Whatever it takes

By Maximilian_Thermidor

Line Ark the last surviving city state in a dystopia of corporations and a polluted Earth. The United States... More

introduction
The battle of Line Ark
line Ark bio
United States of America bio
Dreams of the past
Angeles and Demons
Sapin Kingdom
The Landing
Sapins defeat
An old friend and newer enemies
The MK1
The Belkan front
Horrors of War
The deal
Current world map...so far
Strayed's design
A bigger threat
New recruits
Theocracy of the Damned
small teaser
Fallen Comrades
ITS HAPPENING
Sinister plans
important notice
Red Menace
Q&A
Coalition of Powers
need more nations
Season 1 final
Gameplay!
Dreams of war
AC6 future story

The meeting

1.5K 30 9
By Maximilian_Thermidor

Washington, D.C., The Pentagon

It was a complete shit show they lost most of their communications within just a few seconds with only a few of their systems still up and running. But right now the secretary of defense is dealing with an issue "What is this" he asked as he motioned to the picture of what seemed to be a giant bridge in the middle of the ocean. "I...I don't know sir but we received this picture from one of the drones you told us to send up to recon for any enemy movement." The secretary of defense leaned back in his chair while he pinched the bridge of his nose "This day keeps getting worse and worse" he paused for a moment "Is it just this one picture or do we have more maybe pictures of their military capabilities if they have any" his assistance flinched at this question "sir the drone was shot down a second later" the secretary of defense could feel a headache coming on "great there already shooting at us" he paused for a moment again rubbing his temple "well where are they located" he opened his eyes again to look at his assistant "about two thousand miles off the east coast sir."
He didn't expect them to be so close  "This is troublesome. I want both the navy and the air force on high alert and I want the president briefed within the next hour" The assistant graded the picture and went to immediately carry out his orders "Yes sir."

Washington, D.C., The Oval Office
President Levi's POV

I was sitting in my office trying to relax after the massive amount of paperwork that I had just finished until my assistant came in "Sir we have a problem." I turned around in my chair to face her and she handed me a picture of what seemed to be a giant bridge "What exactly am I looking at here" I sat the picture down "Mr president this picture was taken about two thousand miles off the east coast by one of are drone before being shot down." 'This is bad hostile forces this close to the mainland. We should try to clear up any misunderstanding with them if we can, damn this is one dangerous gamble.' I picked up the photo and handed it back to my assistant "I want an ambassador to accompany the third Fleet and I want them to make contact with the inhabitants, but if things go south tell them to turn around and head back." 'Hopefully, this can be resolved peacefully' I leaned back in my chair 'This just keeps getting better and better, god I need a drink.'

About 500 miles out from the bridge
3rd fleet, Ambassador William's POV

I was standing on the flight deck of the USS Nimitz staring out into the horizon '''re getting close I should probably go into the control tower and speak with the admiral' making it up the stairs and into the control room I found the admiral "good afternoon admiral" it takes him a few seconds to respond "you too Williams, I was just about to go out onto the flight deck and get you well I guess that saves me the hassle."

Time skip brought to you by an American Titan dunking on a Chinese tank

"Jesus was not even that close to it and it's humongous." I was staring at our destination. To say it was impressive would be an understatement. The admiral seemed impressed too well that was until the radar went off "Sir we have an unidentified bogey approaching at high speeds" The admiral immediately pressed the intercom and ordered everyone to battle stations. I could see it whatever it was it looked like it was gliding on the water but from what I could see it seemed to disengage its boosters as they folded behind its shoulders and slowed down immensely. Then it flew up into the air almost a few feet from landing on the flight deck. Now that I could see it properly it somewhat resembled a Titan just more humanoid and bigger ( for reference Titans are about 20 feet tall while NEXTs are generally 32 feet) it was almost all a blur it closed in so fast by the time I regained myself I could hear the admiral yelling into the radio to hold fire. Both the fleet and the unknown machine stayed in this stand-off until a voice cut threw are radios "This is the pilot of Morrgan you are trespassing on line Ark territory turn back immediately or we will respond with lethal Force"

Its red "eyes" staring into the control room the admiral grabbed the radio "To the pilot of Morrgan we have no ill intentions, we wish to open diplomatic talks between both the United States and your country" There  was a long pause for a few seconds but it felt like hours to everyone there
Until a response came through "Very well only a small team is allowed to come and once you are ready I will escort you to the landing zone" The machine lowered its weapons as the fleet did the same with the Americans letting out a sigh.

