. Eventually Gregory and Elijah passed away, they tried to keep it in the family but Jenny's grandkids wanted nothing to do with it, the place went to ruin. 

Jenny didn't want to let the recipes fade, so she sent them to my grandma who taught me how to cook them. My mother wasn't much of a cook, so Grams taught me to cook.

 "These smell so good." Anya told me inhaling a plate of chicken fingers. "You have to show me how to do this for the wedding."

"Oh, it's easy really." I told her smiling lightly, handing her a plate of cooked beef, thing of skewers and a special sauce I had already made. "Here I'll show you a simple one. Take the skewer and slide it through." 

Anya stood beside me doing as I instructed while Buffy and Xander sat on the other side of the island. 

"Once it's through, brush the sauce over it." I added grabbing a tiny basting brush and demonstrated. Anya nodded focusing on her task. 

"Can I add anything I want to it? Like different meat? Spam?"

I looked at her almost gagging at the thought of that stuff but shook it off and decided to be nice.

"You can do anything you want, same with the sauce." I told her.

I gave Joyce time off from cooking, since she has helped me so much the least, I could do is help out.

"With this much food." Xander said. "It's almost like you're feeding an army." 

"No, they couldn't make it." Buffy said jokingly. 

"So, who is all coming?" I asked. "You invite anyone else?." 

"Just you guys, Willow, Tara, Spike oh, and Sophie from work." Buffy told us. 

I glanced at her, raising an eyebrow at the mention of Spike before shaking it off and glanced at Xander and Anya. Buffy noticed the expression on our faces.

"What?" She asked looking between us. "Like I'm one of those losers who can't make friends outside her tight little circle. No, I'm friendly. We bonded instantly. Peas in a pod. Bonded peas." 

"Really?" Anya asked. "Um what's Sophie's last name?"

Buffy looked at her, thinking for a moment before frowning. 

"Okay, shut up." 

"Don't worry about it, we're all over the new friend thing." Xander said making Anya smile. 

"What?" Buffy asked looking at me, I shrugged having no idea. She looked back at them confused. "what new friend thing?"

"Well, well...we invited someone for you." Anya told her smiling proudly. 

Buffy looked horrified while I covered my mouth to suppress my grin. 

"A guy." Anya said whispering. 

"For Buffy?" A voice said, I looked up from plating food to see Dawn and Nick enter. Dawn smiled. "Really?" 

"Ahh don't worry it's not a setup." Xander told her. 

"Right no, just an attractive single man, with whom we hope you find much common." Anya said making Buffy look annoyed. "And if you happen to form-"

"Ahn-"

"A romantic relationship leading to babies-"

"Ahn-" 

"And many triple dates with us and Spictoria so we have someone else to talk to yay!"  Anya said finishing quickly. 

I looked at her. 

"Don't be dragging us into this." I told her earning a look. "I've told you, Spike, and I will not be doing the double dating thing with you ever."

Xander looked uncomfortable. 

"I assume this was an act of kindness?" Buffy asked making Xander look embarrassed. "That'll help with the not throttling." 

Buffy gave Xander a meaningful look, he gave a fake laugh. 

"Hey, I'm just gonna get this stuff out there, people should be here soon." Xander said trying to change the subject, he picked up a tray of food and headed out. 

"Nick, Dawn if you could help carry out some trays would be great, please?" I asked giving Nick a stern look.  "I don't think this is a convo for you two to hear."

He nodded, he and Dawn did as I asked. 

Buffy turned back to me. 

"So is Spike coming?" 

I looked at her. 

"I'm not sure." I told her honestly. " I do want my mate and my best friends to get along but I'm not sure if I'm ready for you all to hang out and being friendly ya know." 

She gave me a nod, sighing. 

"Besides there are humans here that don't know what we are which means he has to hide who he is and that's a bit much to except on the first-time you guys hang out... I couldn't do that to him."

"I'm sorry I guess I didn't think about you when inviting."

"Don't worry about it." I said turning to grab a couple trays of food and headed out into the dining room where another table was sat up and sat them down.

-----------------

"Hey, you made it" I heard Buffy say and turned seeing Tara, holding a small box. 

They smiled and hugged.

"Of course, sweetie." Tara said pulling back. 

I walked over to them with a tray of poppers, the smell was making me sick, but I sucked it up not wanting to ruin Buffy's party.

"Hey." I greeted.

Tara pulled from Buffy turning to me. 

"Bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers?" I asked holding the tray out. "I know how you love Jalapenos."

Tara smiled, taking one and bit into it with a crunch, nearly groaning in pleasure making me grin. The girls and I formed a tiny circle by the stairs. 

"Wow these are amazing." She told me looking around. "This place looks great; you really know how to throw a party." 

"Thanks." I told her smiling. "Glad to know if my nursing doesn't take off, I have a shot at party planning."

"So, how're you doing?" She asked finishing up her treat, she turned putting the gift down and hung up her coat.

"I'm okay." I told her honestly lying "I would be even better if I knew the geek squad was gone, they're dangerous to us vamps."

"We'll find them, don't worry." Buffy told me calmly. 

Tara smiled and nodded pointedly with Buffy.

"How are you doing?" Buffy asked. 

We looked at Tara.

"The word 'gulp' comes to mind." Tara told us anxiously. 

"Just remember." I told her sympathetically. "We're all here...to..."

I heard footsteps on the stairs, coming down and turned seeing Willow. I could feel Tara's nerves and glanced at Buffy. 

"I have some empanadas in the oven that I need to check." I muttered walking away. 

"Why don't I help you?" Buffy asked making me nod, we headed into the kitchen. 

--------------------------------------

Back in the kitchen, Buffy was pouring drinks into paper cups from a pitcher of alcohol Felix had sent me. He gave me three bottles of his best stuff. I was working on getting deserts done. 

I was plating homemade cookies, tiny pies, ice cream and mini treats. I had a cake in the oven and was currently working on the decorations. Mixing and forming modeling chocolate and frosting. I had a bowl in my hand mixing a vibrant pink frosting, feeling a little tired of standing at the stove all day when a knock came at the backdoor.  

Smelling bleach Spike and another but there was two other scents mixed in with it, meaning there was a demon. I raised an eyebrow in confusion turning around. Buffy went over to open it.

Spike walked in; he instantly met my eye. He had a six pack under an arm but all I could do was look at him and found myself at ease, like all my energy was coming back. 

"Spike you made it." Buffy said.

"Yeah, well you invited me." Spike said glancing at Buffy and then Tara who had walked in. "Figured we're all part of the team so, thought I'd uh swing by." He looked back at me.

I glanced at Buffy, she smiled at me innocently, I shook it off and turned back to my mate.

"And brought friends?" I asked knowingly sniffing the air. "I can smell them." 

"Yeah, that'd be me." A voice said moving out from behind him. I saw it was the loose skinned demon from the seed bar where Spike took me to play kitten poker. I put my bowl down and turned to him with my full attention.

I crossed my arms, tilting my head at the demon.

"Wait what kind of team is this?" Buffy asked coming up behind me, staring the demon down. 

"Hi, we met once before." The demon said staring at me. 

"Yes, yes we did." I told him in agreement. "I can see the kitten gambling is still happening." 

I gave Spike a look making him grin at me.

The demon looked at Buffy and Tara. 

"Hi, I'm Clement." The demon told them. "Clem."

"Tara."

"Buffy." 

"Not that I mind." I said giving the demon a look over. "But it's not really my party, I'm only the party planner.... Buffy's house, Buffy's party so..." I glanced over at Buffy. 

Buffy looked at me realizing what I was saying.

"Oh, uh sure!" She said exclaiming. "If Tori's okay with it then the more the merrier but how will you deal with the uh." She gestured to his skin.  "There are humans that are blind to your world."

"Skin condition." Clem said like it was nothing.

