Dejected | R. Suna

By M3IKO0O

โ—ค ๐——๐—ฒ๐—ท๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ | pวjวkส‡วp | ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ซ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐š‚๐šŠ๐š ๐š˜๐š› ๐š๐šŽ๐š™๐š›๐šŽ๐šœ๐šœ๐šŽ๐š, ๐š๐š’๐šœ๐š™๐š’๐š›๐š’... More

โ•ฐโ–บprologue
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044

033

27.2K 1.3K 2.2K
By M3IKO0O

"So, what now?"

You ask, voice hushed as you lean over towards Rin— the two of you warily watching the twins devouring their treats, blissfully unaware of the real reason why you've brought them out for a day of fun. Maybe you thought it would be easier in them, cushion the blow a bit when you deliver the news. You wanted them to know they were loved, even if their mother made them feel otherwise.

Rin looked over at you nervously, having an awful case of Deja vu from the last time he had to tell his kids something like this. You gently squeeze his hand from underneath the table, giving him a reassuring smile to let him know that whatever happens, you'll be here. He can't help but actually smile back, despite the awful situation that plagues his family.

"Reiko, Reiki... your mom—"

"She left, didn't she?" Reiki speaks up, mouth full of chocolate frosting but otherwise seemingly unfazed.

Reiko simply sighs, poking at her vanilla cupcake topped with pink frosting. Her expression is that of desolation— you can tell this is effecting her a bit more harshly than her brother.

"You gonna eat that?" He asks, grubby hands reaching out to grab her plate, to which she pushes it over to him as she relinquishes her desert.

"Are you okay, Reiko?" You ask, despite already knowing the answer. You just want to know how she's feeling so you can try to make her feel better. She doesn't speak for a moment, until she finally looks up at you with those big, beautiful eyes.

"Y/n..." she says softly, her bottom lip quivers as she thinks of what she wants to say— or rather, how to say it.

"I wish you were my mommy."

You almost choke on your tea as she delivers her statement; you weren't quite sure what she was going to say, but it certainly wasn't that. You look at Rin as you internally panic.

What are you supposed to say to that?

You knew what you wanted to say, but you weren't sure if it was the right thing to say.

And apparently, Rin didn't know either— his face was now fully flushed all the way to the tips of his ears as he stammered over his words, hardly making the situation any more bearable than it already was.

Luckily, or... maybe not so lucky, your name was called from over your shoulder; the voice was deep toned and very easily recognizable as the one you had just heard only a few hours before.

"Y/n, funny running into you again so soon."

It sent a chill down your spine; all eyes at your table were now focused on Daisuke Sano, who stood there perfectly poised, appearance just as sharply tuned as when you went to visit with him earlier in the day. An air of expensive cologne filled your tiny booth as the kids looked in awe at the filthy rich man before them who exudes nothing but the upmost confidence— his power aura was deafening.

Rin's face twisted into a scowl; he couldn't help but feel threatened by the man's presence, though he couldn't exactly tell why he felt this way.

"Oh, Daisuke... what brings you here?" This didn't seem like a rich man's type of place, even if the family you were sitting with was pretty well off.

The Suna's had money on behalf of Rin's professional athletic career, but he wasn't that rich, nor did he give off a snobby aura being that of someone who came from a middle class family. They were the most caring family you had ever know, despite the troubles that they dealt with, they were always there for each other. They didn't care about business or money— and that's something you loved the most about them.

"This is one of my favorite bakery's, I had to stop in before I left town." He smiles chillingly as his hand rests on the corner of the booth, fingers dangerously close to your shoulder while he props his tall, muscular body up against your seat.

You can practically feel Suna burning a whole in the back of your head as Daisuke inches his way closer, taking a good look at the guests seated at the table with you. He's curious, of course— especially about the man seated next to you.

"How rude of me, allow me to introduce myself to your friends." He says charismatically, a glint of confidence in his darkened eyes. "Sano, Daisuke."

Rin groans something inaudible under his breath, before introducing himself to the exuberant man before him. He's just as curious about Daisuke, as Daisuke is about him— just how exactly do you know a guy like this?

"And who are these little ones?" The man asks, leaning down closer to meet their tiny gaze.

"I'm Reiko and he's Reiki." Reiko says enthusiastically. She can't help but get excited— after all, the man looked just like a handsome prince.

"Ko, don't talk to strangers." Suna spits, his tone laced with hints of malice. He already didn't like the guy, although he was unsure exactly why. He didn't need a reason— the way Daisuke kept eyeing you like a piece of meat was reason enough.

"I'm hardly a stranger— isn't that right, y/n?"

The sultry lilt in his voice was clearly caused by a battle for dominance between the two; Daisuke, of course, was never one to back down from a fight. He was a man who was used to getting the things he wanted, and you were no exception.