Line Arks presidential office

President Grant had led Line Ark through some of its darkest days but what he didn't expect was to be greeted by an ambassador from a country that was long dead. "So Williams you want Line Ark and the US to sign a non-aggression pact and to open trade for both countries." Williams nodded at this before he spoke up again "Oh yes there was that Incident with one of our drones" Grant looked up from the papers that Williams handed him and let out a hardy laugh "Oh that was one of your drones I am deeply sorry for that we thought it was one of the corporations " Williams wanted to know who these corporations were but before he could ask Grant spoke again "but seeing as how these terms benefit both parties I'm willing to sign them. On one condition I wish to know how much power corporations have in your country Williams" Williams thought about it for a moment these people have a thing against corporations. Good thing that over the years more laws have been passed to keep companies in check and stop there abuse of power but some manage to slip through the cracks so williams decided to answer honestly "well mister president most cooperations within the United States have mostly been under control with some slipping through the cracks" after the words left his mouth he could feel the mood in the room sour with the smile that was once on grant's face being replaced with a frown Williams felt someone else in the room staring a hole through his skull looking to grants left he noticed someone that wasn't there before what looked to be a man In a black combat suit with a pitch black visor staring straight into Williams soul he was snapped out of the stare down when Grant cleared his throat "I'm still willing to accept the agreements that you have proposed but if corporations become to powerful within your country we will immediately withdraw from all diplomatic talks" Grant signed the papers which would see that Line Ark and the United States enter into a non aggression pact along with opening boards for civilians and for trade with an American Embassy being built within line Ark and a Line Ark Embassy being built in New York city.

Williams pov

Thank god diplomatic talks went somewhat smoothly that man in the black combat gear gave me the creeps felt like he was digging into my brain(foreshadowing maybe) well speak of the devil and he will appear. Right before I could get back to the transport the man in the black gear approached me. How the hell did he get down here before me? "Ambassador Williams may I talk with you for a minute." I already didn't like this "Yes you may umm mister...." The man stopped I could feel that same feeling again like he was poking around in my brain "Strayed, you may call me strayed I'm the pilot of that black machine that escorted you here" What a strange name, or is that a nickname "well strayed what would you want to discuss with me" the man put a hand on my shoulder I could tell he was looking into my eyes even with the tinted visor "you see Williams I'm a mercenary well not right now since I'm working for line Ark but if your people ever need me for a war or hell for um what's the word....oh an assassination of any enemy leaders please do think about getting in contact with me" he walked past me I turned around but before I could ask him anything he vanished into thin air "what the fuck" I began walking back to the helicopter, I can't wait to get out of here.

Line Ark presidential office

"Strayed did you get any useful information" Grant asked the figure that was now sitting in front of him clad in black "Nothing much besides something very interesting" Grant hummed in response for strayed to continue "Well it same America from our world just that are timelines diverge at a certain point around the time that the Dismantlement War happened in our timeline they had a 3rd world war the only way I could explain the Divergence in our timeliness is in there world countries started cracking down on cooperations which stopped a lot of them from becoming to powerful." Grant found this fascinating multiple timeliness was something he had read about. But now they have living proof that it's an actual thing "thank you strayed you are dismissed" strayed left grant's office. Grant Turing his chair around to face out the window 'If only that would have happened in our world it would have saved so many from suffering.'

Unknown location

"My lord we have reports of land appearing out of thin air in the magic sea" The figure on the throne leaned Forward intrigued by what he was hearing "New land you say, I want you to send the navy to conquer this new land in the name of the empire, we will uncover the mysterious of this new land and use it against our enemies" the king satisfied with his answer and the thought of his empire becoming stronger relaxed in his throne more "it will be done my lord" the kneeling figure exists the throne room revealing the site of hundreds of thousands of ships in the harbor ready to conquer this new land in the name of there king.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

823 460 40
I've never been able to taste fear before, but I do now, it lingers in the air. Like a flame. Kindled by the president, fed by the citizens, and I'm...
Dust By Kellyy087

Science Fiction

6 10 6
A young man named Ark tries to find his humanity in a world occupied mainly by the Undead, but will that be achievable with his bloodlust against the...
371 8 51
The United States has fallen. A boy who watched everything fall around him survives in this fallen union. Alone. Along his journey he may find the an...
332K 5.3K 98
Disclaimer:I do not own fallout or gate as fallout belongs to betheasda softworks and gate belongs to takumi yanai illustrated by Daisuke Izuka and k...