"Okay well enjoy yourselves." Buffy told him.

"Buffy, are you sure about this?" I asked making her look at me. 

Buffy reached over laying a hand on my forearm. 

"Tor, I know you're worried about how we'll get along." She told me throwing a glance at Spike, then back at me. "But you should give us a test drive, it might not be as bad as you think. You adjust to our world everyday so we should be able to do the same." 

She patted my shoulder, grabbed a cup and headed back into the living room with Tara.

I tilted my head staring at her backside, thinking it over and found myself smiling a little at Buffy's acceptance. I glanced over at Spike, seeing a small smile on his face, our eyes met, and I couldn't look away.

My timer went off causing me to shake my head clear and turned grabbing my oven mitts and pulled out the two cake pans setting them in the freezer to cool off and put in a batch of sugar cookies. 

"Wow so you made all this food?" Clem asked coming over beside me, looking over some of the tasty treats. 

I started working on Buffy's special cake decorations while the cake cooled.

"Uh yeah." I said nodding watching Spike walk over setting his case down. "All the food ready to eat is in the dining room on another table."

--------------------------------------------

Needing a break from the kitchen, I headed into the foyer to grab my water bottle from my bag, feeling hungry.  I don't know why I've been feeling sick, and hungry a lot. 

Uncapping my bottle, I took a drink when I felt Spike slip up behind me and turned to him raising an eyebrow. 

"You wanna slip away for a minute, luv?" He asked making me stare at him. 

He moved in closer, wrapping his arm around my waist and moved a hand down my backside making a small growl escape. His eyes lit up grinning. I instantly knew what he was getting at and while I wanted to... that was not going to happen.

"No way." I told him pushing him away and shook my head. "I don't think so, this is not my house or your crypt... this is not the right place, today I want you cool and collected... this is a chance for you and the gang to hang out." 

He gave me a look.

"This is important to me." I told him gently. "I want my best friends and my mate to get along." I gave him a pleading look. "Please? Just try?"

He stared at me, before letting out a sigh and nodded his head. 

"Fine." 

I grinned, leaning up to kiss his cheek, pulling back I saw a confident grin on his face.

--------------------------------------

A few minutes later I was leaning on the wall of the living room, with Spike standing beside me in the doorway, Spike had his arm hanging around my shoulder loosely.  It was oddly comforting. This was a chance for him to be more social with my friends and to see if we could have a normal relationship.

Buffy was sitting on the couch with Willow on her right and Dawn on her left looking fidgety, Nick sat on the arm of the couch and Joyce was sitting in a chair.  Tara and the demon Clem were sitting together. 

Xander, Anya and some hunky blonde in a red shirt, he was kinda cute except for the Star Trek nerd thing. Human obviously, he was the guy Xander, and Anya were setting Buffy up with. 

Buffy was looking skeptical at a device with a large head on two round knobs on it, Willow's gift. 

"Uh..."

"See?" Willow said showing her how to work it. "I-it's a battery-operated back massager. And it's portable so you can take it with you on patrol." 

I grinned a little at my best friend. 

"Wow." Buffy muttered dubiously. 

"It's like an instant gratification for all your little acheys." Willow told her smiling. 

I sensed Spike looking at me and glanced up seeing a smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes and turned back. 

"Thanks, Will." Buffy told her putting the massager aside. "Uh what's next?" 

"Here!" Dawn said excitedly. "Do mine." 

She turned picking up a large flat box behind her, giving it to Buffy.

Buffy unwrapped it, removing the paper to reveal a plain white box. She opened it and looked inside. 

"Dawn." Buffy muttered surprised. 

"Do you like it?" 

"It's gorgeous." Buffy told her lifting in out of a box. A black leather jacket. 

I stared at it and noticed a very detailing stitch KDL, knowing who it was and smiled at it. 

"I was so nervous I was afraid you wouldn't like it." Dawn said. 

"She'd better like it, that's a Katherine De Lioncourt design." I said drawing their attention.  "I'd know her work anywhere; I have one just like it...actually I have about thirty in different color, she makes all my leather stuff."

Buffy looked at the jacket, frowning. 

"Is she really good?" Dawn asked making me nod. 

"Very." I told her. "Pretty famous among my many friends, Kate is pretty expensive, but she makes a good leather." I paused for a minute. "Don't tell Molly or Lala I said that." 

She grinned at me.

"I-it still has the security tag on it." Buffy muttered.

Dawn looked alarmed, I glanced at her sensing her sudden change in emotion.

"Huh that's go weird." Dawn said covering up. "I can't believe they didn't take that off." 

Buffy and her mother stared at her. 

"Happy birthday, Buffy!" Xander exclaimed. 

Spike moved out of the way as Xander and Anya moved through the doorway with a dolly, wheeling in a large wooden chest. 

"Oh my god!" Buffy exclaimed.

Xander and Anya placed the chest in the middle of the room and gestured proudly. 

"Did you guys make that?" Buffy asked throwing the box down and getting up, rushing over to the chest. 

"Uh well Xander did the building." Anya told her. "I offered helpful suggestions while observing from a safe distance." 

Buffy kneeled down to open the chest, Xander held the lid open and leaned over to speak softly so Richard wouldn't hear. I was able to hear with my enhanced hearing. 

"Holds basic weapons." Xander told her making her smile. "Plus a few non-basic ones too." He got louder. "Plus, there's a handsome CD holder." 

"We wanted you to have something no one else would have." Anya told her. 

"A Xander Harris original." Buffy said turning to them. "I love it, thanks, you guys!"

The doorbell rang, Joyce got up to answer it. Buffy leaned across the chest to kiss Xander on the cheek.

"Tor come check it out." Buffy said waving me over, I laughed at my best friend and pulled from my mate walking over. 

"Not bad now you'll have something to put my gift in." I said earning a look from Buffy. "I had it specially made from a famous bladesmith in Germany who makes all of my daggers, swords, anything with a blade... he's amazing, it's upstairs, I'll give it to you later." 

She nodded.

"Buffy?" 

"This is actually pretty cool Xan." I said giving Xander a look, running my hands over the smooth lid. "If you ever think about going into the wood carving business, I have someone who runs a shop, if you're not opposed to working with a shapeshifter." 

"Buffy." 

Buffy hugged Anya and turned, she smiled big. 

"Welcome!" Buffy said making me turn. A nervous looking woman stood in the doorway. "Uh we're somewhere between uh, presents and cake." She looked at me. "There is gonna be cake eventually, right?" 

I nodded. 

"Currently in the freezer staying cold." I told her. 

She grinned. 

"Hey uh my mom told me to say thank you right away' cause otherwise I usually forget." The woman said walking into the room. "So, thank you, and also um, I can't have any, any chocolate or or peanuts or egg yolks." 

"Is this the friend you brought from work?" Anya said whispering to Buffy and I. 

"Yes." Buffy said quietly.

"A-and sometimes dairy." 

"That's no problem." I told her kindly. "There are plenty of other deserts I made, all different kinds for everyone."

The girl looked at everyone else. Clem gave her a friendly smile and wave, causing me to raise an eyebrow. Tara smiled too.

"Our friend is better." Anya said whispering again.

I smirked a little at that earning a look from Buffy. I shrugged at her. 

Dawn and Nick got up moving towards the foyer as the woman moved farther in. Spike stayed where he was, watching me. 

"Uh we can do official introductions now that everyone's officially here." Buffy said. 

"Uh actually I'm gonna head out" Nick said giving Buffy a small smile and turned to me. "Is that okay? Axel, Zeke and I were going to hang out at Nina and Jade's."

I looked at him for a minute before nodding my head. 

"Don't stay out too late." I told him sternly. He nodded grabbing his bag and walked out, giving Dawn one glance and left. Dawn just frowned staring after him.

My eyes narrowed watching the exchange. 