"Our families are in business together." You say, eyes pleading to Suna that he doesn't get the wrong idea. You had just gotten him to start opening up to you, you didn't want to lose all the progress that you two have made. He was too important to you, and the kids... you—

"Yes, you could say that." Daisuke finishes your statement, the palm of his sizable hand now resting heavy against your shoulder. Rin swears he would rip it out of his socket if he could, something about the man's relentless teasing made him furious.

"Anyways, I have to get going. I'm just here to pick up my order." He coos, patting your shoulder before trailing his finger tips across the skin of your back. "Y/n, please remember what I said when we spoke earlier. I meant every word of it."

With a smirk and a wave, he's making his way over to the register, and Rin's attention is now all on you.

"So that's where you went today? With him?"

He didn't mean for it to come out so aggressively, but he honestly wasn't expecting himself to feel to uneasy about it— he had no knowledge of this person and who he was to you, he had no idea what you did with him... were you seeing him as a friend? As a lover? his mind was reeling with thoughts and ideas, all of them bringing up extremely painful memories that he dreaded to re-live.

"No— I mean, yes I did see him, but it's not what you think." You defend, peeking at the kids who watch the two of you diligently. "Can we talk about this later, please?"

He simply nods in agreement, before getting up to go pay for the desserts. He couldn't stand to be here a moment longer... but first, he needed to say a few words to Mr. Sano.

"Y/n, do you mind getting the kids in the car while I pay the tab?" He asks, feigning harmless innocence as you hesitantly agree. You're worried about leaving Rin alone with Daisuke, but you obey his request anyways as you take the kids out of the shop.

Suna watches you walk out of the door, soon taking his opportunity to make conversation with the business man who seemingly had his eye on the woman he cares for most. He would be damned if he let you slip through his fingers; he deserves happiness too, doesn't he?

It had become so clear to Rin that the only way he could have that, was with you.

He could see himself spending the rest of his days with you and his kids. It's all he needed— aside from his family and friends, you were what kept him going every single day.

He found himself spending more time in the kitchen, learning how to cook with you teaching him and the kids simple recipes.

He found himself so excited to wake up in the morning, just to see your beautiful face before he left for training.

He was even more excited to come home from work and have you actually happy to see him walk through the door, greeting him with a pretty smile and glimmering eyes that never failed to make his heart skip a beat.

He just... he could lose you.

Daisuke could feel Rin's presence at his back, the looming sense of insecure jealously was all too comical to the man who's used to being the center of envy for most. After grabbing his food, Daisuke turned to face the pro athlete, their height almost identical as they glared at each other face to face.

"I don't know what you are to Ms. L/n, but I assure you that she's much better off with someone like me." Daisuke's voice is stoic and to the point— he has no desire to play games with the man who he could instantly tell was someone after your heart as well.

"What are you—"

"Y/n and I come from the same world, we've been through things that you couldn't possibly understand. I can give her the life she's accustomed to, I can give her things that you... could never."

Rin opens his mouth to offer some sort of rebuttal, but he realized that he didn't have one. He realized that he didn't know much about your personal life, your family... these were things the two of you didn't discuss.

He realized that whenever you two discussed problems or emotions, it was always about his troubles.

It was always about him.

Maybe his ex-wife was right.

"I really must get going, there isn't much left here to discuss." Daisuke says, waiving off Suna's inability to respond after he left him awestruck. "Just know, I've never once lost to anyone in my lifetime—

and I don't plan to start now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 9.5K 42
๐˜‰๐˜–๐˜–๐˜’ 1 ๐™จ๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™œ๐™–๐™ข๐™š๐™จ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฉ. ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐™ค๐™›๐™› ๏ฟฝ...
222K 6.6K 54
๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฒ๐š ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ข๐ง'๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐, ๐ฒ/๐ง, ๐๐ž๐œ๐ข๐๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ง๐ฌ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ซ๐š๐ณ๐š๐ค๐ข ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง ๏ฟฝ...
378K 22.2K 36
โ๐ˆ'๐‹๐‹ ๐Œ๐€๐Š๐„ ๐’๐”๐‘๐„ ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐–๐ˆ๐ ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐“๐Ž๐”๐‘๐๐€๐Œ๐„๐๐“โž -@keikaminari - date: 05/10/2021 ๐ˆ๐ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐ˆ๐‚๐„ ๐‘๐ˆ๐๐Š โ•ญโ”ˆโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ เณ„เพ€เฟ หŠหŽ...
882K 29.3K 41
๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜€ ๐—ฏ๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ด๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐˜€ ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฎ, ๐—ฎ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฑ-๐˜†๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ ๐˜ƒ๐—ผ๐—น๐—น๐—ฒ...