"Okay well I guess you can meet Nick another time." Buffy said leading the woman into the house. "Dawnie you mind getting the door?" 

Dawn went past us to the door while we headed back into the party. 

"Sophie, this is Anya...and Willow and...."

-----------------------------------------------

A while later the party was still going on, there was rock music playing loudly. 

I was standing in the kitchen while everyone else was in the living room. 

Sophie and Clem were dancing together, Willow sat in a chair with Xander sitting on its arm, both talking and moving along. Anya was on the couch waving her hand and Dawn was beside her looking bored and confused. Spike was leaning against the counter with his arms crossed staring at me quietly while I worked. It was kind of satisfying. 

Joyce headed out, letting us kids have the house to ourselves. 

I had just finished washing dishes and dried my hands off when I spotted Buffy standing in the kitchen looking around the tiny arch staring at something or someone. Smirking I walked over to her and looked around the archway spotting the Richard guy. 

"Can't say Anya didn't pick a cute one." I muttered making her jump a little caught off guard and looked at me. 

"I guess." 

"Is there a reason we're eye talking the hottie?" I asked eyeing the human. 

"I'm not stalking." She told me defensively, tilting her head. "You think he's hot? More than Spike?" 

I scoffed at that. 

"Hell no. Spike's way out of his league but as far as humans go." I told her crossing my arms and nodded, nodding in Richard's direction taking in a few whiffs. "He smells like a mix between sandalwood and cedar... it kind of smells good, not overpowering like some of your scents." I looked at her. "Some of you stink pretty bad my head hurts for a month." 

She gave me a tiny smile at my joke.

"You should go talk to him."

"I-I don't know." Buffy said quietly. 

"You know not every relationship is going to turn out like the others." I told her, she looked at me, I gave her a soft smile. "I would never say anything bad against Angel you know that but they're not all going to be like him....or Riley, every guy is different." 

"How'd you know Spike was different than Oz?" She asked quietly. 

"Oz and Spike are extremely different. Personalities, appearances.... heck they're not even on the same wavelength." I told her without skipping a beat.

I bit my lip thinking of all I wanted to say and sighed. 

"Oz was one of my closest friends, I knew him for years, we were in a band together." I said thinking about my favorite werewolf.  "I kind of miss it sometimes, being on stage with him and Devon... there was just something about singing and dancing that made me feel calm." 

 Buffy said nothing nodding. 

"I was just as stubborn as Nick when it came to this mating stuff, I hated it and I definitely hated who it was." I added giving her a pointed look. "There was no way I was going to let something silly as fate tell me who I can and can't be with, especially someone like him. I just had to wait for the right timing and then I was going to break the bond." 

She looked at me in confusion.

"That's a thing?"

"As long as I haven't marked him, I could still do it."  I told her quietly thinking about it. "There are trials, steps to take for a bond between mates to be completed, marking them is the last piece and it's a huge deal... it's hard to explain but yeah we can break the bond permanently it would be super painful, it could actually kill us now that we've... ya know." 

She frowned at me, I gave her a firm look. 

"And please don't tell Nick, I don't want that to be an option for him, it was different for me I knew who my mate was, knew what he was, Nicky doesn't, he has to learn just like I did, no one knows why mates are chosen, they just are.... it's up to us to figure it out."

She nodded shortly.

"When Oz left the first time, the way he left, it stung especially when he knew how I felt about people leaving and everything that happened between us and I'm not just talking about what he did with that she-bitch."

She looked at me knowing what I was talking about and nodded.

"Those stupid abandonment issues." I added quietly. "I hate them, I know my family didn't chose to leave, to die... leaving me wondering if it was because when I loved something, it got taken away." 

Buffy wrapped her arm around me, rubbing my back, pulling me into a side hug. 

"You know we're not going anywhere, we won't leave you... not on purpose."

I sighed. 

"I know." I muttered smiling at her lightly. "In my family dating really isn't a thing... I was sort of the first to try... I knew mates existed but I still took a chance and I don't regret it. Oz was a very important person in my life then."

"And Spike?" She asked raising an eyebrow. 

I titled my head at her thinking that through. 

"Aside from the fact he's the mate I'm supposed to end up with for life? Or however long we walk the earth?"  I asked her rolling my eyes before smiling lightly. "I don't have to hide." I paused giving her an honest look. "That's kind of a big deal." 

Buffy gave me a soft look. 

"With Oz I always had to keep up an appearance, fangs and all." I added thinking back on it. "I spent so much time trying to pretend to be normal, more human for his sake, especially when he was coming to terms with his own monster... there were times I would forget that I wasn't.... fully human."

I stopped looking over at her shrugging. 

"It's always a strange thought considering who it is we're talking about." I told her earning a nod in agreement. "Spike can be annoying at times and it can get to the point I just want to slam my fist into his face and knock his ass out and believe me I've thought about it plenty of times." 

I heard Buffy let out laughs and looked at her, sighing in amusement.

"I don't have to hide what I am, I can let my guard down." I added quietly. "That's not always an easy thing for me to do, even around you guys."

Buffy gave me a small smile. 

"He is a lot of things but he's never held back with me." I told her softly. "And I'd be stupid if I didn't notice the changes he's made or his attempt to keep me content... he doesn't always get it right... but he tries." 

I glanced at the human and back to her, feeling lighthearted. 

"I've been rejecting him since the night we came face to face and he tried to kill us." I told her feeling disappointed in myself. "I was confused and angry, I didn't want to believe he was mine. I hated him more than I've ever hated anyone, I didn't want anyone to know in hopes I could just break the bond, take him out and be done with it... No one would find out. I had full permission to do so, Angel gave me his blessing, I knew he wouldn't care but it's sort of respect considering Spike is part of Angel's line. It's a vampire thing."

Buffy nodded again. 

"I had many chances, I had him but I just couldn't do it." I paused shaking my head, shrugging. "I had mom telling me to accept him in one ear and Rome saying run a dagger through... Now I know where Nick got the idea" I sighed chuckling lightly at my cousin. "I couldn't tell anyone else the villain we're up against is supposed to be my fated mate, it didn't make sense, it doesn't."

I bit my lip glancing at the floor for a moment before looking back up at her. Buffy's eyes stared at me with understanding. 

"Thinking of it now killing him just so people don't find out he's my mate, makes me sound like a coward." I added frowning. "But that before everything changed." 

"I understand Tor." She told me gently, laying her hand on my forearm. 

"I tried so hard not to get involved with him, as long as Spike didn't know I never would have gave in and I was doing good until Nick had to go running his mouth off spilling the mate secret" I told her softly thinking of my little brother. "And I can't even be angry about it cause Nick might hate the guy at times but he's still a kid and didn't know what he was saying, he grew up watching our parents and grandparents just like I did, he thought it was something amazing because that's what finding a mate is, seeing what our mother was going through he didn't understand why I refused to accept it." 

I sighed running a hand through my hair. 

"Taking that step was terrifying." I said honestly. "But thanks to Nick, you and Will, I had the courage to take it. You and Will were on my side from day one and when I finally came clean about it, instead of making me feel foolish, you accepted it, you didn't judge me or hate me for sleeping with the enemy even when I hated myself for it." 

Buffy continued staring at me, just listening. 

"And honestly you taking the plunge and being the first to reach out against my judgement does make me feel better." I added smirking a little. "Because as much as I love keeping him to myself... I'm Victoria freakin Northman and I wanna show off."

Buffy gave me an amused look, grinning at me. 

"Even though I don't say it, it really does mean a lot to me that you, Will and Xan accepted him, hell you accepted him even before I did." I added smiling in amusement. "And I know it's hard after everything he did to us."

 I gave her another pointed look.  

Buffy tilted her head at me. 

"Because you deserve someone who makes you happy." She told me lightly. "As deranged as he was in the past, he's made you happy. Besides you know the minds of vampires better than us, even me and I know you would never allow anyone to come around us unless you fully trusted them, like when you introduced me to Angel or Lala or any of your vampire friends."

I nodded slightly and grinned at her softly. 

"And now it's your turn." I told her eyeing the human again. "You'll never know what will happen if you don't take that chance, try something normal for once, step away from all things slayer or vampish and relax...turn off Buffy the co slayer and just be Buffy... we fight every single day keeping this town protected but that doesn't mean we should stop living our lives...so go talk to him and see what happens, who knows... maybe he's your mate." 

She looked at me raising an eye. 

"Just go." I said nudging her a little. 

She let out a sigh and walked over to him, I watched him turn to her and grinned a little. 

"Hey." 

"Hi." Buffy greeted. 

"Great party, everyone's having fun." Richard said. 

"I hope so Tori worked hard." Buffy told him smiling. "She deserves an award." 

I smiled at that and headed back into the kitchen grabbing my water bottle off the counter and took a large drink.

...

I sensed someone behind me, the person stalked forward, wrapping his arms around my waist, my back to his chest. I felt him kiss the back of my neck and smiled. 

"You look exhausted." I heard him mutter. 

His hands moved up around my shoulders and slowly massaged them. I had to hold back a groan. 

I rolled my eyes lightly and turned around facing Spike, I nearly forgot he was there, did he hear what we were talking about.?  His eyes had a strange light in them like I had given him a confidence boost. I shook it off taking it as a compliment. 

"I'll survive." I told him holding up my bottle. "Do you need any? I have a couple more in the fridge just in case, best I can do... I know being around them can be a bit much sometimes." 

"I'm good." 

I nodded.

"Thank you." I muttered making him tilt his head at me. I smiled softly. "Thank you for trying to get along with them." 

"You know I'd do anything for you." 

He moved in as close as possible, his fingers dug into the belt loops on my skinny jeans and pulled me closer, giving me a small kiss. 

I started to kiss him back when I heard footsteps and pulled back seeing Tara walk in. 

Spike frowned a little but shook it off while I stared at Tara who looked at us sheepishly. 

"Sorry didn't mean to interrupt." Tara said slowly giving us a smile.

 "It's fine." I told her. "You're not."

"Yeah, was just helping Tori with her tension." Spike said making me shoot him a look.

"Tension huh?" Tara asked grinning innocently. 

I stared at my mate who just smiled at me, I raised an eyebrow before rolling my eyes in amusement. 

--------------------------------

Hours later the party was still going, Anya and Xander were in the dining room with Sophie and Willow. 

The couple were being lovey dovey making Willow a little angry. 

"No, you go."  Xander said nuzzling her.

"No, you go." "Anya said nuzzling him back. 

"Okay!" Willow exclaimed making them stop and look at her. "It's just a beer run; I'll go." 

"Oh well, I can't really drink beer cause you know barley." Sophie said. "But I'll go with you to get some."

"Perfect." Willow said. "Here we go, the beer-gettin." 

-----

Sitting in the living room, on the couch I nursed my water bottle watching everyone else. Spike, Clem, Xander and Tara were playing cards, beside the couch, Spike was leaning back against my leg. 

The sight of Xander willing to play something simple as cards with Spike was making me feel even better. 

Dawn, Buffy, Richard and Anya were playing monopoly on another table. 

"This sucks I'm out." Buffy said giving money to Anya.

"No way. I think you're doing fine." Richard told her. 

I glanced over at the card table. 

"You wanna try poker?" Xander asked her. 

"Still say it's weird without the kittens." Clem said drawing my attention. 

"No kittens." I told him sternly earning a funny look from Richard and smiled lightly. "He's quirky." 

"Look we've already been playing for like three hours." Richard said shaking it off. "It's you know. It's like two-something in the morning. You can't bail now." 

"Yeah, come on Buffy stay." Anya said. "I wanna bankrupt somebody." 

That made me laugh. 

Oh Anya, gotta love my ex demon thousand year old friend.

Buffy shot Anya a sour look, hearing me laugh and turned giving me one. I grinned at her, shrugging. 

"Oh! we should totally have a slumber party." Dawn said. 

"Uh I don't know." I muttered making Buffy look at me giving her a hidden message. 

"I guess it'll be fine as long as everyone's staying up anyway." Buffy said calmly. 

"Must be some late-night activities to keep us busy till morning." Spike said giving me a suggestive look. 

I raised an eyebrow down at him and rolled my eyes lightly, I nudged him with my leg, he gave me an innocent smile. 

-----------------------------------

Staying up all night, the sun was starting to come in through the windows. 

Willow and Sophie were sleeping on the sofa.

Xander, Dawn and Clem were sitting on the floor watching cartoons. 

The games, food, drinks and presents were scattered everywhere it was a mess. 

Buffy and I were sitting on the floor away from the others, next to the new weapons chest. Buffy was shuffling a deck of cards playing another card game with Spike, I was sitting beside him with my sketch book laying on my lap drawing a picture of Clem who had become my oblivious model. I felt relaxed. 

Spike kept making glances at me and back to the game.

"Hey Xander, we gotta be at work in a few minutes." Richard said coming out from the kitchen. 

"Okay." Xander said staring at the tv. 

"I can't be late today." Richard added looking confused. "I don't know why I'm not leaving." 

"Me either." Spike muttered. "You shouldn't skip breakfast little Richie, Growing boy like you."

I glanced at up him raising an eyebrow sensing his sudden chance in tone and emotion. 

"Me I used to love breakfast. in the old days I probably would have eaten by now." Spike added. 

My eyes narrowed, before I saw Richard's face. 

"Of course, with that new diet of yours, you wanna be careful with what you try putting in your month now." I told him sternly earning a look, I gave him a firm look. 

"Yeah?" He retorted. "I don't know, Tummy's making all kinds of gurglies. Maybe I oughta just feed on whatever's around, even if it doesn't go down well."  I glared at him, he looked at Richard. "You uh, work out?"

"Spike that's enough." I told him setting my book down, I stood up and yanked him up by the neck of his collar and dragged him out into the hallway.

-----

Walking into the foyer, I let go of Spike and crossed my arms turning on him. 

"Seriously Mr. Passive aggressive guy." I muttered angrily. "You wanna take it down a notch or two in there?"

"What poor dainty friends of yours can't take a joke?" Spike asked.

"We do not joke about eating or draining people." I told him glaring. "Especially around humans who don't understand vamp humor. I can't believe you would embarrass me like this." 

He frowned.

"What? Did you hear everything I said to Buffy?" " I asked growling. "And now it all went to your damn head." 

"It was just a joke." 

"Maybe I was insane to think you could just hang out with my friends and be civil..." I muttered running a hand through my hair in disappointment and saw a flash of hurt on his face. "Maybe it was too fast, I pushed you all into this too quickly or I was wrong you can never be around them.... Maybe it isn't working out... maybe it never will..." I rubbed my eyes with my hands feeling confused and upset. "Why did I think it would? You and them? What was I thinking? I'm such an idiot." 

I sighed and turned away from him.

"Tor..." I heard him mutter.

I shook my head ignoring him and went to take a step forward but found out I couldn't and raised an eyebrow. 

"Okay uh why can't I leave?"  I asked looking down at my feet. 

"Well, I would leave but can't, daylight." Spike said, I glanced back at him.

I looked towards the door and made a move towards it, but I couldn't move a step I frowned. 

"I'm actually trying to move right now uh." 

"Me too." He told me. 

We shared a confused look.

"Well...this can't be good." I muttered earning a nod. "Uh Buffy! we gotta problem!" 

-----------------------------------------------

The gang gathered in the living room, wide awake. Sitting or standing around just staring at each other. 

"There's something keeping us in this house." Buffy said. 

"Or someone." I added. 

"Has anyone tried to get out?" Tara asked. 

"What if we just like, as a group, got up and, and threw ourselves at the door?" Willow said suggestively.

"All right." Xander said nodding his head, I saw him look at me and stared at him. "Count of three." Everyone prepared I crossed my arms thinking this through. "One....two.... three!"

No one moved.

"Here we go!" Xander exclaimed. 

Still nothing.

I looked around, sharing a look with Buffy. 

"Hence the problem." Buffy said. 

"I really need to go." Richard said. "I mean, I have a job to get too." 

"I have to open the magic box." Anya said.

"I have a shift at the Doublemeat." Sophie said before thinking it over. "Actually, I'm okay here." 

"Yeah," Clem said in agreement. "I'm, I'm fine."

"You girls have class." Xander said. "I gotta be at the site."

"I'm meeting with Ursa about the MCAT today."  I told them glancing at Buffy. "I have a week before I take my exams." 

"I know." Buffy said giving me a look. "I know we all have places we'd rather be."

"Things we'd rather be doing." Spike said softly, I looked back at him hearing it and caught his eye. 

He stared at me seeing no emotion on my face and frowned, tilting his head at me.

 I looked back at the gang. 

"I think the first priority has to be to find a way out." I said shaking Spike off. 

"Sure of course you all wanna leave." Dawn said looking upset, Buffy and I looked at her. "Cause being stuck in here with me, that would really suck right?" 

Buffy frowned. 

"No Dawnie, it's just we have more important things to do." Willow told her gently.

"Yeah, I know important." Dawn said disgusted, getting up. "Whatever that means right?" 

Dawn stormed past us and up the stairs, we watched her go before we glanced at Buffy. 

Buffy frowned deeper. 

-----------------------------

Buffy and I entered Dawn's room followed by Tara, Willow, Xander and Spike. Dawn was laying on her bed on her stomach looking upset. 

"Dawn?" 

"What?"

"Did you do something?" Buffy asked.

"Me?" Dawn asked exasperatingly. 

"Do you know something?" Tara asked. "Cause we want you to feel like you can tell us. You know you can." 

"What would I know?" Dawn asked angrily sitting up to face us. 

"Look we're not accusing you of anything, it's just..." Willow said. "You were kind of taking it personal down there."

"Oh, okay so you've all decided that somehow I'm responsible." Dawn said sourly. "Great. Here's me baskin in the love." 

"No, it's just you know, you're upset cause we all wanna leave and now we can't." Xander said pointedly. "Only thing missing is a cornfield. There....there isn't a cornfield, is there." 

"Dawnie it's okay." Buffy told her. "You know, we're not gonna be mad."

"Yeah, only I didn't go anything!"

"You sure?" I asked crossing my arms tilting my head a little listening to her heartbeat. "Don't forget I can tell when people lie." 

"You want me to ask my other self?" Dawn retorted. 

"Dawn, we're just trying to figure out what's going on." Buffy told her. 

"Figure it out yourself. I'm done being talked to like a kid." Dawn said angrily. 

"Well cause you know sometimes we do something that seem like a good idea at the time." Xander said. "Like say invoke the power of a musical amulet and it turns out you know not so much." 

"God! I didn't do anything! I wish I had." Dawn exclaimed. "I'm glad you're trapped; how else can I get anybody to spend any time with me."

"Dawn if you want us to spend time with you-" Buffy said.

"I don't." Dawn said cutting her off. "Get out."

We stared at her. 

"Get out, get out, get out!" 

We walked out, leaving her and Buffy alone. 

I shook my head. 

---------------------

"She's possessed." I heard Anya say when I walked into the living room from the dining room. 

"She's a teenager." Xander told her. 

I saw Anya and Xander sitting side by side on the sofa. Buffy and Willow sat around them, while Spike stood. I scooted up moving in front of him and looked at the gang. 

"Phones are all out tried calling Nicky." I told them sighing. "We're totally cut off."

They groaned and sighed. 

"She's just so angry." Buffy said quietly. 

"It happens." I told her gently.

"I know I just can't figure out why she didn't come to me or mom." Buffy said.

"Well, you both have been a little busy lately." I said earning a look.

She stared at me grimly. 

"It's not all on you though." I told her gently. "She's going through changes; we all went through it... just be glad she's a human teen."

"Hey, I don't wanna keep you all from the touchy-feelies, but maybe the encounter group can meet later. Say, when we're not trapped in a house." Spike said reaching for me.

I glanced at him and moved before he could touch me, I was still upset, not with what he said but feeling like I pushed this on him too fast. I was mad at myself. 

"Even if Dawn does know something, she's obviously not gonna help us right now." Tara said. "We need another way."

"I think magic's gonna be our best bet." Buffy said making me look at her, she saw the expression on my face and frowned. "Something general you know? cast a wide net."

"But Willow." I muttered sternly gesturing towards Willow who looked a little alarmed. "I don't think it's a smart idea, remember magic isn't something to play with." 

"I'll do it." Tara said giving me a look. "I can handle it, it's just....o-bviously I didn't bring any supplies."

Willow looked a little guilty I sensed her emotions and turned towards her raising an eyebrow. 

"Well, we don't have any in the house, we got rid of everything." Buffy said.

"Actually....not everything." Willow said full of guilt. " I uh.... might have...kept one or, or two things. Sort of."

Tara and Buffy looked shocked while I crossed my arms, narrowing my eyes in disappointment.

"Just in case." Willow told us. 

"That's great!" Xander exclaimed.

I shared a somber look with Buffy and Xander before staring at Willow again. 

"In a very bad way." Xander added shaking his finger at Willow.

Tara sighed standing up. 

"Just...bring me what you have." Tara said turning to Willow firmly. "But I'm doing this alone. You need to stay away from it."

"Agreed" I said nodding along with Tara, giving Will a look that made her look at me even more guilty.

Tara walked out leaving us to stare at each other grimly, my eyes stayed trained on Will. 

-------------------------------------------

Standing in the foyer with Willow, Spike and Anya. We stood in a row in front of the door while Buffy, Xander and Tara were in the kitchen, working on a spell.

I was staying as far away from this magic as I could, I don't hate witches and I love Will and Tara, I know not all witches are bad and my family have always been very supportive of the different communities. 

"So, we're supposed to just wait?" Anya asked breaking me out of my thoughts. 

"It won't take long." Willow told her. 

I glanced at her. 

"I hope you know when this is over, we're gonna have a long talk." I told her earning a guilty look and a nod. 

Sophie, Richard and Clem appeared in the dining room doorway.

"All right somebody wanna tell me what's, what's going on here?" Richard asked clearly freaking out. "We're trapped in a house by what, some unseen force or something." He gestured to the door. "Who knows what she's doing in there." He pointed to the kitchen. "And I have to tell you." He looked at Clem scratching his head with his clawed fingers. "I don't think that's a skin condition." 

I rolled my eyes, glancing at Anya and leaned closer to her. 

"And this is why we don't invite unknown humans to our parties." I said quietly so only we could hear, making her look at me innocently. 

"Try the door!" Tara called from the kitchen. 

Spike braced himself curling his hand into a fist, trying to move. I frowned seeing the look on his face. 

"No." Spike told us annoyed uncurling his fist. "Can't."

I sighed in disappointment.

Richard, Sophie and Clem walked out into the hall joining us, staring at the door. Spike rubbed his forehead. 

--------------------------------

Still staring at the door, while I stared at Spike frowning, he had an annoyed angry look on his face.

I didn't care about the stupid little tiff we had earlier, in the face of danger it wasn't important anymore, it was just silly, small and unimportant.  I knew he was getting angry and an angry Spike wasn't exactly a good thing right now.

I reached out and grabbed his hand, making him look at me.

"Calm down." 

He saw my face and sighed nodding; he moved closer to me and wrapped his arms around me. He was slowly calming down at my touch. 

I suddenly sensed something in the house. 

"Somethings in this house." I muttered earning looks, looking around. I pushed Spike away from me, trying to pinpoint where the strange feeling was coming from. 

My eyes darted towards the living room as a demon came towards us with a sword and growled. 

"Move now!" I yelled at the others causing them to scatter and run off. 

The demon swung his arm, slashing Richard across the stomach.  On the back swing, his sword arm hit Spike making my eyes narrow and a small growl escape earning looks. I grabbed the arm, pulling him around and kicked him away from my mate. 

He stumbled backwards into the living room. 

I hissed tackling the demon, landing on the living room floor. Buffy, Xander and Tara came running from the kitchen, Spike followed me in. Buffy's eyes went wide seeing the demon. Xander. Tara and Anya bent over the injured Richard. 

The demon melted into the floor and disappeared; I frowned sitting up. Spike came over to me and helped me stand up. He looked me over for any injuries, he noticed a cut on my face and reached out, brushing his thumb over it, checking it over.

"I'm fine, it's just a scratch." I told him lightly smelling fresh blood and turned my head spotting the others and frowned. 

I dragged myself away from him and headed into the foyer to check on Richard, grabbing my backpack which carried a bunch of medical stuff. I've been carrying it ever since Nick and Dawn had their accident just in case. I noticed the demon reappeared behind Buffy, lifting his sword in both hands. 

I dropped my bag and ran human speed in and grabbed one of his hands just before it could hit anything Buffy spun around seeing it and caught the other one. I caught the one with the sword. He threw me back, I slammed into Spike and we both went down. 

The demon disappeared again. 

--

I sighed getting to my feet and turned on my heel helping Spike up, he kept ahold of my hand and gripped onto it deadly. I pulled him behind me going over to Buffy's side.

"Okay what the hell is that?" I asked staring at Buffy intensely. 

"That's the demon I killed two nights ago." Buffy told me. 

"The demon you thought you killed." Spike retorted. 

"Tor we need you." Xander said making me turn to them. 

I nodded heading over to where they were, tending to Richard. 

Kneeling down, I rolled Richard onto his back, seeing a bloody gash that goes all the way across his stomach. Checking him over and immediately pressed my hands down on his wound to keep pressure, and quietly inspected it. 

"Okay the blade slashed him pretty good... his skin is getting pale and clammy.... hearts beating very slowly but it's there and he's breathing...." I muttered to myself trying to remember everything. "Doesn't look like any major organs or arteries got hit...." I sighed in relief. "That's a good sign, he's alive... for now." 

Buffy looked at him in horror.

"Oh god." Anya muttered. 

"Let's get him upstairs" I said turning to Buffy. "I'll do what I can, but he needs a doctor soon, uh Spike, Xan can you guys carry him up please?... Do it slowly, any sudden movements could rip it open...and can someone grab my bag? I need to wash my hands off." 

Spike and Xander shared a look before nodding and came over to help. Xander grabbed his feet while Spike got his upper half and carried him up.  Tara grabbed my bag for me and followed them up.

"Hey, i-it's gonna be okay." Buffy told us all making me stare at her. 

"No Buffy it's not." I told her feeling a little annoyed. "There is a human bleeding upstairs and if he doesn't get a doctor, he's going to die... another human will die on my watch."

She stared at me frowning, I sighed shaking my head and headed upstairs.

---------------------------------------------------

I was in Buffy's room tending to Richard. I was doing my best to stop the bleeding. I had some plastic gloves on to keep my hands blood free as I held a cloth to his wound putting pressure on it.

I was getting a little angry being locked up, and the fact there was a man bleeding to death, the smell was kind of getting to me. 

Xander had gone back downstairs while Tara and Spike stayed to help me and keep me sane. He was standing nearby while I sat on the edge of the bed. Tara stood on the other side of the bed helping me.

Richard was laying on the bed trembling and breathing slowly.

Shaking my head, I started cleaning the wound, with a piece of gauze and bottle of antiseptic. Richard looked around nervously, I heard creaking noises. 

I glanced around catching Spike's eye. We shared a look for a second.

Spike gave me a soft expression he placed his hand under my chin and lifted it up, giving me a tender soft small kiss before slowly pulling away, his nose brushed tenderly against my cheek in a small nuzzle to keep me calm as he turned and walked away quietly, I stared at his backside in worry and went back to my task.  Somehow I knew what he was saying without him saying it. 

------

Feeling pain, I knew something was wrong, Spike was in pain. I turned to Tara quickly.

"I need you to take over." I told her handing her the gauze. 

"What do I need to do?" 

"Just keep cleaning it." I told her panicking. "Spike's in pain...Please... I'll be back in a bit."

She nodded quickly taking my place without anymore questions. I stood up, and walked out, the only thing on my mind now was Spike. 

---

Running human speed down the stairs into the foyer, I caught sight of Spike going down, he hit the floor hard and kinda laid there stunned. I went to his side, kneeling down beside him. Checking him over for injuries, he slowly calmed down, meeting my eye. He saw the look on my face and gave me a gentle look.  Not finding anything except a couple scratches I sighed. He grabbed my hand causing my worry to melt. 

Turning my head, I spotted Xander struggling with the demon, the demon threw him against the wall and Xander fell down against it. 

I growled lightly. 

I ran up to the demon, it turned to attack me. I ducked a sword thrust and kicked it backwards. 

The demon whirled around with the sword towards Xander. My instincts kicked in moving in front of it. The sword sliced my arm, the silver burned into my skin. I wanted to cry out in pain but I masked it and vamp kicked the demon, making him fly backwards to the floor. 

"Tori!"

Buffy came running in. 

"Grab the sword!" Buffy told us. 

The demon turned back to Buffy, she kicked the demon and ducked a swing. Spike went up, grabbing the demon's sleeve and punched it in the face. The demon flung Spike back and he went down again. 

I frowned looking at him, cradling my arm.

Buffy grabbed the demon's arm and kicked him in the stomach, he reeled back and melted into the wall again. 

Buffy and I watched him disappear. 

"Are you hurt?" Buffy asked glancing at me. 

I looked down at my wound, lifting my arm up a little to get a good look. There was a nasty looking cut on my forearm. The skin was peeling and red inflamed. 

Glancing up I shook my head at Buffy, she took a step forward but didn't go anywhere. 

"It'll heal." I told her. 

I caught Spike's eye and the look on his face, he scooted closer and cupped my face with his hands. I smiled at him lightly. 

"Tor?" 

"I'm fine." I told him, staring at Spike calmly. 

"That sword is silver." Spike murmured looking the wound over, he touched it with his fingers making me wince, he paused and looked at me. 

"I'm okay, really the sword didn't cut too deep." I told him gently. "Just need to feed." 

The look in his eyes was so not Spike like. 

------------------------------------

"I just think we haven't thought of the right way out yet, that's all." Tara said.

A few minutes later Spike and I had calmed down a little and stood next to each other in the dining room, with Tara on his other side. My arm was wrapped up in a bandage while I drank from my water bottle. It was healing, slowly. Spike had a death grip on my hand. 

Dawn and Buffy were upstairs, talking.

Xander and Willow were standing nearby, and Anya was sitting at the dining room table. 

"Well, we can't just stay put like cattle." Spike said frowning. "Waiting for that thing to pop out every time it gets peckish."  

I heard the tone in his voice and looked at him seeing his face, I squeezed his hand, making him look at me. 

"Calm down." I muttered quietly. 

He sighed. 

"I'd say we do another spell but I, I think we've tried everything." Tara said. 

"Well....that's not completely true, is it?" Anya asked making Tara frown. "I mean, not everything." She looked at Willow causing me to look at her, sharing Tara's expression. "Not exactly. We're sitting here with an incredibly powerful witch.... much more powerful than you, Tara....I'm sorry only no one seems willing to say it." 

"I can't" Willow said. 

"No see that's not exactly true either." Anya said angrily. "Not can't, won't."

"You don't know how much I hate this." Willow retorted. "I don't know if there's even.... anything I could do." 

"Yes....and a good way to find out is to sit around and try nothing." Anya said sarcastically. "That was sarcasm, by the way."

"Look-" Spike started to say.

"It's dangerous." I said cutting him off. "Will is not doing it."

"And so is all of us dying!" Anya exclaimed. 

"Look, I don't wanna gang up on you." Xander said drawing my attention. "But Anya kinda has a point. We brought you back from it once. We're all here it's just one little spell, whatever happens, we can bring you back again."

I shook my head at him knowing better. 

"No, I can't." Willow told him firmly, looking at Anya. "If I start, I... I might not be able to stop."

"And whose fault is that?" Anya asked standing up and walking over to her. "You know if you hadn't gotten so much of this in your system in the first place-"

"Hey!" Tara exclaimed cutting her off. "You're gonna back off!"

Tara got in between the two and faced Anya down.

"She said no and that's it. You're not gonna make her do something that she doesn't want to...and if you try." Tara told her folding her arms across her chest. "You're gonna have to go through me first, understood?"

"C'mon." Anya said turning to us all before glancing at me. "Tori... please."

I stared at her and shook my head. 

"We'll find another way, I'm sorry but magic is not something to play." I told them looking at Anya. "You of all people should know that."

Anya glared at me. 

"Fine." She said snapping. "If you all aren't willing to get us out of this, then I will do it myself."

Anya walked past us and went upstairs. 

In a few minutes we heard thumping and crashing upstairs. 

Xander got up going to deal with his future wife. 

---------------------------------------

Suddenly Dawn came running down the stairs with Xander, Anya and Buffy hot on her heels.

We joined them out in the hall seeing what was going on. 

"I work hard at that store, and I helped you!" Anya said grabbing Dawn's arm, turning her around. "I took care of you; this is how you say thank you? " She jangled jewelry in her hand, I noticed one of them, it was a ring, one that my grandmother had passed onto my mother, Godric had it made for her and since they never had any sons, Grandma gave it to my father when he proposed....it was kept on a chain after he died, Mama had given it to me but I put it in the forbidden room.

I pulled from Spike, moving towards Anya, grabbing it out of her hand.

"That's my mother's ring." I muttered glancing at Dawn who looked at me guilty. "It was passed down from my grandmother to my mother... why the hell do you have it" She looked at me in tears. "You stole from me?."

"Tori...."

I shook my head in disappointment and betrayal. 

Buffy came up beside us. 

"Girls hold on, okay?" Buffy asked turning to Dawn. "Tell them you didn't do this. Tell us it's a mistake."

"Buffy it's obvious." I told her sternly clutching my ring.

Suddenly Buffy spotted something over by the sofa, she looked shocked and walked over to it.

"No!" Dawn exclaimed.

Buffy stared down at the box holding the black leather jacket that Dawn gave her. 

"Oh..."

"Buffy..." Dawn muttered upset. 

"You say you didn't put us here but look at this stuff." Anya said. 

"What else have you stolen from me?... " I asked growling in anger. "What else did you find?.... Did you read anything?!" 

"Nothing!" She said quickly. "I swear, I just thought it was pretty, and didn't think you'd mind if I borrowed it... I didn't t-touch anything else." 

"How am I supposed to believe you?" I asked earning a sad look. "This ring was sealed in the North tunnel, the forbidden room no one is allowed to enter... I put it in there myself... You came into my house, you broke one of my biggest rules and you went through my things, you took what didn't belong to you? How can I ever trust what comes out of your mouth?"

Everyone gathered around us. 

"Look, I-I don't think she-I don't think it's all her fault, okay?" Buffy asked stuttering. "She....there was a guidance counselor, or someone pretending to be a guidance counselor. She, she made Dawn make a wish." 

"Guidance counselor?" Anya asked staring at her. "You made a wish to someone you've never seen before?"

"Yeah?" Dawn asked nervously. 

"Did she wear a pendant with a, with a dark blue stone?" Anya asked making me look at her. 

"And little red flecks?" Dawn asked innocently. 

"Uhh, for crying out loud." Anya said yelling. "Halfrek! It's Halfrek, a vengeance demon. You made a vengeance demon."

"I didn't know." 

"Only a vengeance demon can break her own vengeance spell." Anya said. "Nothing else will work, she's the only one who can get us out of here...... Hallie! get your ass down here!

A female demon appeared just behind Anya in a puff of smoke. She looked kind of pretty. 

"You rang?" She asked in a deep resonant voice. 

We turned to her, I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms. 

---

Suddenly Halfrek's face filled with pain as a sword protruded from her stomach, she collapsed to the floor, revealing the demon standing behind her. 

Staring in horror I allowed it to distract me for a few moments then I growled deadly. 

The demon attacked, I grabbed his hands and punched him in the face.  Anya punched the demon from behind distracting it. 

"I hope you die, you stupid jerkface!" Anya yelled before turning and running past me to safety. The demon turned towards us, I punched him hard sending him reeling back, he swung his sword, Buffy leaped on him from behind while I kicked him in the stomach.

Spike jumped into the fray helping us, grabbing the demon from behind. The demon flung Buffy off, she landed on the sofa and flung Spike off too, swinging the sword around randomly. I ducked, watching for an opening. 

Suddenly the demon slammed his fist into my face, I reeled back due to the power in it and growled loudly, Spike attacked again, distracting the demon, I spat the blood out of my mouth and stared the demon down. Buffy kicked the demon, he fell to the floor and melted into it, disappearing. 

"Ya know this is starting to piss me off?!" I exclaimed glaring, getting fed up with this. 

The demon immediately reappeared behind Spike raising the arm with the sword ready to plunge it through my mates back; I turned in time to see him, my eyes went wide, my mouth dropped as I felt my heart fill with terror.

Quicker than anyone had imagined, I vamp sped over making a small wind pick up, shoving Spike out of the way, he went stumbling to the side, crashing to the floor. I grabbed the demon's arm with the sword, snarling protectively. 

"Oh hell no." I muttered growling loudly. "Big mistake."

 I barred my fangs, seeing red. 

With my vampire strength I twisted the demon's wrist breaking it and punched him in the face breaking his nose, hearing the crunching of bones breaking, the demon dropped the sword, I vamp kicked him back making him fly backwards and land on his back. 

As he stumbled to his feet, I vamp sped over no longer caring if anyone saw me and snatched out with my hand, wrapping it around the demon's neck. My nails dug into it's skin drawing blood. 

"Buffy...Sword." I told her my voice was so dark I almost didn't recognize it. 

Buffy wasted no second trusting me as she picked up the sword off the floor. 

I shoved the demon back, ripping his throat open and kicked him in the stomach, he reeled back grabbing his neck in shock, blood poured from it. 

 Buffy attacked with the sword.

The demon let out a gurgling sound as his death was near, he turned attempting to flee into the wall, disappearing into it. Buffy thrusted the sword into the wall where he went. 

A blue light appeared on the sword, suffusing everything as we watched. The demon roared angrily.  Soon the light faded and the hole in the wall closed up.  Buffy pulled the sword out of the wall and broke it in two over her knee, causing one last flare of blue light. She threw the halves down. 

"Damn Tor remind me never to go after Spike." I heard Xander say looking impressed. 

I rolled my eyes in anger, spitting out the rotten blood in my mouth and took in a deep breath glaring at the now dead demon knowing there was no way he was alive now. 

Lifting my hand, I stared at the blood on my fingers for a moment calming down and turned checking on Spike, he was sitting on the floor with a small impressed expression on his face. He saw the worried look in my eye and gave me a soft look, nodding his head that he was fine. 

I sighed in relief, making my fangs go away and turned to Buffy shrugging innocently. She gave me a small smile in understanding. We shared a look as I calmed down and looked down at Halfrek, who laid on the floor not moving. 

We turned back into serious mode.

"Her pendant!" Anya told us. "Get her pendant!"

Buffy and Anya headed over to Halfrek but before we could reach her, she sat up and put her hand out toward Anya, who went flying backwards onto the sofa.

"Anya!" Xander exclaimed. 

I stared at her inching closer but stayed my distance.

"There will be no touching of the pendant." Halfrek said getting to her feet and brushed herself off, as we all stared at her.  "What?" She laughed. "Did you think I'd be stopped by a sword in the chest?"

She looked down at her chest, pulling at her blouse so we can see the rip in it. 

"Flesh wound." She said turning to Anya who got up. "Honestly Anyanka, you used to know better." 

"How could you?" Anya asked coming closer. "Why would you do this?"

"I told you I was going to take care of business while I was here in town."

"Yeah, but cursing us?" Anya asked. "Some of them are in the wedding party." 

I cleared my throat making her look at me. I gave her a stern look.

"And one of them is paying for it." Anya added backtracking making me nod.

"I just go where I'm-" Halfrek said before pausing.

She looked over at me as Spike came to my side. 

"William?" She asked in a shock whisper.

"Hey wait a minute." Spike said frowning.

I stared at them, raising an eyebrow and crossed my arms, staring at mostly Spike.

"You guys know each other?" I asked looking between them frowning.

Spike quickly looked at me seeing the look on my face and shook his head. 

Halfrek snapped out of it too. 

"Uh, no." She said laughing fiddling with her hair. "No."

"Not really." Spike said wrapping his arm around my waist and gave me an innocent smile. 

My eyes narrowed in a suspicious glare. 

"You're gonna tell me later." I told him sternly.

He bit his lip with a small nod. 

Everyone else came to join us.

"I thought vengeance demons only punished men who wronged women." Tara said drawing my attention, I turned from Spike to the demon still feeling a little off. 

"Oh, that was Anya's little raison d'être. Most of us try to be a little more well-rounded. And actually, we prefer 'justice demon.' Okay? FYI." Halfrek said. 

"Well-rounded, huh?" Anya asked. "Is that how you explain your thing for bad parents?"

"Oh, it's not a thing." Halfrek said defensively. "The children need me." 

"Hmm!" Anya said coughing. "Daddy issues." 

"Sling all the little barbs at me that you want, Anyanka, it doesn't change the fact that this girl was in pain," Halfrek said pointing at Dawn. "And none of you could hear it. I could hear her crying out everywhere I went in this town. It was unbearable. And none of you knew." 

She looked at Buffy who frowned upset. 

"You people deserve to be cursed enjoy your time together. From now on all you have is time. Time ...and each other. Good luck!"

I shared a look with Buffy. 

Halfrek made a dramatic motion with both arms but didn't disappear. She looked surprised. 

"Wait." She said laughing nervously. "Wait..."

I raised an eyebrow watching her. 

"Time, and each other." She muttered to herself.

She made the same motion but again failed to disappear. She looked annoyed now. 

"It's the curse, Hallie." Anya told her rolling her eyes. 

"Oh, for crying out loud." Halfrek said angrily. "Fine the curse is lifted. We can all leave now!... Damn it." 

She snapped her fingers and finally disappeared. 

I sighed in relief turning to Spike, he was already looking at me, he pulled me into his arms, hugging me. I hugged him tighter, I laid my head on his chest and looked over at Buffy who just looked pensive. 

-----------------------------------

Minutes later we were all packing up, ready to leave. Anya and Xander came down the stairs, supporting Richard between them. Richard grimaced in pain. 

"You have some weird friends." Richard said. 

"News from the file marked 'duh." Xander said. 

"I already talked to Ursa at the hospital she's waiting for you at the ER" I told Xander making him nod.  "And then we're gonna talk about payment" I turned to Dawn, holding onto my ring. "And punishment." 

"And Dawnie there are two words we want you to get used to." Anya added. 

Dawn looked nervous.

"Punitive damages." Anya told her making me nod. 

"This is going to be bad isn't it?" Dawn asked. 

"Well let's put it this way." I told her sternly. "I hope you don't have anything planned for the next two weeks cause I got a list of chores for you to do.... if you ever expect to be let back in my house." 

She sighed. 

-------

"Think it's worn off?" I asked glancing at Spike. 

"Just one thing to do." He said walking towards the door. 

We watched him anxiously.

He took hold of the doorknob and looked around at us, catching my eye. I blinked in hope, he opened the door with a flourish making me smile happily and followed stepping outside the door and took in a deep breath of air and closed my eyes. 

The sky was dark and my favorite time of day.

I glanced behind me and sidestepped over as Xander and Anya carried Richard out, Willow, Tara, Sophie and Clem followed excitedly. They got a little too happy and crowded the porch.

"Okay who's pushing?" Anya asked making me giggle. 

They started down the stairs. 

"Wow look at the stars!" Tara said. 

"Good party!" Clem said turning back to give Buffy a thumbs up.

Buffy remained in the foyer, giving Clem a very wry smile. I stepped back in closer. 

"I just wanna run barefoot on the grass so I can feel the dew drops between my.... God, look at the stars."  Xander said walking away.

Spike was standing by the bottom step of the porch waiting for me as I stood with Buffy at the door.

"You going to be okay?" I asked knowingly. 

"I... I don't know." She told me. "Mom and I will need to talk about it. I'm sorry for what she did, taking your ring and everything." 

"It's not just about the ring, I'm pissed she took it, there are a lot of material possesions in that house I'm a little overprotective of." I told her gently. "But Dawn went into the forbidden room, I have to make sure she didn't read anything in that room... not one sentence." 

She looked at me. 

"There are files in that room, filled with secrets of every vampire in this town, of my people, American vampires." I added frowning. "Strengths, weaknesses." 

"I didn't know you kept things like that." Buffy said tilting her head. 

"You're not supposed to know about it." I told her thinking of my grandfather. "All clans have them but I'm not just any member of the American vampire league, I'm an underling and Godric's granddaughter... but if my authority suspects that you or Dawn knows something or think I gave away our information, they would think I'm betraying our community... I'd be shunned, my entire family will be killed alongside us." I sighed shaking my head. "They'd come for Dawn too."  

Buffy frowned.

"I will deal with it later but for now go and be the big sister." I told her giving her a hug. "If you need me, call... I'm only a vamp speed away."

She hugged back tightly; I could feel her emotions. 

I gave her a wry smile and turned walking down the steps. Spike grabbed my hand and we headed for the long walk to my side of town. 

I glanced over at him thinking back to tonight and how he acted aside from some of his actions and words he showed me another side of him. 

I leaned over and kissed his cheek making him look over at me, tilting his head at me.

"What was that for?" 

I grinned lightly, stopping making him stop with me. I turned further in his way. 

"Being you" I murmured quietly. "I meant what I said to Buffy... I know I don't make it easy and I know my demands aren't always simple but I do see you trying." 

He stared at me for a long time, before he stepped closer to me and pulled me into his arms, he saw the look in my eye, he leaned down and kissed me. 

Slowly my arms creeped up and draped around his neck pulling him down closer. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Chapter 7/27/2022

Enjoy. Like. Comment. Vote. 

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

526 35 25
Mal and Uma have defeated their first enemy, but with Mal's confidence shattered by coming so close to death she flies to Romania to train with the o...
81.1K 2K 118
[18+; Use an age indicator in YOUR BIO to confirm you're 18+ if you want to follow/comment or you'll be blocked for safety purposes] Despite Giles's...
144K 7.8K 41
Meredith had always known about magic. Her family was magic, one of the most powerful mage lines out there. Having lost her parents to all the fighti...
127 9 8
Buffy returns for a new semester of college. With Octavia still on the loose, Buffy will have to bridge the gap between the initiative and the enigma...